Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 58
Re: 'Sticky Fingers' reissue in 2015?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 22, 2015 19:24

But... since DIRTY WORK was their best album of the 1980s - as that voice over bragged about in that awful DIRTY WORK promo video... doesn't it make sense to have STICKY FINGERS' mothers' getting out there and doing the dirty work?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 29, 2015 17:19

From the "live in 2015" thread:

Mick and Keith are mixing old outtakes from the early 70's (1970-1973 I guess) for the SF deluxe in NY, that's the word from a guy who works on Universal in Argentina.

- georgelicks

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 29, 2015 17:26

Mixing now for an album that should be out before the tour starts? I'm thinking this album will come this autumn

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 29, 2015 18:06

bye bye johnny

Mick and Keith are mixing old outtakes from the early 70's (1970-1973 I guess) for the SF deluxe in NY, that's the word from a guy who works on Universal in Argentina.

- georgelicks

[www.iorr.org]

Great news. For me the main reason for buying the Sticky Fingers reissue. As for a while it looked like this to me : SF on vinyl and cd, Leeds (stereo, and complete, I hope) and Marquee on DVD. In that case I have only interest in the Leeds audio. Now it is exciting for me.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 29, 2015 18:09

bye bye johnny

- georgelicks

[www.iorr.org]

If they go up to 1972-73 the slim hope of a GHS deluxe ever being done goes out the window.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: March 29, 2015 19:08

big4
bye bye johnny

- georgelicks

[www.iorr.org]

If they go up to 1972-73 the slim hope of a GHS deluxe ever being done goes out the window.

I sure look forward to SF-deluxe, but sad if the plans for a GHS-deluxe are cancelled

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 29, 2015 19:14

GetYerAngie
big4
bye bye johnny

- georgelicks

[www.iorr.org]

I sure look forward to SF-deluxe, but sad if the plans for a GHS-deluxe are cancelled

But who cares if we're getting the same cuts regardless?

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 29, 2015 19:14

bye bye johnny

- georgelicks

[www.iorr.org]

They'll be listening to a lot of Mick Taylor guitar...I wonder what the conversation would be like...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 29, 2015 19:37

That's good news as it seemed from the hints dropped by Don Was that there wasn't much to look at.

Looking forward to Mick's vocals/lyrics for "Potted Shrimp" !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 29, 2015 21:25

palerider22
bye bye johnny

- georgelicks

[www.iorr.org]

They'll be listening to a lot of Mick Taylor guitar...I wonder what the conversation would be like...

Mick / Keith: We better keep him in the Tour....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 30, 2015 06:49

They just need to stop with this deluxe reissuing garbage and get on with a kind of anthology release - just get all the unreleased material together and release it in however many sets.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 30, 2015 07:07

Wouldn't it be cool if they had a few front row seats for concerts this tour slipped into some of the SF Deluxe releases shipped out this spring!? Sorta like a Willy Wonka golden ticket affair. Get people buying multiple copies to give as gifts (after they checked for the tickets of course grinning smiley). I would probably get all my Christmas shopping done in one stop....."but Dad, I thought you liked The Rolling Stones..." confused smiley smoking smiley.

peace

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: March 30, 2015 09:50

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ron Wood & Don Was (November 2011):

Revisiting old Stones albums

Mick: We had this idea that we'd reinvigorate certain albums by finding other songs recorded in that time that would hold up. That sounded like a better idea than doing mindless compilations.

Keith: If there's something interesting that helps to understand the album, let's do it. Otherwise, I'm not one to rehash stuff. We do have so much in the can. We've been around a while, you know?

Ron: (It) has re-injected some past energy, and made us realize what a kicking live band we are.

Don Was: There's so much material. If they never went in the studio again, you could have a new Stones album ever year for the next 50 years, and it would all be good.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 30, 2015 12:26

GasLightStreet
They just need to stop with this deluxe reissuing garbage and get on with a kind of anthology release - just get all the unreleased material together and release it in however many sets.

Agreed!!!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 30, 2015 12:27

Blueranger
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ron Wood & Don Was (November 2011):

Revisiting old Stones albums

Mick: We had this idea that we'd reinvigorate certain albums by finding other songs recorded in that time that would hold up. That sounded like a better idea than doing mindless compilations.

Keith: If there's something interesting that helps to understand the album, let's do it. Otherwise, I'm not one to rehash stuff. We do have so much in the can. We've been around a while, you know?

Ron: (It) has re-injected some past energy, and made us realize what a kicking live band we are.

Don Was: There's so much material. If they never went in the studio again, you could have a new Stones album ever year for the next 50 years, and it would all be good.

Sounds great. Can you give us the source of that statement? Thanks in advance, RJ

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 30, 2015 16:25

Bill had good exposure on the 2011 Some Girls deluxe, I hope the Hyde Park t shirt was just a blip and they give him fair coverage on the SF deluxe. He played some tasty bass on that album.

Re: 'Sticky Fingers' rereleased - 25 May
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 31, 2015 15:57

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 31, 2015 15:58

The Rolling Stones have announced details of Sticky Fingers deluxe reissues featuring extensive rare bonus material.

The set will be released across multiple formats on May 25, 2015 by Universal Music.

The release follows the highly successful Deluxe reissue programmes for Exile On Main Street in 2010 and Some Girls in 2011.

Among the formats, the album will be available in Deluxe and Super Deluxe formats. These include an alternative version of “Brown Sugar” featuring Eric Clapton; unreleased versions of “Bitch”, “Can’t You Hear Me Knocking” and “Dead Flowers”, an acoustic take on “Wild Horses” and five tracks recorded live at the Roundhouse in 1971 including “Honky Tonk Women” and “Midnight Rambler”.

The Super Deluxe edition will also include Get Yer Leeds Lungs Out!, the 13-track audio recording of the Stones’ gig from March 1971.

Both the Deluxe edition and the Super Deluxe editions are available to pre-order on iTunes. Pre-orders will receive an instant download of a previously unreleased, acoustic version of “Wild Horses“.

Sticky Fingers will be released on:

Original CD

Remastered album with 12 page booklet.

Original LP

Remastered album on black heavyweight vinyl plus 12×12 insert.

Deluxe 2CD

Remastered album plus bonus CD featuring previously unreleased alternate takes and live performances with 24 page booklet.

Deluxe Edition Boxset

Remastered album, bonus CD featuring previously unreleased alternate takes and live performances plus DVD with 2 tracks from Live At The Marquee.

All housed in a presentation box with 72 page hardback picture book and 4 postcard set.

Super Deluxe Edition Boxset

Remastered album and bonus CD featuring previously unreleased alternate takes and live performances.

Plus Get Yer Leeds Lungs Out CD, a DVD featuring 2 tracks from Live At The Marquee and 7” vinyl with “Brown Sugar” and “Wild Horses”.

All housed in a presentation box with a 120 page hardback book complete with real zip.

Plus print, poster, 4 postcard set and mini replica of band cut out.
Deluxe Double LP Set

Remastered album and bonus tracks featuring previously unreleased alternate takes and live performances on two black heavyweight vinyls.

Housed in an outer wallet with real zip.

Deluxe Double LP Set – Limited Edition Spanish Cover (e-commerce only)

Remastered album and bonus tracks featuring previously unreleased alternate takes and live performances on two black heavyweight vinyls.

Housed in an outer wallet with Spanish cover.

Standard Download

Remastered album.

Download

Remastered album plus bonus tracks featuring previously unreleased alternate takes and live performances.

Super Deluxe Download

Remastered album, bonus tracks featuring previously unreleased alternate takes and live performances, plus Get Yer Leeds Lungs Out live tracks.

[www.uncut.co.uk]

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 31, 2015 15:59

I can't get my computer to log onto the SF info bit... Is there any info about the re-issue that I am not seeing?

Date: March 31, 2015 16:00

Oh man I'm about to spend a lot of money. Lucky I won't be seeing them in concert.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:03

Cristiano, thank you for posting! I could not access that info from RS.com... Live Leeds!!! So glad to see this confirmed! Woohoo!!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:04

treaclefingers
Oh man I'm about to spend a lot of money. Lucky I won't be seeing them in concert.

me, too..

me neither..

Posted by: textmonkey ()

if you go to the itunes links from here [www.uncut.co.uk] you can check out the tracklistings for deluxe versions.

Posted by: claudine ()

The Rolling Stones - Wild Horses (Acoustic / Lyric Video)
video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:06

[www.vevo.com]

Wild Horses Official diffrent mix

Date: March 31, 2015 16:06

HEY, in an homage to me they're releasing the Spanish cover version as a double album!

Deluxe Double LP Set – Limited Edition Spanish Cover (e-commerce only)

Housed in an outer wallet with Spanish cover.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:09

[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

All your info and pics are here!!!! Enjoy!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:13

Here the track list by Amazon/Ger. To my surprise Leeds is complete, it begins with JJF! [www.amazon.de]

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:14

Amazon Uk says:

These include the alternative version of the chart-topping single ‘Brown Sugar’ featuring Eric Clapton; unreleased interpretations of ‘Bitch,’ ‘Can’t You Hear Me Knocking’ and ‘Dead Flowers’; an acoustic take on the anthemic ‘Wild Horses’, and five tracks recorded live at The Roundhouse in 1971 including ‘Honky Tonk Women’ and ‘Midnight Rambler.’

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: March 31, 2015 16:15

Cristiano Radtke
The Super Deluxe edition will also include Get Yer Leeds Lungs Out!, the 13-track audio recording of the Stones’ gig from March 1971.

13 tracks? Complete show at last!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home