Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 257
Re: Keith recording for "new solo album" in NYC
Date: July 30, 2014 15:58

proudmary
New KR album can be good or it can be awful, impossible to say now without listening to the songs. However, I find it very strange that he chose to release his solo album between the legs of the Stones tour. Who actually release a solo album in the midst of your band activity?
I realize, of course, the commercial and promotional benefits, but it's a bit disloyal, ew?
It's telling that the insider information about Richards solo and the South America leg are published almost simultaneously.I think the band can not be happy with KR' timing but what can they do now when all the contracts are signed?

You have said this before, but where does it come from?

Nobody has stated that Keith would release his solo album in the midst of Stones activity?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 30, 2014 16:43

DandelionPowderman
proudmary
New KR album can be good or it can be awful, impossible to say now without listening to the songs. However, I find it very strange that he chose to release his solo album between the legs of the Stones tour. Who actually release a solo album in the midst of your band activity?
I realize, of course, the commercial and promotional benefits, but it's a bit disloyal, ew?
It's telling that the insider information about Richards solo and the South America leg are published almost simultaneously.I think the band can not be happy with KR' timing but what can they do now when all the contracts are signed?

Nobody has stated that Keith would release his solo album in the midst of Stones activity?

I've understood it this way. Teddy hinted "it's coming" - I guess he does not mean the summer of 2015, otherwise why post it now?

Date: July 30, 2014 16:45

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary

I've understood it this way. Teddy hinted "it's coming" - I guess he does not mean the summer of 2015, otherwise why post it now?

Because it's been quiet about this album for a while? A little heads up, to make sure the project is not forgotten. At least, that's how I read Teddy - not that the album will be released in the middle of a Stones tour smiling smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 30, 2014 16:50

DandelionPowderman
proudmary

Also I thought the general concensus here was that Keith's albums are weak and don't realy compete with the Stones. Are the experts not expecting that Keith's album will disappear in the dust left behind Jagger and the Stones? Maybe the Stones are encouraging Keith to tie his release to the tour so his album could get some help from the real band.

It's not like Jagger's releasing yet another album destined for greatness which will distract people from the Stones current mediocre output. This is just some has-been guitar player's ablum that will just show how much he needs his real band to prop him up. Right? eye rolling smiley

Note for those who can't tell sarcasm when they see it: I personally belive little or nothing of what I wrote above. I'm only using MANY of the posts in the previous 14 pages of this thread as inspiration for a summary of the local "group think". I'm personally looking forward to whatever Keith may release and expect I'll be able to enjoy it on one level or another regardless of what some self-proclaimed experts at an online web forum may tell me I should do.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: July 30, 2014 16:58

thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 30, 2014 17:06

Between the Legs.....................Hahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

I can hear Keef Laughing at this, having a smoke, a glass of Vodka and ........

anyhow i dont believe a release will be this year. Think its gonna happen after the London shows in 2015.

Jeroen

Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-30 17:07 by corriecas.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 30, 2014 17:07

DandelionPowderman
I agree with a lot in your post, Doxa.

<Seemingly it is Jagger who has that sort of virtue as far as Jagger/Richards songs go. Keith Richards doesn't at all such a great song-writer in those Winos records as his reputation might imply.>

Yep, Mick has "too much" of what Keith lacks, and vice versa - hence Mick's own productions can be a bit too slick, while keith's sound too raw and unpolished.

But what Keith lacks in streamline-ness, structure or discipline, is mainly (almost) compensated by his very varied collection of songs - at least on TIC.

Some of the songs are very commercially tweaked, though: Make No Mistake, Wicked As It Seems, I Could Have Stood You Up (WHY didn't he make this one his first single - if would have hit hard!) and Demon come to mind.

If memory serves, Make No Mistake was also the first promo single that was pushed to record shops in 1988.

In North America it was definitely 'Take It So Hard'...which I loved and then 'Make No Mistake', which I loved still more.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 30, 2014 17:20

proudmary
I find it very strange that he chose to release his solo album between the legs of the Stones tour. Who actually release a solo album in the midst of your band activity?

What solo album and tour between Stones legs? That's never happened. Keith said the new album might come out this year AFTER the Stones are done touring.

Date: July 30, 2014 17:21

DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary

Because it's been quiet about this album for a while? A little heads up, to make sure the project is not forgotten. At least, that's how I read Teddy - not that the album will be released in the middle of a Stones tour smiling smiley

May be you're right and I'm wrong,DP. But Teddy comes across as a serious guy not some kind of cheerleader who warms up audience. I think he meant exactly what he said: it's coming - and it's soon not a year later.

Date: July 30, 2014 17:29

GasLightStreet
proudmary
I find it very strange that he chose to release his solo album between the legs of the Stones tour. Who actually release a solo album in the midst of your band activity?

What solo album and tour between Stones legs? That's never happened. Keith said the new album might come out this year AFTER the Stones are done touring.

Yes that's what he said. But Stones keep touring next year too. Presumably KR doesn't want to postpone the release

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 30, 2014 17:30

GasLightStreet
proudmary

Well I'm itchy for some new material, so you're right I'm sure but I could care less if it came now.

For the record, I'd also like another Superheavy album, an album of new Stones material, Sticky Super Deluxe Boxset, an MJ solo album and a boxset of all the official released live albums.

Another round of clear ABKCO vinyl for good measure as well, this time OOOH, Aftermath and TSMR (with ventricular cover!).

Date: July 30, 2014 17:42

How 'bout just a reissue of the SuperHeavy album that features a second disc of the album completely remixed instead of a new one?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 30, 2014 17:44

GasLightStreet
Keith said the new album might come out this year AFTER the Stones are done touring.

Keith said that in an interview published a year ago.

“I’ve been cutting stuff with Steve Jordan. For the last couple of years we get together and lay down tracks for a possible album.

“There’s some great stuff in the can, we’re just polishing things up and waiting for the right time to put it out. Maybe after this year with The Stones.”

MOJO, July 2013

If it's not released "between legs", and if rumor becomes fact, the album won't be out until Spring 2015. Or later... ;-)

Date: July 30, 2014 17:46

GasLightStreet
How 'bout just a reissue of the SuperHeavy album that features a second disc of the album completely remixed instead of a new one?

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhahahahahahahahhhhhhhhh
You´re the only one who wants it, i guess.

jeroen

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 30, 2014 17:53

I took Teddy's comment to mean soon as well, but I don't see the big deal. A new solo album by any of them at this point is not going to garner big sales, and I'm sure Keith is well aware of that. Nor is it what it used to be for anyone except maybe mega stars like Taylor Swift. There is a two month break between the AU/NZ tour and the rummored South American tour. If the album is released then, Keith would probably do a little publicity during the holidays, and then it would be back to the tour. I seriously doubt Mick will care, he's been busy with his own projects during this break of the tour. I imagine that, whatever Keith decides to do about the new material, he will discuss it with the Stones first.

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: July 30, 2014 18:04

mr_dja
DandelionPowderman
proudmary

Also I thought the general concensus here was that Keith's albums are weak and don't realy compete with the Stones. Are the experts not expecting that Keith's album will disappear in the dust left behind Jagger and the Stones? Maybe the Stones are encouraging Keith to tie his release to the tour so his album could get some help from the real band.

It's not like Jagger's releasing yet another album destined for greatness which will distract people from the Stones current mediocre output. This is just some has-been guitar player's ablum that will just show how much he needs his real band to prop him up. Right? eye rolling smiley

Note for those who can't tell sarcasm when they see it: I personally belive little or nothing of what I wrote above. I'm only using MANY of the posts in the previous 14 pages of this thread as inspiration for a summary of the local "group think". I'm personally looking forward to whatever Keith may release and expect I'll be able to enjoy it on one level or another regardless of what some self-proclaimed experts at an online web forum may tell me I should do.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Yes indeed, I loved anything Keith came up with!

Date: July 30, 2014 18:05

corriecas
GasLightStreet

jeroen

Not quite. I was laughing at what Treaclefingers said... "For the record, I'd also like another Superheavy album".

Date: July 30, 2014 18:06

bye bye johnny
GasLightStreet
Keith said the new album might come out this year AFTER the Stones are done touring.

“I’ve been cutting stuff with Steve Jordan. For the last couple of years we get together and lay down tracks for a possible album.

“There’s some great stuff in the can, we’re just polishing things up and waiting for the right time to put it out. Maybe after this year with The Stones.”

MOJO, July 2013

If it's not released "between legs", and if rumor becomes fact, the album won't be out until Spring 2015. Or later... ;-)

From how I took it Keith meant 14 On Fire, not a new Stones tour in 2015. So technically, ha ha, that would not be between tour legs...

Date: July 30, 2014 18:10

GasLightStreet
corriecas
GasLightStreet

jeroen

Not quite. I was laughing at what Treaclefingers said... "For the record, I'd also like another Superheavy album".

I Know gaslightstreet, just fiddling about . Who wants Superheavy shite anyway.

Bring the New Keef album on Now !!!!!!!!!!

Jeroen

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 30, 2014 18:13

GasLightStreet
bye bye johnny
GasLightStreet

MOJO, July 2013

From how I took it Keith meant 14 On Fire, not a new Stones tour in 2015. So technically, ha ha, that would not be between tour legs...

There was no '14 On Fire' at the time of that MOJO interview. Glastonbury and Hyde Park ended "this year".

Date: July 30, 2014 18:31

Ah ha ha ha ha! You're right!!! It was 2013!

Well, whatever. Keith says "this year" - when is that in Keith World?

Date: July 30, 2014 18:40

2026, like i already said.............
No,after twickenham, wembley or whatever........ New Songs from keef,,,yeah
it still bothers me a bit, why he dont get together with Jagger and write songs Now.

well, maybe Mick is not in the UK at this moment

jeroen

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 30, 2014 18:51

It's fine with a lot of folks here if Mick releases and promotes new film projects and Ronnie does his art shows between tours, but Keith is not supposed to do his thing - which is still, primarily, music. None of this stuff competes with a Stones tour...is everyone going to be clamoring for Keith to do a new solo song while the Stones are on stage? I think not.

None of them are getting any younger...they should do whatever they want to do as soon as they can get it together.

But, I am with Jeroen...I hope that Mick and Keith can still get it together to do a new Stones album, cause Time waits for No One.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 30, 2014 19:25

GasLightStreet

... or not.

Date: July 30, 2014 19:29

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary

May be you're right and I'm wrong,DP. But Teddy comes across as a serious guy not some kind of cheerleader who warms up audience. I think he meant exactly what he said: it's coming - and it's soon not a year later.

In no way would it be "cheerleader-ish" to inform the fans about activity in this project. It could mean Keith did an overdub to a song last night for what we know.

Let's not jump to (negative) conclusions without any kind of information to back it up.

PS: "It's coming" can also mean that it's finally decided that there will be an album. I'm guessing this is what Teddy meant.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 30, 2014 19:35

This would only sell limited quantities on his website imo...

Date: July 30, 2014 19:37

Brstonesfan
This would only sell limited quantities on his website imo...

That, too.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: July 30, 2014 19:50

new Keith Richards solo album?

I'll believe it when I see it!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 30, 2014 21:30

Let's not jump to (negative) conclusions without any kind of information to back it up.

Only one word wrong:

Let's not jump to (positive) conclusions without any kind of information to back it up.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 30, 2014 21:34

latebloomer
It's fine with a lot of folks here if Mick releases and promotes new film projects and Ronnie does his art shows between tours, but Keith is not supposed to do his thing - which is still, primarily, music. None of this stuff competes with a Stones tour...is everyone going to be clamoring for Keith to do a new solo song while the Stones are on stage? I think not.

None of them are getting any younger...they should do whatever they want to do as soon as they can get it together.

But, I am with Jeroen...I hope that Mick and Keith can still get it together to do a new Stones album, cause Time waits for No One.

Film & art is not recording a new album. Apart from that I think KR has lots of support on iorr and certainly not less than MJ!
And by the way I don't mind if KR, MJ, RW or CW makes an album or does some shows now and then "in between legs" of the tour...if you feel you have to do something creative you do it.
Together: long gone I'm afraid... That goes for KR or MJ fans!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home