Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
No Security CD
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 19, 2013 23:45

Why is it hard to obtain this cd in the UK?

Re: No Security CD
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 19, 2013 23:58

For some reason it wasn't reissued when the Stones' catalogue went to Universal.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 20, 2013 00:15

odean73

Hard to obtain confused smiley

Not really, there is at least one CD left on Amazon.

Date: June 20, 2013 00:24

Irix
odean73

Hard to obtain confused smiley

Not really, there is at least one CD left on Amazon.

I did notice that on amazon, but I had my doubts that its a genuine copy, because if you scroll down that page there is one coming in at £60.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 20, 2013 00:29

Deltics
For some reason it wasn't reissued when the Stones' catalogue went to Universal.

The reason was that the original release sold app. 900 to 1000 copies in the UK in the first couple of weeks after release - and most likely not too many more afterwards.

Date: June 20, 2013 00:32

Thanks for all the info.thumbs up

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 20, 2013 00:33

alimente
Deltics

The reason was that the original release sold app. 900 to 1000 copies in the UK in the first couple of weeks after release - and most likely not too many more afterwards.

It was actually 1001.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 20, 2013 00:39

alimente
Deltics

And the reason for that was that they had oversaturated their market for live material. They already had Flashpoint out in '91 and Stripped out in '95, so there was a collective yawn from the record-buying public when they were presented with what was perceived as "yet another live Rolling Stones album", and one with the most unimpressive cover photo ever.

They look really excited to be there.... I wonder what they look like 15 years later....

Date: June 20, 2013 00:42

Maybe they post here at IORR? winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 20, 2013 00:44

Like all quality stones fans, I have a copy of this. I also have a couple of still sealed copies of the vinyl version...haven't checked what that one is worth in quite a while.

Date: June 20, 2013 00:47

treaclefingers
Like all quality stones fans, I have a copy of this. I also have a couple of still sealed copies of the vinyl version...haven't checked what that one is worth in quite a while.

I've never owned a copy of NS, so I guess I'm of a lesser quality--but I'm a diamond in the rough as they say.

But just in case I want to upgrade my status of fandom, tell me one thing--the track Memory Motel from NS, does it have Dave Craphews on it?

Date: June 20, 2013 00:51

stonehearted
treaclefingers

I've never owned a copy of NS, so I guess I'm of a lesser quality--but I'm a diamond in the rough as they say.

But just in case I want to upgrade my status of fandom, tell me one thing--the track Memory Motel from NS, does it have Dave Craphews on it?

If you're referring to Dave Gomphews, then yes, he's on it but a quality stones fan would have already known that.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 20, 2013 00:54

i'm a quantity guy. thru and thru.

Date: June 20, 2013 00:56

treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers

If you're referring to Dave Gomphews, then yes, he's on it but a quality stones fan would have already known that.

Well, I'll be a monkey's gomper! I thought he was on it, and that's why I didn't buy it. I must have blocked it out of my conscious mind--it's a very traumatic blocked memory.

Date: June 20, 2013 01:00

stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers

Well, I'll be a monkey's gomper! I thought he was on it, and that's why I didn't buy it. I must have blocked it out of my conscious mind--it's a very traumatic blocked memory.

If you have it on CD, easy to program him off. If you rip to ITUNES, you can simply not even transfer it on there. NO one need even know you have a song with Gomp Mathews on it.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 20, 2013 01:10

alimente

stonehearted

And the reason for that was that they had oversaturated their market for live material.

The 'No Security' album seems not to be very popular.

At Amazon Germany the 'No Security' album starts as used CD at £ 0.42 (34 offers for used CDs), the 'Live Licks' on the other hand starts much higher (approx. £ 6, only 4 offers for used CDs).

'Live Licks' (2004) seems to be more popular and there seems to be still demand for live material .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-20 01:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 20, 2013 01:17

...try the Bay of E ........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 20, 2013 01:30

stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers

(passes a cup of hot chocolate). It'll be okay man. It'll be okay...

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 20, 2013 02:05

Irix
alimente

stonehearted

And the reason for that was that they had oversaturated their market for live material.

The 'No Security' album seems not to be very popular.

At Amazon Germany the 'No Security' album starts as used CD at £ 0.42 (34 offers for used CDs), the 'Live Licks' on the other hand starts much higher (approx. £ 6, only 4 offers for used CDs).

'Live Licks' (2004) seems to be more popular and there seems to be still demand for live material .....

Am I allowed to say that the Germans though made David Hasselhof a successful recording artist?

Do the math.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 20, 2013 02:09

No Security did sell 18,000 copies in the UK between november 1998 and june 1999 and only charted at #67 there, the Brits were not happy at all with the Stones in 1998 after the tour cancelation by tax reasons and the press was very hard for the band.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 20, 2013 07:17

It's a good live album. Except for that... gump that sings on Memory Motel.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 20, 2013 07:26

It's worth it for Sister Morephine alone!

Date: June 20, 2013 07:26

i actually thought this live album was better than flashpoint

Date: June 20, 2013 11:08

treaclefingers

Apologies for not being a quality stones fan.thumbs down

Date: June 20, 2013 11:13

It's actually a good live album. However, it's for the hard core fans only, with songs that never had been featured on live albums before/obscure numbers.

So no wonder it didn't sell.

Date: June 20, 2013 11:18

DandelionPowderman
It's actually a good live album. However, it's for the hard core fans only, with songs that never had been featured on live albums before/obscure numbers.

guess thats why i like. its not bogged with warhorses

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 20, 2013 11:19

keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman

guess thats why i like. its not bogged with warhorses

Agreed.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: June 20, 2013 11:20

It's not even on iTunes.

It's a winner purely for Thief in the Night thumbs up

Date: June 20, 2013 11:54

Would you think that the sellers on Amazon are ok to buy off or are they copies?

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: June 20, 2013 12:37

In 50 years, this CD will be one of the most valuable collectibles...

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2025
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home