Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request to Youtube uploaders
Posted by: thabo ()
Date: September 5, 2013 00:20

The Rolling Stones have hardly ever played any songs from Between the Buttons live, except "Yesterday's Papers" in 1967 and more recently "Connection" as a Keith song. However they did ones play "She Smiled Sweetly" (Roswell?). Some of you must have it. Can any of you Youtube uploaders please, please, load that live version of "She Smiled Sweetly" up on Youtube? That would be greatly appreciated by all those Stones fans who have a specific weak spot for 1967, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Re: Request to Youtube uploaders
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 5, 2013 00:49

Hope you will!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 5, 2013 06:59

I would also love to hear this. I hate how much they don't like Between The Buttons. Its an excellent album! Sure its alittle eccentric by their standards, but every song is great IMO. Its not as good as the classics, but I like much better than the blues standards they did early on. This was clearly an album where they were progressing, and I don't understand for the life of me why they think its "rubbish". Its what I listened to on the way to my Stones concert this year to get me pumped up!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 5, 2013 07:23

thabo
The Rolling Stones have hardly ever played any songs from Between the Buttons live, except "Yesterday's Papers" in 1967 and more recently "Connection" as a Keith song. However they did ones play "She Smiled Sweetly" (Roswell?). Some of you must have it. Can any of you Youtube uploaders please, please, load that live version of "She Smiled Sweetly" up on Youtube? That would be greatly appreciated by all those Stones fans who have a specific weak spot for 1967, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

There was a previous thread about it, but unfortunately it seems no one could find or upload any video of this song: [www.iorr.org]

According to the Brian Jones Experience on their Facebook page, "the Musicians Union banned them from miming on this show so they played She Smiled Sweetly live. Brian played organ". No video, but there are nice photographs, though.

On this forum, somebody asks for the missing Eamon Andrews feb. 1967 episode, and one user says that "a bootleg audio recording of the Stones appearance on the show allegedly exists, but I was unable to find any definitive listing".

From the above mentioned, there's this photograph:

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 5, 2013 12:12

I love that period of the Stones. Lot of those songs still sound real good today. They would be interesting live.

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: September 5, 2013 23:01

Cristiano Radtke
There was a previous thread about it, but unfortunately it seems no one could find or upload any video of this song: [www.iorr.org]

According to the Brian Jones Experience on their Facebook page, "the Musicians Union banned them from miming on this show so they played She Smiled Sweetly live. Brian played organ". No video, but there are nice photographs, though.

On this forum, somebody asks for the missing Eamon Andrews feb. 1967 episode, and one user says that "a bootleg audio recording of the Stones appearance on the show allegedly exists, but I was unable to find any definitive listing".

Thank you for that info. I always thought that the Eamon Andrews show with the Stones playing "She Smiled Sweetly", wasn't preserved, and that the Stones playing it during the 67 tour was just a rumour, there are several boots from the 67 tour (Vienna, Den Haag, Paris etc) and on all of them the Stones played the same setlist, and "She Smiled Sweetly", isn't on it, so I always disregarded them playing it during the 67 tour as jsut a rumour.

I was actually refering to the Stones playing "She Smiled Sweetly" live in the Roseland Ballroom, New York, sept 30, 2002 (Roseland and not Roswell as I mentioned in my earlier post). There is a soundboard recording of this concert because songs from that concert appear on "Dirty Licks". However "She Smiled Sweetly" is not on that album. I am sure some people here will have it. "She Smiled Sweetly" was the 6th song they played that day (between "Sweet Virginia" and "Neighbours"]. Keith said about that performance that suddenly during "She Smiled Sweetly" he experienced a flashback and felt like he was back in the studio in august 1966 when they recorded it.

I would really, really love to hear this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-05 23:02 by thabo.

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: February 3, 2015 23:29

You have probobly already find it....but anyway

[soundcloud.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 4, 2015 17:02

Thats amazing. I wish they played more of that older neglected stuff, cause it still holds up.

Date: February 4, 2015 17:09

Thanks a lot, Tops! thumbs up

Why on earth didn't they play sing song more in concert? Love Keith's back up vocals, too!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-04 17:14 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 4, 2015 18:48

DandelionPowderman
Thanks a lot, Tops! thumbs up

Why on earth didn't they play sing song more in concert? Love Keith's back up vocals, too!

yeah, thanks for that. Keith's backup vox is indeed 'sweet'.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: February 5, 2015 00:54

Along this line, i wish someone had some video of the totally different "James Brown-like" It's All Over Now from January 67. It is on several boots, but all list it from being from 22 January's Sunday Night at the Palladium.

Would love to see video of that piece from the vaults.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home