Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 223
Re: OT: The Worst Fake Concert Poster I've Ever Seen (How Many Errors Can YOU Spot?)
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 14, 2014 03:54

6. Crisler Arena wasn't built until 1967, and it wasn't called Crisler Arena until 1970.

Re: OT: The Worst Fake Concert Poster I've Ever Seen (How Many Errors Can YOU Spot?)
Date: October 14, 2014 03:58

7. The word "The" in The Beatles is in a type font called Bookman Swash. It was invented in 1975.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-14 04:05 by tatters.

Date: October 14, 2014 04:00

8. Finally, no Detroit concert promoter would ever have identified himself as a "Ticket Chairman."

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: October 14, 2014 05:12

Did Herman's Hermits ever open up for them? I know they toured the U.S. with the Who opening in '67 but as far as I know, they never supported the Beatles.

These posters can get ridiculous. My favorite is one of the Monkees with Paul Revere & the Raiders supporting... at some arena in July '66. The Monkees hadn't even released a record in July '66, let alone toured.

Hell, in high school I got a framed poster of the Stones' Opening Night in Lynn, MA (two towns away from where I grew up). The had the right venue, opening acts, month, and day... but dated the show as '65 instead of '66. I hit it in the back of my closet and eventually threw it out about 10 years ago. The typo would have driven me crazy had I been forced to see it on my wall every day.

Re: Beatles vs Stones - and other Beatles stuff
Date: October 14, 2014 09:55

Ah, here it is. The thread where all discussions of anything Beatle-related go to die. Anyway, no, they never toured with Herman's Hermits.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 14, 2014 10:13

Ahh, the argument rages on. Bless them

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 14, 2014 10:16

tatters
Ah, here it is. The thread where all discussions of anything Beatle-related go to die. Anyway, no, they never toured with Herman's Hermits.

Make that: where all discussions of anything even remotely, conceivably, Beatles-related go to die.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 14, 2014 10:19

I wonder what songs would have come out from Jagger/McCartney and Lennon/Richards...

at least Yesterdays papers from the first couple...smiling smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 14, 2014 12:08

And Cold Turkey from the second duo. smiling smiley

Date: October 14, 2014 12:24

stonehearted
And Cold Turkey from the second duo. smiling smiley

And Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey Man. grinning smiley

Date: October 14, 2014 13:53

whitem8
I know me too! But I can't resist. I did get the Mono box set and it is waiting for me in the US, I will pack it in my suitcase and bring it back to Thailand this coming summer.

Hey whitem8, it is a superb box set! I hope you have a generous luggage allowance on your flight back to Thailand though..........apart from the magnificent 180g vinyl itself (of which there are 14 of course) and the perfect replica covers, insets, photos, the quality hard back book, there is also the box itself......but of course you knew all that, good luck!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 14, 2014 16:28

Yeah I have a very good baggage allowance, platinum status on Delta, so for long haul three bags. A lot will be vinyl coming back with me, Beatles, Stones, and some other various odds and ends. Glad to hear the box is great! I thought the stereo box was very well done. I had read some criticism of the American pressings having flaws, but my copies were excellent.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 14, 2014 22:36

whitem8
Yeah I have a very good baggage allowance, platinum status on Delta, so for long haul three bags. A lot will be vinyl coming back with me, Beatles, Stones, and some other various odds and ends. Glad to hear the box is great! I thought the stereo box was very well done. I had read some criticism of the American pressings having flaws, but my copies were excellent.

Mine as well. Flawless in fact and sound is sublime.

Date: October 19, 2014 18:47

OK...further price break...$325...this is going as according to plan:

[www.amazon.ca]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 21, 2014 03:11

this was a super cool performance of Dhani Harrison
that people won't see now because buried in a 51-page thread -- but you have the right to do whatever
you want. As does the person who had a bug up his or her bottom leading to reporting it

Go girl! I sure enjoyed this video and am glad I found it before it got buried. Thanks again for the post. peace

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 21, 2014 03:31

Naturalust
this was a super cool performance of Dhani Harrison
that people won't see now because buried in a 51-page thread -- but you have the right to do whatever
you want. As does the person who had a bug up his or her bottom leading to reporting it

Go girl! I sure enjoyed this video and am glad I found it before it got buried. Thanks again for the post. peace

thanks, Naturalust smiling smiley Was just thinking about you the other day - was down in Moss Beach - the surf
was insane! I watched it from the cliffs and shore, not a board, but yowza wowza!

- swiss

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 7, 2014 02:03

This is so great, and will only take just over a minute of your time:

Date: November 7, 2014 07:59

That was great. Thanks Aquamarine. Loved Randy's excitement over the making of the chord.

But, I don't believe it would be the first think I would cue up if given access to all the Beatles tunes on ProTools. Not sure where I'd start but what a tremendous opportunity to study the masters at their craft. I'll bet that was a day to remember for Mr. Bachman. peace

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 7, 2014 08:51

Well the Hard days night chord is great stuff but what about this intro:

>grinning smiley<

2 1 2 0

Date: November 8, 2014 05:28

Come On
Well the Hard days night chord is great stuff but what about this intro:

>grinning smiley<

It's nice, but you must be joking...there is no comparison.

Date: November 8, 2014 10:11

Y'know, I posted the Hard Day's Night chord thing because in the place where I found it, it was captioned something like "anyone who loves music will love this," and I posted it in the most Beatles-oriented thread so as not to start another one unnecessarily. And almost immediately this minute and a half of joy turns into another excuse to bash one band at the expense of the other.

So, that's the last time I bother.

Date: November 8, 2014 21:22

Aquamarine
Y'know, I posted the Hard Day's Night chord thing because in the place where I found it, it was captioned something like "anyone who loves music will love this," and I posted it in the most Beatles-oriented thread so as not to start another one unnecessarily. And almost immediately this minute and a half of joy turns into another excuse to bash one band at the expense of the other.

If you're referring to my post, I hardly think I was bashing anyone. Come On was suggesting that Tell Me's riff was comparable/better than "A Hard Day's Night", and I was disagreeing.

Can we not do that?

Date: November 8, 2014 21:34

Aquamarine

Hey some of us really appreciated that post, please don't be so easily discouraged, we need people who are intuitive and can share stuff like that which is so obviously entertaining. Don't let negativity win over your goodhearted soul. peace

Date: November 8, 2014 21:40

Randy Bachman's Hard Day's Night chord comes close, but it's still not right. He's missing the piano.

Date: November 8, 2014 23:33

treaclefingers
Aquamarine

If you're referring to my post, I hardly think I was bashing anyone. Come On was suggesting that Tell Me's riff was comparable/better than "A Hard Day's Night", and I was disagreeing.

Can we not do that?

I wasn't talking about you, treacle, sorry! My post just followed yours. FWIW, I agreed with your disagreement. My beef was just that the clip was taken by Come On (with whom I have no other beef!) as a means to say "yeah, but the Stones' riff was better," prompting a comparison which was not my purpose in posting it at all.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 9, 2014 01:00

For those who might be interested in a pre-production version of A Hard Day's Night, without the piano and without overdubs, and with a couple of false starts to hear the opening chord as it originally sounded (from take 2).

Date: November 9, 2014 05:25

Aquamarine
treaclefingers
Aquamarine

Can we not do that?

I wasn't talking about you, treacle, sorry! My post just followed yours. FWIW, I agreed with your disagreement. My beef was just that the clip was taken by Come On (with whom I have no other beef!) as a means to say "yeah, but the Stones' riff was better," prompting a comparison which was not my purpose in posting it at all.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No sweat at all even if we were in disagreement, but we obviously agreed as well!

Date: November 9, 2014 09:52

smileys with beer

Date: November 9, 2014 10:46

tatters
Randy Bachman's Hard Day's Night chord comes close, but it's still not right. He's missing the piano.

I guess this film explains the mysterious chord once and for all Thank you Tatters. That will probably win me a few beers tonight! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 10:47 by Silver Dagger.

Date: November 9, 2014 17:02

Aquamarine
smileys with beer

smiling bouncing smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 223

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home