Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 18 of 20
Re: Los Angeles May 3 Stones show live updates
Date: May 4, 2013 22:58

GRNRBITW
wait a sec - am i to understand that the reason taylor hasn't been formally invited back into the fold is because of his weight? i didn't realize his weight carried that much weight...

Just you "weight" and see!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:59

JumpinJackOLantern
GRNRBITW
wait a sec - am i to understand that the reason taylor hasn't been formally invited back into the fold is because of his weight? i didn't realize his weight carried that much weight...

Just you "weight" and see!

that's the hardest part...oh, sorry, wrong band....

Date: May 4, 2013 23:00

JumpinJackOLantern
Bliss
Nice to see Keith has lost the paunch and Mick Taylor is looking slimmer than he has in ages.

Just can't have pot bellied Rolling Stones! So good for Keith!

Beer bellied, yes. Pot bellied, no.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:01

gagi

Yikes!!! Is it just me but that sounded really awful, my ears hurt!!! eye popping smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: May 4, 2013 23:03

Time to go see if one of Seattle Slew's descendants can win today's Kentucky Derby! His great granddaughter won the Kentucky Oaks yesterday - the female version of the Kentucky Derby!

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:09

Emotional Rescue Was GREAT. You Tube Vudeos DO NOT DO JUSTICE for Daryl's Bass In That Song. In An Arena, It Was Extremely Fun To Dance To And I Think The Crowd Was In Full Swing For It. I Loved It And Hope They Play It On Every Show This Tour. I Thought It Was Miles Better Ghan Miss you

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:21

one of the prettiest melodies and Gwen butchered it.....wow...wheel Gaga back onto the stage for whatever it's worth Mick...just do it...

Re: Mick Taylor's talent being wasted
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:22

Max'sKansasCity
Naturalust

Hi Max! Mediocre because of Miss You, Start Me Up and a few too many over played war horses. I expected as much but still hardly a risk. I'd have preferred Rocks Off, Ventilator Blues with MT, and some California country-ish stuff, maybe 1000 Light Years from home and at least one never before heard song or jam to surprise and delight. I've just heard all those tunes played live so many times I was hoping for a change. Besides I always hated Emotional Rescue.., lol.

If Bill Wyman was playing bass I might have enjoyed the disco tunes for that fact alone!

I was just saying medicore might be the wrong term. I might suggest "middle of the road", "average good", "typical great Stones"... because we should know our Stones by now, and we know they are not going to play little known songs, so we (actually those of you who were lucky/skillfull/fortunate enough to be there)(you have no idea how much it suks for me to be missing these LA shows) should be just very happy to hear them playing any Stones songs at all. It is all bigger than a set list, It is bigger than.... well you know the deal.

Good to see you posting NL, happy all is well with you.

There in lies our quagmire. They insert two songs "Lady Jane" and "Factory Girl" and guess what, it really works. Not only does it work but they blow it away with ease. This tour should be a 30 song tour to accommodate such a mix of shorties. (songs under 3 minutes). Instead they opt for the run for bus line of warhorses that have staled this tour once again.

I hate to say it, but these Stones are the laziest bunch of musicians I've ever seen. To charge people hundreds of dollars and absolutely no diversity to their song list is just plain ignorant. Where is the fun and interaction on stage? It looks like a bunch of solo artists playing a benefit.

Posted by: ts ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:38

Gwen was certainly interesting.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:39

It was a little hard to tell from the MR video but was Mick Taylor wearing a t-shirt with Ronnie's tiger painting on it? Very cool, I love that picture, wish I had it!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: May 4, 2013 23:45

The Sicilian
I hate to say it, but these Stones are the laziest bunch of musicians I've ever seen.

this is where you and i differ. i love saying that.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:47

The Sicilian
Max'sKansasCity
Naturalust

Hi Max! Mediocre because of Miss You, Start Me Up and a few too many over played war horses. I expected as much but still hardly a risk. I'd have preferred Rocks Off, Ventilator Blues with MT, and some California country-ish stuff, maybe 1000 Light Years from home and at least one never before heard song or jam to surprise and delight. I've just heard all those tunes played live so many times I was hoping for a change. Besides I always hated Emotional Rescue.., lol.

If Bill Wyman was playing bass I might have enjoyed the disco tunes for that fact alone!

I was just saying medicore might be the wrong term. I might suggest "middle of the road", "average good", "typical great Stones"... because we should know our Stones by now, and we know they are not going to play little known songs, so we (actually those of you who were lucky/skillfull/fortunate enough to be there)(you have no idea how much it suks for me to be missing these LA shows) should be just very happy to hear them playing any Stones songs at all. It is all bigger than a set list, It is bigger than.... well you know the deal.

There in lies our quagmire. They insert two songs "Lady Jane" and "Factory Girl" and guess what, it really works. Not only does it work but they blow it away with ease. This tour should be a 30 song tour to accommodate such a mix of shorties. (songs under 3 minutes). Instead they opt for the run for bus line of warhorses that have staled this tour once again.

I hate to say it, but these Stones are the laziest bunch of musicians I've ever seen. To charge people hundreds of dollars and absolutely no diversity to their song list is just plain ignorant. Where is the fun and interaction on stage? It looks like a bunch of solo artists playing a benefit.

I love it when people aren't scared to stir it up a bit, damn. Although I'm glad he said it and I didn't. It was a highly entertaining show for me and
I'm guessin it was much better for the folks who had never seen these songs performed live many times before.

I'm also guessing that the BIG money involved probably prevents them in some ways from taking the risk of an unusual and diverse set list. It gets themt predictable good reviews and keeps the ticket sales strong for upcoming shows.

As far as interaction and fun on stage, I'd prefer to hear the music tightly woven with aural interaction that see some feighned and disingenuious interaction just for the sake of it. These guys are way past spending fun time with each other off stage so why fake it for the show? Anyway the energy and vibe of the audience was great and that's half the fun of a big rock show these days. People lettin' their freak flags fly is always a treat for me. peace

Posted by: ts ()
Date: May 5, 2013 00:08

The Rolling Stones... The Greatest Rock and Roll Band of all Time. Lived it Breathed it. And so forth and so on. Sincerely.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 00:55

Front row, center,pit

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:00

Factory Girl is pretty darn rare.

It's only been played 11 times, and only once since 1990...

Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA on May 3, 2013
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ, USA on October 16, 1997
Eriksberg Shipyard Docks, Gothenburg, Sweden on August 4, 1990
Maine Road, Manchester, England on July 21, 1990
Maine Road, Manchester, England on July 20, 1990
Wembley Stadium, London, England on July 6, 1990
Parc Des Princes, Paris, France on June 25, 1990
Olympiastadion, Munich, Germany on June 2, 1990
Müngersdorfer Stadion, Cologne, Germany on May 30, 1990
Waldstadion, Frankfurt, Germany on May 26, 1990
Niedersachsenstadion, Hanover, Germany on May 24, 1990

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:04

donnarq1
Front row, center,pit

Didn't the pit itself seem half full? From where I was sitting it looked like there was a lot of room for more people. When I realized you'd have to stand the whole damn evening I was glad I didn't get Pit seats. Basically it would have been like paying extra for Festival Seating.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:18

mnewman505
Factory Girl is pretty darn rare.

It's only been played 11 times, and only once since 1990...

Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA on May 3, 2013
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ, USA on October 16, 1997
Eriksberg Shipyard Docks, Gothenburg, Sweden on August 4, 1990
Maine Road, Manchester, England on July 21, 1990
Maine Road, Manchester, England on July 20, 1990
Wembley Stadium, London, England on July 6, 1990
Parc Des Princes, Paris, France on June 25, 1990
Olympiastadion, Munich, Germany on June 2, 1990
Müngersdorfer Stadion, Cologne, Germany on May 30, 1990
Waldstadion, Frankfurt, Germany on May 26, 1990
Niedersachsenstadion, Hanover, Germany on May 24, 1990

Looks like twice since 1990 according to the list.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:25

The Sicilian
Max'sKansasCity
Naturalust

It's not so much the so-called "warhorses" themselves, it's more the fact that The Stones have become so uninventive with the presentation of their songs. Whenever we hear the opening rhythms of SFTD, for instance, we know it's going to be played exactly the same as it has been for at least 20 years.

I have the mid-60s boot Live In Action, and there's a version of It's All Over Now from the London Palladium on 22 January 1967, and from start to finish it's done as a pastiche of a James Brown number, sounding like a completely different song when compared to its studio counterpart from 3 years earlier.

Their lack of creativity as performing musicians mirrors their declining output of new material in recent decades. While still good live, they are no longer willing to push themselves to new high points, relying instead on the safe treadmill method of paint by numbers.

It's All Over Now, London Palladium, 22 January 1967.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:43

Pushing themselves at 70 years old do you really think that they are going to stop doing what works pretty damn good for them. I beleive that they enjoy playing what they play and its raked in billions of dollars. Are you really expecting this band to push and create at this point??

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:45

donnarq1
Front row, center,pit

yes, we saw you on those screen shots of the pit smiling smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 5, 2013 01:50

slew
Pushing themselves at 70 years old do you really think that they are going to stop doing what works pretty damn good for them. I beleive that they enjoy playing what they play and its raked in billions of dollars. Are you really expecting this band to push and create at this point??

Yes. I mean, it would be nice, inspiring even. But, you're right, no.

I was merely highlighting what has been missing in recent years. Their output of albums, even into their 50s, used to make them more than just another old band from the 60s. They were cool, because they were a part of the present moment, always up to date. Now, they are just another anachronism, a time machine of troubadours to remind an ever aging audience of how life used to be....

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:06

donnarq1
Front row, center,pit

donnarq1, I think you said you bought a VIP pit?
What time did you get in line, and could you say more about how the process
went?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:11

It's great to know that so many of you who have posted in this thread are slim, handsome and authorities on health and music.

Maybe it's just me but I think the tacky and cruel remarks re Mick Taylor's weight are unnecessary. We know that he's had medical problems. Does the guy have to disappear or die to please you?

I'm disappointed in BV -- seemingly the ultimate Stones fan -- and his willingness to let the constant attacks on Mick Taylor go on and on and on...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 02:15 by stonesrule.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:14

Stonehearted - I'd love to see them make a few more albums but I think Mick and Keith just don't like each other enough anymore to go through the process and it is imperative for them to work together to get a really good Rolling Stones album. At their age I think they are okay with a moni tour that makes most people happy. i do think that AEG and the Stones screwed up with the prices but they proved that they will lower the costs to get people in. The Stones have made it to a level that not many people get to and they are not 28 living and breathing the rock and roll lifestyle. I am happy to go and see them play the soundtrack to my life twice more. I am bringing my 11 year old son to one of the shows he is stoked he loves them and he'll be able to tell his kids that he saw a legend. At least they don't look like retired baseball players at an old-timers game we always want our heroes or people that we loved in our youth to stay the way they were then but people change. The Stones appear to be playing the familiar with gusto and unlike some old bands they still look like they should be playing rock and roll. They have always looked like rockstars and we don't have rockstars anymore.

Date: May 5, 2013 02:18

stonesrule
It's great to know that so many of you who have posted in this thread are slim, handsome and authorities on health and music.

Maybe it's just me but I think the tacky and cruel remarks re Mick Taylor's weight are unnecessary. We know that he's had medical problems. Does the guy have to disappear or die to please you?

I'm disappointed in BV -- seemingly the ultimate Stones fan -- and his willingness to let the constant attacks on Mick Taylor go on and on and on...

i totally agree with you. bv sucks.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:37

If a post is offending then it is important to use the "Report This Message" under that post. I am a human being, not a machine or a team. It is impossible for me to read and understand each and every post.

Thanks!

Bjornulf

Date: May 5, 2013 02:46

i assume all my posts are offensive unless otherwise specified. thanks.

Date: May 5, 2013 03:00

So AEG's line about the final production set up freeing up some seats (terrible ones it appears) holds a bit of truth, but I'm wondering why so many seemed to be unobstructed views near the back of the 300 level sections all around the arena? Weren't these $150 seats the first to sell out? Would like to hear reports of how full the floor and close 100 level were. It seems like the majority of the day of $85 ticket drop would have to be located in the $600 zones. Also, any reports on if the scalper's sites prices dropped below face? It didn't look that way to me. I guess I'm looking for people's opinion on how full the house really seemed to be.
I've got my single $250(!) section 216 for here in L.V., not a one of my friends would drop the coin with me. Will do my usual cat and mouse with the MGM ushers and hopefully work my way down. At the March 4, 2006 show I ended smack dab behind Robert Plant, he is taller than you think, btw...

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:02

FirstTimeSeattle81
Also, any reports on if the scalper's sites prices dropped below face? It didn't look that way to me.

Check out StubHub ... lots of the $600 seats were going for $300-400 prior to the staples show, and that's currently true of the Oakland show (or was 12 hours ago haven't checked since then).

Date: May 5, 2013 03:10

The whole thing makes no damn sense! Why would AEG release VERY bad seats when it was VERY obvious that there were many seats in better sections that where unsold? Please, would someone who was there please explain who ended up down front in all those unsold seats? $85 is a freaking bargain to get to be at a Stones show, but it seems like someone decided to 'punish' the 'Salt of the Earth!'

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 18 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2141
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home