Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920
Current Page: 20 of 20
Re: Los Angeles May 3 Stones show live updates
Date: May 5, 2013 16:58

Braincapers
Sorry can't be bothered to read all 19 pages but I have one question, was their any interaction between Mick & Keith or better still warmth?

Good question. Hope somebody comes forward with the answer.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 5, 2013 17:04

MileHigh
Hate to sound like a nerd but it's amazing because most of the show is already up on YouTube.

It's nice to see them back but if you are an 'old timer' you know what kind of energy the Rolling Stones could bring to a concert venue in their prime. In that other era you didn't have the same kind of security either and that made rock shows more intimate and dangerous feeling.

I am sure the current experience is better live but when I look at the clips and look at the audience I am not really feeling any rock and roll/Rolling Stones magic.

The HD pay-per-view from late last year is a great document for this latest incarnatoion of the Rolling Stones. Your hard drive beckons.

I hope they release unsold tickets as $85 specials when they come to my town but I would not pay regular ticket prices - no way. I am still smarting because I missed them in 1972.

I love the Rolling Stones and when I listen to Rocks Off it still kicks me in the ass.

1972 isn't coming back anytime soon. prolly be at least 3 or 4 years.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 5, 2013 17:04

bv
If you need an "extra fix" like Mick Taylor on every song or smoking a joint or drinking tons of beer in order to enjoy the Stones then it is time to look into the mirror and see who is there... A guy looking for lost memories or a guy who still have plans for the future. Enjoy the shows!

My plans for the future are to keep looking for my lost memories. Anyway, with only two songs from the last 32 years in the setlist, it would seem that the Stones themselves invite that kind of nostalgia.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 17:54

Jumpingjack - What you want is not going to happen. Would be great but it's not going to happen. I do beleive we are seeing the last of the Rolling Stones now.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 5, 2013 19:53

JumpinJackOLantern
Braincapers
Sorry can't be bothered to read all 19 pages but I have one question, was their any interaction between Mick & Keith or better still warmth?

An early report mentioned Mick calling out Keith several times during his (slightly rambling) solo on Satisfaction but I can't really see that on the YT video...

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: May 5, 2013 21:05

Just watched a gorgeous rendition of Wild Horses with Gwen Stefani in LA, and Mick and Keith were in fine form...Once again proving the nattering naybgbs of negativism like tele71, et al, to be no nothing wa#%*rs, but somehow I expect them to keep right on with their usual posts...

Date: May 5, 2013 21:45

Haven't seen any thoughts on Doom and Gloom. Thought the live rendition Friday night was great. Better than the studio release.

Scotty

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 6, 2013 00:01

[email protected]
Haven't seen any thoughts on Doom and Gloom. Thought the live rendition Friday night was great. Better than the studio release.

Scotty

It was good. Nice audience reaction. Better than for One More Shot, which you couldn't help compare to AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long.

By the way, I think Keith's voice is a little better this time out.

Date: May 6, 2013 00:06

[email protected]

high praise indeed

Posted by: GRC ()
Date: May 6, 2013 00:50

Sorry to say but once you say someone had a small wee-wee in a book you're not going to be buddy buddy. smiling smiley

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:15

bv
If you need an "extra fix" like Mick Taylor on every song or smoking a joint or drinking tons of beer in order to enjoy the Stones then it is time to look into the mirror and see who is there... A guy looking for lost memories or a guy who still have plans for the future. Enjoy the shows!

Hey BV - it wasn't us who went on TV (Jimmie Fallon) and stated Taylor would be
included more then - one song... so I think I have every right to be a little
disapointed. Like I said, I enjoyed the Staples show, but wish Taylor might get a
little more time.
MLC

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:19

gotdablouse
JumpinJackOLantern
Braincapers

An early report mentioned Mick calling out Keith several times during his (slightly rambling) solo on Satisfaction but I can't really see that on the YT video...

They had a lot of interaction on satisfaction in Oakland.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:40

finally collected all my notes and comments in one place

[www.freewebs.com]

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 7, 2013 09:06

The entire show in audio form...

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 8, 2013 04:36

eddiefm
Keith Urban was rad.

I DVR'ed CONAN last night purely because the generally-unfamiliar-to-me Keith Urban was on and I thought he might talk about his Stones guest spot. I just watched the DVR minutes ago and Conan asked Urban about the Stones first thing, and Urban talked about Mick calling him and what the concert was like, and they showed a photo of Urban with the Stones. Then they went onto other things. Fairly short and sweet, but I'm glad I taped it. (I did a "Conan" search search here and saw no reference to Urban/Conan so thought I'd mention it.)

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 8, 2013 05:08

Gibson668
Posted by Naturalust

"As far as interaction and fun on stage, I'd prefer to hear the music tightly woven with aural interaction that see some feighned and disingenuious interaction just for the sake of it. These guys are way past spending fun time with each other off stage so why fake it for the show?"

That sort of defeats the object doesn't it?...Punters might as well sit at home and watch the DVD...

Get out and see some up and coming bands having a craic,,,

I hear you man , but the objective of a live show can also be the magic of the music, the loud live sound and the effect on the audience, as well as the proximity to the audience itself. If you could have seen the hotties it the row in front of me you would likely agree!

Totally agree about seeing up and coming bands, gotta find some new inspiration because this is probably the last major tour for the Stones, sadly. peace

Date: May 8, 2013 18:45

listening to the LA emotional rescue - any idea why bobby is playing the solo in a different key than the band?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 8, 2013 18:46

I can't believe we're still getting live updates from LA over a week since the show started!

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:00

Title5Take1
eddiefm
Keith Urban was rad.

I DVR'ed CONAN last night purely because the generally-unfamiliar-to-me Keith Urban was on and I thought he might talk about his Stones guest spot. I just watched the DVR minutes ago and Conan asked Urban about the Stones first thing, and Urban talked about Mick calling him and what the concert was like, and they showed a photo of Urban with the Stones. Then they went onto other things. Fairly short and sweet, but I'm glad I taped it. (I did a "Conan" search search here and saw no reference to Urban/Conan so thought I'd mention it.)

I don't watch Conan much but I tuned in when I found out Urban was on. It was a good segment and Conan was pretty funny. The old man jokes get old and tired sometimes but it was funny when Conan joked that Mick was 120 years old and had fought in the Civil War.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:21

FrankM
Title5Take1
eddiefm
Keith Urban was rad.

I don't watch Conan much but I tuned in when I found out Urban was on. It was a good segment and Conan was pretty funny. The old man jokes get old and tired sometimes but it was funny when Conan joked that Mick was 120 years old and had fought in the Civil War.

That's gold...love Conan.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:37

Can somebody who has been in the Tongue Pit in LA or Oakland please post a pic of your wristband please?

Date: May 8, 2013 19:43

stonesfelcher
Can somebody who has been in the Tongue Pit in LA or Oakland please post a pic of your wristband please?

counterfeit wristbands are illegal in most of the western united states...

Date: May 8, 2013 19:46

factory girl in set list

love it!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 8, 2013 20:42

treaclefingers
I can't believe we're still getting live updates from LA over a week since the show started!

These posts must be from people still stuck in the $85 ticket line!

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 8, 2013 22:25

pinkfloydthebarber
factory girl in set list

love it!

[www.youtube.com]

Much better than on Flashpoint!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 20, 2013 23:40

I've been on freeways and coast highways for the last two hours....any word on special guest tonight?

smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 23:41 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920
Current Page: 20 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home