Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sweet Summer Sun - Theater Showings Oct/Nov
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 11, 2013 10:41

The info is buried in the "Sweet Summer Sun" DVD/BR thread but I thought it would be useful to have a separate thread for the theater showings that will take place on November 4th (at least in Europe, not sure about the US and elsewhere ?)

So here goes :
- France : [www.pathelive.com]
- Holland : [www.pathe.nl]
- Japan : don't have the link handy, sorry

Feel free to post other countries below and I'll add them to the list.

Not sure when that "trend" started...well I guess with LSTNT in 1983 but that was an actual movie, but it was great to catch L&G in 2010 and more recently Wings's RockShow. A bunch of us will be at the Geode in Paris, not very far from the infamous Trabendo...almost a year ago, darn...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-14 13:18 by bv.

Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Theater Showings
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 11, 2013 11:25

After the release of the iTunes-Download and the many DVD/Blu-ray Editions from Hyde Park 2013, a Theatrical release seems to be the next big thing.

There are two general links: www.sweetsummersun.com/cinema and www.stonesonscreen.com.

Quote from this website: " "We are once again excited to be working with Eagle Rock Entertainment and I believe that Rolling Stones ‘Sweet Summer Sun: Hyde Park Live’ will be one of the biggest Event Cinema programs of the season", says Mark Rupp, Co-founder and President of SpectiCast. "

Here a Cinema List for Europe, Australia and the US from SpectiCast.

For instance Austria gets a theatrical release from 7th November on at Megaplex and Germany gets a theatrical release on 23th October at Cineplex.

UK, Canada and Japan seems to have a different movie distributor.

Since Cineplex is a canadian Company, it seems that Canada gets a Theatrical release at Cineplex too.

Yet a link for Japan.

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-15 10:25 by Irix.

Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Theater Showings on November 4th
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 11, 2013 12:07

SAL was quite a nice experience in a small movie theare.
Maybe because the surroundings were a little bit like the live venue.

I don't think LSTNT worked well at all in the cinema.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 11, 2013 13:35

Thanks for the link, Irix. It's going to play at a theater five minutes from where I live. Great surprise! smiling smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 11, 2013 14:01

yehaa, Mestreech

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 11, 2013 14:01

For those of us in the now not so sunny UK..

..Don' forget it's on the telly tomorrow night , BBC 1 about half ten .smiling smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 11, 2013 14:53

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-11 14:56 by Beast.

Date: October 11, 2013 15:29

Spud

..Don' forget it's on the telly tomorrow night , BBC 1 about half ten .smiling smiley

Really? Are they showing the whole DVD?!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 11, 2013 15:55

gotdablouse
Spud

Really? Are they showing the whole DVD?!

I dont think its the whole show.thumbs down

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 11, 2013 15:59

The BBC One broadcast is an abridged version of the full concert full which is released on DVD, BluRay and digital download on 11 November 2013.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Date: October 11, 2013 16:35

BBC program info for the broadcast (10:35pm - 11:50pm): [www.bbc.co.uk]

The running time of the Cinema version seems to be 118 mins, according to SpectiCast. Probably 16 Tracks without Bonus .....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-12 11:30 by Irix.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 12, 2013 02:15

Watching G/Bury now and looking forward to Hyde Park on BBC tomorrow.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 12, 2013 02:25

Sucks. Movie is playing in theaters where I currently am on the West Coast in January, yet in January I'll be back on the East Coast where the movie was playing in November lol.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 12, 2013 02:27

Looks like the only showing I can go to is one in Texas--4 1/2 hour drive on a school night. Unless I wait till early 2014. Perhaps it'll be showing in the UK while I'm there over Christmas??

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 12, 2013 02:30

Too bad, Aquamarine. I was amazed to see that it's playing so close to me, it doesn't really make sense. All I can think is that the theater owner must be a big Stones fan!

Date: October 12, 2013 02:45

Sometimes things just break the right way, latebloomer!

I had the same problem trying to see Zeppelin's Celebration Day--the good news was that in that case, they did keep announcing additional theaters so that it crept closer and closer to me, until I finally managed to go to a showing about 90 minutes away. (Downside--about ten minutes in, the theater's sound system was overwhelmed and kept cutting out. Some poor guy had to sit in the booth and keep re-setting it every five minutes.)

Date: October 12, 2013 11:15

If you are interested in the Film Posters, have a look at the 'Marketing Materials' tab on the SpectiCast website.

Poster-1 (PDF)

Poster-2 (PDF)

There are also some Pictures (this one below in High-Res with 4928x3280 Pixels, w/o the camera man) and the Trailers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-12 11:30 by Irix.

Date: October 12, 2013 17:51

bye bye johnny
The BBC One broadcast is an abridged version of the full concert full which is released on DVD, BluRay and digital download on 11 November 2013.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Thanks, yep they do say "The BBC One broadcast is an abridged version of the full concert full which is released on DVD, BluRay and digital download on 11 November 2013."

Still, that should be fun, will keep us waiting until the 4th!

--------------

Date: October 12, 2013 20:10

bye bye johnny

The BBC One broadcast (75 mins) is an abridged version from the Cinema version (only 16 Tracks) which is an abridged version from the regularly DVD/Blu-ray (19 Tracks) and the latter one is a abridged version from the japanese Edition (20 Tracks) winking smiley

Date: October 13, 2013 02:37

Irix
If you are interested in the Film Posters, have a look at the 'Marketing Materials' tab on the SpectiCast website.

Poster-1 (PDF)

Poster-2 (PDF)

I collect posters of shows I've been to, and as there wasn't one for Hyde Park, if anybody comes across an outlet for buying the film posters, I'd be very grateful for the info!

Date: October 13, 2013 02:50

Aquamarine

I collect posters of shows I've been to, and as there wasn't one for Hyde Park, if anybody comes across an outlet for buying the film posters, I'd be very grateful for the info!

Why not simply printing the PDF by yourself? Take the file to a good Copy Shop and they can certainly print this in a size and on a paper like the posters in the cinema (or even better).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-13 03:05 by Irix.

Date: October 13, 2013 03:01

I thought of that, but they often won't do it if it's not your own picture (as this obviously wouldn't be), because of copyright issues, I guess.

Re: Sweet Summer Sun - Theater Showings Oct/Nov
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: October 14, 2013 16:45

Check the screening dates given by Specticast on the sites of your local cinema. They may be different, e.g. Germany, Münster Schloßtheater: Specticast: 2013-11-06; Schloßtheater 2013-10-23. Seems to be on sale.
Another misstake: Germany, Münster: there is no Fønix-Kino, it's in Kristiansand in Norway.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 14, 2013 23:29

Funny selection of countries in Europe: Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Austria and Spain!!!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 15, 2013 00:54

So because we in the UK got an abridged version of the DVD via BBC, we won't be getting the full version on the big screen?? Come on, get your act together won't you, Eagle Vision??

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: October 15, 2013 15:51

gotdablouse
bye bye johnny

[www.rollingstones.com]

Thanks, yep they do say "The BBC One broadcast is an abridged version of the full concert full which is released on DVD, BluRay and digital download on 11 November 2013."

Still, that should be fun, will keep us waiting until the 4th!

So no Midnight Rambler. I won't go.

Date: October 15, 2013 15:54

Omitting the best songs: YGTS and Midnight Rambler???

Date: October 15, 2013 15:54

mtaylor
Funny selection of countries in Europe: Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Austria and Spain!!!

Kristiansand, Norway is also added - although it is listed as Germany eye rolling smiley

Posted by: belld ()
Date: October 15, 2013 16:38

Beast
So because we in the UK got an abridged version of the DVD via BBC, we won't be getting the full version on the big screen?? Come on, get your act together won't you, Eagle Vision??
This is so annoying as although Park audience was truly international the largest number were UK citizens. Why exclude us?
If recent cinema experiences in UK of Stones films is anything to go by then they may have understandably concluded it will be very poorly attended. If so then why not just 3 screens - London, Manchester and Glasgow?

Date: October 15, 2013 22:50

kleermaker

So no Midnight Rambler. I won't go.

DandelionPowderman

Omitting the best songs: YGTS and Midnight Rambler???

Where is that stated? confused smiley

The SpectiCast website says, there are 16 Tracks (Running Time 118 mins as on DVD/Blu-ray, apart from the Bonus).

Abridged (71 mins, 10 Tracks) was only the TV-Broadcast on BBC1 (available here until Sat, 19-Oct-2013).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-15 23:05 by Irix.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home