Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
The Rolling Stones return to Hyde Park to be broadcast on BBC1 Saturday 12th October 10.35pm
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 2, 2013 19:17

[www.rollingstones.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Re: The Rolling Stones return to Hyde Park to be broadcast on BBC1 Saturday 12th October 10.35pm
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: October 2, 2013 19:50

Well thats nice of them,first they issue Live in Hyde Park on I Tunes erxclusive them they re issue the same thing again as part of a CD/DVD set with a different name,now the visual part is on National TV just after we all pre ordered it.
Still every cloud has a silver lining I was browsing round a Currys Electrical store yesterday and bought a DVD recorder I have not used one for years cos of all the hard drive SKY+ and Tivo gadgets.
But I have missed being able to record physical content onto DVD,so now I can use my new gadget to record what I already own,still nothing really changes I like most of you here have bought most things at least 3 times.
Happy days are here again ,sigh!

Re: The Rolling Stones return to Hyde Park to be broadcast on BBC1 Saturday 12th October 10.35pm
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 2, 2013 19:55

adotulipson
now the visual part is on National TV just after we all pre ordered it.

In fact, it will be broadcasted an edited version, not the whole DVD. My guess is that they will show only these songs: Gimme Shelter, Jumpin' Jack Flash, You Can't Always Get What You Want and (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, in a half-hour program.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: October 2, 2013 19:57

If it's any consolation to you the BEEB are not showing the whole thing!

"The BBC One broadcast is an abridged version of the full concert full which is released on DVD, BluRay and digital download on 11 November 2013."

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: October 2, 2013 20:05

Deltics
If it's any consolation to you the BEEB are not showing the whole thing!

"The BBC One broadcast is an abridged version of the full concert full which is released on DVD, BluRay and digital download on 11 November 2013."

Maybe so but once it is released somebody will broadcast it in full,just like Some Girls Live in Texas and Charlie is my Darling,Crossfire Hurricane of course ,they broadcast first,still bought it as per usual with their stuff.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 2, 2013 20:55

can't we get this on Palladia or AXSTV in the States? We eventually got Ladies & Gentleman and Some Girls Live in Texas on Palladia.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: October 4, 2013 23:20

Let us know (here in the US) if this will be streamed on-line...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 4, 2013 23:47

Cristiano Radtke
adotulipson

In fact, it will be broadcasted an edited version, not the whole DVD. My guess is that they will show only these songs: Gimme Shelter, Jumpin' Jack Flash, You Can't Always Get What You Want and (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, in a half-hour program.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I don't think it fathomable that it would be a half hour program. An hour at minimum.

Date: October 4, 2013 23:57

treaclefingers
Cristiano Radtke
adotulipson

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I don't think it fathomable that it would be a half hour program. An hour at minimum.

When I first read on BBC website, I thought this could be an half hour program, but now I see it will be at least an one hour program. It's on the BBC schedule for next saturday: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 5, 2013 00:21

Cristiano Radtke
treaclefingers
Cristiano Radtke
adotulipson

[www.bbc.co.uk]

When I first read on BBC website, I thought this could be an half hour program, but now I see it will be at least an one hour program. It's on the BBC schedule for next saturday: [www.bbc.co.uk]

When I first looked at your post, I thought I was wrong! Easy mistake to make.

Date: October 5, 2013 00:27

treaclefingers

When I first looked at your post, I thought I was wrong! Easy mistake to make.

It was my mistake, actually. At least, all of us will be pleased to watch an one hour program, instead of the half hour program I was thinking of. smileys with beer

Posted by: nobodysbusiness ()
Date: October 5, 2013 00:52

Here's a direct link to the BBC's info page.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Having been at both shows I can't wait to see it again.

Posted by: nobodysbusiness ()
Date: October 5, 2013 00:54

Typical of the BBC to get it wrong....Sweet Summer SUNDAY.....

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 7, 2013 19:54

One hour 15 minutes' run time...

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: October 7, 2013 21:11

Language can be very tricky - and English is not my mother language, that makes things even more ambiguous - so, reading the thread title, I thought that the Stones would go back to Hyde Park for a new concert: "The Rolling Stones return to Hyde Park to be broadcast on BBC1 Saturday 12th October 10.35 pm", "return" can be a verb or a noun, and "broadcast" or "broadcasted" are both valid as Past Principle of the verb - to broadcast

Silly me, but since the intro of Start me up at the last concert sounded like it had been played with a chain-saw, who knows, Scorsese might have organized a "redemptive mission"...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 12, 2013 12:29

Just a reminder................The Stones are on the telly tonight...........10.35 -11.50 p.m. U.K. time.

Stones on TV.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 12, 2013 13:32

zumabitch
Language can be very tricky - and English is not my mother language, that makes things even more ambiguous - so, reading the thread title, I thought that the Stones would go back to Hyde Park for a new concert: "The Rolling Stones return to Hyde Park to be broadcast on BBC1 Saturday 12th October 10.35 pm", "return" can be a verb or a noun, and "broadcast" or "broadcasted" are both valid as Past Principle of the verb - to broadcast

Silly me, but since the intro of Start me up at the last concert sounded like it had been played with a chain-saw, who knows, Scorsese might have organized a "redemptive mission"...

ha ha..brilliant...don't worry about it Zumabitch...I'm English and I totally see how you got there. I wonder if there's someone standing in Hyde Park today wondering where everybody is?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 12, 2013 14:25

exhpart
I wonder if there's someone standing in Hyde Park today wondering where everybody is?

I am at the ticket office right now. About 100 Stonesfans standing in line smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 12, 2013 14:33

...is Ginger Baker in the line ???

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 12, 2013 14:52

Not sure ... older guy, red hair, big beard ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 12, 2013 14:54

...yep that'll be him ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 12, 2013 14:59

....try and drum up a conversation with him Rollin' Hansie

ROCKMAN

Date: October 12, 2013 22:15

Just got here at Hyde Park after a pint or 10 in old London Town looking forward to this unexpected Stones gig.
No one seemed to know about it,but headed over here and not much happening.
Didn't have to get in line for tix as there was no line.
Oh! Well! gonna go back home and watch TV. May be something good on there. winking smiley

Date: October 12, 2013 22:24

crawdaddy

Oh! Well! gonna go back home and watch TV. May be something good on there. winking smiley

Nope! There's no "Match Of The Day" because of the World Cup Qualifiers. grinning smiley

Date: October 12, 2013 23:03

For non UK viewers you'll need to negotiate your way through a load of pop up ads but this works:
[www.stream2watch.me]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-12 23:04 by Deltics.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 12, 2013 23:16

Not long to go and looking so forward to it.

Having to drink a few cups of coffee, can't get too sloshed for the main event tonight.smileys with beer

Date: October 12, 2013 23:20

"Everybody seems to be ready, are you ready"? smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 12, 2013 23:25

Deltics

For non UK viewers you'll need to negotiate your way through a load of pop up ads but this works: [www.stream2watch.me]

Thank you very much for this link smiling smiley

Yes, it works in Germany and you have to navigate first through tons of pop-up ads, but if you have it finally completed, it works thumbs up

Maybe it's better to install first the latest security updates on your computer.

Date: October 12, 2013 23:26

Deltics
For non UK viewers you'll need to negotiate your way through a load of pop up ads but this works:
[www.stream2watch.me]

If somebody have some kind of problem with this link, there's also these other two, and they are working, too:

[livetvcafe.net]

[freetvall.com]

Date: October 12, 2013 23:39

I'm over here in Spain and an hour in front but all geared up to watch the show. I think it's from the first gig ,but maybe bits of the second. Have to wait and see. Gonna be good anyways, so gonna enjoy it cos it's The Stones. smileys with beer

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home