Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How did Glastonbury get leaked?
Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: September 3, 2013 19:43

hi all as the question says how did this get out? i read that someone hacked the BBC and managed to get the full stream

Re: How did Glastonbury get leaked?
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 3, 2013 19:50

Don't know that hacking was needed...I think the unencrypted live feed was intercepted by an amateur satellite enthusiast...

Date: September 3, 2013 19:52

Munichhilton
Don't know that hacking was needed...I think the unencrypted live feed was intercepted by an amateur satellite enthusiast...

ah i see makes sense i know that some satellite dishes are able to pick up feeds

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: September 3, 2013 19:58

philrock90
Munichhilton

ah i see makes sense i know that some satellite dishes are able to pick up feeds
That's right, somebody with a satellite dish found the wild feed that the BBC was using to send the whole show from the site back to their studio's in London...he also found full shows from a few other bands who only had parts of their shows broadcast.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 3, 2013 22:41

Hacking is a cryptic word that most of the time translates info clever little actions. Just being curious about how things work and wondering what happens if...

In the old days there used to be a difference between hackers and crackers...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 3, 2013 22:51

Munichhilton
I think the unencrypted live feed was intercepted by an amateur satellite enthusiast...

Yeah it's the new hot trend among music buffs : it's a bit like sucking the IEM's freq at a show (which was hot 10 or 12 years ago).

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: September 3, 2013 23:13

gwen
Hacking is a cryptic word that most of the time translates info clever little actions. Just being curious about how things work and wondering what happens if...

In the old days there used to be a difference between hackers and crackers...

That's right. And there were also prheakers, experts in modems and phone lines. They could send internet phone bills to other numbers and stuff like that.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 3, 2013 23:38

I downloaded whole show from youtube to realplayer when it was available on youtube.
Realplayer would not play it although it was in mp4 format as opposed to flv.
Not up in downloading etc. but still got the whole show on realplayer but can't see it although the timer is going and nothing on screen.
Any ideas on an easy way of getting the whole Stones show from somewhere else,just easy to do like getting stuff from youtube?
Got Internet Download Manager now and that's great. confused smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 3, 2013 23:50

Here you can find the Glastonbury full show (2h:16min) MPEG-2 Satellite feed smiling smiley

You can convert it e.g. with HandBrake and then play it on PC or Mac with the VLC-Player or on a Tablet or Smartphone if you have used the appropriate settings in HandBrake.

See here for hints for the chroma subsampling 4:2:2 if you want to play the file without converting to MP4: [www.iorr.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 08:40 by Irix.

Date: September 4, 2013 01:08

Thanks for the info Irix,but I seen that link you gave me before,but it comes up with loads of stuff you can click on,but I just haven't a clue. Just getting a whole load of links to download I don't know what.
I need something simple for my abilitys
Thanks so much Deltics,I'll take you up on that. smileys with beer

Date: September 4, 2013 08:40

@crawdaddy

For Glastonbury you have to download all the 32 parts of the ZIP-file.

On the page there are 5 different sharehosters listet; select one of them (e.g. the fastest or the most convenient) and download all the 32 parts step-by-step. After unzipping the ZIP-file, you get a 16.47 GB Transport-Stream-file 'The Rolling Stones - Glastonbury 29 June 2013.ts'. The rest depends on how you want to play the file.

Date: September 4, 2013 09:40

philrock90

hi all as the question says how did this get out? i read that someone hacked the BBC and managed to get the full stream

Munichhilton

Yes, I think the one who has recorded the Satellite feed was very familiar with this topic. Maybe he got a hint for the settings from somebody within the BBC or somewhere else, so that no hacking was needed. What makes me wonder, that the Satellite stream was not encrypted, like e.g. Sky Pay-TV. The used TBS-6922 PCIe-Card has no Common Interface (CI-Slot) for the CAM/SmartCard, so it seems that the BBC-stream was indeed not encrypted. It would be a good question, if the stream used by TV-reporters for their live coverage is generally encrypted.

The same by the way with the Newark-PPV: if you have found out the link to the file once, everybody can watch or save it. No hacking was needed here too, just looking what your browser does ..... smiling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-17 14:00 by Irix.

Date: September 4, 2013 12:00

Thanks for the info Irix.
I could see there were 5 differant lots of 32 parts. Didn't have a clue what that was all about.
Any of those 5 the best one to use?
I'll give it a go in the next few days and see how I get on.
Haven't always got internet access at the moment. smileys with beer

Date: September 4, 2013 15:40

crawdaddy

Any of those 5 the best one to use?

It's a little bit difficult to say. It depends on your Internet connection. The best way is to try it out, which one is the best for you. Try to download one of the 32 files from each Sharehoster and you will see if it's fast or convenient enough. It's the same file on all 5 Sharehosters, only mirrored (backed up if one host is offline).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 16:25 by Irix.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 4, 2013 16:01

For Anyone Who Does not know how to paste a link in to vlc media player you need to go to media
Then go to open network stream and then copy your stream link then paste it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 16:01 by Godxofxrock9.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 4, 2013 16:15

I remember reading on Dime that it got sent via a satellite on 24°...dunno if it even exists. What's weird is that raw feed was apparently in SD and the show got broadcast in HD and looked great so it must have been upscaled with expensive equipment at the BBC HQ...I suppose it's cheaper to uplink SD than HD too.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 4, 2013 16:18

gotdablouse
I remember reading on Dime that it got sent via a satellite on 24°...dunno if it even exists. What's weird is that raw feed was apparently in SD and the show got broadcast in HD and looked great so it must have been upscaled with expensive equipment at the BBC HQ...I suppose it's cheaper to uplink SD than HD too.

i'd of thought they would of just had HD cams incase future releases

Date: September 4, 2013 18:45

philrock90

i'd of thought they would of just had HD cams incase future releases

The recording to "tape" was surely done with HD cams.

But I think too, that the live transmission was only in SD because it seems that the fees for the Satellite link in SD were lower than for HD. The upscaling is no problem - every better Blu-ray player can upscale a DVD to HD .....

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: September 8, 2013 15:08

I almost found all of the songs not broadcasted on BBC on youtube.
Except for Doom And Gloom, Wild Horses, You Got The Silver and Happy...
Maybe someone could post them on youtube too confused smiley
Thanks in advance grinning smiley

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 17, 2013 12:00

Irix
Here you can find the Glastonbury full show (2h:16min) MPEG-2 Satellite feed smiling smiley

You can convert it e.g. with HandBrake and then play it on PC or Mac with the VLC-Player or on a Tablet or Smartphone if you have used the appropriate settings in HandBrake.

See here for hints for the chroma subsampling 4:2:2 if you want to play the file without converting to MP4: [www.iorr.org]

Thank you so much for these Irix, i've been able to follow your instructions and i've watched the show 3 times already.

IT IS AMAZING, without doubt in my top 5 filmed Stones gig's.

Cheers

Date: September 17, 2013 13:55

SKILLS

Thank you so much for these Irix, i've been able to follow your instructions and i've watched the show 3 times already. IT IS AMAZING, without doubt in my top 5 filmed Stones gig's.

Cool ..... thumbs up

Nothing to thank, I'm glad I was able to help.

Don't tell it Mick - we have to buy his official DVD yet winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1592
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home