Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anaheim Pit Question
Posted by: Shanstone1 ()
Date: May 16, 2013 20:17

I am going to May 18 show in Anaheim. So this question is for people who got pit tickets for 15th. Do they allow you to bring food and drinks in the pit area Also I'm guessing there is a special restroom for people in the pit?

Anyone could help with pit info. would be greatly appreciated.

Shanstone.

Re: Anaheim Pit Question
Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 16, 2013 20:35

I was not in the Anaheim pit, but the pit in Newark for the 12/15 show. I assume the rules are the same.

Food and drink are permitted. (Assuming you refer to food/drink bought at the venue?)

And there was not special bathroom, you basically have to leave the pit and head to the nearest bathroom in the venue.

Again, I wasn't in the Anaheim pit, but 1) I assume they will not construct a bathroom on the floor of the arena, and 2) they definitely allow for drinks/food. In many pictures you can see fans holding up their beers in the pit!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 16, 2013 20:43

The pit is open. You can go in and out as many times as you like, as long as you have the wristband. And you can bring anything you have purchased like beers, food and so on. But please don't be up front with a large fast food meal screaming at Keith to do your favorite song, because he don't like to perform in a fast food restaurant...

Bjornulf

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 16, 2013 21:00

bv
The pit is open. You can go in and out as many times as you like, as long as you have the wristband. And you can bring anything you have purchased like beers, food and so on. But please don't be up front with a large fast food meal screaming at Keith to do your favorite song, because he don't like to perform in a fast food restaurant...

Thought that I read on the board that Echoplex used to be a Mexican restaurant.

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: May 16, 2013 21:19

If you leave your spot in the first couple of rows you're not likely to get back again!

Date: May 16, 2013 21:21

oldfan
If you leave your spot in the first couple of rows you're not likely to get back again!

Yes and no. If you make friends in the front then it is no problem to take a quick stroll before they are on. But I would not do it. If you are up front then you just stay there.

Bjornulf

Date: May 16, 2013 21:28

Fast Food. I'm guessing a burger will be about $15 so I'll call it gourmet food. I'm sure Keith's seen worse than a mouth full of food in his days. But I'll make sure I won't eat anything that will projectile very far. As long as I'm in the pit I don't care if it's front or back. But don't take away my beverage. Nothing better in life than listening to the Stones with a cold premium beer.

Thanks all for the info.

Shanstone.

Date: May 16, 2013 22:05

For those who don't have all the insight on Keith's fastfood anger. From Miami 2002:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 16, 2013 22:09

bv
For those who don't have all the insight on Keith's fastfood anger. From Miami 2002:

[www.iorr.org]

Well, no wonder, her food had *cheese* on it! cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 16, 2013 22:09

bv
as long as you have the wristband

Could you put up a photo? I´d like to see one. Thanks.

Date: May 16, 2013 22:26

TooTough
bv
as long as you have the wristband

Could you put up a photo? I´d like to see one. Thanks.

Bjornulf

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 16, 2013 22:36

bv

[www.iorr.org]

There is also the story of the "on stage burger" in Hamburg and "the frank sausage" in Franckfurt" that could explain Keith's dislike for food eaten to close to him when he performs.smiling smiley
Rock and roll,
Mops

Date: May 16, 2013 22:40

Well it is a rock'n'roll show. How can you stuff your mouth with nachos in the middle of B4 or Happy????

Bjornulf

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:29

I literally wore Depends to the Prince show at the Grove in case I got a good spot and didn't want to move. winking smiley worked out fairly well...

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:19

tnhybrid
I literally wore Depends to the Prince show at the Grove in case I got a good spot and didn't want to move. winking smiley worked out fairly well...
Totally grossed me out.tongue sticking out smiley

Date: May 17, 2013 00:27

I was there to see the Rolling Stones, but it's unbeliveable to me how so into each other people are in the Pit-of all places???!!!

They are constantly talking, laughing, taking phone calls, making calls, necking (Get a room ), spilling beer on everyone else except themselves, spilling drinks on the floor, taking pictures of each other and the people next to me were fighting over her being drunk. They are not watching the Stones!!

Now-the cool thing about it-for me- While all this is going on, I kept moving closer and closer to the stage. grinning smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:30

WindyHorses
spilling beer on everyone else except themselves, spilling drinks on the floor,

Hey...I apologized with a knowing look...yeeesh. Think how the beer feels about it...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:53

bv

Thanks!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 17, 2013 01:55

If I got a pit ticket, I'd trade it! I have no desire to stand for the entire time, get wet with idiots' beer, get pushed and shoved...been there, done that, it sucks!

Date: May 17, 2013 05:29

mickschix
If I got a pit ticket, I'd trade it! I have no desire to stand for the entire time, get wet with idiots' beer, get pushed and shoved...been there, done that, it sucks!

I think it's only rough at the front rail, it's not crowded half way back.
I saw Springsteen in 2003 and it was rough up front, I had to get out.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 17, 2013 05:35

It was nice being right up front in Oakland. If I were to do it a second time, I wouldn't mind taking it easy, walking around and enjoying the food and atmosphere, anywhere in the pit is great, and only the first few rows are packed.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 17, 2013 05:36

Actually this is late, but the Pit in Anaheim was very crowded compare to all other previous Shows we have seen.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 17, 2013 11:28

Grison
Actually this is late, but the Pit in Anaheim was very crowded compare to all other previous Shows we have seen.

This is good information. I think then that the best thing to do is line up early. You can always decide later that you would prefer to move around.

Date: May 17, 2013 19:44

Thanks for all the info. Appreciate it. So funny how everyone's experience in the pit is a little different. I guess it's all about perspective or what rubs people the wrong way when attending a concert.

Shanstone

Date: May 17, 2013 20:05

Shanstone1
Thanks for all the info. Appreciate it. So funny how everyone's experience in the pit is a little different. I guess it's all about perspective or what rubs people the wrong way when attending a concert.

Shanstone

One other thing, Shanstone. When Mick moves around the lip, people in the pit follow him because they are capturing on their phones, so you can move closer to the stage.
It's fluid in there, I found. Also make friends, so you can hold spots for each other when you need to go to the litter box.

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:56

WindyHorses
Shanstone1

Shanstone

One other thing, Shanstone. When Mick moves around the lip, people in the pit follow him because they are capturing on their phones, so you can move closer to the stage.
It's fluid in there, I found. Also make friends, so you can hold spots for each other when you need to go to the litter box.

Glad you had a good one, btw. Did it knock you on your a*s? (First show, in the TP)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1176
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home