Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT: Fleetwood Mac with Chirstine McVie!
Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: September 26, 2013 20:04

She joined them on stage last night at the O2 for "Don't Stop"...

Re: OT: Fleetwood Mac with Chirstine McVie!
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 26, 2013 20:07

Well, I know Mick put out an open invitation for her to rejoin the group at anytime.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 26, 2013 20:17

Looks like the rest of the band would take her back as well. Pretty cool. Thanks for posting. Saw them back in 2003 w/o Christine and it still ranks with some of the best shows I've ever seen.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: September 26, 2013 20:18

Never knew if/why she quit, left or retired about 10 years ago?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 26, 2013 20:20

Nice, only in the UK though I think? Would be nice if they added "You Make Loving Fun", that's my favorite FM song, what a groove!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: September 26, 2013 20:24

Christine's songs have never been my thing, though she has a great voice. But I've always thought it was a shame she left. Mainly with this lineup of Fleetwood Mac I like Lindsey's songs and some of Stevie's. Christine's songs, though catchy, just aren't my taste. But her playing and backing vocals were crucial to many songs I do like.

Date: September 26, 2013 20:30

jamesfdouglas

From what I read she never liked touring, and had been toying with the idea of retiring for a while, but then was talked back into it for things like The Dance, but then completely retired. She released a solo album and didn't tour for it.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 26, 2013 20:34

NoCode0680
Christine's songs have never been my thing, though she has a great voice. But I've always thought it was a shame she left. Mainly with this lineup of Fleetwood Mac I like Lindsey's songs and some of Stevie's. Christine's songs, though catchy, just aren't my taste. But her playing and backing vocals were crucial to many songs I do like.

....what you just said...I couldn't agree more.thumbs up

Date: September 26, 2013 20:34

According to this article, Peter Green was there as well. C'mon Lindsey, why not let Peter sit in as well! Surely Mick & John could come up with something to play with him!

Note: JamesfDouglas: There's a bit of info on her retirement in the article as well.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 26, 2013 20:36

Thanks for posting Jah Paul, That is awesome!

Without me blahblahblahing too much, I have always admired Christine McVie since we were third row for the Tusk your and she concluded the show with her amazing songbird song... I can still envision it perfectly clear and if it was last week, it is a great concert memory for me.... It still makes me smile, I love that song...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-26 20:38 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 26, 2013 20:36

jamesfdouglas

She retired in early '98, a few months after "The Dance" tour ended...sold her house in Los Angeles and moved back home to England. Apparently, it took some convincing for her to join them for The Dance reunion in '97, so her permanent departure wasn't all that surprising.

As far as I know, this was the first time she's performed with them since she left.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 26, 2013 21:37

this is the first performance with her onstage since early 1998, the Dance Tour ended 30 Nov 1997 but there were several promo appearances in early 1998 including the Grammy Awards.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: September 26, 2013 21:43

they should've got Peter Green up for Albatross. That would've been ace. At least he can still play that one. If only he and Danny Kirwan were well.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 27, 2013 03:45

Love this... I'd buy any new Fleetwood Mac album if she were back in the band and I'd go see them on tour if she were there too... She is an essential part of this line-up. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 27, 2013 03:58

According to Fleetwood in this interview, the group were asked to perform this years Glastonbury, but declined.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 27, 2013 04:07

Jah Paul
jamesfdouglas

She retired in early '98, a few months after "The Dance" tour ended...sold her house in Los Angeles and moved back home to England. Apparently, it took some convincing for her to join them for The Dance reunion in '97, so her permanent departure wasn't all that surprising.

As far as I know, this was the first time she's performed with them since she left.

Think that's correct, although she does make an absolutely glorious cameo on "Bleed to Love Her" from 2002's 'Say You Will'. The highpoint of the album IMO. She's on "Steal Your Heart Away" too.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: September 27, 2013 04:20

mr_dja
Looks like the rest of the band would take her back as well. Pretty cool. Thanks for posting. Saw them back in 2003 w/o Christine and it still ranks with some of the best shows I've ever seen.

Peace,
Mr DJA

thumbs up Saw them in NY in '79 or so & it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Saw Fleetwood Mac also about '74 in New Orleans just after Peter Greene era & they were only so-so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-27 05:18 by owlbynite.

Date: September 27, 2013 04:23

Gazza
Jah Paul
jamesfdouglas

Think that's correct, although she does make an absolutely glorious cameo on "Bleed to Love Her" from 2002's 'Say You Will'. The highpoint of the album IMO. She's on "Steal Your Heart Away" too.

"Bleed to Love Her" is a great song...always enjoyed the live version on 'The Dance'.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 27, 2013 07:39

Big Al
According to Fleetwood in this interview, the group were asked to perform this years Glastonbury, but declined.

Well if the Stones were going to play would you spoil your moment in the sun?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 27, 2013 08:59

Thanks for posting. I needed that tonight.

Date: September 27, 2013 09:43

Gazza
Jah Paul
jamesfdouglas

thats because bleed to love her was recorded around 1998 or so for buckinghams long delayed solo album gift of screws. i think steal you heart away was recorded around the same time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-27 09:48 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 27, 2013 11:52

A really nice Christine McVie song. Used to hear this one on the radio all the time....

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: September 27, 2013 12:45

It's not Fleetwood Mac without Christine Perfect in it. That's why I passed on this tour.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 27, 2013 13:33

I've never seen Fleetwood Mac before and went out of curiosity the other night (which did not feature Christine McVie - she was slated to appear only at the second two London shows, i.e., Wednesday and tonight, for that one song) and they far outstripped my expectations, which were quite low on the basis of reports from friends who'd seen them on past tours. The recorded versions of their songs now sound pathetic compared to the live versions I heard. Lindsey Buckingham's guitar-playing was a revelation, Mick Fleetwood was having an absolute ball and Stevie Nicks did a great job of finding alternatives to those high notes she probably can't do anymore. Not to be missed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-27 13:34 by Beast.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 27, 2013 14:06

Good to hear, I'm seeing them in a couple of weeks at Bercy. I think I'm going to treat myself to a little preview as the Dublin show is on Dime ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 27, 2013 14:08

Love, love, LOVE Fleetwood Mac almost as much as I love the Rolling Stones, and it's great to see Christine perform with them again after all this time.

Thanks for posting, Jah Paul.

Drew

Date: September 27, 2013 15:21

Beast
I've never seen Fleetwood Mac before and went out of curiosity the other night (which did not feature Christine McVie - she was slated to appear only at the second two London shows, i.e., Wednesday and tonight, for that one song) and they far outstripped my expectations, which were quite low on the basis of reports from friends who'd seen them on past tours. The recorded versions of their songs now sound pathetic compared to the live versions I heard. Lindsey Buckingham's guitar-playing was a revelation, Mick Fleetwood was having an absolute ball and Stevie Nicks did a great job of finding alternatives to those high notes she probably can't do anymore. Not to be missed.

thumbs upsmileys with beer

If I would have been more articulate in my previous post I would have said nearly exactly what Beast said above (though I would have referenced the show I saw in 2003. The specific comments about Lindsey, Mick & Stevie are the same as I thought 10 years ago.

If you can afford it financially, Fleetwood Mac is worth every penny you spend to get yourself into the building.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: September 27, 2013 16:35

I'm seeing them in Birmingham on Sunday. I hope Christine puts in an appearance, she's a local, originally from Smethwick.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 27, 2013 17:33

No peter green. No Fleetwood mac.

Date: September 27, 2013 17:36

More Hot Rocks
No peter green. No Fleetwood mac.

That's why they named the band Peter Mac.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2016
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home