Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' reissue in 2015?
Date: February 27, 2015 23:55

But Universal only wanted the sound. Check his post.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 28, 2015 00:00

bye bye johnny
VideoJames did indeed offer the footage > [www.iorr.org]

Yep, but even after VideoJames offered them his footage, the Stones were still looking for these videos: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 28, 2015 03:47

DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny
Maindefender
dcba
Acc. to VideoJames they have the Marquee show and another 1971 gig!
VJ didn't say which one though. Some speculate it's Leeds, some (like me) hope it's one of the Roundhouse shows.

Anyway as VJ just revealed it seems the SF reissue will be a CD+book affair only so how many 1971 vids the Stones have in their vaults appears to be a purely hypotheical problem for us... confused smiley

CD as in original (d1)studio album plus (d2)bonus tracks?

Stones Planet Brazil reported on the box set contents a couple of months back:

Remastered album, CD of bonus tracks, CD/DVD of Marquee '71 and a book.

Cover will reportedly be the Spanish version, and release will coincide with the 44th anniversary of the album's April 23, 1971 release.

I wouldn't bet on a release before Friday May 8, Johnny. And supposedly, Eagle Rock will do the DVD release, not Universal.

The FROM THE VAULTS releases are Eagle Rock with UMG. Looks like UMG has the distribution.

Date: February 28, 2015 10:29

Yeah, what I meant was that the video won't be part of the album package, according to VJ. Like with the SG set.

Date: February 28, 2015 15:41

Oh. DUH! Right.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 28, 2015 16:17

bye bye johnny
Maindefender
dcba
VJ didn't say which one though. Some speculate it's Leeds, some (like me) hope it's one of the Roundhouse shows.

Anyway as VJ just revealed it seems the SF reissue will be a CD+book affair only so how many 1971 vids the Stones have in their vaults appears to be a purely hypotheical problem for us... confused smiley

Cover will reportedly be the Spanish version, and release will coincide with the 44th anniversary of the album's April 23, 1971 release.

I hope they release it with the Spanish version of the cover.

I could become famous.

Date: February 28, 2015 17:22

treaclefingers
bye bye johnny
Maindefender
dcba

I could become famous.

What, you mean in Spain, again?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 28, 2015 18:48

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
bye bye johnny
Maindefender
dcba

I could become famous.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what he's referring to is that the rumor was this deluxe edition was coming out with the Spanish version as the cover for this new release.

Date: February 28, 2015 23:56

Oh, I dunno. You may be right. But... it's already had that release... in Spain!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 1, 2015 00:28

RollingFreak
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
bye bye johnny
Maindefender
dcba

I could become famous.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what he's referring to is that the rumor was this deluxe edition was coming out with the Spanish version as the cover for this new release.

That would be a disappointment. The zipper cover was so iconic and great and the Spanish one is a bit lame by comparison. I'd be really surprised if they issued that cover in the USA. They seem to stick to the original art on the other deluxe re-issues.

I imagine for a price they will even offer versions with real zippers. peace

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 1, 2015 02:06

RollingFreak
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
bye bye johnny
Maindefender
dcba

I could become famous.

That's a joke of treaclefingers about his username and the tin can on the cover of the spanish edition, isn't it?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 1, 2015 02:22

RollingFreak
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
bye bye johnny
Maindefender
dcba

I could become famous.

I cannot correct you for you are correct.

Date: March 1, 2015 21:32

Cristiano Radtke
RollingFreak
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
bye bye johnny
Maindefender
dcba

I could become famous.

That's a joke of treaclefingers about his username and the tin can on the cover of the spanish edition, isn't it?

If you have to ask eye rolling smiley.....but in the future I'm pretty sure you can assume if treacle posted it and you aren't sure, it's some type of humor. peace

Date: March 2, 2015 02:30

Again, I'm not surprised by this. The only thing happening here is people getting their hopes up to ultimately be dashed. Its best to assume Taylor is gone and have it be a pleasant surprise if he's back. If he's not, then at least you're not as upset as you might have been.

And now that I've said that, a Sticky Fingers themed tour actually makes sense. They have to assume that no Mick Taylor will deter some hardcores, who feel they saw the better show or one they needed to see the past few years. Sticky Fingers theme or full album would be a good gimmick to replace Taylor. "Hey, you've never seen us stage a tour around this album or play the whole damn thing! Guess you gotta go to the shows to catch this exclusive thing!"

Although again, I still don't think we're getting a Fingers themed tour. I'm just saying with no Taylor that would actually be a good hardcore gimmick.

Date: March 2, 2015 03:27

RollingFreak

Although again, I still don't think we're getting a Fingers themed tour. I'm just saying with no Taylor that would actually be a good hardcore gimmick.

Can't imagine why not, as has been pointed out they'd only have to practice a few new songs since most of them are standards anyway. Basically all it would be is 4 or 5 songs they don't normally play...1/4 of the show "new"....not really much of a hardcore gimmick. Don't get me wrong, at times it's my favorite Stones record, it did get my attention when bv hinted at it but in the end I'm probably more excited by the pending Deluxe re-issue.

I think the real gimmick will be in the new merchandise that the artwork for that record may produce for them and how they will tie in the tour to the Deluxe release to promote sales. Whatever music they play I couldn't really consider a gimmick, I know what I'm getting at a show these days. peace

Date: March 2, 2015 14:16

Naturalust
RollingFreak

Can't imagine why not, as has been pointed out they'd only have to practice a few new songs since most of them are standards anyway. Basically all it would be is 4 or 5 songs they don't normally play...1/4 of the show "new"....not really much of a hardcore gimmick. Don't get me wrong, at times it's my favorite Stones record, it did get my attention when bv hinted at it but in the end I'm probably more excited by the pending Deluxe re-issue.

I think the real gimmick will be in the new merchandise that the artwork for that record may produce for them and how they will tie in the tour to the Deluxe release to promote sales. Whatever music they play I couldn't really consider a gimmick, I know what I'm getting at a show these days. peace

They might have to be rehearsing the outtakes as well smoking smiley

Posted by: fuzzbox ()
Date: March 2, 2015 15:48

^^^ "millions of fans..." confused smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 2, 2015 18:23

treaclefingers

... advertising what is known for sure, which is nothing, which is what I've been saying.
... talks still ongoing, or not ongoing, or no talks at all.
All of it is speculation

Actually: this reads like sheer poetry. >grinning smiley<
Like some sort of existentialist 'Beat' Buddha been at work, here. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
You have a way with words, Treacles... Watch 'em as the're dancing in the light!! smoking smiley

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: March 2, 2015 19:23

Can't get excited about a tour/money grab behind a 44 year old record. Taylor not being involved makes me even less excited.

Date: March 2, 2015 19:41

James Kirk
Can't get excited about a tour/money grab behind a 44 year old record. Taylor not being involved makes me even less excited.

This thread is about the reissue of the record, not the tour. but...playing the entire record still would only be half a concert maybe the other half would be more to your liking. And since no official announcements have been made (concerning guests) your disappointment may be premature.

I am excited about this 44 year old re-release, it was such a good record and with additions, possibly new songs, high quality live recordings and great art I expect it to be awesome. I was apprehensive about the Some Girls deluxe and was so pleasantly surprised that I have high expectations for Sticky Fingers. Bring it On! peace

Date: March 2, 2015 23:27

Naturalust
RollingFreak

I disagree. I think its a great gimmick. Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers are my two favorites. I could go back and forth all day over which is #1. So actually, if they said they were gonna play the whole album on a tour, it would at least get me thinking. I don't have the money to see the Stones, but saying they'd play that album would at least perk up my ears, with or without Taylor. If Taylor WERE there, I'd have to go. Thats not really a question. If its without Taylor, I'll probably pass, but I'll keep the date open, which is not something I'd do if they were just gonna tour again. I wouldn't even give the date a second thought.

So while I know what you mean about them not really needing to learn much, the bottom line is I'm a hardcore thats only seen 2 shows. While Sway, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Dead Flowers, Bitch are not altogether rare, I've never seen two of those. And I've also never seen Wild Horses, a bona fide warhorse. Add in Moonlight Mile, Sister Morphine, I Got The Blues, and You Gotta Move, and you have a pretty solid gimmick there to reel in hardcores. Unless you've seen every tour, I highly doubt most have heard about half that album. So even if 4 songs is all the "new" we get, I think that is a pretty legit hardcore gimmick by Stones standards these past 2 decades.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 3, 2015 00:07

My thoughts are if the SF box set and tour have limited (or no) surprises then I know not to expect anything more from these guys. Which will be okay by me, finally I won't feel the need to be there for everything they do. I would continue being a fan and see a concert if it's nearby and not difficult or too expensive to buy a ticket. Past that I guess it's all nostalgia. Wow, has the time really come? Guess I didn't expect it.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: March 3, 2015 00:27

nostalgia act all century it seems.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 3, 2015 09:27

Do we ACTUALLY KNOW SF IS coming out? Lots of rumours, Jagger saying I suppose I had better do some work on this, but HAS he....???

Date: March 3, 2015 10:00

bitusa2012
Do we ACTUALLY KNOW SF IS coming out? Lots of rumours, Jagger saying I suppose I had better do some work on this, but HAS he....???

All we know (officially) is David Fricke saying that Mick had Sticky Fingers and Tattoo You releases to do, in which Mick responded that he thought SF would come out first.

But unofficially... winking smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 3, 2015 10:05

bitusa2012
That's also what I wonder..

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 3, 2015 17:11

Please DO NOT use this thread for OFF TOPIC discussions. It is about STICKY FINGERS the reissue only.

Bjornulf

Date: March 3, 2015 19:26

So I haven't gone far back in the thread in awhile. Is this just gonna be a live bonus disc or is it gonna be a companion disc of new songs we don't officially have like Exile and Some Girls was? I've really loved the way they've put those two packages together, and I'll be fine with just a live bonus disc this time around, although they are the one band I certainly wouldn't be opposed to outtakes for since they've been doing it really well with the past deluxe reissues.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 3, 2015 19:53

Reissue details posted by Stones Planet Brazil are a few posts up on this page.

Recent reports say those details may have changed.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 3, 2015 23:26

Given the tracks already featured on METAMORPHOSIS or EXILE RARITIES, I'm expecting a package with the original album, an official release of GET YER LEEDS LUNGS OUT, and an official DVD of LIVE AT THE MARQUEE. Not anticipating any additional studio outtakes or alternate versions.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home