Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bad ticket sales
Posted by: EG1964 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:42

Really???? Sorry.... you dicheads that were waiting to hear, how the Stones cant sell tickets.... WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!

Re: Bad ticket sales
Posted by: EG1964 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:44

GREAT SHOW... PACKED HOUSE!!!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:49

EG1964

It was a great show!
..but the packed house was an illusion. The empties were spread out (thanks to the last minute 85s) so as you looked out into the crowd, it looked like a full house. In my section of $600+ seats (which I paid $85 for), there were at least 20 empty seats.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:39

BluzDude
EG1964

It was a great show!
..but the packed house was an illusion. The empties were spread out (thanks to the last minute 85s) so as you looked out into the crowd, it looked like a full house. In my section of $600+ seats (which I paid $85 for), there were at least 20 empty seats.

Glad you got great seats, bluzdude - yay!

hey, have you heard from Rockman smiling smiley

best
swiss

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:51

BluzDude
EG1964

It was a great show!

Glad you enjoyed the show. I really appreciated those rehearsal reports and thanks for being objective about the seating situation

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 4, 2013 16:20

BluzDude
EG1964

It was a great show!

They were stuck in the beer line.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 4, 2013 16:22

EG1964
Really???? Sorry.... you dicheads that were waiting to hear, how the Stones cant sell tickets.... WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!

Sir. Your cab has arrived...

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 4, 2013 16:26

Munichhilton
EG1964

Wait - how does this guy get the same title as Mick?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 4, 2013 16:29

uhbuhgullayew
Munichhilton
EG1964

It's important to be polite to those just passing through IORR...bv would want it that way

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 4, 2013 16:52

swiss
BluzDude
EG1964

It was a great show!

best
swiss

BD said in another thread be had driven him home after the show and that he got a good 103 seat.

Thanks BD for giving some objective info on the situation inside. 20 empty seats is a lot...did it put a damper at all on the fun as some feared it might?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 4, 2013 16:58

Munichhilton
uhbuhgullayew
Munichhilton
EG1964

It's important to be polite to those just passing through IORR...bv would want it that way

stop you guys...he's been a great example since 1964

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 4, 2013 19:10

I am not happy, thinking of a 2 hour wait in line just to get to the WILL CALL for the $85 tix but that might be just the typical L.A fogginess...but I am glad to hear folks got great seats for just $85! If is was not sold out, it might be easier to think about moving closer if I were to end up in a nosebleed.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 4, 2013 19:39

mickschix
I am not happy, thinking of a 2 hour wait in line just to get to the WILL CALL for the $85 tix but that might be just the typical L.A fogginess...but I am glad to hear folks got great seats for just $85! If is was not sold out, it might be easier to think about moving closer if I were to end up in a nosebleed.

That's what I was thinking mckschix. But as I am going to the last two shows in Philly, I have a feeling that those will be the ones that are sold out.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:03

gotdablouse
swiss
BluzDude
EG1964

It was a great show!

best
swiss

BD said in another thread be had driven him home after the show and that he got a good 103 seat.

Thanks BD for giving some objective info on the situation inside. 20 empty seats is a lot...did it put a damper at all on the fun as some feared it might?

No, not at all, because most of those seats were behind me, not only that but my section did a lot of sitting....and left before the encore, I guess that's typical of the "beautiful people" who go to a Stones concert just to say that they bought the most expensive seat and saw the Stones. Nobody asked me to sit down, so I was fine!

And yes, Rockman is on the was north. His travel mate boynamedsue69 does have access to the internet, so he should see these threads.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:42

As someone who was there last night, I can see it being a complete disaster if they hadn't resorted to the $85 ticket ploy. There would have been a gaping hole in the second $600 section on the floor. Of course they used the $85 gambit against people by opening up terrible sections in the nosebleeds at the last minute. I'm sure this will kill the luster on getting the $85 seats. And no, you can't go back into the crowd and sell them.

As it was, although it was a great concert, it didn't have that packed, sweaty feel. The PIT doesn't look like such a great idea when you see it from above. It looks like a lot of great seating area was taken up by that area.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:49

huh? the reason it "sold out" is because they flipped about another two thousand unsold seats to $85 at the last minute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 22:53 by mnewman505.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:52

EG1964

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:00

OK, they sold more $85 tickets at the last minute and filled the venue. So what? That does mean people were interested in the gig until the last minute, waiting for much better prices. But we have a fact here: some "experts" around, columnists and others, were anticipatating "half empty" venue, "explaining" (among other fooleries) why the Stones could not (!) offer cheaper tickets at the last day(s), as they were in the grip of their own tickets stragedy, blah, blah, blah. I 'm not defending this ticket stragedy, not at all. I 'm just saying that the simple reality made all these tiresom "experts" look like fools. Northing more, nothing less.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:39

If they tour again at these prices, will it depress early ticket sales even more, knowing you can gamble and maybe pay $85 and get a $600 seat at the fraction of the price?

I never thought interest in the Stones would decline enough that they would have to heavily discount tix to fill a 20,000 seat arena. But I also thought they would never be into such a money grab that they would try charging the prices they are.

It sounds like they had to use a lot of $85 tix to make it seem close to full.

I promoted concerts in the early 80s. I had a couple of bands who pushed me to report to the press that the their show was a 'sellout' even though it wasn't. Looks like the practice is still around.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:45

24FPS

As it was, although it was a great concert, it didn't have that packed, sweaty feel. The PIT doesn't look like such a great idea when you see it from above. It looks like a lot of great seating area was taken up by that area.

From the videos it feels like Stars On Ice.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:46

I love how everyone on this board is an expert about what songs to play, how tickets are sold etc. it goes on and on. I think the Stones know a little more about it than we do!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:50

slew
I love how everyone on this board is an expert about what songs to play, how tickets are sold etc. it goes on and on. I think the Stones know a little more about it than we do!

You JUST posted that they should drop Miss You from the setlist. >grinning smiley<

Date: May 5, 2013 01:52

Yes a personal opinion but a lot of people do like it and it is their last number one hit and a staple on radio. Personally i wish they would drop it but it gives me a chance to go and get rid of some of the beer.

Date: May 5, 2013 01:55

slew
Yes a personal opinion but a lot of people do like it and it is their last number one hit and a staple on radio. Personally i wish they would drop it but it gives me a chance to go and get rid of some of the beer.

Hey, Start Me Up was a No. 1 hit...in Australia.

Date: May 5, 2013 01:59

Nocode - I was not aware of that. I don't actually know the foreign charts except for the UK. SMU made number two here in the states. I still think that song is Keith's last great riff.

Date: May 5, 2013 02:01

slew
Nocode - I was not aware of that. I don't actually know the foreign charts except for the UK. SMU made number two here in the states. I still think that song is Keith's last great riff.

I know, I was just joking with you. I didn't know it either, I just looked it up because I thought for sure it had been a No. 1 either in the U.S. or U.K. I don't know if going to No. 1 in just any country makes it a "No. 1 Song", I guess it technically does. If they were an Australian band I guess I would consider it that way, I don't really know how that works. Kind of like calling something a "hit", kind of vague.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home