Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: the topless girls on stage in Paris 1970
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 3, 2013 21:32

gotdablouse
gotdablouse
Mathijs
Same for outtakes: Love Potion, Godzi etc are all available, as is a slew of dozen and dozens of outtakes dating from the 1977 to 1983 period, with Can't Find Love and Eliza and whatever. Rarer than rare 10 years ago, now available if you know where to find it.

What, where is that stuff available ?!

Mathijs it seems you missed my previous post, can you clarify what you mean by "availability" of these outtakes? If it's sensitive info feel free to use my email (visible in the forum), thanks!

There's still a decent amount of outtakes and shows available in tape trading circles which to date aren't bootlegged. For example, Jimmy Miller made tapes for friends when he lived in London in the early 90's, and not all stuff has been released (like Rip Tis Joint with Richards on vocals). There's quite a large amount of tapes from 1977 to 1982 material that has not been bootlegged. Check Nico Zentgraf's website and Swartzbuch: when he states 'unverified' or when he lists a timing and then either 'unverified' or 'unconfirmed' it means it is available in tape trading circles.

Mathijs

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: September 3, 2013 22:30

Mathijs
Check Nico Zentgraf's website and Swartzbuch: when he states 'unverified' or when he lists a timing and then either 'unverified' or 'unconfirmed' it means it is available in tape trading circles.

Mathijs

concerning NZ database, I can be wrong, but :

I think "unconfirmed" means "probable track listing, but nothing is sure".

I think "unverified" means "tracklistink is confirmed, but I do not have a tape to be 100 sure".

I DO NOT think "unverified" or "unconfirmed" means : it exist in collector's circles.

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: September 3, 2013 22:38

VideoJames, if you have the NME 1968 Rolling Stones performance, and you only want to share it in return for something you do not have yet. Than, don't you think it might be more effective if you would publish let's 45 sec. of it on Youtube (for example) with a subtle message that if anyone is interrested in getting a copy of the whole 6 min (or 8 min or whatever) performance of the Stones NME 68, they need to contact you to get to some agreement? I would expect that will actually lead you to something more tangible and a win win situation for both, than just telling something without showing a teaser. You might be quite pleasantly suprised as to whom will contact you in that case and what you will be offered.

Date: September 3, 2013 23:35

LiveAtHidepark
Mathijs
Check Nico Zentgraf's website and Swartzbuch: when he states 'unverified' or when he lists a timing and then either 'unverified' or 'unconfirmed' it means it is available in tape trading circles.

Mathijs

I think "unverified" means "tracklistink is confirmed, but I do not have a tape to be 100 sure".

I DO NOT think "unverified" or "unconfirmed" means : it exist in collector's circles.

You can be assured 'unverified' means 'available'.

Mathijs

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: September 4, 2013 02:24

Mathijs
LiveAtHidepark
Mathijs

Mathijs

Mathijs

True, in most cases, but what about the ones mentioned below?

680628A 28th June: London, Olympic Sound Studios. Producer: Jimmy Miller.
Sound engineer: Glyn Johns.
- Family II (MJ/KR) -Nicky Hopkins on piano; early version of III, lacking
percussion and bass
- Family III (MJ/KR) -Nicky Hopkins on piano, Jimmy Miller on percussion;
Metamorphosis-version
- Power Cut (MJ/KR) -unverified
- Thief For The Blues (MJ/KR) -unverified
- Too Far To Walk (MJ/KR) -unverified

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 4, 2013 03:47

I love reading about these rareties..
I personally don't have a problem with traders like VideoJames spruiking their collection.
I'm guessing VJ has either paid alot of money for his "gems" or been traded to by a friend who has told him to keep it to himself, or perhaps it's years of hard work.
I don't understand why people go on about "put it on Traders Den for free"..etc.. especially since a trader may well have paid alot of money for the item.
If I paid $$ for an item I wouldn't be giving it away to other people, who I don't know, for free....

What I would like to know more of is what his collection comprises of ?
He has mentioned an Altamont private movie ?
Plus other bits and pieces.
i personally would simply like to know "what is out there" out of interest's sake.

ER

Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: September 4, 2013 04:20

As to 25X5 not on DVD, I can't confirm for sure but my best guess is that when securing the rights it was done for TV/Theatrical & Video. DVD may not have been included. So to put it out now you would have to re-negotiate
the rights to many of the clips for DVD release. This might not make it very profitable to the rights owners of 25X5. It would be nice to see it on DVD, my best bet would to find a new copy on VHS and transfer it to DVD yourself.
If you see new contracts today they have a quote of "any device now known or ever devised in the entire universe forever" something you should try to avoid if you are making a deal. Watch out for the words "in perpetuity" which is a sneaky way of saying forever, you will see that alot in contracts. I believe the Canadian broadcast of 25X5 and maybe the UK broadcast also ran 25 minutes longer then the USA airing. So try to find that one to copy. Hope that helps.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 4, 2013 04:25

Thanks!smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: September 4, 2013 04:31

Video James,

I understand what you are saying, and I back your decision to keep stuff private 100%. I have heard of your completely private items for many years through a mutual close friend. I'd love to correspond privately with you about it.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: September 4, 2013 04:36

Elanor Rigby
I'm guessing VJ has either paid alot of money for his "gems" or been traded to by a friend who has told him to keep it to himself, or perhaps it's years of hard work

If its the Video James (I wouldn't be surprised--never a dull moment here on IORR), the circumstances of the tape trades themselves is even more fascinating to me than some NME Poll Winners footage. And what do you, VJ, think about Bill German's depiction of your role inside the Stones orbit?

Date: September 4, 2013 06:21

How does one change the "RE:" title; as I would like to change the title of "Topless Girls" to the subject I want to talk about. I tried typing in a new topic but it popped the original title in the "RE"after I hit post message. Any help would be great, thanks. I will try and un-check "Follow this thread" and see what pops up, maybe that's all I needed to do?

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 4, 2013 06:37

i think the original poster has the power ?
alternatively, just post a new thread....and start fresh smiling smiley

Date: September 4, 2013 06:59

Eleanor Rigby
i think the original poster has the power ?
alternatively, just post a new thread....and start fresh smiling smiley

Thanks, I also agree in what say.

Date: September 4, 2013 10:11

25 by 5 has not been released on DVD bcause it was a project to boost interest in their comeback in 1989. It would not make any sense releasing that now. It's basically replaced by Crossfire Hurricane. It's not about the rights, most footage is free of publishing rights, or has been secured.

Mathijs

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 4, 2013 10:21

But the film 25X5, once shown in full on YouTube, has been taken down because of copyright violations. Currently, only a couple of snippets remain.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: September 4, 2013 11:04

Mathijs
LiveAtHidepark
Mathijs

Mathijs

Mathijs
It should be easier and clearer to call these outtakes "only circulating in a private area".
We all know that parts of gems are still on tapes of private collectors.
Less than in the past I know. I think you are in good position, assuring yourself that "unconfirmed = available".

Date: September 4, 2013 11:08

stonehearted
But the film 25X5, once shown in full on YouTube, has been taken down because of copyright violations. Currently, only a couple of snippets remain.

Of course, the publishing rights of the documentary are with ABKCO and Promopub.

Mathijs

Date: September 4, 2013 11:13

Mathijs
25 by 5 has not been released on DVD bcause it was a project to boost interest in their comeback in 1989. It would not make any sense releasing that now. It's basically replaced by Crossfire Hurricane. It's not about the rights, most footage is free of publishing rights, or has been secured.

Mathijs

You are correct,the whole purpose of making 25X5 was to promote the Stones upcoming 1989 US tour. But I have agreements for footage sales and DVD rights distrubution was not listed. So they still would have to negotiate for some of the footage, but because the tickets sales were so great (and why not) they didn't need to re-distribute it. Also as we all know Jagger always looks forward so once 25X 5 got old,(say two years later), his intrest faded on re isssuing it. I wish they would put out with more stuff not used. I'll ask the producer.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 4, 2013 11:31

Mathijs

I asked you 20 years ago to show one snippet of prove you indeed had the NME 68 concert, the 1970 shows, the Let it Rock/Soul Survivor coda of San Fran 72 (which never happened), the 1982 shows, and whatever more

Mathijs

Iirc there was also the shot-on-video 1978 tour rehearsals...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 4, 2013 14:32

stonesstein
I'd love to correspond privately with you about it. [...] Make you sweat, make you scream, make you wish you'd never been

...Is that last sentence (your signature quote meant to sound motivational?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 4, 2013 16:05

Mathijs
gotdablouse
gotdablouse
Mathijs
Same for outtakes: Love Potion, Godzi etc are all available, as is a slew of dozen and dozens of outtakes dating from the 1977 to 1983 period, with Can't Find Love and Eliza and whatever. Rarer than rare 10 years ago, now available if you know where to find it.

Mathijs it seems you missed my previous post, can you clarify what you mean by "availability" of these outtakes? If it's sensitive info feel free to use my email (visible in the forum), thanks!

There's still a decent amount of outtakes and shows available in tape trading circles which to date aren't bootlegged. For example, Jimmy Miller made tapes for friends when he lived in London in the early 90's, and not all stuff has been released (like Rip Tis Joint with Richards on vocals). There's quite a large amount of tapes from 1977 to 1982 material that has not been bootlegged. Check Nico Zentgraf's website and Swartzbuch: when he states 'unverified' or when he lists a timing and then either 'unverified' or 'unconfirmed' it means it is available in tape trading circles.

Mathijs

If there's a timing, sure, it's available (like on Martin Elliot's sample 1982 list), but I'm not sure about "unverified" like in the example Vocalion (anything to do with BN, SB or WB ?) gives above...

My question was more about stuff like Godzi that you say is now available digitally if you know where to look...frankly I don't see where that could be, because if it was availabe for download someone here would have certainly spotted it and shared the link. Look how long it took for stuff like the SW outtakes to spread in August 2006 as soon as they became available, it was instantaneous...and then you bad guys saying "oh but I've had this stuff for several years already...anyway I'm sure everyone here will be impressed if you tell us where Godzi is waiting for us ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 4, 2013 16:06

gotdablouse

VideoJames
Now i'm going to listen to the Stones do Pretty Thing, Love Potion # 9, Try Me,Godzi,Over You and many more songs. Oh! wAIT, I guess I need to send you send you a sample to prove I have it or it exist

I've been wondering since 1997 if you'd actually heard all the unknown outtakes you mention in IORR or whether the titles came from session logs or boxes? Reason I'm asking is that while you make comments on some unreleased songs, there are none on unknown songs...or was it an agreement/self-censorship along the lines of "you can mention the stuff you came across while doing archival work for us but not discuss it"? Some examples :
- 1969 : Pennies from Heaven, French Gig, Toss the Coin, The Vulture
- 1970 : Travelling Tiger, Rock It, As Now, Candlewick Bedspread
etc...

Videojames ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 16:07 by gotdablouse.

Date: September 4, 2013 17:27

gotdablouse
Mathijs
gotdablouse
gotdablouse
Mathijs

Mathijs

If there's a timing, sure, it's available (like on Martin Elliot's sample 1982 list), but I'm not sure about "unverified" like in the example Vocalion (anything to do with BN, SB or WB ?) gives above...

My question was more about stuff like Godzi that you say is now available digitally if you know where to look...frankly I don't see where that could be, because if it was availabe for download someone here would have certainly spotted it and shared the link. Look how long it took for stuff like the SW outtakes to spread in August 2006 as soon as they became available, it was instantaneous...and then you bad guys saying "oh but I've had this stuff for several years already...anyway I'm sure everyone here will be impressed if you tell us where Godzi is waiting for us ;-)

What I meant was that since the digital age just about anything is available. In the old days (say '80's) you either bought vinyl boots, or you made tape copies. This meant that, for example, many traders had about 15 tapes of Some Girls outtakes that wheren't available on any bootleg release. These tapes have just about all been released on CD by now, and are available for download.

Still, not all has been released, and remain with a small circle of traders. The main reason for it not being released is that these tapes have value for trades. If you want to have Godzi, or Eliza Upchink or whatever, probably the only way to get it is to trade it against a valuable tape that has not circulated. If you have something like Paradiso 95 in perfect soundboard quality there are people to contact...

Mathijs

Date: September 4, 2013 20:44

I see, makes sense although it kinda sucks, cause it means that a lot of stuff will stay locked up forever...or until a kind selfless soul like Chuch Magee's wife comes along and shares unknown stuff.

How about the 52' Bondy public rehearsal, does that have any value?

--------------

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: September 4, 2013 20:50

gotdablouse
How about the 52' Bondy public rehearsal, does that have any value?

Yes, until it is torrented.

Re: Pennies From Heaven-outtake
Date: September 4, 2013 22:01

I've been wondering since 1997 if you'd actually heard all the unknown outtakes you mention in IORR or whether the titles came from session logs or boxes? Reason I'm asking is that while you make comments on some unreleased songs, there are none on unknown songs...or was it an agreement/self-censorship along the lines of "you can mention the stuff you came across while doing archival work for us but not discuss it"? Some examples :
- 1969 : Pennies from Heaven, French Gig, Toss the Coin, The Vulture
- 1970 : Travelling Tiger, Rock It, As Now, Candlewick Bedspread
etc...[/quote]

Videojames ?[/quote]

These particular tracks for the most part I do not have. I've seen some of these titles from log sheets. Others Jagger has mentioned himself in interviews. I'm still looking for them. On these tracks I have no agreements with anyone. I would hope some one would see it one day and say I have it and maybe at the least describe the track. I believe some of these tracks are working titles to later released songs. Or a song like "Good Time Women" that later became "Dice".

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: September 4, 2013 23:03

stonesstein
I understand what you are saying, and I back your decision to keep stuff private 100%.

I for one thing don't understand it from a Stones fan point of view. When i got hold of the Paris 67 show (it was not released on boot at that time, but only available on casstte) I immediatly copied it for any one I knew, free of charge. Because for me as a Stones fan I wanted all the other people who loved the Stones to get the oppertunity to hear the Stones as they sounded in that year of psychedelic music, and ofcourse the last tour with Brian. And if I could get my hands on NME 68 I would do the same, even if I had to pay a large sum for it myself. Because this stuff is meant for people to see listen to and enjoy.

However from a business point of view, it might well be that if a "trader" did this with "valuable archive" material other "traders" won't want to do business with you anymore because by putting those "valuable archive" material out in the open for free, you may destroy the business for other traders who want to keep that particulair martial exclusive for trading purposes. But, hell, I don't like that attitude personaly. Greed is the sickness of the world (no offence intended). Anyway, do you want to take that stuff with you into your grave if need be? What a waste!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 23:06 by thabo.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: September 4, 2013 23:10

thabo
stonesstein
I understand what you are saying, and I back your decision to keep stuff private 100%.

I for one thing don't understand it from a Stones fan point of view. When i got hold of the Paris 67 show (it was not released on boot at that time, but only available on casstte) I immediatly copied it for any one I knew, free of charge. Because for me as a Stones fan I wanted all the other people who loved the Stones to get the oppertunity to hear the Stones as they sounded in that year of psychedelic music, and ofcourse the last tour with Brian. And if I could get my hands on NME 68 I would do the same, even if I had to pay a large sum for it myself. Because this stuff is meant for people to see listen to and enjoy.

However from a business point of view, it might well be that if a "trader" did this with "valuable archive" material other "traders" won't want to do business with you anymore because by putting those "valuable archive" material out in the open for free, you may destroy the business for other traders who want to keep that particulair martial exclusive for trading purposes. But, hell, I don't like that attitude personaly. Greed is the sickness of the world (no offence intended). Anyway, do you want to take that stuff with you into your grave if need be? What a waste!

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: September 5, 2013 01:52

Again, it's about one's right to share or not to share. I would hope that all would share, but it is a matter of personal choice, isn't it?

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 5, 2013 07:46

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-27 04:01 by schillid.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2444
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home