Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 21
Re: Toronto-2 June 6 Stones show live updates
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 7, 2013 09:24

andrewt
Big crowd cheer after first line of the song,
People know this track and they are loving it.

They sound great!!!!!

I voted for Worried About YOU!...this and Midnight Rambler were the two real high points of the show for me...CYHMK also excellent. Miss You was surprisingly good as was Start Me Up. Gimme Shelter was good vocally...I think Keith suffered through this one though.

We had horrible seats behind the stage in the upper level and they came and moved our entire row to section 108 beside the stage row 12, slightly above eye level just before the show started...FANTASTIC vantage point. The show was obviously not nearly sold out, but looked pretty full nonetheless.

A lot of other great numbers too.

Tumbling Dice they can do with their eyes close and was fantastic.

Loved the Keith set, I couldn't have asked for two better songs, YGTS and BTMMR. Ronnie was excellent on acoustic and then on fire on BTMMR.

Rocks Off, possibly my favourite, certainly top 5 song they've ever recorded, they just can't play live...MJ messed up the lyrics but the whole thing was shambolic, but not in a good way at all.

IORR was rote, as was JJF and Satisfaction and Brown Sugar. SFTD, another favourite of mine just messy and here MJ wasn't vocally strong, even out of tune at times which I think is fairly rare. Regarding Keith's solo, I think I saw Ronnie doing the second solo so I do believe that's why it sounded so much better.

Overall an excellent show, certainly not the best I've seen but some stellar highlights for sure.

I did get the bad vibe between Mick and Keith...I don't see this continuing for a long time. Plus, they looked tired to me.

Mick Taylor and Ron Wood are both just great...love MT coming on stage during Satisfaction, strumming for awhile and then stopped playing and just started dancing. Hysterical.

I'd love to see them again but I'm quite sure this is the last time I'll have the opportunity.

A great night in Toronto...no guest, no problem.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 7, 2013 09:28

treaclefingers
andrewt

They sound great!!!!!

I voted for Worried About YOU!...this and Midnight Rambler were the two real high points of the show for me...CYHMK also excellent. Miss You was surprisingly good as was Start Me Up. Gimme Shelter was good vocally...I think Keith suffered through this one though.

We had horrible seats behind the stage in the upper level and they came and moved our entire row to section 108 beside the stage row 12, slightly above eye level just before the show started...FANTASTIC vantage point. The show was obviously not nearly sold out, but looked pretty full nonetheless.

Loved the Keith set, I couldn't have asked for two better songs, YGTS and BTMMR. Ronnie was excellent on acoustic and then on fire on BTMMR.

Rocks Off, possibly my favourite, certainly top 5 song they've ever recorded, they just can't play live...MJ messed up the lyrics but the whole thing was shambolic, but not in a good way at all.

IORR was rote, as was JJF and Satisfaction and Brown Sugar. SFTD, another favourite of mine just messy and here MJ wasn't vocally strong, even out of tune at times which I think is fairly rare. Regarding Keith's solo, I think I saw Ronnie doing the second solo so I do believe that's why it sounded so much better.

Overall an excellent show, certainly not the best I've seen but some stellar highlights for sure.

I did get the bad vibe between Mick and Keith...I don't see this continuing for a long time. Plus, they looked tired to me.

Mick Taylor and Ron Wood are both just great...love MT coming on stage during Satisfaction, strumming for awhile and then stopped playing and just started dancing. Hysterical.

I'd love to see them again but I'm quite sure this is the last time I'll have the opportunity.

Great review sounds like an awesome show
Keith has been great on his 2 songs glad to hear that continues
Hopefully the iciness between Keith and mick is because mick is in the doghouse over the Glastonbury TV debacle and poor guest choices ... They seemed more chummy a few weeks ago.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 7, 2013 09:36

Wow, TF. You actually went to a concert! Was it better than watching all these Youtube vids?

Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: June 7, 2013 09:37

Ya great night. Lisa was good on vocals tonight!!

[twitter.com]

Date: June 7, 2013 09:51

treaclefingers
andrewt

They sound great!!!!!

Thanks for the review, treacle! thumbs up

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 7, 2013 09:56

sonomastone
treaclefingers
andrewt

They sound great!!!!!

Hopefully the iciness between Keith and mick is because mick is in the doghouse over the Glastonbury TV debacle and poor guest choices ... They seemed more chummy a few weeks ago.

Could it be that that they are just more tired than they would have expected to be, and the iceness is partly because of that? The poor guest choices certainly can be a problem between them.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 7, 2013 10:06

GumbootCloggeroo
Great show. For me the highlight was that little snippet of Come On.

Yeah, you know, although it got instantly dropped, the highlight of the Nov. 25 O2 show for me was that they opened with I Wanna Be Your Man. Not the best opener, maybe, but an unforgettable moment.

(My copy of Come On was an ex-jukebox copy, for which I had to acquire a 45-adapter--as we now call them, and not easily acquired in the UK--and attached it to the record with blue duct tape. It's still there and I still play it.)

Date: June 7, 2013 10:08

rollingon
sonomastone
treaclefingers
andrewt

They sound great!!!!!

Could it be that that they are just more tired than they would have expected to be, and the iceness is partly because of that? The poor guest choices certainly can be a problem between them.

Mick broke the crust of the Shepherd's pie?

Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: June 7, 2013 10:19

SomeTorontoGirl
I found myself watching Charlie quite a bit - he's so solid, but I wonder why he wears earphones on Sympathy - does anyone know?

He has in-ear monitors so he can hear the backing track (percussion parts) and keep in time.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 7, 2013 10:43

Jesse
Did MT play on Rocks Off? Why was it bad?

Thanx.
How many of Jagger's "casual" fans know Rocks Off?Get rid of it and give us something else off Exile,preferably with MT.

Posted by: Ruskafarian ()
Date: June 7, 2013 10:43

Hey Gang - enjoy some pics from this evening's show... - it was an AWESOME one!

CHEERS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 10:44 by Ruskafarian.

Date: June 7, 2013 10:47

Thank You very much Ruskafarian!

Awesome!

thumbs up

smileys with beer

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 7, 2013 10:48

Ruskafarian
Hey Gang - enjoy some pics from this evening's show... - it was an AWESOME one!

CHEERS!

...WONDERFUL pictures, my friend.
Thanx!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 7, 2013 10:50

Thanks very much. Great pictures

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 7, 2013 10:50

Great pics, thanks for posting.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 7, 2013 10:52

Fabulous pictures!

bonddm
Jesse

Thanx.
How many of Jagger's "casual" fans know Rocks Off?Get rid of it and give us something else off Exile,preferably with MT.

What else off Exile would these supposedly casual fans know, that they're not already doing?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 7, 2013 10:58

Fantastic hi-res photos there, thank you! I can't get over how great Mick's voice sounds on Worried About You. Better than he has sounded in concert for a long time.

This chapter is just incredible because it is not really expected - to turn in such great performances at this age, after such a long hiatus. It just goes to show, It's not over til it's over.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 7, 2013 10:59

Aquamarine
Fabulous pictures!

bonddm
Jesse

Thanx.

What else off Exile would these supposedly casual fans know, that they're not already doing?
How many times do they manage to play Rocks Off without stuffing it up?Why not do Rip This Joint or Loving Cup?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 7, 2013 11:05

My tits are hard! grinning smiley
I want a tape of this show! smiling bouncing smiley

Thx to all of you who filled this thread (minus the a-hole with "thick skin" of course)

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 7, 2013 11:08

bonddm
Aquamarine
Fabulous pictures!

bonddm
Jesse

Thanx.

How many times do they manage to play Rocks Off without stuffing it up?Why not do Rip This Joint or Loving Cup?

Rocks Off is such a great song, they should rehearse it properly, obviously the haven't done that, Rip This Joint and Loving Cup are also excellent songs but they are not easy ones to play well live either.

Wonderful pics here, Keith's has the best shoe taste by far IMO, I would buy a pair of those if I knew they would available somewhere. Ronnie's sneakers are terrible!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 7, 2013 11:31

Ruskafarian

CHEERS!

Great photos!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 18:03 by bv.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 7, 2013 11:38

Yep, probably didn't have to quote the whole post though ;-)

@Ruskafarian - terrific pics indeed, thanks for sharing, what camera were you using, I'm on the market for a new one and I need to put yours on my list!

SomeTorontoGirl
Just back from the concert and WOW - what a difference from May 25th. First, this was a comment after I posted about the sound on May 25th. It was loud and muddy and I was nearly deaf for a week afterwards...

gotdablouse
For your ears for the 6th get yourself a pair of these "musician earplugs" : [www.amazon.com]

I got some after being made half deaf at the Trabendo last year, they basically turn the level down without filtering out frequencies like standard earplugs would do. Wish I'd known about them years ago!

OK gotdablouse - you rock! I got a pair of those earplugs and it was amazing, the difference. It was still loud, I was sitting under the same damn bank of speakers, but it was completely clear! I am never taking these earplugs out! Can't recommend them enough, and can't thank you enough for the tip. If you ever need a kidney, I'm O Neg.

Good to *hear* and glad I could help! I went to a Stone Roses concert on Tuesday and I realized after leaving home I had forgotten my earplugs! So I rushed to a little shop I know that sells them and that happens to be near the venue and got an extra pair. It wasn't that loud actually so I was able to remove them at times to soak in the atmosphere a bit better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 11:46 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: June 7, 2013 11:59

Great pictures, thanks for uploading them!!

Date: June 7, 2013 12:08

Great pics thumbs up

Date: June 7, 2013 12:08

Not too good, imo. Keith starts it way too slow, and Taylor is not doing a good solo...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 12:17 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 7, 2013 12:11

rollingon
sonomastone
treaclefingers
andrewt

They sound great!!!!!

or maybe KR's hostile interview in MoJo is the reason

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 7, 2013 12:15

what a great picture!

Date: June 7, 2013 12:16

Come on, proudmary! Let that one go now smiling smiley

Being on the road, you'll have good days and bad days, just like you would spending longer periods of time being close with anyone.

Date: June 7, 2013 12:16

proudmary
what a great picture!

Indeed! thumbs up

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 7, 2013 12:22

Thank you very much Ruskafarian for the wonderful photos!
Cheers!
thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1323
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home