Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones with Beatles pics
Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: July 31, 2013 05:47

Hey people

Caught some nice pics here some of which I'd not seen before and thought some or all of you might like to have a peep.

[www.moicani.fr]

Re: Stones with Beatles pics
Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: July 31, 2013 05:50

Very nice! Thanks for posting!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 31, 2013 12:02

Very nice collection, thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 31, 2013 12:09

Great!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 31, 2013 13:45

very cool photos

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: July 31, 2013 13:53

Awesome !!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: July 31, 2013 14:07

wow, great pictures !

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: July 31, 2013 14:20

Amazing,great musicians gravitate to each other.

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: July 31, 2013 14:58

Thanks for posting. Two questions: around the middle there is a picture of Keith on guitar and Paul sitting across with a guy sitting on the floor. Was that the SFTD sessions cause it looks like the same setup as in the movie and who is the guy on the floor?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 31, 2013 22:01

Hi Bigmac, I thought the same thing. It's definitely Olympic Studios but I think it maybe from an earlier session, perhaps in 67? Keith's hair looks shorter. Not sure who the other guy is, maybe a sound engineer or studio employee?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 31, 2013 22:28

The other guy seems to be Prince Stash.

Date: July 31, 2013 22:51

And this is a photograph from the same day (Paul is wearing the same outfit and it's on the link that OzHeavyThrobber posted here). It seems to be 1967, for the Satanic sessions.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: July 31, 2013 22:57

awesome pics! and even a few .gifs!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: August 1, 2013 01:29

Very nice, love any shots of the Stones and Beatles together.

That color one with just McCartney and Keith (Keith is playing a guitar) looks like Sgt. Pepper session era (early 1967?)?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 1, 2013 02:12

Hi Cristiano,good call! Looks like Stash. Is the pic of him with Brian in the backseat when Brian was going to court?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 1, 2013 02:31

Macca - Stash - Keef - Olympic Studios, 1967

Date: August 1, 2013 02:34

DGA35
Hi Cristiano,good call! Looks like Stash. Is the pic of him with Brian in the backseat when Brian was going to court?

Gong or leaving court, June 1967.

Date: August 1, 2013 03:00

His Majesty
DGA35

According to Stash himself, the photograph was taken when they were leaving the court.

[princestash.org]

Date: August 1, 2013 03:03

thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 1, 2013 03:21

Where's Yoko?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 1, 2013 07:33

with Wally ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: August 1, 2013 14:58

Thanks for the mystery being solved of the year 1967 and person (Stash) in the pic.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: August 1, 2013 15:36

Cristiano Radtke
His Majesty
DGA35

According to Stash himself, the photograph was taken when they were leaving the court.

[princestash.org]

And do have a look at the video's...some nice ones from RW home!

Robin Daddy Hemmingway remembered T-Bone Walker had some nice things to say about Stash and not so much about the Stones...interesting story:

"Prince Stash," so Anita Pallenberg proudly announced to me, "would be proud if you and T-Bone Walker came to lunch. We understand you have to be back for T-Bone's concert (referring to Montreux Blues Festival '71), so we'll have a driver available if it gets too late." I was managing & producing Blues great T-Bone Walker, it was 1971 and we'd just won a Grammy for an album I'd produced in Paris, France, and we were recording the follow-up album at the festival in Montreux. We were free for any record label, but T-Bone was signed to me. Charlie Watts asked to sign T-Bone to the Stones' Atlantic Records-distribbed label, making T-Bone curious about this white Blues & Rock phenomenom called the Rolling Stones. "I'm curious," said T-Bone in the car on the way to Stash's house,in light Texas drawl "you think we could ever consider them as 'family' and you know what I mean, Hemingway." He meant that if anything ever went wrong during this time, that the Stones would act like 'family' and get the family member out of a bad situation-Anything, it could be drugs, bad driving, drinking, etc., the question was, entering into an agreement with them, would they 'cover your back' as families do for their members to the outside world. We had a wonderful lunch, enjoyed ourselves immensely, thanked the host and left. T-Bone, just before we got to the car: "His name is Stash? Well he's the only one of them who's 'family'for me, far as I'm concerned." When I explained to T-Bone that Stash wasn't a member of the Rolling Stones, he looked at me and said: "That's too bad, I was just settling in my brain we had a friend in the Stones." Although the Stones wanted the live Montreux lp "Fly Walker Airlines" for their label, 'family' prevailed and we signed again with Polydor.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: August 4, 2013 08:47

Weren't Jagger & Lennon pals from high school? smoking smiley

Posted by: chop ()
Date: August 4, 2013 08:57

nightskyman

That color one with just McCartney and Keith (Keith is playing a guitar) looks like Sgt. Pepper session era (early 1967?)?

Wouldnt Paul have a moustache then?

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: August 4, 2013 11:17

Koen
Where's Yoko?
busy counting the $$$. eye popping smiley

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: August 5, 2013 00:08

>That color one with just McCartney and Keith (Keith is playing a guitar) looks like Sgt. Pepper session era (early 1967?)?

Surely the "We Love You" session? Olympic Studios

Date: August 5, 2013 00:19

Glam Descendant
>That color one with just McCartney and Keith (Keith is playing a guitar) looks like Sgt. Pepper session era (early 1967?)?

Surely the "We Love You" session? Olympic Studios

Possibly, but probably not. Paul plays percussion on She's A Rainbow too.

Date: August 5, 2013 14:28

chop
nightskyman

"Paul shaves his moustache before the Sgt Pepper LP is released" [users.rcn.com]

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: August 5, 2013 18:56

Cristiano Radtke
chop
nightskyman

"Paul shaves his moustache before the Sgt Pepper LP is released" [users.rcn.com]

My mistake...has to be what someone else posted that McCartney visited a Stones 'Satanic Majesties' recording session. So it makes me wonder if that was 'We Love You' or some other session?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-05 18:57 by nightskyman.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home