Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jagger is a genius
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:47

I bet when The Stones release their album of live songs performed with some of the currently top selling artists (the guests on this tour) that The Stones (and Jagger) will have a top selling SMASH HIT album/CD/Download on their hands.

We Stones fans may not agree with some of these choices for guests, but there is no debating that they all sell a LOT of product and the perfromances have been pretty good and we already knew the songs they are singing on are great... so add that all together with the fans of the guests and how can it not be a SMASH HIT? Jagger is a genuis.

From Taylor... to Swift.... to GA GA.... to Katy, Bonnie, Taj and the rest... talk about wide appeal... WOW!!! it just might work!

PS
What made me think this might be the plan is how all of the guests are singing on different songs, it will make for a heck of a live Stones album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 04:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Re: Jagger is a genius
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 4, 2013 04:56

Actually, I'd rather they just have a hit in their own rite, if they must have a hit at all. Besides, I like to think of Stones fans--and rock n roll--as something outside the mainstream, which it certainly is these days in the present-day fluffy lightweight world of country and pop. And, most of all, I would rather that their next release simply be good, and that they relegate these guest artists--almost all of them I don't even listen to let alone own records by--to a separate disc rather than on the main disc. That's the trouble with the Shine A Light movie--it flows on just fine until all these guests show up and I need to grab the remote and fast-forward. With the exception of Buddy Guy, because that's a guest that makes sense and one who integrates himself with the players onstage and pushes the performance to an extra level.

I mean, Taylor Swift? That's like having a concert in 1965 and having Lesley Gore on. Musically, it just doesn't make sense.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:08

They are 70 year old men they aren't going to have pop hits. The sooner Jagger understands this the better off he will be.

Date: June 4, 2013 05:10

The "Duets thing" has been working for people, it has been selling...

And if indeed they release a live album with nothing but songs with these guests, every song a guest song (including Taylor)(both Mick and Swift) it will sound different.

I think we have enough regualar live Stones albums, so at least this one will be different..... and might I say, if they put ONLY the guests songs on the album, it will still be a great bunch of guys songs.

Date: June 4, 2013 05:11

James Kirk
They are 70 year old men they aren't going to have pop hits. The sooner Jagger understands this the better off he will be.

I guess we will just have to see... would you like to make a wager on this?
I would.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:12

stonehearted
I mean, Taylor Swift? That's like having a concert in 1965 and having Lesley Gore on. Musically, it just doesn't make sense.

The Stones and Lesley Gore both performed at The TAMI Show. Not together but....I'm just sayin'..........

P.S. - When it comes to picking guest stars, Jagger is a putz.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:20

Lesley Gore had no autotune and could sing.

Date: June 4, 2013 05:21

Roscoe
stonehearted

The Stones and Lesley Gore both performed at The TAMI Show. Not together but....I'm just sayin'..........

P.S. - When it comes to picking guest stars, Jagger is a putz.

Sure, but that was before they figured out how to match artists with their target audience, which promoters finally began to get right after 1967, after such pairings as The Who opening for Herman's Hermits and Jimi Hendrix opening for The Monkees.

The point is that The Stones stopped being merely another "pop" act in 1968, when they released Beggar's Banquet. Since then, they have been in a class by themselves, and their choice of guest artists--if they must have them--should reflect that.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:23

The trouble is the duets album will have multiple versions of "Gimme Shelter."

Date: June 4, 2013 05:25

Rocky Dijon
I thought only GAGA sang that one so far.... I have to go look foe the full track list.

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:25

Max'sKansasCity
I bet when The Stones release their album of live songs performed with some of the currently top selling artists (the guests on this tour) that The Stones (and Jagger) will have a top selling SMASH HIT album/CD/Download on their hands.

We Stones fans may not agree with some of these choices for guests, but there is no debating that they all sell a LOT of product and the perfromances have been pretty good and we already knew the songs they are singing on are great... so add that all together with the fans of the guests and how can it not be a SMASH HIT? Jagger is a genuis.

From Taylor... to Swift.... to GA GA.... to Katy, Bonnie, Taj and the rest... talk about wide appeal... WOW!!! it just might work!

PS
What made me think this might be the plan is how all of the guests are singing on different songs, it will make for a heck of a live Stones album.

That's really good thinking

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:27

The guests have screwed up the songs words and feel way too much to consider a release...but...of course the Stones aren't above a little overdub...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:32

James Kirk

Dylan had a number one album in his 70's. I beleive making him one of the oldest no. 1 seller (Toney Bennet has the record)

The Stones could do it! If they really put their heads together and make a relevant album, not just a bag of Stones cliches about women and sex. They could write and perform a heartfelt album about their lives, losses, and victories that could captivate their fans and bring in new fans as well.

Date: June 4, 2013 05:34

MrMonte
Max'sKansasCity

PS

That's really good thinking

Thank you smiling smiley

Looks like a helluva album... and counting....
even if they have to cut out the botched versions.

Wild Horses (with Gwen Stefani)
Little Red Rooster (with Tom Waits)
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
It's All Over Now (with John Fogerty)
Let It Bleed (with Bonnie Raitt)
Beast Of Burden (with Katy Perry)
Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)
Champagne & Reefer (with John Mayer)
Champagne and Reefer (with Eric Clapton)
Bitch (with Dave Grohl)
Can't You Hear Me Knocking (with Mick Taylor)
It's Only Rock'n Roll (with Carrie Underwood)
Six Days On The Road (with Taj Mahal)
All Down The Line (with Sheryl Crow)
Gimme Shelter (with Mary J. Blige)
Gimme Shelter (with Florence Welch)
Gimme Shelter (with Lady Gaga)
Going Down (with Jeff Beck)
Going Down (with Gary Clark, Jr)
Honky Tonk Women (with Bill Wyman)
Who Do You Love (with Black Keys)
Tumbling Dice (with Bruce Springsteen)
You Can't Always Get What You Want (with Choir)
Respectable (with John Mayer)
As tears go by (Taylor Swift)
... and counting....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 05:48 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: June 4, 2013 05:36

Rocky Dijon

You are correct Sir!

I guess they will just have to pick Florence Welch then... and dump the other two.

Gimme Shelter (with Mary J. Blige)
Gimme Shelter (with Florence Welch)
Gimme Shelter (with Lady Gaga)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:48

Max'sKansasCity

HOLD BACK. Who are you talking about when you say they? The guest artists or the Stones? The Stones USED to sell a lot of product. Less people would be interested in this kind of release than they were in the dismal GRRRR. The best thing they've released in the past, oh, ten years is LIVE IN TEXAS. That didn't come close to burning up the charts.

It should have.

The special guests are probably a severe attempt to lure average music fans ie fans of those artists like Taylor Swift etc to the shows; it won't sell records regardless of the format. Although it's probably closer to being an effort to seem/look relevant by having those guests. The Stones are not relevant except of themsevles. People aren't driving from New Orleans etc to Chicago to see whoever the special guest is, they're driving to see THE STONES.

And if this is the last time would YOU be satisfied with another live album of the same songs with guest artists to be the last official new live release by the Stones of their last tour?

I would fall for one more live album from the last tour...of The Rolling Stones, with Mick Taylor. The rest of 'em - no way. Not relevant. In any way.

Date: June 4, 2013 05:52

GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity

HOLD BACK. Who are you talking about when you say they? The guest artists or the Stones? The Stones USED to sell a lot of product. Less people would be interested in this kind of release than they were in the dismal GRRRR. The best thing they've released in the past, oh, ten years is LIVE IN TEXAS. That didn't come close to burning up the charts.

It should have.

The special guests are probably a severe attempt to lure average music fans ie fans of those artists like Taylor Swift etc to the shows; it won't sell records regardless of the format. Although it's probably closer to being an effort to seem/look relevant by having those guests. The Stones are not relevant except of themsevles. People aren't driving from New Orleans etc to Chicago to see whoever the special guest is, they're driving to see THE STONES.

And if this is the last time would YOU be satisfied with another live album of the same songs with guest artists to be the last official new live release by the Stones of their last tour?

I would fall for one more live album from the last tour...of The Rolling Stones, with Mick Taylor. The rest of 'em - no way. Not relevant. In any way.

This IS NOT the last time!! Why do people keep loving to predict that?
This 18-21 stops tour thingy could go on..... forever.

Date: June 4, 2013 05:56

Thyey finish this 18-21 stops... pause to master the live guests album/download/CD.... release it and then hit the road again... to South America... and to China... and AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!... then swing back through the states... this time going middle and low through Denver... Texas... into Florida.... and then to infinity and BEYOND!

Date: June 4, 2013 05:59

And dont forget I told ya so!!
LAST TIME SCHMLAST TIME!

Date: June 4, 2013 05:59

whitem8
James Kirk

Dylan had a number one album in his 70's. I beleive making him one of the oldest no. 1 seller (Toney Bennet has the record)

The Stones could do it! If they really put their heads together and make a relevant album, not just a bag of Stones cliches about women and sex. They could write and perform a heartfelt album about their lives, losses, and victories that could captivate their fans and bring in new fans as well.

The Stones already topped the album charts in 2010 with their Exile reissue, which also contained some "new" material. Not sure about the U.S. charts, but it was a U.K. #1. And they did this with only Mick Taylor as a "guest" artist.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:03

Max'sKansasCity
GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity

It should have.

This IS NOT the last time!! Why do people keep loving to predict that?
This 18-21 stops tour thingy could go on..... forever.

Did you not see that I said IF?

Oh wait. You did not. Nevermind.

You sound like MightyRollinWhackOLantern2.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:10

if shcmif

Date: June 4, 2013 06:12

Max'sKansasCity
if shcmif

Uh huh. Get over yourself. Stop being such a JumpinWhackOLamp.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:15

GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
if shcmif

Isnt it about time for you to change names again Dragon breath?

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 06:18

Max'sKansasCity

Yes, because imitating a marketing strategy that's older than Bing Crosby's upper plate of dentures is pure genius. What's next, day-later downloads of last night's concert? Yeah, pure adulterated fries-with-that genius.

Hopefully Toronto will be Keith's turn to pick.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Date: June 4, 2013 06:26

Max'sKansasCity
GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
if shcmif

How... OLantern of you.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:28

GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
if shcmif

How... OLantern of you.
yawn.... yeah, whatever junior.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:29

Max'sKansasCity
GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
if shcmif

How... OLantern of you.
yawn.... yeah, whatever junior.

How typical. Well whatever. Blather on with your fantasy fanboyism.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:30

yawn

Date: June 4, 2013 06:31

Max'sKansasCity
yawn

Go to sleep then. The people that are in reality will carry on while you have your little Justin Bieber/Taylor Swift/Mick Jagger dream.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home