Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 58
Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 28, 2013 01:15

I'm not saying they planned it that way, I'm saying that's how (I think) it worked out! My admiration of the todger remained undimmed, ditto my affection for Ol' Rascal Richards. Me speaking as a member of the general public here.

Date: October 28, 2013 10:45

It was not a big deal... winking smiley

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: October 28, 2013 13:54

Aquamarine
Think about it, though. WAS Mick made a laughing stock? Or was the focus more on the fact that Keith said it? Let's face it, with some of those stage costumes we all pretty much saw the size of the todger for ourselves. All the press I saw focused on "Shock horror look what Keith said about Mick," not "Shock horror Mick's todger is smaller than believed." I didn't see ridicule aimed Mick's way, I saw (largely amused) disbelief at what Keith said about him.
thumbs up My thoughts exactly. Amused disbelief is the reaction to a lot of what Keith says. Have we forgotten that Keith also said he snorted his Dad's ashes? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. That's the sort of stuff Keith says. There are books based solely on the most outlandish "Keithisms"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2013 15:09

Aquamarine
I'm not saying they planned it that way, I'm saying that's how (I think) it worked out! My admiration of the todger remained undimmed, ditto my affection for Ol' Rascal Richards. Me speaking as a member of the general public here.

Fair enough then, perhaps it all worked out in the end. I think our difference in opinion then, would be more around 'Micks reaction'.

I'd imagine he wasn't as relaxed about it as you're suggesting and that he put Keith through the ringer on it and that none of it was actually 'staged'. Their continued 'distance' with each other might point as a sad reminder of that.

Date: October 28, 2013 18:01

I just can't believe that Mick would be so insecure about such things , especially coming from Keith .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 29, 2013 06:54

Aquamarine
I just can't believe that Mick would be so insecure about such things , especially coming from Keith .

well this is supposedly his friend...now he's got to answer ALL the questions from his family, friends, peers.

Elton to MJ, "why do you think that troglodytic monkey did that to you? Here, let me have a look...I can tell you for sure"

Date: October 29, 2013 12:17

<Their continued 'distance' with each other might point as a sad reminder of that.>

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 29, 2013 12:51

treaclefingers

Elton to MJ, "why do you think that troglodytic monkey did that to you? Here, let me have a look...I can tell you for sure" ...

... "Feeling is believing and I feel like receiving." eye popping smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: October 29, 2013 14:10

Aquamarine

Keith seems to be a some kind of school bully nowadays (at least emotionally), I hope there will be somebody protecting Mick if they will go on tour, bringing him a Emotional Rescue...

And there was a time when Mick said that he wanted to protect Keith!

Waiting On A Friend...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-29 18:15 by rollingon.

Date: October 29, 2013 14:19

I seriously doubt Mick needs anybody to protect him from Keith, or pretty much anybody else. Or vice versa, for that matter.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 29, 2013 15:50

KatieGirl
Aquamarine
Think about it, though. WAS Mick made a laughing stock? Or was the focus more on the fact that Keith said it? Let's face it, with some of those stage costumes we all pretty much saw the size of the todger for ourselves. All the press I saw focused on "Shock horror look what Keith said about Mick," not "Shock horror Mick's todger is smaller than believed." I didn't see ridicule aimed Mick's way, I saw (largely amused) disbelief at what Keith said about him.
thumbs up My thoughts exactly. Amused disbelief is the reaction to a lot of what Keith says. Have we forgotten that Keith also said he snorted his Dad's ashes? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. That's the sort of stuff Keith says. There are books based solely on the most outlandish "Keithisms"
you don't think Keith really snorted the ashes?

Date: October 29, 2013 17:52

Rokyfan
KatieGirl
Aquamarine
With Keith you never really know. Therein lies the beauty and mystery of our Keith!

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: October 29, 2013 23:47

CONTRIVED I say tongue sticking out smiley

Date: October 30, 2013 00:15

PaintitBlue
CONTRIVED I say tongue sticking out smiley
Who? Me or Keith?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 30, 2013 01:10

Snorting his pop's ashes and dissing his (former) best friend's todger. Gotta love him!

Date: October 30, 2013 01:23

KatieGirl
Rokyfan
KatieGirl
Aquamarine
With Keith you never really know. Therein lies the beauty and mystery of our Keith!
I think there's no question he did it, It's the sort of stuff he says because its the sort of stuff he does. Making it up would be lame. Besides, he was snorting the coke anyway, he just mixed in a little of dad (he didn't snort all of him). I can see where it would be his kind of tribute.

Date: October 30, 2013 10:56

bleedingman
Snorting his pop's ashes and dissing his (former) best friend's todger. Gotta love him!

Maybe he should have found a better way to get back at his best friend when writing his book. After all, his best friend supposedly slept with his girlfriend. It would be hard not even mentioning it in the book, and I reckon some feelings would arise when recapping this period, don't you think? I wonder what I would have done... smiling smiley

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: October 30, 2013 12:15

DandelionPowderman
bleedingman

Maybe he should have found a better way to get back at his best friend when writing his book. After all, his best friend supposedly slept with his girlfriend. It would be hard not even mentioning it in the book, and I reckon some feelings would arise when recapping this period, don't you think? I wonder what I would have done... smiling smiley

But I have understood that in the 60s and in the 70s everybody slept with everybody in those rock circles...

I mean, I'm almost certain that Mick hasn't tried anything with Patti, so I think it's time to forget some ancient things...

At least I would... Nobody tried to kill anybody...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 30, 2013 15:12

Things were not quite as free as they seemed, when people were already in serious relationships.
This becomes clearer in some of the autobiographies of those involved.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-30 15:14 by angee.

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: October 30, 2013 15:15

New articles about the upcoming tour:

[www.focus.de]

[www.examiner.com]

First says that the Stones refused a tour through America and preferred a tour in Europe in late spring 2014.
And that they want to go on only in arenas on the next tour too.

Second is not just based on the Sun and says some about a Faces reunion tour.

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: October 30, 2013 15:35

Stonesfan16
New article about the upcoming tour:

[www.focus.de]

It says that the Stones refused a tour through America and preferred a tour in Europe in late spring 2014.
And that they want to go on only in arenas on the next tour too.

Nice article.... but it refers to a Story written in "The Sun". confused smiley

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 30, 2013 15:38

Nothing new in that article, just another rehash of The Sun "confirmation" from a couple of weeks ago.

To their credit, the headline is a question rather than a statement: "New Rolling Stones Tour in Spring?"

Date: October 30, 2013 15:42

We'll see next year if it's true...

Date: October 30, 2013 15:50

Stonesfan16
How could it be true, it's a question?

Of course it's true that they want to put together a tour if the money is right.

Date: October 30, 2013 16:07

Rokyfan
Stonesfan16
How could it be true, it's a question?

Of course it's true that they want to put together a tour if the money is right.

Yes, I meant the whole tour thing.
And the money will be right. smoking smiley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 30, 2013 21:00

The FAR EAST tour is 100% confirmed, Jagger himself put the sign on this week.

Australia
New Zealand
Japan
China
Singapur

Tour start in March, ALL ARENAS, dates coming in late November, early December.

Date: October 30, 2013 21:08

georgelicks

Australia
New Zealand
Japan
China
Singapur

Source?

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: October 30, 2013 21:13

TELL ME MORE!!! grinning smiley

I'm going to be in Auckland, NZ from March. This looks like fate! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 30, 2013 21:29

georgelicks

Australia
New Zealand
Japan
China
Singapur

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZiggodome Amsterdam may 2014 you mean

jeroen

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-30 21:30 by corriecas.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 30, 2013 21:52

georgelicks

Australia
New Zealand
Japan
China
Singapur

BV - come with some news....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1558
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home