Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 28
Re: "From The Vault"- Hampton 1981 on 3 November
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 15, 2014 11:37

flairville
Well it's certainly been cleaned up! Compared to the clip on the EagleRock Checkerboard Lounge DVD it's perfection. Roll on November.

Absolutely, I couldn't agree more it looks amazing, we should get a great look at the stage invasion with this level of resolution and quality, best we've had is 480p (officially) on YT until now. Awesome...."Idiot behaviour" I'm just keen to see Keith's swing connect with some more clarity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-15 11:38 by SKILLS.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 15, 2014 15:24

Is The camera angle The same as the well known tv broadcast? Can't see it because I am in China right now where YouTube is forbidden

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 15, 2014 15:57

I think the SHATTERED clip also shows different camera angles.

Posted by: alfstone ()
Date: September 15, 2014 20:32

Justin
Kevinrm15
From the upcoming DVD !

[www.youtube.com]

Looks and sounds great--thanks!

Video Overdubbed?? WTF look at 2:22 to 2.30.....back up vocals (this is the sound from Still Life, i mean overdubbed like the LP version, not the TV broadcast)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-15 21:04 by alfstone.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: September 15, 2014 21:19

alfstone
Justin
Kevinrm15
From the upcoming DVD !

[www.youtube.com]

Video Overdubbed?? WTF look at 2:22 to 2.30.....back up vocals (this is the sound from Still Life, i mean overdubbed like the LP version, not the TV broadcast)

Well noticed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-15 22:11 by vudicus.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 15, 2014 21:37

alfstone
Justin
Kevinrm15
From the upcoming DVD !

[www.youtube.com]

It's the exact audio from the official bootleg mixed by Clearmountain. This is the audio of the broadcast. All the guitar parts and vocals match perfectly with the video. The background vocals you hear during that part may have been added in the official bootleg or they mixed in Ian Mcclagan's vocals higher so it can be heard.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: September 16, 2014 00:29

LOOKS & SOUNDS FANTASTIC.. CANT WAIT.

Date: September 16, 2014 01:01

Justin
alfstone
Justin
Kevinrm15
From the upcoming DVD !

[www.youtube.com]

It's the exact audio from the official bootleg mixed by Clearmountain. This is the audio of the broadcast. All the guitar parts and vocals match perfectly with the video. The background vocals you hear during that part may have been added in the official bootleg or they mixed in Ian Mcclagan's vocals higher so it can be heard.

It's Mac.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 16, 2014 01:04

That's what I thought--thanks Dandy!

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: September 16, 2014 02:17

The clip sounds and looks great. It's got real presence, which is what I previously thought was lacking in what I've seen/heard of the era. This may well turn my opinion around on the '81-'82 tours like the Live in Texas DVD did with '78.

Date: September 16, 2014 08:38

Justin
That's what I thought--thanks Dandy!

Most likely Mac is the cue for when Keith and Ronnie should start singing. Look at how fast they are running to the mic after Mac starts grinning smiley

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: September 16, 2014 10:18

Price drop on blu ray.

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 16, 2014 12:12

Wow, that "Shattered" clip sounds awesome! This is going to be a great release!thumbs up

- Doxa

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: September 16, 2014 17:42

The Shattered clip is now a private video.

Looked and sounded great though!

Posted by: alfstone ()
Date: September 16, 2014 17:55

DandelionPowderman
Justin
alfstone
Justin
Kevinrm15
From the upcoming DVD !

[www.youtube.com]

It's Mac.

Then again try this

and look at 30:13, still can´t hear background vocals, can´t hear Mac. Although I remember "Blind Date 79" (the boot) where there´s a song were it was hard to say who was singing, Mac or Keith (always believed it was Keith and finally it was Mac (don´t remember what song....). But after years of having various bootlegs of Hampton, I never hear Mac on Shattered, maybe you´re right maybe not, but it looks strange in this new version.....
Anyway......Great release!!!!!, i´m dying to get it, and to get more shows "from the vault"

Date: September 16, 2014 18:16

alfstone

Then again try this

and look at 30:13, still can´t hear background vocals, can´t hear Mac. Although I remember "Blind Date 79" (the boot) where there´s a song were it was hard to say who was singing, Mac or Keith (always believed it was Keith and finally it was Mac (don´t remember what song....). But after years of having various bootlegs of Hampton, I never hear Mac on Shattered, maybe you´re right maybe not, but it looks strange in this new version.....
Anyway......Great release!!!!!, i´m dying to get it, and to get more shows "from the vault"

Don't give up so easily... The officially released show of Hampton (download) is not totally authentic either. There was some over-dubbing in vocals of "Time Is On My Side", especially concerning (Keith's lovely but rough and out of tune) background vocals. Who knows if this is the case with "Shattered" as well. My guess is that there are some STILL LIFE over-dubbing material available (or some already made alternate versions), and they might have used them. Wasn't "Shattered" of STILL LIFE also from that Hampton show, like "Time Is On My Side"?

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-16 18:20 by Doxa.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 16, 2014 18:26

alfstone
DandelionPowderman
Justin
alfstone
Justin
Kevinrm15
From the upcoming DVD !

[www.youtube.com]

It's Mac.

Then again try this

This could be because of The different mix...

Posted by: thijs1981 ()
Date: September 16, 2014 19:28

It's 100% Mac who's singing in the Shattered video. I doubt very much they'd go through the trouble of having Mac do overdubs, even at the time. It's just a different (better!) mix.

Date: September 16, 2014 22:25

alfstone
DandelionPowderman
Justin
alfstone
Justin
Kevinrm15
From the upcoming DVD !

[www.youtube.com]

They placed Mac's vocals higher in the mix. I have heard loads of 81-shows, and I know he cued Keith and Ronnie in to when they should start singing.

It's Mac.

Then again try this

Date: September 16, 2014 22:26

Doxa
alfstone

Then again try this

Don't give up so easily... The officially released show of Hampton (download) is not totally authentic either. There was some over-dubbing in vocals of "Time Is On My Side", especially concerning (Keith's lovely but rough and out of tune) background vocals. Who knows if this is the case with "Shattered" as well. My guess is that there are some STILL LIFE over-dubbing material available (or some already made alternate versions), and they might have used them. Wasn't "Shattered" of STILL LIFE also from that Hampton show, like "Time Is On My Side"?

- Doxa

The overdubbing was for Still Life, not for the Hampton-release?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 16, 2014 23:10

All I get is "Private Video" off that link.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: September 17, 2014 20:59

Can a japanese member of the forum translate the content of the TWO bonus CDs of the limited edition (again) on Ward Records? Another show from the tour???
I can read and see on the picture: Blue Ray, 2 CDs, 3LPs, another 2 CDs, T-shirt and booklet from the tour, so why two more CDs...
[wardrecords.com]

Thanks

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 17, 2014 22:03

Can someone confirm that the Google bootleg release from a couple years ago is from the same night as this release? December 18, correct? If so, I'll just pick up the DVD which is still fine by me!!

Date: September 17, 2014 22:11

DandelionPowderman

Yep. But I guess when Don Was doing the Hampton release he had probably the over-dubs for STILL LIFE available (or some already back then over-dubbed STILL LIFE tapes). (And since it is a case of the same concert, he most probably had the same recordings - the same very tapes - of which some songs of STILL LIFE were then made). That's about the only way to explain the "Time Is On My Side" mystery, since it does not have original vocals Keith sang that day(but very close to what he did in STILL LIFE).

As far as "Shattered" go, I think it is simply question of better mix, like argued here. The original broadcasted concert - the one we have all the bootleg versions - had a lot of problems in that front. No time back then to mix it 'correctly' I guess. BUt for STILL LIFE, and now for official HAMPTON(S), they had.

So as far as I am aware of, the vocals in "Time Is On My Side" is the only non-authentic thing in official Hampton release. But still makes me wonder, why that needed to be done?eye rolling smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-17 22:17 by Doxa.

Date: September 17, 2014 22:51

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Yep. But I guess when Don Was doing the Hampton release he had probably the over-dubs for STILL LIFE available (or some already back then over-dubbed STILL LIFE tapes). (And since it is a case of the same concert, he most probably had the same recordings - the same very tapes - of which some songs of STILL LIFE were then made). That's about the only way to explain the "Time Is On My Side" mystery, since it does not have original vocals Keith sang that day(but very close to what he did in STILL LIFE).

As far as "Shattered" go, I think it is simply question of better mix, like argued here. The original broadcasted concert - the one we have all the bootleg versions - had a lot of problems in that front. No time back then to mix it 'correctly' I guess. BUt for STILL LIFE, and now for official HAMPTON(S), they had.

So as far as I am aware of, the vocals in "Time Is On My Side" is the only non-authentic thing in official Hampton release. But still makes me wonder, why that needed to be done?eye rolling smiley

- Doxa

We can always check if the third guitar in LSTNT is still there... smiling smiley

Posted by: MuddyJaggrich ()
Date: September 20, 2014 10:39

Old 4:3, what a horrible format. Is LA also in that format?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 20, 2014 11:28

MuddyJaggrich
Old 4:3, what a horrible format. Is LA also in that format?

4:3 on the DVD. I cannot find any format details for the Blu-ray. As far as I found out LA isn't even available on Blu-ray.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 20, 2014 12:09

Ricky
Can a japanese member of the forum translate the content of the TWO bonus CDs of the limited edition (again) on Ward Records? Another show from the tour???
I can read and see on the picture: Blue Ray, 2 CDs, 3LPs, another 2 CDs, T-shirt and booklet from the tour, so why two more CDs...
[wardrecords.com]

Thanks

2 CDs=the same source as Google music.
another 2 CDs=just soundtrack of the entire video.(it is also saying that they've newly remastered in London for this limited box, thoughgrinning smiley)

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: September 21, 2014 00:58

OK. Many thanks Toru A.

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: September 23, 2014 05:17

Hampton now on Amazon US !!!

[www.amazon.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1713
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home