Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jagger should take lessons from Iggy Pop - Iggy makes Jagger look like Mickey Mouse
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: May 20, 2013 19:05

The only reason Iggy hasnt been on stage with the Stones is simple ..he would wipe the floor with Jagger.

When it comes to stage performance - energy, danger and power of a perfomer..Iggy is still the king - Jagger should take some serious lessons from Iggy Pop - Iggy makes Jagger look like Mickey Mouse. If Stones should take lessons from someone that would be Iggy & The Stooges - Iggy is old as the Stones - nearly 70 years old - and still rockin harder.

Re: Jagger should take lessons from Iggy Pop - Iggy makes Jagger look like Mickey Mouse
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 20, 2013 19:08

Seitan, you need to research the word "artistry."

I've seen Iggy and Jagger many times in performance.

They are both unique and masters of what they do.

Artistry is NOT a contest.

Re: Jagger should take lessons from Iggy Pop - Iggy makes Jagger look like Mickey Mouse
Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 20, 2013 19:10

Iggy performs like Iggy
Jagger performs like Jagger
Dylan performs like Dylan
and so on..........

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 20, 2013 19:16

...what about Paul and Elton?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 20, 2013 19:16

seitan
The only reason Iggy hasnt been on stage with the Stones is simple ..he would wipe the floor with Jagger.
So I guess that's why they've never invited a janitor to join them on stage.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 20, 2013 19:18

seitan

When it comes to stage performance - energy, danger and power of a perfomer..Iggy is still the king - Jagger should take some serious lessons from Iggy Pop

So acc. to you a great performer who's nearly 70 is one who behaves onstage like a kid of 20? Sorry I don't buy it. Take Dylan : he's 72 he hardly moves onstage BUT his current tour is stunning.

And let's not forget Iggy spent the 90's and 00's playing an horrible fake/parodic hard rock music backed by horrible musicians... winking smiley

Youtube "Whitey Kirst" and you'll see... eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 19:21 by dcba.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: May 20, 2013 20:00

look at that kid still does mick jagger also on stage in 2013 ..... just that Iggy does it better and with more energy! Bob dylan has nothing to do ...

Date: May 20, 2013 20:18

dcba
seitan

When it comes to stage performance - energy, danger and power of a perfomer..Iggy is still the king - Jagger should take some serious lessons from Iggy Pop

So acc. to you a great performer who's nearly 70 is one who behaves onstage like a kid of 20? Sorry I don't buy it. Take Dylan : he's 72 he hardly moves onstage BUT his current tour is stunning.

And let's not forget Iggy spent the 90's and 00's playing an horrible fake/parodic hard rock music backed by horrible musicians... winking smiley

Youtube "Whitey Kirst" and you'll see... eye popping smiley

great performer who's nearly 70 and behaves onstage like a kid of 20? - How is that different from Jagger ?? - Only Iggy Pop does it better.

And lets not forget that jagger has been playing an horrible fake/parodic rock music backed by horrible musicians everytime he does something solo...Youtube "Superheavy" or " Lets Work" and you'll see... eye popping smiley
Dylan hardly moves onstage BUT his current tour is stunning - yeah, I could say the same about Keith Richards and Charlie Watts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 20:20 by seitan.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 20, 2013 20:36

Seen Iggy numerous times since 1990;
Ever since 2000 or so he became extremely fake.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 20, 2013 20:55

Come On
...what about Paul and Elton?

They also perform like Dylan.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 20, 2013 21:06

oh man that was my laugh for the day great post!!!

i dont know what was better, the big build up to the 8 minute video of iggy standing in one place singing or the fact that he's playing on a stage the size of the stones b-stage in front of 2000 people.

iggy has shared the stage with the stones by the way.he opened for them and was 3rd on the bill behind santana in detroit on the 81 tour.
despite the fact that iggy was in his home town of detroit he was pelted with garbage and laughed off the stage.
so much for wiping the floor with jagger,although they did have to wipe the floor BEFORE jagger because of all the trash the crowd had thrown at iggy.

and dont even try to tell me it didnt happen because i was there.

Date: May 20, 2013 22:06

lem motlow
oh man that was my laugh for the day great post!!!

i dont know what was better, the big build up to the 8 minute video of iggy standing in one place singing or the fact that he's playing on a stage the size of the stones b-stage in front of 2000 people.

iggy has shared the stage with the stones by the way.he opened for them and was 3rd on the bill behind santana in detroit on the 81 tour.
despite the fact that iggy was in his home town of detroit he was pelted with garbage and laughed off the stage.
so much for wiping the floor with jagger,although they did have to wipe the floor BEFORE jagger because of all the trash the crowd had thrown at iggy.

and dont even try to tell me it didnt happen because i was there.

Oh, I know it happened - it was the night when Keith and Iggy became friends, they both hated the audience and laughed at the reaction that Iggy had created. I own a copy of magazine with Keith's interview, where he talked about it. Iggy has said that it was a legendary show, cause he tried to get a strong reaction from the idiots in the crowd and he did. - Keith didnt care about the crowd either. Who would blame them - You have god awful boring Santana noodeling on and on and on..on the same bill and the same crowd dont like real rock n rollers like Iggy - speaks volumes. I guess the audience didnt like punk rock or rock n roll for that matter..

I've seen Iggy plenty of times and he's always been great, wicked sense of humour and better lyrics than Jaggers. Better performer on stage too. Well, Iggy hasnt changed that much - at the age of 70 he can pretty much give the same energy level on his shows than what he did in his 20's, you cant really say the same about The Stones.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 22:11 by seitan.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 20, 2013 22:11

One of THE greatest rock photos.

Date: May 20, 2013 22:15

Whaaaaaaaaat?..

Date: May 20, 2013 22:21

seitan

When it comes to stage performance - energy, danger and power of a perfomer..Iggy is still the king - Jagger should take some serious lessons from Iggy Pop - Iggy makes Jagger look like Mickey Mouse. If Stones should take lessons from someone that would be Iggy & The Stooges - Iggy is old as the Stones - nearly 70 years old - and still rockin harder.

That is just brilliant.

That's the way gigs used to be.

I was at a Slade gig once and everyone got on stage with them.

Also the Specials.

Mad and great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 22:24 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: HalloweenJack ()
Date: May 20, 2013 22:23

stonesrule
Seitan, you need to research the word "artistry."

I've seen Iggy and Jagger many times in performance.

They are both unique and masters of what they do.

Artistry is NOT a contest.

Thank You Stonesrule -- exactly!
No competing - just enjoy both...
The Stones and The Stooges are great in their own right
Mick and Iggy are great in their own right

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 22:26 by HalloweenJack.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 20, 2013 22:28

Mick doesn't need any lessons from anyone.

Date: May 20, 2013 22:31

Oh, I know it happened - it was the night when Keith and Iggy became friends, they both hated the audience and laughed at the reaction that Iggy had created. I own a copy of magazine with Keith's interview, where he talked about it. Iggy has said that it was a legendary show, cause he tried to get a strong reaction from the idiots in the crowd and he did. - Keith didnt care about the crowd either. Who would blame them - You have god awful boring Santana noodeling on and on and on..on the same bill and the same crowd dont like real rock n rollers like Iggy - speaks volumes. I guess the audience didnt like punk rock or rock n roll for that matter..

I've seen Iggy plenty of times and he's always been great, wicked sense of humour and better lyrics than Jaggers. Better performer on stage too. Well, Iggy hasnt changed that much - at the age of 70 he can pretty much give the same energy level on his shows than what he did in his 20's, you cant really say the same about The Stones.[/quote]

yes the 75000 people at that show were all idiots who didnt like rock and roll,that had to be it.

what the hell was iggy supposed to say after getting booed off the stage in his hometown.?

i like iggy,he's ok i've seen him play many times but he's not a bigtime act who could handle a crowd that size and he kinda blew it.

could you give me keiths qoute about hating the crowd? ,i dont think i've ever heard keith say he hated a crowd let alone one with 75,000 people in it.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: May 20, 2013 22:35

Beast

Amen.

Date: May 20, 2013 22:38

RG
Beast

Amen.

Mick has vocal lessons.

Date: May 20, 2013 22:40

GravityBoy
RG
Beast

Amen.

Mick has vocal lessons.

I bet Iggy hasn't...

Date: May 20, 2013 22:47

DandelionPowderman
GravityBoy
RG
Beast

Amen.

Mick has vocal lessons.

I bet Iggy hasn't...

I bet.

Date: May 20, 2013 23:31

I've seen Iggy plenty of times and he's always been great, wicked sense of humour and better lyrics than Jaggers. Better performer on stage too. Well, Iggy hasnt changed that much - at the age of 70 he can pretty much give the same energy level on his shows than what he did in his 20's, you cant really say the same about The Stones.[/quote]

lem motlow
yes the 75000 people at that show were all idiots who didnt like rock and roll,that had to be it.

what the hell was iggy supposed to say after getting booed off the stage in his hometown.?

i like iggy,he's ok i've seen him play many times but he's not a bigtime act who could handle a crowd that size and he kinda blew it.

could you give me keiths qoute about hating the crowd? ,i dont think i've ever heard keith say he hated a crowd let alone one with 75,000 people in it.
-----

Keith didnt say he hated all 75,000 people in it - he said he hated the ones who didnt care about real rock n roll and were booing at Iggy. I can try and find that article for you and I will post it, when I do.

I've seen Iggy on stage in front of big festival crowds and yes, he can handle big crowds just fine - but I guess the eighties were times when real rock n roll wasnt popular at all, my god - people were listening boring crap like Phil Collins and Duran Duran for christ sakes, and buying records from fake hairdo bands like Motley Crue and Poison - etc, etc, ...even Stones made Dirty Work and Undercover -that speaks volumes, during the eighties all the big bands sounded like mickey mouses with no balls and real rock n roll had gone underground, there was no real rock n roll in the mainstream during the early eighties. Everything had become sterile and clean, safe products and just plain fobbishness - that's why real dangerous music was getting boo hoo'd. I mean during the eighties people hated Nick Cave's band Birthday Party too, can you imagine ?? Everything had to be safe and lame for old hippies and young yuppies. I hated eighties. And still do. Worst time in the history of popular music.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 23:34 by seitan.

Date: May 20, 2013 23:37

GravityBoy
One of THE greatest rock photos.

Yeah, amazing !!!

Date: May 21, 2013 02:09

"Keith didnt say he hated all 75,000 people in it - he said he hated the ones who didnt care about real rock n roll and were booing at Iggy. I can try and find that article for you and I will post it, when I do."

-you're changing your story, and keith and iggy arent friends. they've talked a few times over the years when they ended up in the same room.i'm sure keith didnt think any of his owns fans didnt know what real rock and roll was because they didnt like the 3rd act on the bill.

"I've seen Iggy on stage in front of big festival crowds and yes, he can handle big crowds just fine - but I guess the eighties were times when real rock n roll wasnt popular at all"

-theres a difference between being the headliner on a stadium tour and having your performance evaluated on the front page of the news the next day and playing in front of a big crowd at a festival with a bunch of other groups..joan baez and sha na na did well at woodstock but i dont think you'll see them playing giants stadium.
its the difference between the big leagues and a club act.jaggers in the big league,iggys not.he's never had a number one album,never headlined a big tour.

" my god - people were listening boring crap like Phil Collins and Duran Duran for christ sakes, and buying records from fake hairdo bands like Motley Crue and Poison - etc, etc, ...even Stones made Dirty Work and Undercover -that speaks volumes, during the eighties all the big bands sounded like mickey mouses with no balls and real rock n roll had gone underground, there was no real rock n roll in the mainstream during the early eighties. Everything had become sterile and clean, safe products and just plain fobbishness - that's why real dangerous music was getting boo hoo'd. I mean during the eighties people hated Nick Cave's band Birthday Party too, can you imagine ?? Everything had to be safe and lame for old hippies and young yuppies. I hated eighties. And still do. Worst time in the history of popular music.[/quote]

-there has been boring music in every era.tattoo you,back in black,flick of the switch,october,unforgettable fire and appetite for destruction sounded pretty good.just to name a few.there is no such thing as "dangerous "music.its just music,ak 47s and rpgs are dangerous.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:27

seitan
Iggy Pop does it better

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:33

I like Iggy. He has always been fun and interesting.

But I am sorry, I am sick of "Stones Fans" bashing Mick.

Or Keith. Or Ronnie. Or Charlie.
And with respect, Mick Taylor.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:24

Is Iggy still in the opening video on the new tour? I think that speaks volumes about their mutual respect.

I once saw a list of Iggy's top 5 favorite songs -- #2: "2120 S. Michigan Ave."

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:25

I am from Detroit. I was at the Silverdome show with Iggy. I have seen Iggy 16 times throughout the years. I am a huge fan.
Iggy is Iggy. Perfect for his music.
Jagger is Jagger. Perfect for his music.

That is basically it.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:41

Rolling Hansie
seitan
Iggy Pop does it better

HAHAHAHA....thumbs up too funny... Lets do it again!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1153
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home