Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bo Didley Sunday 17th London
Posted by: beartie ()
Date: April 12, 2005 13:20

Anyone going to see him Sunday at the Forum Kentish Town?

Re: Bo Didley Sunday 17th London
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 12, 2005 18:16

Yes! I will be there!

Bjornulf

Date: April 12, 2005 18:45

Me Too
I'd say hello but don't know what you look like!
I reckon though there may be a few well known faces from the music world there as it is his only gig here.
Have a great time

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 19, 2005 15:08

How was the show?

Date: April 19, 2005 18:01

He is amazing for his age. What a booming powerful voice.I saw him because I think he is an icon.His performance was solid,his band very accomplised. He did a few of his songs,some reggae,a (rather over long) rap (still better than any modern day rappers).He rambled on a bit between songs but hey,at 76 who can blame him for catching a breath.

It's a good venue,very earthy. It would have been a great place to see the stones 40 years ago! or now!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 20, 2005 00:20

Bo Diddley is the boss indeed. He played a terrific set of two hours in London, including great versions of Hey Bo Diddley, Hoochie Coochie Man and Cracking Up. There were around 1500 people at the Forum, and even if Bo said he was hoarse due to travel from shows in Australia, his voice was really powerful. For the last part of the show he walked over to the drums and hammered just like Charlie used to do during the tour opening with Not Fade Away. Amazing for a guy age 76 with a recent dual spinal prolaps and back operation.

Then I went on to Dublin to see Bo Diddly last night as well. Totally different show. At Vicar Street. Same place as Ronnie played on his mini-tour 2001. See:
[iorr.org] - Bo does not play from a setlist. He plays what he feels like doing. And with a crowd of some 800 seated in Vicar Street, we got an even more compact and intense show. His voice was perfect, and his mood was better than ever. Lots of interaction with the crowd. I am deeply impressed, also how he can be genuinly unique every night, never repeating himself, not the same stories or jokes. And the band is really good, also his unique style of singing and playing his trademark guitar.

Bo Diddley is in Finland tonight, and the tour will continue to more European cities during the next days before he goes back to U.S. Don't miss him!

Tue 04/19/05 Espoo, FIN April Jazz
Thu 04/21/05 Prague, CZE Lucerna
Fri 04/22/05 Rome, ITA Jazz Festival
Sat 04/23/05 Hardenberg, NET Podium
Sun 04/24/05 Paris, FRA Olympia
Tue 04/26/05 Zagreb, CRO Dom Sportova
Wed 04/27/05 Ljubljana, SLO Hala Tivoli

Bjornulf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2150
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home