Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12
'Get On Up'
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 19, 2014 00:27

UK promo poster. Film opens there September 26.

[www.getonupmovie.co.uk]

Re: Mick: 'Get On Up' film & HBO TV series
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 19, 2014 00:36

You're right, Bloomer. It just felt good saying that and USA in the same context. I will take it away since I know some will react to it. It was a people's revolution though, like the French one. With a successful ending.

Date: July 19, 2014 01:49

They softened up his music somehow. It's all too...even. What was funky has become perky.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 19, 2014 02:42

I know that Matt really likes Mick and yes, it ( the L'Wren death) had to be dealt with and it was perfectly handled. The rest of the interview was really well done too, can't wait to see this movie. They showed clips of Mick doing James Brown moves but they didn't show enough of that video because as I recall, Mick jumps into the air and lands doing the splitz.( sp) He copped a few of James' moves! As Mick said though, because he couldn't do it all exactly like Brown, he had to make the moves his own.

Re: 'Get On Up'
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 19, 2014 04:16

bye bye johnny
With Jill Scott, who plays JB's second wife Dee Dee, July 17 in NY.

My work day. : )

[twitter.com]

That was handled as well as it could and I liked how Mick quickly steered the subject back to the film. That's Mick, he's private about personal things and I respect him for that.
On another note, I didn't know Jill Scott was in the movie..
I freaking love Jill Scott!!

'Get On Up'
Date: July 19, 2014 14:54

Watch Mick Jagger’s extended interview with Matt Lauer

See Matt Lauer’s full-length interview with Mick Jagger and the stars of the new James Brown biographical movie “Get On Up,” which heads to theaters Aug. 1.

Full interview > [www.today.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-19 15:22 by bye bye johnny.

Date: July 19, 2014 15:19

Can't see it. Maybe it's restricted to US viewers? NBC clips often are.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 19, 2014 15:32

Here's a short clip from youtube of the L'Wren question:

Date: July 19, 2014 15:41

Thanks Bloomer, but that one was already viewable. It's the extended inteview with Mick Jagger I can't watch.

Date: July 19, 2014 16:00

Ah, got you, stoneage. Doubtful that NBC will approve that release.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 19, 2014 17:24

latebloomer
Stoneage
Yes, you did, Bloomer. One of few communist revolutions which was successful. More so than the French one which ended in the Reign of Terror...

I'm gonna ignore your political provocations there, because you are, after all, from the stoneage...winking smiley

But, I will tell you that we actually have a clause in our constitution that forbids the granting of titles, and our Senate once tried to get an amendment to the constitution that would strip anyone of their citizenship if they accepted a title from a foreign country. There was a lot of debate over what to call George Washington as our first president before they finally settled on Mr. President.

To bring this back, we do have a King of Pop, The King of Rock and Roll, and Mr. James Brown is Soul Brother Number One, which is almost the same as a king. cool smiley

I'm getting confused now, I thought James Brown was the Godfather and Hardest Working Man in Show Business?

Although I won't dispute he is in fact soul brother number one, I just didn't know that was an actual title.

Date: July 19, 2014 17:47

treaclefingers
latebloomer
Stoneage
Yes, you did, Bloomer. One of few communist revolutions which was successful. More so than the French one which ended in the Reign of Terror...

I'm gonna ignore your political provocations there, because you are, after all, from the stoneage...winking smiley

But, I will tell you that we actually have a clause in our constitution that forbids the granting of titles, and our Senate once tried to get an amendment to the constitution that would strip anyone of their citizenship if they accepted a title from a foreign country. There was a lot of debate over what to call George Washington as our first president before they finally settled on Mr. President.

To bring this back, we do have a King of Pop, The King of Rock and Roll, and Mr. James Brown is Soul Brother Number One, which is almost the same as a king. cool smiley

I'm getting confused now, I thought James Brown was the Godfather and Hardest Working Man in Show Business?

Although I won't dispute he is in fact soul brother number one, I just didn't know that was an actual title.

Like Prince Philip, James Brown held multiple titles. Keep up, treacles. cool smiley

'Get On Up'
Date: July 19, 2014 18:26

JB's longtime emcee Danny Ray used a host of nicknames during his "Star Time" intro - "The World's Greatest Entertainer, Mr. Dynamite, Soul Brother Number One, Sex Machine, the Amazing Mr. Please Please himself, The Hardest Working Man In Show Business. . . . Ladies and gentlemen, the star of the show - JAMES BROWN!!!"

'Soul Brother No. 1' was even the title of a British documentary.

[youtu.be]

Mick talks about his loss L'Wren and James Brown Biopic.
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 19, 2014 03:48

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 19, 2014 21:20

bye bye johnny
Watch Mick Jagger’s extended interview with Matt Lauer

See Matt Lauer’s full-length interview with Mick Jagger and the stars of the new James Brown biographical movie “Get On Up,” which heads to theaters Aug. 1.

Full interview > [www.today.com]

Works perfectly well for me (I'm not US resident). Cool 28 min. of interview

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 19, 2014 21:24

Oscar winner??

'Get On Up'
Date: July 19, 2014 21:31

Film's been generating industry buzz for months:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 19, 2014 21:34

Gooo
Oscar winner??

Dunno about Oscar but Mick has so many great stories to tell and with his peculiar very dry sense of humor. It's a pity that he's determined to never to write a book

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: July 19, 2014 21:49

Disclaimer: I am a huge fan of James Brown, Chuck Berry, Mick Jagger, and Keith Richards

This is just great.....the trailer looks fantastic.
I enjoyed the extended interview (thanks for posting).....I'd never heard that Mick Jagger attended a James Brown show at the Apollo with his buddy Ahmet and actually joined James Brown on-stage sometime in the early to mid-70's and performed a song with him.....now there's some scoop.

Mick Jagger is a huge James Brown fan and he has a hand in the production of a James Brown film.
Keith Richards is a huge Chuck Berry fan and he helped produce a Chuck Berry documentary

Perfect.

Posted by: LouisianaSwamp ()
Date: July 20, 2014 01:18

The American show-biz news show Extra said Mick will be on Monday's show.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 20, 2014 01:59

Stoneage
Can't see it. Maybe it's restricted to US viewers? NBC clips often are.

Give it another try. It did not work for me first time round either but they may have changed something because it's now half a day or so later and it works just fine.

'Get On Up'
Date: July 20, 2014 02:42

stupidguy2
On another note, I didn't know Jill Scott was in the movie..
I freaking love Jill Scott!!

[www.facebook.com]

'Get On Up'
Date: July 21, 2014 17:33

Producers Guild Of America screening, July 18 in New York.

Ron Asadorian

_____

Mick talks about seeing James Brown at the Apollo Theater - [www.dailymotion.com]

Same interview, unedited, and from another perspective - [youtu.be]

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 21, 2014 20:59

treaclefingers
latebloomer
Stoneage

They had a meeting about it with Ahmet: JB: "ok motherf.cker if you with your skinny white a.s is The Best Frontman in Show Business WTF am I huh??"
MJ: "Lemme see Jaybee...Keith watcha think man?...uh...Mr. Dynamite, Soul Brother Number One, Sex Machine and ah okay "The World's Greatest Entertainer" thatokay Jaybee"?
"Yeah, I gotcha you now! And you're gonna say you joined my class to study my moves...you hear me?"

'Get On Up'
Date: July 21, 2014 21:15

Not exactly. Listen to "Live At The Apollo". He had those nicknames before he'd ever met the Stones.

[youtu.be]

Date: July 21, 2014 22:46

bye bye johnny
Not exactly. Listen to "Live At The Apollo". He had those nicknames before he'd ever met the Stones.

[youtu.be]

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

'Get On Up'
Date: July 21, 2014 23:17

'Get On Up' premiere, July 21
Date: July 21, 2014 23:48

At the Harlem @ApolloTheater. Looking forward to tonight's premiere! #GetOnUp

[twitter.com]

Date: July 22, 2014 02:23

Nice pic! Although he did look a bit tired in the interview with ML.
The man keeps amazing me.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 22, 2014 02:43

tired .....Ya reckon ... I thought he looked alert and switched right on ...

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home