Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12
Re: Mick: 'Get On Up' film & HBO TV series
Posted by: alieb ()
Date: August 21, 2014 09:44

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: August 31, 2014 06:54

Saw Get On Up today. Loved it. It was moving for me.

He's nobody's man,
No one can have him,
No one can possess him,

He belongs to the stage,
At any age,
Now he's Jesus' man.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 1, 2014 19:28

Any of our French friends on here going to be in Deauville for the French red carpet event?!

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Mick Jagger to attend Deauville for French Premiere of 'Get On Up' - 12th September
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 4, 2014 00:00

The film festival will roll out the red carpet for the Rolling Stone

Mick Jagger is bringing his moves to Deauville. He'll add a bit of rock ‘n’ roll swagger to the red carpet for the French premiere of the James Brown biopic Get On Up, which he co-produced.

Brian Grazer, who also co-produced the film and is being given a career honor by the festival, star Chadwick Boseman and director Tate Taylor will accompany the Rolling Stones singer.

Get On Up, which has just been announced as the opening film at the Zurich Film Festival, is screening out of competition here in the official selection at the French film festival that focuses on American films.

Jagger joins Jessica Chastain and Will Ferrell on the list of luminaries scheduled to attend the 40th anniversary of the festival. Chastain, Ferrell and Grazer will each receive career tributes throughout the week.

Get On Up will screen Sept. 12 at the festival, which runs Sept. 5-14.

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-04 00:02 by proudmary.

Re: Mick Jagger to attend Deauville for French Premiere of 'Get On Up' - 12th September
Date: September 4, 2014 00:04

Mick will be attending the French premiere of Get On Up next Friday 12th September, at Festival du Cinéma Américain de Deauville (page officielle)

[www.mickjagger.com]
[www.facebook.com]

Re: Mick Jagger to attend Deauville for French Premiere of 'Get On Up' - 12th September
Date: September 4, 2014 00:06

Deauville 2014: Mick Jagger will ignite the red carpet
[www.lefigaro.fr]

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 4, 2014 15:29

Found this link which has some interesting info about how the movie is doing sales-wise. Although it only currently has numbers for USA (I'm not sure if the movie has been released worldwide yet) if it's accurate, it looks like it's about to break even. $29,860,435 in 33 days against a reported budget of $30 million.

Who knows, one of these days I might even see it myself.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 4, 2014 20:58

OK, I see the thread about Mick's appearance at the festival was hidden here. Again.
There is now a sticky about new KR book and the separate thread about his upcoming interview at Tonight where he will promote the same book, obviously. That's great.
But every Mick' interview in recent months including at Today - his first public appearance since L'Wren death - bv immediately put in this big Jagger movies thread, which by the way never was sticky.
Somebody can explain why is that?

Date: September 5, 2014 15:19

HBO to air documentary on 'Mr. Dynamite' James Brown

HBO has acquired the rights to a documentary about the Godfather of Soul.
“Mr. Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown,” which airs Monday, Oct. 27, at 9 p.m. ET/PT, was made in cooperation with the Brown estate to feature never-before-seen footage, interviews, and photographs of the It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World singer. The two-hour feature is directed by Oscar winner Alex Gibney (Taxi to the Dark Side) and produced by Mick Jagger.

“We had full access to amazing never-before-seen photos and video from James Brown’s estate, which Alex Gibney used brilliantly to tell the story of James’ career from its inception through its pinnacle,” Jagger said in a statement to EW. “We spoke with the extraordinary people who knew James well and worked alongside him throughout his career. By hearing their fascinating stories and memories, we were able to paint the full picture of James as both a musical artist and social activist, whose legacy and impact on the music industry is ever-present.”

Mr. Dynamite will document Brown’s rise to fame from his 1956 hit “Please, Please, Please” and will feature interviews with Questlove, Chuck D, Rev. Al Sharpton, Maceo Parker, Clyde Stubblefield, Melvin Parker, Alfred “Pee Wee” Ellis, Martha High, Bootsy Collins, Fred Wesley, and more.

“When Mick Jagger reached out to me to direct the documentary, we had a common goal in mind, to take the music of James Brown and put it into a larger historical context,” Gibney said. “As a musician, ‘Mr. Dynamite’ was the essential funk pioneer, a hugely influential figure and one of the greatest live performers – ever. Beyond his music, Brown’s cultural impact extends to the present day. Mick and his producing partner, Victoria Pearman, along with Peter Afterman from Inaudible and Blair Foster from Jigsaw, were wonderfully supportive and creative producers. We couldn’t be in better hands than with our friends at HBO.”

[insidetv.ew.com]

Mick Jagger in Deauville
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: September 5, 2014 10:27

Mick Jagger will introduce the movie "Get On Up" dedicated to James Brown in Deauville for the 40th edition of the American cinema festival on the 12th of September.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-05 10:36 by jpasc95.

Date: September 5, 2014 16:53

proudmary
OK, I see the thread about Mick's appearance at the festival was hidden here. Again.
There is now a sticky about new KR book and the separate thread about his upcoming interview at Tonight where he will promote the same book, obviously. That's great.
But every Mick' interview in recent months including at Today - his first public appearance since L'Wren death - bv immediately put in this big Jagger movies thread, which by the way never was sticky.
Somebody can explain why is that?

Hey PM - thanks for collating all of this and keeping this thread on "Music Movies and Jagger" going. I guess it is not a "sticky' because it is not real and earthy and heartfelt about tales of yore, grandkids, cookbooks and recipes....

Maybe the day Jagger discusses linens and duvet covers and curtains, you will see a sticky..winking smiley

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: September 11, 2014 00:47

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 11, 2014 16:49

[kiosque.leditiondusoir.fr]

Jagger in Normandy in 1986

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: September 11, 2014 23:12

'Get On Up' premiere - Deauville France, September 12
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 12, 2014 20:05

With co-producer Brian Grazer:

Jacques Brinon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-12 20:17 by bye bye johnny.

Date: September 12, 2014 20:19

With co-producer Brian Grazer, actor Chadwick Boseman and director Tate Taylor:

Jacques Brinon

Re: 'Get On Up' premiere - Deauville France, September 12
Date: September 12, 2014 20:31

I never thought I'd see the day where Mick was outdone in the wardrobe department but Grazer seems to have won this round of "I can wear louder tennies than you can".

I wonder if Mick thought to ask Chadwick if Keith could borrow his jacket for the next leg of the tour.

Can y'all tell that I'd be far more comfortable dressed like Tate Taylor than any of the other three? In fact, although I'm sure his is far nicer and more expensive than mine, I'm pretty sure I've got that outfit hanging in my closet right now.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 12, 2014 22:31

At the Deauville American Film Festival for the French premiere of Get On Up with Chadwick Boseman!

[www.facebook.com]

'Get On Up'
Date: September 13, 2014 06:02

Nice interview with Olivier Nuc of Le Figaro.

[video.lefigaro.fr]

Date: September 13, 2014 15:33

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 13, 2014 15:51

mr_dja
I never thought I'd see the day where Mick was outdone in the wardrobe department but Grazer seems to have won this round of "I can wear louder tennies than you can".

I wonder if Mick thought to ask Chadwick if Keith could borrow his jacket for the next leg of the tour.

Can y'all tell that I'd be far more comfortable dressed like Tate Taylor than any of the other three? In fact, although I'm sure his is far nicer and more expensive than mine, I'm pretty sure I've got that outfit hanging in my closet right now.

Peace,
Mr DJA

you mean a shirt and trousers? I may have that too.

'Get On Up'
Date: September 14, 2014 19:17

Argentina's Diario Popular has published an interview conducted a few weeks ago in New York. Pretty much the same as the others, save for the proof of life-ish photo. ;-)

Jagger to People's Daily: "I really do not know when I'll stop"

'Get On Up'
Date: September 14, 2014 23:20

Special screening of 'Get On Up' - Ham Yard Hotel London, September 14

John Phillips

'Get On Up'
Date: September 14, 2014 23:28

Special screening of 'Get On Up' - Ham Yard Hotel London, September 14

Dave M. Benett/WireImage

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: September 15, 2014 00:55

video: [www.youtube.com] From the Deauville screening. Love how Mick uses his phone to capture the crowd- as a young person i always find it amusing how youthful he is in this way.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: September 15, 2014 01:49

Nice to see Bill there, looks like there isn't so much bad blood after all

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: September 15, 2014 16:14

The film will be released in France next September 24. I saw it at Universal Pictures on August 26. A very good movie but it won't be as successful as "Ray" (1.6 million people). Let's hope the french movie theaters will have a great sound system !

For now there was 2 cover-stories :

YM

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 15, 2014 17:40

Look How Big Gabriel is. He is on the left side. I thought he was 5 years old!!eye popping smiley

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-15 17:45 by tumbled.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 16, 2014 22:08

Interview of Mick Jagger for Telerama (in French!)

[www.telerama.fr]

video: [www.dailymotion.com]

Date: September 16, 2014 23:04

treaclefingers
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

you mean a shirt and trousers? I may have that too.

More specifically a black shirt and charcoal gray trousers. I've got a suit or two hanging in there as well but they sure don't look like Mick's. Pretty sure that my stylist wouldn't give me the same response for trying to wear a purple suit and multi-color tennies at the same time as Mick's gave him!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2183
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home