Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 25 May
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 31, 2015 22:40

Irix
jazzbass

I'm not finding a "Super Deluxe".

I can see it at least in the US / UK / german iTunes store (haven't tested others). Go in iTunes to the RS store page with the black background and the tongue logo. There are the "Super Deluxe" as well as the "Deluxe Edition".

Search "sticky fingers deluxe" and then click on the Rolling Stones and you'll get to where Irix is typing about!

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:16

The 7inch Brown Sugar / Wild Horses is mentioned in the Super Deluxe, but the pic shows the regular Brown Sugar/Bitch/Let It Rock vinyl. That one was already released on Record store day a couple years ago.
So which single is to be released this time?

Pete.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:26

Maindefender
I will wait until the Super Deluxe price goes way down before I bite. You're paying around $90.00 for the Leeds show …….

Or pay £72.99 from Amazon UK

SF Super Deluxe Box - Amzn UK

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:26

Will the alt dead flowers be a different style or the little lucy version ?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:34

24FPS
Nikkei
it's all about managing expectations i guess.
the Exile and SG bonus discs set the bar pretty high.

thumbs up

True...but at the time they hadn't toured for 3+ years, Keith had his book, there was something to prove, now Jagger is obviously more interested in touring and raking it in than spending hours in the studio redoing vocals...that some people will complain about anyway!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:52

leeds and roundhouse as well as various outtakes have been around for ages. an extended version of sway with the outro solo elongated would have been great

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:00

Father Ted
Maindefender
I will wait until the Super Deluxe price goes way down before I bite. You're paying around $90.00 for the Leeds show …….

Or pay £72.99 from Amazon UK

SF Super Deluxe Box - Amzn UK

…or buy the double CD for $15.99 and the Super Deluxe on I-tunes for $19.99. Amazon US is presently at $299.99.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:02

Munichhilton

Agreed.

The trick is in the wording.
If Can't You Hear Me Knocking is an alternate 'take' or an alternate 'mix'...big difference. Unfortuneatly they call it an alternate 'version' which could mean either, but I suspect its mix as Led Zep has been doing. Very very slightly different version of the released track...

Notice, too, in the iTunes screen cap that it is less than 4:00 long.

J

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:09

dadrob
leeds and roundhouse as well as various outtakes have been around for ages. an extended version of sway with the outro solo elongated would have been great

Where can I get the Leeds show in perfect STEREO soundboard? JJF and LWM as well as the Roundhouse tracks are unreleased/uncirculated in perfect soundquality. And what about te alternate take of CYHMK?

Of course there are wishes...Hillside Blues, Travellin Man and the full take of Sway. But give me this anytime over new recorded vocals on top of unfinished outtakes!

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:12

From the Rolling Stones mailing;
"All Deluxe and Super Deluxe formats will feature a generous selection of previously unavailable material. These include the alternative version of the chart-topping single 'Brown Sugar' featuring Eric Clapton; unreleased interpretations of 'Bitch,' 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking' and 'Dead Flowers'; an acoustic take on the anthemic 'Wild Horses', and five tracks recorded live at The Roundhouse in 1971 including 'Honky Tonk Women' and 'Midnight Rambler."

Looks like an alternate take of CYHMK

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:24

kevinkamphuis
From the Rolling Stones mailing;
"All Deluxe and Super Deluxe formats will feature a generous selection of previously unavailable material. These include the alternative version of the chart-topping single 'Brown Sugar' featuring Eric Clapton; unreleased interpretations of 'Bitch,' 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking' and 'Dead Flowers'; an acoustic take on the anthemic 'Wild Horses', and five tracks recorded live at The Roundhouse in 1971 including 'Honky Tonk Women' and 'Midnight Rambler."

Looks like an alternate take of CYHMK

Yes, a 3:24 alternate take of it.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:25

So you can't get all the live tracks on vinyl. All these combination of different editions. Seems like you want the vinyl and then everything you can't get on vinyl they make you buy multiple editions.

Date: April 1, 2015 00:36

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the DVD just TWO tracks from the Marquee performance??? Seems like a waste!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:39

So the question is....is Leeds in mono or stereo?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:40

kevinkamphuis

Where can I get the Leeds show in perfect STEREO soundboard?

There was at least a Stereo Soundboard from the new 2012 BBC remaster: [dbboots.com] .

[dbboots.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 00:45 by Irix.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:49

No new song, what is that?

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:30

OK!!!!! That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been with them since 1963 and I've paid 100's if not 1,000's to hear their music, but enough is enough!
They have so much unreleased in the vaults but I'm not going to be stung again in my retirement.
I've now realized they are over and I'm just going to listen to what I've got.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:37

Yes it has been £1,000's.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:38

mtaylor
No new song, what is that?

Pre-April Fools Day joke?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:43

Kingbeebuzz
OK!!!!! That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been with them since 1963 and I've paid 100's if not 1,000's to hear their music, but enough is enough!
They have so much unreleased in the vaults but I'm not going to be stung again in my retirement.
I've now realized they are over and I'm just going to listen to what I've got.

Honourable attitude to save your money.

Posted by: mickboy ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:53

I have to agree with you. For us old time collectors there is very little. And not even a clean version of the mono 'Sway'??? That's just plain wrong. And the fact that the LP AND cd version is going to use the BRICKWALLED 2009 mastering is just a slap, and I mean slap in the collectors faces. Jagger or anyone else from the camp who has seen the Amazon reviews of those CD's should really be ashamed of themselves, and to put out the same??????? I'll get the 2cd set for $20 and be done with it. But I'll tell you, my band has let me down again.
Remember that the LP vinyl version CUTS OUT MIDNIGHT RAMBLER from the Roundhouse, it's only on the CD set.
GGRRrrrrrrrrr indeed.
mickboy

Date: April 1, 2015 01:58

And don't forget that NO WORD was mentioned that it was in STEREO. It WAS mentioned when the Rarities cd came out, they touted it as LIR being in Stereo for the first time. Quite a letdown this has become for me. For anyone out there jazzed by this, I honestly feel good for you. Enjoy and I'll just keep on buying bootlegs I guess.
mickboy

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:02

WTF........n new Old songs????????????????????????????
jeroen

Date: April 1, 2015 02:02

Because, my friend, any semi seasoned Stones Collector has been given very very little here. The SF CD is the BRICKWALLED 2009 version that is STILL IN PRINT.
The Vinyl is going to be also mastered from that BW source so the Vinyl isn't going to sound any better. So I'd be buying something that is in anyway shape or form, not one iota 'better' than what I already have and don't listen to.
It's that simple.
Leeds has been out in mono and excellent quality for over 30 years........
mickboy

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:04

where are the tracks two trains and hillside blues,nothing new there we have all heard all before somewhere,on the radio or on bootlegs,this a let down for the fans i am sure price will drop in few mths.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:08

Guess i will just be going for the double cd, and forget about the other stuff.

F..th

Jeroen

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:26

mickboy
Because, my friend, any semi seasoned Stones Collector has been given very very little here. The SF CD is the BRICKWALLED 2009 version that is STILL IN PRINT.
The Vinyl is going to be also mastered from that BW source so the Vinyl isn't going to sound any better. So I'd be buying something that is in anyway shape or form, not one iota 'better' than what I already have and don't listen to.
It's that simple.
mickboy

Yes, but the Leeds version that has been out for over 30 years is from the mono mix the Stones commissioned to the BBC for broadcasting purposes. The BBC never had the two opening songs, JJF and LWM. Their inclusion now indicates that the Leeds source for the new release is not from the BBC (mono) tape, but from the Stones own archive. And why should they mix it in mono?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 02:27 by alimente.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:30

alimente
mickboy
It's that simple.
mickboy

Yes, but the Leeds version that has been out for over 30 years is from the mono mix the Stones commissioned to the BBC for broadcasting purposes. The BBC never had the two opening songs, JJF and LWM. Their inclusion now indicates that the Leeds source for the new release is not from the BBC (mono) tape, but from the Stones own archive. And why should they mix it in mono?

Just about 2 months and then we'll know it all.
Maybe later we will also see the Marquee complete on DVD. Time will tell.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:02

Ok, I placed an order this morning for some 3CD deluxe that was priced 10.99 on amazon uk. Now the price for that one is 72.99 and it apparently contains 5 discs.

The question is - what will be in the box upon arrival?

Posted by: hypnohighball ()
Date: April 1, 2015 03:08

Eagle Rock will be putting out the entire Marquee show on dvd later this year. They did the same thing with the Some Girls and Exile boxes - gave us a teaser on the dvd that came with the boxed set and then the whole show was released separately on dvd by Eagle Rock. Be patient....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2044
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home