Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Did Jagger ever apologize?
Posted by: MitchSeaGull ()
Date: August 18, 2013 16:52

I happened to catch the Some Girls concert video on VH1 last night. They only played had a few songs I hadn't seen in concert before. Beast of Burden was good as was Miss You. Ron Wood was playing pretty good with Keith, they seem to like each other a lot, Mick Taylor was always an "outsider".

I found out that Mick Jagger wore a Nazi Swastika tee shirt during the concert and it was blurred out by the video editors. What the heck was he thinking of? Dumb!

Did he ever apologize to his fans?

Re: Did Jagger ever apologize?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 18, 2013 17:08

Just to the dimwits who missed out the word 'DESTROY' and therefore the entire point of the gesture. eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 17:10 by Gazza.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 18, 2013 17:08

MitchSeaGull
I happened to catch the Some Girls concert video on VH1 last night. They only played had a few songs I hadn't seen in concert before. Beast of Burden was good as was Miss You. Ron Wood was playing pretty good with Keith, they seem to like each other a lot, Mick Taylor was always an "outsider".

I found out that Mick Jagger wore a Nazi Swastika tee shirt during the concert and it was blurred out by the video editors. What the heck was he thinking of? Dumb!

If you play the punk game, play it right.

And look closely...

Destroy...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 17:33 by TooTough.

Date: August 18, 2013 17:10

Why did he decide to blur it out then? Too much of a controversy he deliberately created?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 18, 2013 17:19

That was VH1's decision, not Jagger's. It's not retouched on the DVD.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 18, 2013 17:35

bye bye johnny
That was VH1's decision, not Jagger's. It's not retouched on the DVD.

They must have figured there were too many stupid people that wouldn't get it, and would want them to apologize for airing it.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: August 18, 2013 17:51

MitchSeaGull
Why did he decide to blur it out then? Too much of a controversy he deliberately created?

You are trying really trying to pin the anti-semite card on Jagger. Why don't you show your Rabbi the WHOLE shirt with the pictures posted above and lets see what he says.

Date: August 18, 2013 17:57

LOL. You sound like a true anti-Semite.

I just thought Jagger used poor judgement. So did VH-1.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: August 18, 2013 18:11

MitchSeaGull
LOL. You sound like a true anti-Semite.

I just thought Jagger used poor judgement. So did VH-1.

Look "Stelth" poster, you are still ignoring the shirt said "Destroy". I stand by what I said. Furthermore you posted that "Swastikas are so cool" so is this a situation of "it takes an anti-semite to know an anti-semite?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 18, 2013 20:11

The fact that anybody stupid enough to connect those tshirts, which were a punk cliche, to anti-semitism has the brains to operate a keyboard and post a message is astonishing (written by a jew who remembers 78).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 18, 2013 20:13

Rokyfan
The fact that anybody stupid enough to connect those tshirts, which were a punk cliche, to anti-semitism has the brains to operate a keyboard and post a message is astonishing (written by a jew who remembers 78).

thumbs up

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 18, 2013 20:28

Let's get this clear. The punks used the swastika - primarily the Pistols and Siouxsie Sioux who dressed in Nazi regalia - as an obnoxious symbol that would piss off society. The t-shirt did not say 'Destroy Nazism'...it was sheer anti-social behaviour to get up people's noses. That what punk was about - if you could piss off the establishment you'd go for it.

Jagger wore the shirt to be trendy and gain credability with the punks. I don't think he thought it through properly. At no point did he make say I wanna destroy nazism. It was a silly move if you ask me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 23:28 by Silver Dagger.

Date: August 18, 2013 20:53

Keith Richards wore a Nazi uniform during his Ed Sullivan appearance, again to be "trendy".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 20:55 by MitchSeaGull.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 18, 2013 20:58

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 18, 2013 21:22

Silver Dagger
Let's get this clear. The punks used the swastika - primarily the Pistols and Siouxsie Sioux who dressed in Nazi regalia - as an obnoxious symbol that would piss off society. The t-shirt did not say 'Destroy Nazism'...it was sheer anti-social behaviour to get up people's noses. That what punk was about - if you could piss of the establishment you'd go for it.

Jagger wore the shirt to be trendy and gain credability with the punks. I don't think he thought it through properly. At no point did he make say I wanna destroy nazism. It was a silly move if you ask me.
This is pretty much all true . . . the point of the shirt was certainly not "destroy nazism" it was more like a collage of negative, nihilistic words and images -- the word destroy being parallel to the swastika -- intended to piss people off.

Also part of the punk movement was strong identification with groups like the Anti Nazi League and others -- against fascism, against the skinhead youth movement. The Clash and many other bands were heavily involved with this.

Mick's point, as you say, was to be trendy.

The main point is that anti-semitism has absolutely nothing to do with any of this. It is possible to use the swastika and not be a nazi or an antisemite. William Shirter has a swastika on the cover of his book on the Third Reich. It's also an ancient Hindu symbol that will be found in any museum with a section on Asian art. Should they be covered up?

Some people need to grow up.

Date: August 18, 2013 21:24

I'm assuming that this Mitch Seagull guy is about 15 and has no idea that Keith actually grew up amidst the destruction wrought on London by the nazis. This is reality, real dead people, real devastation, real war, not some bullshit about wearing a uniform on Ed Sullivan or anything.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 18, 2013 21:56

MitchSeaGull, you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

Date: August 18, 2013 22:10

Anita Pallenberg may have been a Nazi-sympathizer. She begged Brian Jones to dress up in Nazi uniform and Keith used to live in a Nazi mansion. In 1971, Keith moved with Pallenberg and their first son Marlon to a French villa named Nellcôte. During the German occupation of France in the second world war, Nellcôte was the local Gestapo headquarters, and there were still swastikas on the radiators when Keef arrived. It was there that the Stones recorded their 10th studio album, Exile on Main Street.

Date: August 18, 2013 22:11

stonesrule

Be more specific. Everything I have said is factual. I never said Jagger was pro-Nazi or anti-Semitic. That was someone else putting words into my mouth.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 22:12 by MitchSeaGull.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 18, 2013 22:27

MitchSeaGull
Anita Pallenberg may have been a Nazi-sympathizer. She begged Brian Jones to dress up in Nazi uniform and Keith used to live in a Nazi mansion. In 1971, Keith moved with Pallenberg and their first son Marlon to a French villa named Nellcôte. During the German occupation of France in the second world war, Nellcôte was the local Gestapo headquarters, and there were still swastikas on the radiators when Keef arrived. It was there that the Stones recorded their 10th studio album, Exile on Main Street.

We know where Exile was recorded. The rest of this, regarding the Nazi sympathies, is just trolling.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 18, 2013 22:35

MitchSeaGull

hhHhHhHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Texas maybe..................
Jeroen

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 18, 2013 22:36

Please remove this thread... eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 22:37 by dcba.

Date: August 18, 2013 22:37

stonesrule

Neither did the similarly named troll Mitchflorida a couple of years ago. Funny that.

Date: August 18, 2013 22:44

I guess the fact that Keith bragged about how he showed up at Mick and Bianca Jagger's wedding in full Nazi uniform was also just a co-incidence. No surprise that Anita Pallenberg was there.

Bianca Jagger was completely angry at Keith for that, and I don't blame her.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 22:45 by MitchSeaGull.

Date: August 18, 2013 22:56

MitchSeaGull
I guess the fact that Keith bragged about how he showed up at Mick and Bianca Jagger's wedding in full Nazi uniform was also just a co-incidence. No surprise that Anita Pallenberg was there.

Keith in full Nazi regalia at around the 2:40 mark, with his armband cunningly disguised as his son Marlon.

You really are a moron.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 18, 2013 23:27

Pallenberg was powerful and irresistible until the early seventies. Yet she has always been a disgusting bitch. She was attractive when Exile was done, but later on she became an horrible looking witch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 23:31 by windmelody.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 18, 2013 23:43

Gazza
MitchSeaGull

Keith in full Nazi regalia at around the 2:40 mark, with his armband cunningly disguised as his son Marlon.

You really are a moron.

Now that was funny!
Excellent work sir...

I LOVE THE STONES thumbs up
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 18, 2013 23:44

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: August 18, 2013 23:46

The destroy shirt is anti nazi, why should he apologie?

Date: August 18, 2013 23:53

In May 1971, Mick Jagger married his first wife, Bianca, at a small, whitewashed chapel on a hillside above St Tropez. The British blues singer Terry Reid remembers having later gone to a room in the nearby Hotel Byblos where he and other Jagger guests could change before the reception.

"By and by we could hear a clanking noise growing ever louder," Reid told me. "It was coming down the corridor towards us. Clanking and rattling; very weird. All of a sudden it stopped right outside. The door swung open, and everyone did a double take.

"A man stood on the threshold. He was in full Nazi uniform. He seemed to be standing to attention, all SS tunic, with an Iron Cross or two dangling round his neck, and black jackboots. It was Keith."

[www.standard.co.uk]

Bianca was similarly ­discombobulated when things got out of hand at her wedding reception at the Cafe des Arts in St Tropez. Keith ­Richards, who had come dressed in the ­uniform of a Nazi officer, hurled an ashtray through a ­window before passing out. Bianca left the reception early.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-18 23:56 by MitchSeaGull.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home