Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith interview - Men's Journal, July 2013
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:16

Great interview with Stephen Rodrick.

Keith Richards: A Pirate Looks at 70

Read more: [www.mensjournal.com]

Re: Keith interview - Men's Journal, July 2013
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:44

Pass the first few BS answers and you'll get a genuinely interesting KR interview!

Thx!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:48

I thought it was a very interesting interview too and that photo with his little granddaughter is stunning.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:50

dcba
Pass the first few BS answers and you'll get a genuinely interesting KR interview!

Thx!

My thoughts exactly. Thanks byebyejohnny for posting!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 14, 2013 00:03

Good interview, thanks!
Still, I can't help but think Keith's downplaying every thing he's asked about. In his view, he's never had a problem ever in his life (except possibly with cops) and everybody involved had a fantastic time all the way through.

Re: Keith Richards on Drugs: 'All Experiments Come to an End' Keef likens himself to an alchemist in 'Men's Journal' interview
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 13, 2013 22:34

He likens himself to an alchemist for thirty years now.

Re: Keith Richards on Drugs: 'All Experiments Come to an End' Keef likens himself to an alchemist in 'Men's Journal' interview
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: June 13, 2013 22:52

...or even 40 years?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:33

....lets make it 50 ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 14, 2013 00:11

More Keith BS.

Is this supposed to be glamourous Keith?

How are yer dead buddies?

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 14, 2013 06:53

One of the better interviews with Keith Richards. Pretty persistent questioning, has KR on the defensive on some areas.
Thanks for the link!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 14, 2013 10:22

Thanks.

Date: June 14, 2013 10:40

LieB
Good interview, thanks!
Still, I can't help but think Keith's downplaying every thing he's asked about. In his view, he's never had a problem ever in his life (except possibly with cops) and everybody involved had a fantastic time all the way through.

It's probably a way of "staying strong", not to focus on the problems he had, but instead shrug them off and move forward?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 14, 2013 10:59

GravityBoy
More Keith BS.

Unfortunately, I agree with this. Dead buddies and dead child.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: June 14, 2013 12:28

Bliss
GravityBoy
More Keith BS.

So what do you want him to do? - go on Oprah and breakdown crying because of the trail of death and destruction he's left behind him. If you've read his book you'll know he doesn't downplay anything about the death of his child. I'm sure he has more than his fair share of private torments. Maybe he just doesn't want to share them all.

Date: June 14, 2013 14:33

Roll73
Bliss
GravityBoy
More Keith BS.

So what do you want him to do? - go on Oprah and breakdown crying because of the trail of death and destruction he's left behind him. If you've read his book you'll know he doesn't downplay anything about the death of his child. I'm sure he has more than his fair share of private torments. Maybe he just doesn't want to share them all.

I agree, why would he want to talk about any of that, what good would it do?

James Fox, who co-wrote Life, said that it was very difficult for Keith to talk about the death of his baby son, that Keith broke down in tears and left the room several times.

I've had a few friends who have lost a child, it's not something you ever get over.

Date: June 14, 2013 15:00

Good interview thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 14, 2013 15:19

Dunno...at least he didn't say they didn't have to write new music at this point like he did in Uncut in 2004.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: June 14, 2013 15:36

Keith wanting to play well its a miracle .

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: June 14, 2013 15:42

Bliss
GravityBoy
More Keith BS.

At the risk of sounding like a Keith apologist, nobody forced the dead buddies to hang around him and try to live his lifestyle. That was their choice, freely made. And about the dead son, I'm sure he feels more than enough grief and guilt over that to last him a lifetime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 15:43 by KatieGirl.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: June 14, 2013 16:07

What I sometimes tend to miss in Keith´ tales is that the reason you take harder drugs for me is simply (one of the reasons) being vulnerable in many ways, specially coke and heroin as a combination, I know what I´m talking about.

Keith is more like "I took it, because I´m kinda invincilble"
instead of "I was in pain sorrow or just afraid to do without..."

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: June 14, 2013 16:27

latebloomer
Roll73
Bliss
GravityBoy
More Keith BS.

James Fox, who co-wrote Life, said that it was very difficult for Keith to talk about the death of his baby son, that Keith broke down in tears and left the room several times.

I've had a few friends who have lost a child, it's not something you ever get over.

Hey Gravityboy and Bliss - Keith dont owe you or anyone else any explanations. So Grow Up !! - Look, I've lost several friends and family members and I dont feel like I need to explain my feelings to anyone, let alone strangers - cause it's really nobody else's @#$%& biz ! I'm sure Keith feels the same - you dont have to scream your pain and sadness on the roof tops, some people may wanna do that and others keep their feelings close to their hearts...but only an total ass would try to tell others how they should grief. It's nobody elses biz - so grow up !!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 17:05 by seitan.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 14, 2013 17:01

Interesting that he says he quit heroin because otherwise he'd be doing hard time. Not that it was having a negative impact on him as a human being. Likewise coke. He gave it up because he injured his brain. Had those events not occured, one has to wonder if he would have changed his ways anyway. In any event, thanks for posting this. Glad Keith is still around.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 14, 2013 17:18

latebloomer
Roll73
Bliss
GravityBoy
More Keith BS.

That's just it. He's playing music while his baby dies. He wasn't there. So what that he was doing drugs. It doesn't change any facts. He very well may carry a feeling of being a letdown, failure as a father to that child, that he should have at least been there. Not something you get over by ordering another taco.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 14, 2013 17:19

seitan
Hey Gravityboy and Bliss - Keith dont owe you or anyone else any explanations. So Grow Up !!

I think you missed the point, I'm certainly not asking for explanations.

The use of the word "alchemist" is just nonsense.

It's a "cool" word that tries to glamourise - and also assert he was in control of a kind of experiment - what he was doing when in fact there is nothing glamourous about it.

The trail of bodies of his dead friends are testimony.

Keith has nearly killed himself several times, he's lucky he's alive. Others have suffered because of his selfishness.

I think he needs to be honest that's all and not pretend it was something it wasn't.

"Alchemy" = Keith BS.

Date: June 14, 2013 17:33

His legendary quote is that his problem was with policemen, not drugs. So he apparently feels that drugs aren't that big a deal, at least for him. He has also said that his kids ask him for weed. Yes, people like Jimmy Miller crashed and burned trying to keep up but that's not his fault. He's just being honest and typically loquacious.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 14, 2013 17:40

GravityBoy
seitan
Hey Gravityboy and Bliss - Keith dont owe you or anyone else any explanations. So Grow Up !!

It's a "cool" word that tries to glamourise - and also assert he was in control of a kind of experiment - what he was doing when in fact there is nothing glamourous about it.

Keith has nearly killed himself several times, he's lucky he's alive. Others have suffered because of his selfishness.

I think he needs to be honest that's all and not pretend it was something it wasn't.

"Alchemy" = Keith BS.

You got it exactly. This alleged "alchemy" is his self-justification which we all do. We all like to exaggerate and mythologize ourselves though Keith's are a lot more interesting than mine and most people's

Date: June 14, 2013 18:12

triceratops
GravityBoy
seitan

"Alchemy" = Keith BS.

You got it exactly. This alleged "alchemy" is his self-justification which we all do. We all like to exaggerate and mythologize ourselves though Keith's are a lot more interesting than mine and most people's

Of course we all do it, some of us just do it more and better, like Keith. Keith has said he goes with the myth, it's something else he can hide behide. But, that doesn't necessarily mean that he is pretending. He very well may know exactly what he's done and what he's responsible for, but that's his private business, imo. I do get, though, why long time fans who are very familiar with Keith's quotes over the years get sick of his stock answers.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 14, 2013 18:35

latebloomer

Of course we all do it, some of us just do it more and better, like Keith. Keith has said he goes with the myth, it's something else he can hide behide. But, that doesn't necessarily mean that he is pretending. He very well may know exactly what he's done and what he's responsible for, but that's his private business, imo. I do get, though, why long time fans who are very familiar with Keith's quotes over the years get sick of his stock answers.

keith being the master of the self-mythologization. I am going to file this under "Use Your Illusion"

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 14, 2013 23:17

triceratops
GravityBoy
seitan

"Alchemy" = Keith BS.

I am happy for Keith that he is enjoying a wealthy, serene old age, wallowing in the love of his extended family, in his numerous palatial homes around the world. He has given the world a lot of pleasure through his art, and I don't begrudge him the fruits of this in the least. But the line of ghosts standing behind him tell a different story, and I am not speaking only of the ones we know about. Mr Elegantly Wasted's influence was immensely powerful in impelling people to try to emulate him, and they did not necessarily live to a serene old age.

History is written by the winners, or in this case, survivors.

Date: June 15, 2013 00:48

My feeling is that the "ghosts" have only themselves to blame for failing fatally at whatever Keith habit they attempted to emulate. Keith said of Chuck Berry, "If not for him, I might have been an accountant. Probably be better off!" I can say for myself that I stupidly fell for the hype when I was 15. If Keith shot dope, that was good enough for me. I bought a Dan Armstrong, played gigs with a cigarette dangling out of my mouth (even though I didn't smoke), got a fake cougar tooth earing, the whole bit. In short, I was an @#$%&. I survived to tell the tale, but not without several unfortunate missteps on my, and other Stones Clones' part. To this day, my 80 year-old mother says "The Rolling Stones ruined my family".

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home