Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 68
Re: McCartney Tickets £65 - Don't You Wish The Stones Would Do The Same?
Date: March 11, 2015 22:14

MrThompsonWooft
And the most expensive are only £125. Makes you think doesn't it?

OT winking smiley

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: March 11, 2015 22:16

DandelionPowderman
MrThompsonWooft

OT winking smiley

Not really.

But nobody is answering the question. Don't you wish you could see the Stones for £65?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 11, 2015 22:18

MrThompsonWooft

Ronnie: "There´s more of us!"

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 11, 2015 22:18

MrThompsonWooft
DandelionPowderman
MrThompsonWooft

OT winking smiley

Not really.

But nobody is answering the question. Don't you wish you could see the Stones for £65?

I got front row at Hyde Park for £90.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 11, 2015 22:23

MrThompsonWooft
DandelionPowderman
MrThompsonWooft

OT winking smiley

Not really.

I´ve seen them twice for € 50 each...Paris/Olympia and
Utrecht/Vredenburg in 2003. So Macca seems to be rather
expensive to me smiling bouncing smiley

Date: March 11, 2015 22:29

MrThompsonWooft
DandelionPowderman
MrThompsonWooft

OT winking smiley

Not really.

Too unlikely, hence OT...

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: March 11, 2015 22:29

TooTough
MrThompsonWooft
DandelionPowderman
MrThompsonWooft

OT winking smiley

Not really.

I´ve seen them twice for € 50 each...Paris/Olympia and
Utrecht/Vredenburg in 2003. So Macca seems to be rather
expensive to me smiling bouncing smiley

So you are completely ignoring the intervening 12 years?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 11, 2015 22:43

Dylan's opening concert (April 2015) prices are approx $85 to $125, not sure if this is consistent across all venues?
People will debate touring costs, overheads, group v solo. The market decides.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 11, 2015 23:00

MrThompsonWooft

Well, it might say £125 on the ticket.
My MasterCard says £ 144.25.

I thought the european Stones concerts had decent prices compared to other artists. Still a lot, but compared to the States the prices were ok. Plus they had lucky dip tickets.
Only the O2 concerts prices were completely nuts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-11 23:03 by BowieStone.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 11, 2015 23:10

<<Well, it might say £125 on the ticket. My MasterCard says £ 144.25.>>

I would never pay a credit card company to go to a concert. What songs has MasterCard put out that are worth hearing?

Date: March 11, 2015 23:50

stonehearted

I would never pay a credit card company to go to a concert. What songs has MasterCard put out that are worth hearing?

Can't Buy me Love or Money for Nothing to name a few.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 00:08

BowieStone
stonehearted

Can't Buy me Love or Money for Nothing to name a few.

Can't Buy me Lunch, All You Need Is Cash winking smiley

Anyway, yesterday I bought a ticket for Macca show in Amsterdam, can't wait!

Re: OT: Macca and Northern Songs
Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 03:17

BluzDude
Who is Paul McCartney?
He was once in a band called the Beatles?
He does one thing with Kanye West and now he's a big star!
I guess we have Kanye to thank for that! grinning smiley

Yeah, BDude. No one had ever heard of him before Kanye introduced him. Maybe he'll be somebody now.

Seriously.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Re: OT: Paul McCartney - "New" album and other Macca stuff
Posted by: Seb91 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 03:32

Got a ticket on Sunday for the first O2 show. Up in the gods for £65 (£80 after fees!) It is a crazily expensive show, Gilmour tickets were the same price but opted for Paul instead. All the older acts charge silly money now, Fleetwood Mac are another one. I think McCartney tickets are generally pricier than FM though as there were far fewer tickets at a low price. I guess because there's always the chance now that it will be their last tour older acts can charge more. I think the best value for the Stones was Hyde Park, payed 90 odd quid and got pretty near the front.

Date: March 12, 2015 11:19

Let's not forget, Paul performs for 3 hours with nearly 40 songs. It's worth the price.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 12, 2015 13:02

I'd like to see him again. Saw him in Hyde Park a few years ago and it was great.

Think I'll try and get tickets for the 02 at the last minute. Holding out on spending any money for now whilst there's still a possibility of me getting to the States for the Stones...

Posted by: Seb91 ()
Date: March 12, 2015 15:39

BowieStone
Let's not forget, Paul performs for 3 hours with nearly 40 songs. It's worth the price.

Yeah, the current shows' sets look great. Crazy to think the guy is in his 70s now, his shows are as long as Springsteen's. Was going to see him in Hyde Park in 2010 but didn't get the chance. Can't wait for The O2! Then Fleetwood Mac the week after.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-12 15:40 by Seb91.

OT: McCartney in Amsterdam
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 20:00

I just got back from Amsterdam, where I saw two fantastic shows by McCartney, so I am sending a review and some pictures. The concerts were in the Ziggo dome in Amsterdam - a venue of a size of a hockey arena, which was actually not built for sports, but only for concerts and as I read before I went there, it was supposed to have a great acoustics. Well, it does. Judging from the two McCartney concerts I saw previously, he normally has a very good sound, but it was truly spectacular in the Ziggo dome.

The first concert was on Sunday and when I arrived to the arena at about 5 p.m., there was a really long queue across the square in front of the entrance and turning around the corner. It looked quite hopeless. It turned out not to be that bad, since a lot of people were standing two by two and a lot of them were sitting. Still, when they opened the door and I got into the arena after half past six, I couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed, since I was standing at a side and felt I ended up much farther from the stage than I hoped. Then I realized that except of being on a side I could not get much closer, since there was actually a big distance between the stage and the first row, which turned out to be a rising stage, which Paul used on two songs, that lifted him up to be leveled with the seats in the upper ring. The concert itself was amazing. It started at half past eight and was 2 hours 45 minutes long. Paul did 40 songs. A lot of The Beatles tunes of course, but a nice mixture of his solo stuff too. I was particularly pleased about Another Day, which has always been a favourite of mine and which hasn't been played for many many years, I think . Also the rather new My Valentine from the Kisses On The Bottom was a very nice addition to the setlist. Paul's voice was a bit rough when hitting the high notes, but it was not a problem really, Paul knows how to work with his voice more than well :-) But I wondered how would he manage the second concert, which was the next day. I think that singing for almost 3 hours on two subsequent nights is a rough task even for young vocal cords. Anyway, the concert was great and I thought that if I only saw that one, I would have been perfectly happy.

After the concert, in the foyer, I run into Carlos, a Brazilian fan that I actually met at the airport in Prague the day before. Quite a coincidence, considering there might have been something like 15 000 people in the arena. But I was even more surprised when we incidentally met downtown in Amsterdam the next day. What are the odds? Pretty much the same as that you run into Paul, I guess. But that did not happen unfortunately :-)

The next day I intended to come a bit earlier, but since there is really a lot to see in Amsterdam and I wanted to do the most out of my short stay, I arrived at exactly the same time as the day before. I was approaching the arena from around a corner again and there was no queue this time, actually there were no people at all. My first thought was: S...t, I hope it is not cancelled. It was not. I turned around the corner and there was just a short queue in front of the entrance, which looked perfect. Why was that? Well, the first concert sold out within minutes, while there were still some tickets left for the second one even a couple of days before the show, but most importantly the first one was on Sunday, while the other one on Monday, which surely makes a big difference for a lot of people when deciding on the time when to join the queue. Anyway, it was actually really cold and they opened the arena half an hour later than the day before, which was not very pleasant, but the concert started at half past eight again, so once inside the venue, the waiting was relatively short. I run inside to get a better spot than the day before, which is exactly what I got. If I felt a bit let down at first when I arrived on the first night, now I got everything I could wish for. The concert itself was almost exactly the same as the first one, except of two songs. Paul sang really well, I would swear that his voice was surprisingly stronger on the second night, but maybe it was just my excitement, that everything just clicked together - perfect concert, perfect sound, perfect spot. Also the crowd seemed better from the place where I stood on the second night. I must also mention Paul's band, which is tight as hell, top notch musicians, obviously having a great time together on stage. It was one of those concerts that when you are leaving the arena, you just keep on thinking: Oh My God! and you realize that you are having a broad smile on your face which doesn't want to go away and which actually keeps on returning whenever you think back about the night :-)

And yea, guess who did I run into in the foyer - Carlos of course, I guess it is no surprise now. We took a picture together this time :-)

Anyway, seeing and feeling all the energy on the stage, I am sure this was not my last chance to see Paul. I am looking forward to seeing him again somewhere in a year or two.

Here are some pictures from the first night...

... and from the second night:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 09:34 by Happy24.

Re: OT: McCartney in Amsterdam
Posted by: portlandphil ()
Date: June 12, 2015 20:10

Great pics and fun review to read! Thanks!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 12, 2015 20:14

Loved the review and the pics Happy24. smileys with beer

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 12, 2015 20:39

F***ing great review. Thank you for your nice pictures. I was there for both nights and had a special Amsterdam time. Great people and great moments in rock and roll history. Cheers.smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 12, 2015 21:55

Definitely a good hall for the stones, to come and play !!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Bjornulf, could not resist to post about the Ziggodome. wont do it again.

jeroen

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 21:56

WOW! Such amazing pictures! Incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 12, 2015 22:03

He looks stoned.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 12, 2015 22:08

God, even with the hair dye and probable plastic surgery (I'm not faulting him, I'm just saying its probably happened) he still looks incredible. What a legend. Awesome review. His shows are excellent. Good to hear he's still delivering at such a high level into his 70s.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 12, 2015 22:16

Pretty amazing musician still. Not so interested in the "show", it's all about the music with Macca. Love that about him.

Just thinking about the Hofner bass of his. It's probably worth close to a million dollars or so and he's still playing it on tour.

peace

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 12, 2015 22:21

Still haven't seen Macca at a live gig and gotta do it sometime in my life.

Got a bit of time left before it's too late for both of us, as he's about 8 years older than me. smoking smiley

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 12, 2015 23:38

Good review.
I can feel your excitement.thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 13, 2015 01:19

Great review and pics ! I also saw him twice in a week, on the 5th in Marseille and last night in Paris at the Stade de France. Same comment about his voice, it was really "croaky" in Marseille and I was quite worried about Paris since he had two back to back dates in Amsterdam in between but amazingly enough it was A LOT better last night, odd, but I'll take it and I'm much now more hopeful I'll get to see him an 8th time in the future ;-)

Here's a little collage I did of the Marseille show :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 13, 2015 01:24

Great pics, gotdablouse and Happy24. And a very fine review, Happy24. thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 68

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home