Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT: Fleetwood Mac with Chirstine McVie!
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 27, 2014 23:18

Yep, it's a go : [www.rollingstone.com]

Man I wish she'd been around for the 2013 tour, hope they make it back to Europe in 2015!

9/30 Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
10/2 Chicago, IL - United Center
10/6 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
10/10 Boston, MA - TD Garden
10/11 Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
10/14 Pittsburgh, PA - Consol Energy Center
10/15 Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
10/18 Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
10/19 Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
10/21 Indianapolis, IN - Bankers Life Fieldhouse
10/22 Auburn Hills, MI - The Palace of Auburn Hills
10/26 Ottawa, ON - Canadian Tire Centre
10/31 Washington, DC - Verizon Center
11/1 Hartford, CT - XL Center
11/10 Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
11/12 Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre
11/14 Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
11/15 Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
11/18 Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
11/20 Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome
11/22 Portland, OR - Moda Center
11/24 Sacramento, CA - Sleep Train Arena
11/25 San Jose, CA - SAP Center
11/28 Inglewood, CA - The Forum
11/29 Inglewood, CA - The Forum
12/2 San Diego, CA - Viejas Arena
12/3 Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena
12/10 Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
12/12 Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
12/14 Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
12/15 Houston, TX - Toyota Center
12/17 Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
12/19 Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
12/20 Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Times Forum

Oh and there is a long interview here [www.rollingstone.com] :
- it's a world tour, so Europe should get shows at some point
- they're working on new material! First time that line-up is doing that since "Tango In The Night", right? Amazing!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 02:36 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 27, 2014 23:32

Didn't go to the Vancouver show last year but just might this time! Tickets run from $70 to $200 so add on usual fees, taxes over and above, probably looking at $500 for a pair of good seats.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: March 28, 2014 00:34

I saw Fleetwood Mac in 1988 on the Tango Of The Night tour. It was such a killer concert and one of the 3 best in that year. But unfortunatly, Lindsay Buckingham quit the band before they went on the road.

I would love to see Fleedwood Mac for a 2nd time, when they perform in the Rumors lineup!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 28, 2014 01:25

Looking forward to it!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 28, 2014 02:33

They should play Rumors in full. And I wish tickets were cheaper.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: March 28, 2014 03:14

Looking forward to seeing them at The Forum in L.A. - just like old times!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 03:26

33 cities of which 7 are in Canada. I'm surprised to see a Saskatoon date, which is by far the smallest city on the tour. Population of around 250,000 and the arena holds around 12000. Conversely, Montreal isn't included! I'm sure this just one leg of a world tour and they'll probably be back in North America next year.

Posted by: stillweldozer ()
Date: March 28, 2014 04:17

shess still hot enough to fuk in a truckkk witht he windows rolled up on a hot oklehoma day

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 28, 2014 04:51

stillweldozer
shess still hot enough to fuk in a truckkk witht he windows rolled up on a hot oklehoma day

Ok.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 28, 2014 04:55

24FPS
Do you think they'll hype her return and then limit her to a cameo of one or two songs, max? That would be a shitty thing to do to a former member that the fans clamored for.

smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: March 28, 2014 05:37

Yes it's true Christine will be on tour with them! I just got off the phone with Waddy Watchtel and he's in pre/production with Stevie she want's to put out here new album before Fleetwood mac goes on tour he told me they should be done with the new album by June.

Date: March 28, 2014 07:12

maybe i'll get a ticket

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 12:21

There'll be a big demand in England for her 80's tunes live...Little Lies & Everywhere are all over the radio and tv

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 29, 2014 23:58

i can't wait to get my ticket just read the announcement yesterday in the paper.

Date: September 20, 2014 16:37

Wasn't sure where to post this but Stevie Nicks' "Metamorphosis" of sorts, ie. "24 Karat Gold" is about to get released and I just bumped into the rather good title track, sounds like Waddy's guitar on there?

It reminds me a lot of the also terrific song she contributed to Dave Grohl's "Sound City" project, "You Can't Fix This" :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: September 20, 2014 17:13

I am going to see FM in November. Got front row center seats in a package to meet Mick Fleetwood. Have seen FM several times without CM. Really looking forward to seeing the band with her. She has many outstanding songs

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 21, 2014 02:52

I am going in October in Boston. Can't wait!

Date: October 1, 2014 19:56

First show last night as reported on by RS : [www.rollingstone.com]

--------------

Date: October 1, 2014 23:06

I still this tour basically should have been planned around the entire Rumors record, and judging by the setlist they clearly feel similar. Either played in sequence or played throughout the show, but playing the full album, seemed like the most logical idea with all 5 of them back together.

Moving on from that though, it is a very good setlist. Only thing major missing for me is Monday Morning, which I love, and to complete the Rumors album would be I Don't Want To Know, which I also love. Oh Daddy I'm kind of ok with not being played, as it was always my least favorite from Rumors.

Songbird as the final encore is a really nice touch though and there's nothing major I could complain about this setlist. If I had more money I'd consider seeing them. And like I said, playing 9 of the 11 songs from Rumors? They might as well just done the whole thing IMO.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: October 2, 2014 06:39

If they're gonna play an entire LP make it "Tusk" I say....

Date: October 2, 2014 06:44

Wry Cooter
If they're gonna play an entire LP make it "Tusk" I say....

I don't disagree. But obviously Rumours is the more commercial and viable choice.

Date: October 7, 2014 19:46

Things are going well : [www.rollingstone.com] !

Now to check on Dime if any recordings have surfaced ;-)

--------------

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: October 7, 2014 19:58

Dime did have the first night up a few weeks ago... is John McVie on tour with them too, they make NO menton of him in that RS article

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 7, 2014 20:03

I watched a few youtube videos. John is there and Christine sounds amazing. I'll be at the Newark show on Saturday.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 10, 2014 23:43

Hey all... Has anyone here bought the special pre-sale meet & greet w/ Mick Fleetwood package tickets?

My wife found out last night that Fleetwood Mac is coming to Knoxville in March and said "I want to go". That losley translates to, "as long as tickets aren't outrageously priced, get me tickets, we're going."

My dilema is this: I know she likes GREAT seats while I'll be OK with good seats. Buying through pre-sales generally means GREAT seats but I'm wondering what the cost of those packages might be. Using tonight's Boston show, it seems the printed cost of tickets is between $67 & $207. Curious to know if anyone here may have purchased any of the Meet & Greet w/ Mick Fleetwood tickets (or other pre-sale tickets) and what the cost was/is. The American Express option isn't available to us as we don't have on of their cards.

Thanks in advance for any info that someone may be able to share... Looks like I'll be seeing Fleetwood Mac in March! Woo-Hoo!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 11, 2014 03:57

I've listened to the 24 tracks from the Rumors record and heard an interesting thing about Christie's tune "Songbird".

There are loads of accompanying tracks recorded for that tune; guitars, bass, drums, add'l vocals, the whole band tried contributing to the song on tape.

In the end none of them really worked and they ended up just releasing the song with Christie's piano and a vocal track. I think the piano was made from two doubled tracks and possibly the vocal too.

Kudo's to whomever decided that the stripped down version was the best, probably Ken Caillat. The song is a real gem, love it. peace

Date: September 26, 2016 21:02

Fleetwood Mac seem to have a future as a recording unit but strangely enough, without Stevie Nicks it seems, sounds like a missed opportunity : [www.rollingstone.com]

More recently, you took some time away from Fleetwood Mac, before returning in 2014 for a world tour. What is the future of the band at this point?
Well, we cut seven songs in the studio already for the start of a brand-new studio album. Which we did probably nearer two years ago. We shelved that temporarily and then went on the road and did the tour. And now, actually, I think we're going back in in October to try to finish it off. Stevie hasn't participated yet, but hope springs eternal. She's going on a solo tour at the moment. But Lindsey and I, we have plenty of songs. There are tons more in the bag that we have yet to record. And they're fantastic. So we're going to carry on and try to finish the record. And then maybe if Stevie doesn't want to be part of that then we can go out and just do some smaller concerts.

You would consider doing some shows with just you, Lindsey, Mick and John [McVie]?
As a four-piece, yeah. With a view of doing a huge world tour after that, with Stevie.

--------------

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 26, 2016 21:27

Love Stevie and Christine

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 26, 2016 21:53

gotdablouse
Fleetwood Mac seem to have a future as a recording unit but strangely enough, without Stevie Nicks it seems, sounds like a missed opportunity : [www.rollingstone.com]

More recently, you took some time away from Fleetwood Mac, before returning in 2014 for a world tour. What is the future of the band at this point?
Well, we cut seven songs in the studio already for the start of a brand-new studio album. Which we did probably nearer two years ago. We shelved that temporarily and then went on the road and did the tour. And now, actually, I think we're going back in in October to try to finish it off. Stevie hasn't participated yet, but hope springs eternal. She's going on a solo tour at the moment. But Lindsey and I, we have plenty of songs. There are tons more in the bag that we have yet to record. And they're fantastic. So we're going to carry on and try to finish the record. And then maybe if Stevie doesn't want to be part of that then we can go out and just do some smaller concerts.

You would consider doing some shows with just you, Lindsey, Mick and John [McVie]?
As a four-piece, yeah. With a view of doing a huge world tour after that, with Stevie.
I would love to see FM again...the show I saw in October 2014 with all five of them was fantastic.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 27, 2016 01:03

Stevie is touring with The Pretenders this fall.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home