Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 20
Re: Los Angeles May 3 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:33

Love in Vain
Sway
CYHMK

with Taylor the following night. perfect!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:36

I see they did 23 songs,which is not bad for The Stones,but anyone know how long on stage? smoking smiley

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:40

Seems like an improvement in numbers for songs. Also Mick did excellent on Emotional Rescue.

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:40

JumpinJeppeFlash
Great set! People are never satisfied here and i'm very happy they only use MT on one song. He is a guest and nothing more. Looking good for future shows.

MT is a guest, but to say he's 'nothing more' doesn't really do justice to the man's contribution to their history..Why would they bring him out at all?..It's to put bums on seats thats why..and if you're going to wheel him out in the same way they wheel out 'GaGaUrban Bollox' who are as far removed from their history, and IMHO bring nothing more to the stage than I would If i got up there and joined in on one song, is a complete mystery...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 09:41 by Gibson668.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:41

So.. Mick Taylor.. one song?

Where is the sense in that?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:43

Gibson668
JumpinJeppeFlash
Great set! People are never satisfied here and i'm very happy they only use MT on one song. He is a guest and nothing more. Looking good for future shows.

MT is a guest, but to say he's 'nothing more' doesn't really do justice to the man's contribution to their history..

Understatement of the new millennium. grinning smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:44

Gibson668
JumpinJeppeFlash

MT is a guest, but to say he's 'nothing more' doesn't really do justice to the man's contribution to their history..Why would they bring him out at all?..It's to put bums on seats thats why..and if you're going to wheel him out in the same way they wheel out 'GaGaUrban Bollox' who are as far removed from their history, and IMHO bring nothing more to the stage than I would If i got up there and joined in on one song, is a complete mystery...

I wont debate this again. But to me he is nothing more than a guest, he is NOT a band member, Ronnie is. And i don't want MT on stage, i have my taste you have yours.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:46

Just woke up and I think I'm still dreaming.
Thanks for the updates.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:48

So lets see Mr.Taylor...while the bands on stage you'll refresh their drinks and cigarettes. Also you will assist with guitar tuning..then if the band feels like it, you will join them for a song. Do not linger onstage,exit the stage as soon as the song is over! Then go straight to the limo and wait for Chuck as you will drive him back to the hotel.... Really Keith! Mick Taylor is out on tour with you! Utilize the talent you have available and the guitar section might give Charlie a run for his money for a change buddy!

Date: May 4, 2013 09:49

JumpinJeppeFlash
Gibson668
JumpinJeppeFlash

I wont debate this again. But to me he is nothing more than a guest, he is NOT a band member, Ronnie is. And i don't want MT on stage, i have my taste you have yours.

It's not a question of 'taste'..It's a question of expectations..or in this instance 'No Expectations'..I'd be happy with with whatever..my point is that I think they could have missed the boat with this..Have a good day, It's Only Rock n Roll..

Posted by: SquealingTea ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:53

I recall reading on either this board or shidoobee that MT left rehearsals early recently because he wasn't feeling well. I wonder if that might be the reason he did only 1 song. If not, I think the Stones blundered big-time. Surely they must be aware of how beloved MT is and how many were hoping for more than 1 song (and Keith's Fallon interview only stoked the fire and made people hopeful). I'm not exactly a super-avid Taylorite but I really feel for those who are.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:53

Gibson668
JumpinJeppeFlash

I don't want to beat this to death and get into another Mick vs. Ronnie controversy, but unless I am mistaken, did Keith Richards not go on Jimmy Fallon a few weeks back and give the impression that Mick Taylor was going to have more of an active role on this tour? Two things occur to me, either that was a ruse/publicity stunt to get people in the seats or Keith Richards really just does not know what the hell he is talking about...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:58

Let's hope that all the Stones fansites and comments on twitter,facebook etc. reflect the fact that we want Mick Taylor on more than one song.

Hopefully the Stones camp will take notice by the next gig on Sunday night. smoking smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:59

How was Keith doing tonight? Was he sober? And another question to those of you in attendence, did Ronnie use that LP standard?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:03

Just got up.

Emotional Rescue? Nice. Did it work live?
Mick Taylor one song? Ok. He's not a Rolling Stone anymore. Live with it.
Keith Urban on the setlist? Cool! I always found him an excellent guitarplayer. Dying to see some vids.
3/4 of he set will always be warhorses. If they play them right, fine by me. I enjoyed them very much in London. And that's someyhing I couldn't really say on previous couple of tours.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:06

What does Mick Taylor do every night when he's not onstage.

Watch?

I suspect not.

I think it's mad.

Get him on there.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:07

Absolutely loved Emotional Rescue! Sounds like a great party down there when they played. I hope they keep it in the setlist!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: leftybill ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:13

I'm hoping there is video of Respectable - KU is an outstanding guitarist and that song has always been a fave of mine. Wish I could have been there ...... ( We Canadians love making fun of politicians and their wives grinning smiley ) And the event t-shirts - especially the one with the hockey puck on the tongue - looked GREAT!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 10:23 by leftybill.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:18

Great show, crap setlist. I mean c'mon, we've heard these same songs over and over and over. Emotional Rescue and Factory Girl were good, but that's it.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:22

THANKS FOR THE REPORTS ALL !

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:32

Gibson668
JumpinJeppeFlash

it's a business. they are in the business of selling tickets. it's called "show business" for a reason. taylor is there to sell tickets, and won't play the whole show because they have no reason to pay him to do it.

i was an unhappy rolling stones fan until i accepted that they are a business. a song like "can't you hear me knocking" does not hold the special meaning for them that it does to you or us. they didn't play it in their youth, listen to it late at night in dorm rooms, while copulating, while getting stoned for the first time. to them, it's just something they did one day at work 44 years ago.

i thought part of being a rolling stones fan was coming to terms with the fact that they run their affairs like a business, and being ok with it.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:32

Thanks so much for reports, can't wait for the videos. We know Mick (at least) is reading this so please everyone express your appreciation and constructive comments.

Dear Mick,

Thanks for a great show. I have some requests. Please allow Mick Taylor to perform on all of the pre-1974 material and include the following in the setlist

Sway, CYHMK, Moonlight Mile, Memory Motel, Hand of Fate, Torn and Frayed, Sweet Black Angel, Shine a Light, Ain't No Use in Crying, Monkey Man and Let It Bleed.

Yours with thanks,

Bliss

Posted by: Neighbours ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:35

thanks for the report

Date: May 4, 2013 10:39

Humour me..

Chuck Berry guest spot: Carol, Route 66, Little Queenie, etc etc..Crowd go wild, fan boards light up like a Christmas Tree...

Mick Taylor guest spot: Love in Vain, Star Star, Winter, Sway etc etc..Crowd go wild, fan boards light up like a Christmas Tree...

It's not about guitarist versus guitarist, it's about a musical legacy..

Oh, and money..sorry forgot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 10:40 by Gibson668.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:39

sonomastone
Gibson668
JumpinJeppeFlash

it's a business. they are in the business of selling tickets. it's called "show business" for a reason. taylor is there to sell tickets, and won't play the whole show because they have no reason to pay him to do it.

i was an unhappy rolling stones fan until i accepted that they are a business. a song like "can't you hear me knocking" does not hold the special meaning for them that it does to you or us. they didn't play it in their youth, listen to it late at night in dorm rooms, while copulating, while getting stoned for the first time. to them, it's just something they did one day at work 44 years ago.

i thought part of being a rolling stones fan was coming to terms with the fact that they run their affairs like a business, and being ok with it.
all your points are correct. Still, there's no reason to knock people who point out what a shame it is, how great it would be to hear him play on at least a few numbers. I mean Keith did say that was going to happen (I know, it was just a strong implication, and we all should know that Keith has no clue what goes on and it's all PR anyway, right?).

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:40

Thanks for the reports. I am not overwhelmed by this setlist (I prefer 'my' London#2/O2 one), just very surprised/pleased with Factory Girl. I never liked Emotional Rescue.
And like most of you, MT on just one song : ?!

Posted by: jiggysawdust ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:42

It's unbelievable that they let Mick Taylor sit backstage while they played "Honky Tonk Women," "Brown Sugar," etc., songs that he originally played on. Otherwise, show was really good except for Gwen Stefani fumbling "Wild Horses."

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:42

Rokyfan
sonomastone
Gibson668
JumpinJeppeFlash

it's a business.
they are in the business of selling tickets. it's called "show business" for a reason. taylor is there to sell tickets, and won't play the whole show because they have no reason to pay him to do it.

all your points are correct. Still, there's no reason to knock people who point out what a shame it is, how great it would be to hear him play on at least a few numbers. I mean Keith did say that was going to happen (I know, it was just a strong implication, and we all should know that Keith has no clue what goes on and it's all PR anyway, right?).

yes, you're right, no reason to knock anyone. i think it's a shame too actually. i was just responding to the comment that it was 'a mystery' that it turned out like this. shouldn't have been a mystery, just a shame, that's my opinion.

gold rings on you all - i can't wait until the show on sunday!

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:44

Great to hear ER, Darryl just nailed it. Great setlist and a realy good atmosphere in the venue! Can we just stop whining about Mick Taylor, just take it as it is, it`s great that he`s playing again with the boys.

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: May 4, 2013 10:57

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home