Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

hyde park - stones start time ?
Posted by: borischelski ()
Date: June 25, 2013 23:48

please excuse as this is my first post - does anybody know appx what time stones are due on stage ?

Re: hyde park - stones start time ?
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 00:14

Assuming 10.30 finish, I'd say 8.15 or 8.30pm.

Posted by: borischelski ()
Date: July 2, 2013 08:49

many thanks for this.

normlly for hyde park a timetable is released in the days beforehnd re times for various support bands.

has anyone seen this ?

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: July 2, 2013 11:48

RE: Hyde Park--Rolling Stones--July 13
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:25 AM
From: "British Summer Time Hyde Park Hospitality" <hospitality AT bst-hydepark.com>

4. Rolling Stones will be performing around 8.30pm

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 2, 2013 12:05

borischelski

normlly for hyde park a timetable is released in the days beforehnd re times for various support bands. has anyone seen this ?

Edit: the timetable is now to find for the 6th July and the 13th July at the BST website smiling smiley

When the beginning for the admission is 12:00pm, then I could imagine that the 4 main support bands might start about 2:20pm and play max. 1 hour each with a break of 45 min each, so they could finish at 8:00pm.
Then a half hour break to prepare the stage for the Stones.

The Stones might start - as described above - at the earliest 8:30pm and play until 10:15pm.
I hope, they don't shorten the setlist further (Start on 3rd May LA Staples Center with 23 songs, then Glastonbury only 20 songs).

Maybe there is still the 10:30pm curfew, see: 'Rolling Stones face £200,000 fine for gig over-running' and 'Springsteen, McCartney silenced by London curfew'.

Envisioned timetable (6th July):

12:00pm Beginning for admission

2:20pm - 3:05pm King Charles
3:50pm - 4:40pm Gary Clark Jr
5:25pm - 6:15pm The Temper Trap
7:00pm - 8:00pm The Vaccines

8:30pm - 10:15pm The Rolling Stones

All in all only a guess. My guess (see quote below) was not bad ..... winking smiley

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 18:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 2, 2013 12:14

The Rolling Stones will please their fans with the setlist they decide no matter if there is a curfew or not. Mind you if the Londoners are not coping with a fact that such events will be to the midnight hour they are a very backminded.
I do understand that it annoys people who live there, but be it. You live close to amenities and cope with it.
Last week in a little town in Southern Switzerland there was Jazzascona which is open air in the whole village and also at the lakeside. It lasted for 2 weeks every night at least until 1 AM. And that is then really hard to cope.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: July 2, 2013 12:19

It was stated on the BST-webpage that the shows ends 10.15pm. But they've taken that down. Does anybody know the official curfew at Hyde Park? Is it 10.30pm?

The Rolling Stones better play at least full 2 hours and 20 songs. Anything else would be disappointing.

Posted by: PhilUK ()
Date: July 2, 2013 12:24

Irix
borischelski

normlly for hyde park a timetable is released in the days beforehnd re times for various support bands. has anyone seen this ?

No timetable to find with Google for the 6th July at the moment ... sad smiley

When the beginning for the admission is 12:00pm, then I could imagine that the 4 support bands might start at 1:30pm and play 1 hour each with a break of 30 min each, so they could finish at 7:00pm.
Then a one hour break to prepare the stage for the Stones.

The Stones might start - as described above - at the earliest after 8:00pm and play until 10:30pm.
I hope, they don't shorten the setlist further (Start on 3rd May LA Staples Center with 23 songs, then Glastonbury only 20 songs).

Maybe there is still the 10:30pm curfew, see: 'Rolling Stones face £200,000 fine for gig over-running' and 'Springsteen, McCartney silenced by London curfew'.

Envisioned timetable:

12:00pm Beginning for admission

1:30pm - 2:30pm The Vaccines
3:00pm - 4:00pm The Temper Trap
4:30pm - 5:30pm Gary Clark Jr
6:00pm - 7:00pm King Charles

8:00pm - 10:30pm The Rolling Stones

All in all only a guess.

Why do you think that's the timetable? The Vaccines are the highest act on the support bill, plus there's a few stages.

I think this is wrong. It should be the other way round really.

Date: July 2, 2013 12:30

PhilUK

Why do you think that's the timetable? The Vaccines are the highest act on the support bill, plus there's a few stages.

I think this is wrong. It should be the other way round really.

As I wrote: all in all only a guess.

I'm a Stones fan and not familiar with the 4 support bands eye rolling smiley

Edit: Posts edited, correct timetable inserted.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 00:20 by Irix.

Date: July 2, 2013 14:31

It's pointless guessing if you haven't even bothered to look at the poster which shows the lineup of bands in order of priority. What are your guesses based on? How much you like the names, or how pretty they are?

4 bands? There's multiple stages with multiple bands on each stage.

Have a look at it here.The correct line up.

THE GREAT OAK STAGE

THE ROLLING STONES
The Vaccines
The Temper Trap
Gary Clark Jr.
King Charles

THE THEATRE STAGE

Palma Violets
The Boxer Rebellion
Temples
Story Books

VILLAGE HALL

Tribes
Broken Hands
Drenge
Gabriel Bruce
Will Heard

BANDSTAND

Trigger Finger
Kimberley Anne
Splashh
Loom
Will Cook
Whinne Williams

I'm not going to post the timetable because I have no idea what it will be, but I do know with minimal effort who will be on before who.

Joking and gentle ribbing aside, have a listen to The Vaccines, Palma Violets, Drenge and Gary Clark Jr, they're all great acts. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-02 14:32 by PhilUK.

Posted by: Jackglfc ()
Date: July 2, 2013 14:35

Vaccines will be last act before the Stones.

Shame Palma Violets will clash with the stones, they're pretty good too

Date: July 2, 2013 14:37

It seems silly to have any band clashing with the Stones. 99.999% of people will be there to see the Stones. I'm sure they'll finish all the stages at the same time the Vaccines finish.

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: July 2, 2013 15:47

I had the exact same question about the times, and got an Email reply that there was no such timetable available.. maybe closer to the event.. Which I think almost hilarious by now. My favourite Gimmick on their website ist the possibility to sort all the bands playing there this summer by alphabet, which really is the first thing anybody wants to do...

Date: July 2, 2013 15:55

PhilUK

99.999% of people will be there to see the Stones.

Exactly my opinion.

Edit: the real timetable is now to find for the 6th July and the 13th July at the BST website smiling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 18:50 by Irix.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 2, 2013 23:58

Is it the exact same show on July 13th as well?

Date: July 3, 2013 00:20

Exactly the same show on 13th July? Would say no, because there are at least other support acts.
And I hope the Stones are playing a slightly different (maybe even better) setlist.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 01:05 by Irix.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 3, 2013 00:27

I seriously doubt any of the opening acts will be playing for an hour, let alone all of them. Maybe the Vaccines at a push.

Main support acts tend to get about 45 minutes. If there are other acts, they'd usually get about half an hour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1238
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home