Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Bill Wyman and the other Stones
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 7, 2013 00:13

Bliss
>>>I left that 20 years ago and the 30 years I was in the band was fantastic, but I've done other things. I did archaeology. I write books. I've got a successful restaurant. And I've got a beautiful family of three beautiful daughters and that's all I want in my life, you know?

Excuse me, you're also the bass player in an active touring and recording band, Bill. So what's so hard about reprising your role as the bass player in the world's greatest rock and roll band?

we've been through this before.bill has money,lots of it.- he doesnt need the stones.

so why would he travel halfway across the world,leave his home and his family to play two songs a night every four days with the stones?

he doesnt like to fly anyway,so unless there is an actual reunion of that version of the band with alot of cash involved,he's staying home.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 7, 2013 00:18

....wanna know all that he said in the Crossfire interviews ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 7, 2013 00:22

The point is - he is not in a bad relationsship with the other ones.

The complainers here on the board still try to say that he doesn't like Mick, Keith etc.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 7, 2013 18:34

Bliss
>>>I left that 20 years ago and the 30 years I was in the band was fantastic, but I've done other things. I did archaeology. I write books. I've got a successful restaurant. And I've got a beautiful family of three beautiful daughters and that's all I want in my life, you know?

Excuse me, you're also the bass player in an active touring and recording band, Bill. So what's so hard about reprising your role as the bass player in the world's greatest rock and roll band?

I gotta think its the Darryl Jones union contract...that thing is airtight except for HTW...that was left out and known as Bill's Bone amongst insiders...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:07

A quitter. No room for a "Best Stones Yet".

- Doxa

Bill Wyman interview Rolling Stone
Posted by: Martijnstone ()
Date: June 7, 2013 20:43

Q&A: Bill Wyman on His New Book and Life After the Rolling Stones

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com]
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Stones Used To Forge Each Other's Signatures???
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:33

Re: Stones Used To Forge Each Other's Signatures???
Date: June 8, 2013 02:41

Actually, there's footage of us signing things in the dressing rooms. We all tried to do it. And there were stacks and stacks of autographed books, programs to be signed, and we just used to grab a bunch each and sign everybody's name. We all learned to sign each other's signatures (laughs). Except for Charlie. He wouldn't sign anything. But me, Keith, Mick and Brian all could sign each other's autographs. When I see them now for sale, I know that, you know, two of them are not theirs – originals and all that. But it was the only way to do it, because you couldn't pass this stuff around. You didn't have time. You were onstage in 10 minutes.

-Bill Wyman

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 02:49 by tatters.

Date: June 8, 2013 02:48

Makes sense. Instead of passing a photo around and having all five guys sign it, one guy signs it, and then adds perfect (or near perfect) forgeries of the other four guys signatures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 02:48 by tatters.

Date: June 8, 2013 02:53

The Beatles probably did the same thing. I've heard stories about people asking George Harrison to sign a photo of the Beatles and having him hand it back to them with the signatures of all four Beatles.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:54

They did the same thing with girls..haha. Saves time looking!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:58

hot stuff
They did the same thing with girls..haha. Saves time looking!

So those Brian father claims were really Bill and Brian just made some not so nice tea?

That sly ol' dog!

Date: June 8, 2013 17:30

This important topic is worth two separate threads at least.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 8, 2013 17:38

I had a part-time, high school job working at the Civic Arena. A good friend of mine's family member worked for the Pens, for years.

How many times, items were dropped off to get autographed. He would sign them. Just making sure the first initials and jersey number were present.

After that, unless I see the person sign it. I'm assuming it is fake.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: June 8, 2013 17:38

Nothing new, i knew this before, The Beatles did the same.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 8, 2013 18:32

If you pay collector prices for any autographs you are taking a huge risk. Experts can review the item prior to purchase and if you buy from an auction house like Christie's, you are protected. Otherwise, it's buyer beware. A lot of early 60's Beatles items were signed by staff members and secretaries.

I have all four Beatles on legit items - John on a Bag One lithograph, George and Ringo on Genesis books, and Paul on an item he signed when I met him. Not the same as a genuine 60's item signed by all four, but I think it's just too risky.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 8, 2013 18:47

But but but.... isn't signatures of Jagger, Richards, Wyman and Jones - or even Watts - all made by Brian Jones an item valuable in its own from collectors perspective? "Look here is Mick Jagger's signature made by Brian Jones... There's not many of them around..."

- Doxa

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: June 8, 2013 19:20

Doxa
But but but.... isn't signatures of Jagger, Richards, Wyman and Jones - or even Watts - all made by Brian Jones an item valuable in its own from collectors perspective? "Look here is Mick Jagger's signature made by Brian Jones... There's not many of them around..."

- Doxa

Yes, i think so,.....if you can prove it's done by Brian's hand.
If you not get the autograph in person, the provenance is the most important thing.
Here is a signed pic of Keith signed in 2006. Comes from Keith's personal manager Jane Rose. See the envelope with the details. (Some details are blocked for privacy). A very good provenance.

Date: June 8, 2013 20:06

THWACK!!!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 20:19 by tatters.

Re: Bill Wyman interview - never again Stones...
Date: June 9, 2013 02:43

Why on earth would my thread about the Stones faking each other's autographs get lumped in with this one? Shouldn't it have gone into the "Crazy Complaints" thread?

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 9, 2013 05:03

Doxa
A quitter. No room for a "Best Stones Yet".

- Doxa

Problem is Doxa, you are debating with too often, a few dumb bells here - especially those that specialize in the "quitter" line of reasoning.

They're so thick it doesn't even occur to them that Bill Wyman actually retired. Or that the lead singer effectively "quit" the band for a few years.

When there is a Veterans Day Parade they call them Veterans; Its not a quitters day parade.

If its "50 and counting" the fact is Daryl Jones was not there for 50 years. He's a stand in for Bill Wyman and the band is poorer off for it, notwithstanding Daryl's talents or presumably fine personality.

I think you were right when you once said these are basically sports fan boys (and not really the smarter ones). They root for the uniform. Not really the players.

Re: Bill Wyman interview - never again Stones...
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 9, 2013 06:15

It's nice to hear that Bill is getting the same opinion from others like Tom Petty that Dylan gave originally. I guess Dylan and Petty are just blindly nostalgic, and deaf to the overwhelming talents of one Darryl Jones. I tell you what's crystal clear, Mick Jagger is running everything. There are no Rolling Stones anymore, per se. There is Mick, and then there is a small, tighter circle around him of Keith, Charlie and Ronnie, followed by everyone else. But make no mistake, the Rolling Stones' sun rises and sets around Mick Jagger now. He cracks the whip and the rest of them dance.

I think it's a bit of nonsense that the band is like an old girlfriend. I still think if the real Rolling Stones, Mick, Keith, Charlie, Bill, Ronnie and Mick got together under the Stones umbrella and made a studio album that it turn out to be very satisfying. But it's not going to happen. 70-year-old egos suck too.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home