Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 25 May
Posted by: slowhand ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:26

hypnohighball
Eagle Rock will be putting out the entire Marquee show on dvd later this year. They did the same thing with the Some Girls and Exile boxes - gave us a teaser on the dvd that came with the boxed set and then the whole show was released separately on dvd by Eagle Rock. Be patient....

I think it's a waste that they don't include the complete Marquee show on DVD...only two songs is a joke. I doubt it very highly that it'll get a complete standalone release.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:34

slowhand
hypnohighball
Eagle Rock will be putting out the entire Marquee show on dvd later this year. They did the same thing with the Some Girls and Exile boxes - gave us a teaser on the dvd that came with the boxed set and then the whole show was released separately on dvd by Eagle Rock. Be patient....

I think it's a waste that they don't include the complete Marquee show on DVD...only two songs is a joke. I doubt it very highly that it'll get a complete standalone release.

Why? As stated, they did this practice with the two other boxes as well and we got L&G and Live In Texas after a while.
There is no doubt The Marquee will be released seperately.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 1, 2015 04:08

Blueranger
slowhand
hypnohighball

Why? As stated, they did this practice with the two other boxes as well and we got L&G and Live In Texas after a while.

Why this desire for the entire Marquee show? It's not a good performance and it's not filmed well.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 1, 2015 04:12

24FPS
Blueranger
slowhand
hypnohighball

Why this desire for the entire Marquee show? It's not a good performance and it's not filmed well.

Here's hope for a fresh stereo mix from the multitracks and different camera angles... plus video footage from Roundhouse - because the Marquee show itself is too short to warrant a standalone release...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 1, 2015 04:28

24FPS
Blueranger
slowhand
hypnohighball

It's still a very interesting performance, imo, captures a very important period in the Stones career and I'll take all I can get of it.

peace

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 1, 2015 04:42

I see that Amazon.com finally has the Sticky Fingers Superdeluxe box on...for $300! eye popping smiley

[www.amazon.com]

Date: April 1, 2015 04:50

treaclefingers
I see that Amazon.com finally has the Sticky Fingers Superdeluxe box on...for $300! eye popping smiley

[www.amazon.com]

What a bargain! That's just the equal of a golden circle concert ticket these days, with the added benefit that you can listen to the records again and again, whereas the show is gone with the wind once it's finished!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 1, 2015 05:18

According to Super Deluxe Edition site, this new release will use the well-known 2009 remaster...

[www.superdeluxeedition.com]

Also Wild Horses - Acoustic version is now available for download at Qobuz in CD quality : [www.qobuz.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 1, 2015 05:29

kowalski

According to Super Deluxe Edition site, this new release will use the well-known 2009 remaster...

Ah, yes. I know it well. Gave me a splitting headache.

Date: April 1, 2015 06:14

alimente
treaclefingers

[www.amazon.com]

What a bargain! That's just the equal of a golden circle concert ticket these days, with the added benefit that you can listen to the records again and again, whereas the show is gone with the wind once it's finished!

That's why you have to capture the whole show on your phone. You need to guarantee some long term value!

Date: April 1, 2015 07:45

treaclefingers
alimente
treaclefingers

[www.amazon.com]

That's why you have to capture the whole show on your phone. You need to guarantee some long term value!

You mean if the Stones don't serve us appropriately, we have to serve ourselves?

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 08:02

treaclefingers

[www.amazon.com]
Be patient, you could get it cheaper in a few months. I did it with the previous super deluxe items. I have just pre-ordered le 2lp with spanish cover first. I think it will be rarer than the rest.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: April 1, 2015 09:09

"According to Super Deluxe Edition site, this new release will use the well-known 2009 remaster..."
I suppose for the LP too ... better to get back to some ol' good pressing ?

Date: April 1, 2015 09:10

ouroux58
treaclefingers

[www.amazon.com]
Be patient, you could get it cheaper in a few months. I did it with the previous super deluxe items. I have just pre-ordered le 2lp with spanish cover first. I think it will be rarer than the rest.

I got the superdeluxe from amazon today for 9 gbp due to an error they corrected pretty quickly, so I'm not complaining! PS, I think the Spanish versions are the best value.

Date: April 1, 2015 10:09

slowhand
hypnohighball

It will probably be released by Eagle later on. We only got a few songs on the SG Deluxe dvd too at first.

Posted by: z ()
Date: April 1, 2015 10:33

Will the todger on the cover be bigger in the superdeluxe edition?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 1, 2015 10:34

No mention on www.jpc.de yet???? They dont have that high prices normally.
Jeroen

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 1, 2015 10:39

24FPS
Blueranger
slowhand
hypnohighball

I bet Jagger does not want it to be released because it just really is a bad, bad show. And I personally think that's a good idea, not to release it. When the LA Friday video came out quite a lot of reviews read that 'this video shows how bad the 1975 tour was' and 'how the golden period was over'. You'll get the same with the Marquee video.

Then again, it will shut up the Taylorites fro some time -not everything with Mick Taylor was golden!

Mathijs

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 1, 2015 11:02

I don't know ... I thought Jagger was sceptical about releasing sloppy shows, but then came the LA 11th DVD. Who knows what will happen?

Date: April 1, 2015 11:05

are we sure the acoustic wild horses is just the backing track with overdubs removed? i seem to recall an acoustic version on a bootleg i have with a slightly different lead vocal

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: April 1, 2015 11:06

I think the Marquee show is "cute" for long time fans like us, but not for the big market.
The band was strugling a bit through the setlist, that really isn't bad, though it's short.
Dead flowers for example starts like a trainwreck, with everyone desperately trying to
get the timing right, but in the first chorus, (with Keith singing some of his best
harmony vocals ever) they pick up steam. Even though Mick Taylor later evolved his playing
during this song into unnecesary and excessive noodling, I think he's doing alright
this time.

Still, I don't think the big market is ready for the Marquee show. The jazzy performance
of Satisfaction will not have any appeal to casual fans.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 11:07

Not really feeling the complaints. Roundhouse and Leeds (affordable at least by download - no special box for it with cover art in the physical purchase anyway), the Clapton Brown Sugar and some alternates that may or may not be interesting. Is Wild Horses the Mussel Shoals mix? If not, it's just there to show that they originated the recently minted standard. There are hardly any actual out takes we know of that weren't reworked for Exile. Travelin' Man I guess and Hillside Blues. A couple of bluesy things (one quite long) we fans already have that are mostly notable for MT's picking. Two Trains is from Beggars Banquet. Who knows about Schoolboy Blues. It may be a legal bone of contention. I would have liked to see them stick it on there, but I'm not surprised they didn't. The prime material is being released officially - Roundhouse. Leeds and Marquee (I would be very surprised if Eagle Rocm didn't release it separately as with the other shows teased on the deluxe boxes). Sure, they should not have used the 2009 master but Mick may not take the suggestion that the brick walling sucks, as he's a modern guy.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: April 1, 2015 11:39

The acoustic WH is underwhelming, to say the least, Mick is just sounding naked without Taylors guitar notes swirling around him. But Roundhouse plus the full Leeds show hopefully in stereo: wow!

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:00

There were two versions of the Marquee show in existence - a 35 min UK version and a 55 min European version. I'm guessing it will be some kind of DVD+CD package to make it worthwhile.

Posted by: mikesnaps ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:08

I don't agree that the Marquee show was a bad one. Great versions of I got the Blues, Let it Rock, Midnight Rambler etc.
Would take this show any day over the recent live in Texas 78 and Hampton 81 shows recently released. Hope it gets a standalone release, extremely dissapointed we only get two tracks on the SF reissue.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 1, 2015 12:17

mikesnaps
I don't agree that the Marquee show was a bad one. Great versions of I got the Blues, Let it Rock, Midnight Rambler etc.
Would take this show any day over the recent live in Texas 78 and Hampton 81 shows recently released. Hope it gets a standalone release, extremely dissapointed we only get two tracks on the SF reissue.

I haven't watched my 'Marquee Rumble' DVD for years but from memory, it was an average performance in front of invited friends and family who remain seated for the show. The possibility remains that bootleg versions are rehearsals and the broadcast versions have never circulated as boots.

Rolling Stones New Album to be Released
Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:40

I just saw that the Rolling Stones will be realeasing a new album and are touring behind it. The name of the album is called...Sticky Fingers.
Here are the names of the songs in order as they will appear on the album.

Brown Sugar
Sway
Wild Horses
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
You Gotta Move
Bitch
I Got the Blues
Sister Morphine
Dead Flowers
Moonlight Mile

Re: Rolling Stones New Album to be Released
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:43

April Fool? Youse guys are killing me!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:43

The names of those songs sound so stupid! Probably all some leftover Jagger solo stuff. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:45

ohotos
The names of those songs sound so stupid! Probably all some leftover Jagger solo stuff. tongue sticking out smiley

Thats what I was thinking...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home