Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20
Re: Los Angeles May 3 Stones show live updates
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:00

gagi

the looks mick and keith give her when she butchers the lyric is amusing... sad that they have guests come on who don't even know the songs.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:02

Emotional Rescue sounds great even with the crappy audio on that video. Can't wait for a better quality video to surface.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:03

HI all, Just Getting Back To The Hotel. I'mSendingFromMyPhone, So ApologiEs In Advance, for The Strange Typing (Phone Is Not cooperating At All Right Now).
Great Show. I SawThemIn Newark, And They Sounded JustAs Good If Not Better. The Matching Band Was Great. Not As Powerful As The Drummers, But ItReally Set TheMood For Dancing. They Did A Horn Version Of satisfaction. Really Fun.
LetMe Bactrack A BiT AndStart Off BySaying I Got The $85 Tix , And I BoughtThem The Day They Went On Sale. I Arrived At Staples Center To A HUGE Line ThatWrapped Around Itself Twice. We Received An Email From AEG (Staples CenterTicketing) That Asked Us To Queue In Line For2 Box Office Ticket Counters. ThEre Were Approx 17 Ticket Counters, ButOnlyTwo Were Being Used For The $85 Tickets. I Think The Original Plan Was ToHave 1000 Tickets And 2 Box Office Windows. But, They CLEARLY Had Over $1000 , $85 TicketHolders WaitingInLine. I GotToTheStaples Center Around 7:45Pm, AndTheLiNe Was The Biggest Line I Have EveR Been In For A Show. As Normal Ticket Holder Traffic Died Down, They Opened Up MoreBox OfficeWindows And Therr Line Moved ALOT faster, I'd Even Go So Fat As To Day

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:04

Emotional Rescue. I f***ing despise that song, but I kinda respect the band for getting out of the ri comfort zone and trying this one. Sounds rather good on the video.

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:08

4th time seeing the Stones, I am 24. Was in Section 105. $85 tickets and got lucky. All my other friends with $85 special ended up in the 300's.

The boys absolutely crushed it tonight. I loved every minute of it and went with a friend who had never seen them before. He was blown away too.

Gimme Shelter was the best live version I've ever seen/heard. That song locked me into Stones World for the rest of the show.

Gwen Stefani -- I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. She missed every word in her verse for Wild Horses and Mick had to coach her the rest of the way through it! She was either nervous or had recently smoked crack.

Keith was on fire tonight as well, really had some great vocals for his songs too.

Mick was a bit looser tonight than normal. He tried to drag Charlie out and around the tongue pit cat walk lol. Mick also missed some lyrics here and there and I think that made the show special. Watching Mick recover from missteps with a big grin on his face is priceless. They are his songs so he can do them however he wants.

All and all this was a FANTASTIC SHOW. Hope all of you who were there enjoyed it. Those of you who couldn't make it, catch the Youtube Clips!

See ya in Anaheim!

MGShorr

Date: May 4, 2013 11:11

.. Continued
The Line Moved Very Quickly In The End, And We Were Inside By 8:30. Overall, The Experience Was Not Bad AtAll And The Staples Center Did A Great Job. The Show Started Around 9.
Now, When I Got ToThe Ticket Window, They Asked Me For My Confirm # AndMY.ID. THEY were NotVeryConcerned About ThE WhereAbouts of My "Guest", ButThen The Line Moved DirectlyInto The Building After I Got My Tickets Handed To Me In An Envelope. Then My Heart Started Beating And I Felt Like A Kid On Christmas Morning, opening A Gift. BOOM, I ZOPENEDMY ENVELOPEAND SAW section 107!!!!!
Now This It's Important B/c My BrotherAnd I Were Near The Back Of The Long Line B/c E GotThere Around 7:45Pm, We Were Late, SorryOf, And I Was Worried Sick We'd Get Nosebleeds, But, Turns Out, Tickets Were Random, And Even If You Were InThe Back Of The Line, You Could Still Hey Excellent Seats

Posted by: dennisdster ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:13

The lottery - got in line at 6, entered venue at 7:35. Nosebleeds in 305; buddy got 105, and three songs into the show, the two seats next to him were empty. We moved, security very lax, enjoyed $600 seats for the duration. I noticed after the show that the order number on our tickets was different from our order numbers given on our order confirmation; my friend noticed the same with his. My theory is that the whole $85 ticket distribution system became bogged down by the sheer numbers, and that any attempt to match tickets with orders was abandoned. The tickets seemed to me to be randomized by which window you went to.The people in front of us and behind us had nosebleeds, my friend went to a different window and was given the 105s.

OTOH, I thought it was a @#$%& monster of a show!

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:22

buffalo 81
if they plays "Emotional rescue" live, it would be it's first time, doesnt it?"

Are you Worzel Gummidge by any chance?

Date: May 4, 2013 11:25

Morekk Show Breakdown;
First For 4
Songs Were Much Like Newark, Very Good, But Newarks Paint It Black Was Better B/c It Was Flawless. Every SOng TonightWas Well Done. Highlight Of The Show, Mick Freaking Taylor, He Looked Relaxdd As Hell, And Played Beautifully , On Tempo, And On Key. GREAT JOB MICK TAYLOR. worst PArt Of The Show: Gwen Stephanie. She Sounded Bad At First Even Missed 75% Of Her Verse, But The Band Were Professional And Made Up For It. She Got Better As The Sing Went On And They Recovered The SOng FromWhat Looked Like What Could Have Been A Trainwreck. But That's Also Only BC We All Know The Sing So Well, From An Outsider, They May Have Enjoyed It..
EveryoneFrom My Section Danced . They Sat During Doom And Gloom And Ond More Shot. Miss You Got EveryoneOn ThEir Feet And They Didn't Stop Dancing. Factory Girl And Emotional Rescue Were Both So Great To Hear. As A Huve Stones Fan, I Liked Factory Girl, The Rendition Is Better Than The Live Version They DidIn The 90'S In MyOpiniin, More Acoustic, Sounded Lovely. Emotional Rescue Was Awesome. Can't Wait To Heart That One Line Again. ThinkIt Is Mode

Date: May 4, 2013 11:36

Showsles Was Packed, No Empties From What I CouldSee In The Lower Level. Keith Was Simply Flawless Up Until The Warhorses. He StumbledOn Satisfaction At The Beggining Solo, Then To My Ears,He Played Better When He Want In The Spotlight Then, Mick Noticed He Was Playing Really Well And Went Right Next To Keith And Egged Him To Play On. I Heard Mick Say Over And Over Again...Keith, Keith Keith, Maybe HeCould Have Been Saying Something Else, BuT Richards Looked Happy/ConfuseD/focused/And Emotional/ And Kept PayingA Very Nice SOlo. He Started Off Real Shaky, But Recovered Very Nicely. Ronnie Was Very Good On MR, there's A Part Where I Thought MT was Playing At The End, But It Was Actually Ronnie. Overall, Ronnie HaD Some Good Solos, And I Was Watching Him Closely, Maybe Too Closely Because Ronnie Killed It In Neaark (GreatIn Newark) Tonight He Did Not Let Me Down. I Thought The First Half Of The Show Kdith Stole The Show, He Didn't Miss A Note Until Some Doloing On The Warhorses. Ronnie Played Well. Mick Was Fresh, So His Voice Was On Point And The Staples Sound Meshdd Well On Get Off My Cloud(Eginning) His Mic Was NOt Working Correctly. Daryl Jones Was Awesone Tonight! AC/DC Bobby Too, The Band Is Oiled Up Right Now, Only Thing We Can Hope For Is They Get Goid Rest On Between Sows

Posted by: EG1964 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:36

What a great show!!! Cant wait for Philly.....one more in Chicago... then HOME... PHILLY!!!!!!!!! This tour is going to be amazing!!!!

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:38

Just got home from a solid show. Really wanted to see Taylor play with them for myself and that was awesome. Nice to hear a never before played song, but Emotional Rescue? A weak song from one of their weakest albums. But the crowd seemed to enjoy it. A lot of fans must originate from that era. Other than that, everyone on stage was smiling and on fire. Haven't heard Keith play so well in years, Ronnie too. I had an $85 ticket, center stage section 200, a very respectable seat. So, definitely no complaints, as it was a strong show as well as the last time I will get to see the greatest rock and roll band live (although I said that 6 years ago, so who knows.

Hope everyone there had as good a time as I did. Accentuate the positive, since you can always quibble about human beings occasionally botching some lyrics or starting out a song as flat as a pancake (lol). Tonight, they were the greatest band in the world.

And the queen is bravely shouting,
"What the hell is going on?"

Posted by: Mojoworkin ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:39

I've been seeing them live since 1975 and probably at least a couple dozen times...and I went to the Echoplex show. Previously, that was the best time I've ever had at a Stones show, but tonight they really really killed it. I've seen lackluster versions of BS, HTW, etc. many times, but tonight every song had energy and life. Mick was ON and so were Keith and Ronnie. I was screaming my head off the entire time and was exhausted by the end but Mick kept going with more energy than I had...and I"m a fitness professional! This will go down as my best night ever especially since the Stones had the good sense to re-schedule this show to be on my birthday! Certainly my best birthday EVER!!smiling bouncing smiley Except for Gwen Stefani eye rolling smiley it was PERFECTION!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:42

Great info, everyone!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 11:43 by Bliss.

Posted by: SquealingTea ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:49

dennisdster
The lottery - got in line at 6, entered venue at 7:35. Nosebleeds in 305; buddy got 105, and three songs into the show, the two seats next to him were empty. We moved, security very lax, enjoyed $600 seats for the duration. I noticed after the show that the order number on our tickets was different from our order numbers given on our order confirmation; my friend noticed the same with his. My theory is that the whole $85 ticket distribution system became bogged down by the sheer numbers, and that any attempt to match tickets with orders was abandoned. The tickets seemed to me to be randomized by which window you went to.The people in front of us and behind us had nosebleeds, my friend went to a different window and was given the 105s.

OTOH, I thought it was a @#$%& monster of a show!

Thanks for the report. Just wondering - when did you buy your $85 tix and when did your buddy buy his?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:53

Man!!! I thought they played today.....so I missed the whole excitement of last nightconfused smiley.
Thanks all for the great info.......

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: May 4, 2013 11:55

Thanks for posting setlists etc. I gotta wait 9 weeks til Hyde Park. Man that is gonna drag!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 4, 2013 12:04

Sighunt
Gibson668
Got up early here in the UK..hoped to see more than one song with (Mick Taylor) after it in the set list..They have/had so many ways of playing this, IMHO, B Stage, Mini-Set, Acoustic Mini Set, that could have showcased the great songs they have in their canon,,We're not talking about some 'poodle haired; Rock Band..we're talking about The Rolling Stones, one of the greatest (and last of their generation) bands of all time..and to trot out Emotional Rescue,although interesting, is a shameful waste of their legacy.
There are surely enough of us left that cherish the older, probably more obscure songs, that would have sounded fantastic, and not bored the pants off those in the audience who hadn't heard them before..Shame really..It all promised so much..

I am quite sure that for the "uninitiated" who were there tonight, they were probably satisfied and entertained, but I have to say that for myself, I am a bit disappointed that Mick Taylor was utilized for one song. All I was expecting was maybe a three song mini-set utilizing his talents-certainly not the whole show. I haven't bought tickets to Toronto yet and tonight's show may sway me to stay home...

My feelings too. I would have been happy with MR, LIV and SFM for example but one is a let down. I'm even more concerned that if it's only one they might rotate it with CYHMK and so MR is gone that night. It's their best live song imo. The setlist looks structured so that Factory Girl/Emotional Rescue/Respectable can be varied and everything else is pretty much fixed which doesn't make much room for more Taylor.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 4, 2013 12:05

When I remember how tired they seemed to be at some shows in Europe back in 2007, I think it's quite impressive if they keep playing 23 songs every night with that tight tour schedule. I don't know what happened, but somehow the Stones seems to be in better shape.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 4, 2013 12:06

bye bye johnny

The view from the Tongue pit #stones50 #fillingup

@RollingStones

Interesting, it seems they've added some protection for the catwalk in the back of the pit, for the 2012 shows (at least in London) there was none and people could put this arms on the catwalk, which seemed odd/dangerous!

So show started at 6.01 and ended at 8.20 CET it seems?

@Mojoworkin - best stones show ever, eh ? ;-) That's always how I feel after the lastest one I've seen, Oakland 2002, Trabendo 2012, O2/1 2012...then I want more pretty quickly ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 12:08 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 4, 2013 12:12

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 4, 2013 12:21

sonomastone
gagi

the looks mick and keith give her when she butchers the lyric is amusing... sad that they have guests come on who don't even know the songs.

Maybe nerves got the better of her but even if she hadn't fluffed it she has absolutely nothing to add to that song. Nothing personal, no other guest would either. When will the Stones realise the only "guest" we want is Taylor?

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 4, 2013 12:26

I'm a little tired-- just got home from Staples Center-- its been a long day of boozing and fun times--so this will be a short review.

Nevertheless, this was an AWESOME show. The band sounded great; very tight and lively. Plus, loud (at least where I was at). How the hell is Mick Jagger 69? Seriously, this dude can move. PEOPLE: ENJOY THIS GUY WHILE THIS LASTS!!! I was looking at FAR younger people in the audience barely able to stand for an entire show (that's a different topic: "How the hell do you sit at a Stones show...SERIOUSLY?"). Keith and Ronnie are looking in excellent shape. Charlie is in his own right ageless too.

Emotional Rescue received an amazing response. I was pretty stoked to hear Factory Girl. All in all, the band really sounded great. I know that I'm a bit biased being a huge fan, but I sincerely feel that they sounded awesome tonight.

My $85.00 ticket experience was a good one. I was in the Premier section, which included a VIP entrance and a very mellow bar with an outdoor patio. Even better, the seats were excellent and the sound was great.

Everyone: check yourself when you feel the need to complain. This ride with the Stones is going to end soon. Please enjoy it to the max. Please. Life is short.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 4, 2013 12:32

StonesSoCal
I'm a little tired-- just got home from Staples Center-- its been a long day of boozing and fun times--so this will be a short review.

Nevertheless, this was an AWESOME show. The band sounded great; very tight and lively. Plus, loud (at least where I was at). How the hell is Mick Jagger 69? Seriously, this dude can move. PEOPLE: ENJOY THIS GUY WHILE THIS LASTS!!! I was looking at FAR younger people in the audience barely able to stand for an entire show (that's a different topic: "How the hell do you sit at a Stones show...SERIOUSLY?"). Keith and Ronnie are looking in excellent shape. Charlie is in his own right ageless too.

Emotional Rescue received an amazing response. I was pretty stoked to hear Factory Girl. All in all, the band really sounded great. I know that I'm a bit biased being a huge fan, but I sincerely feel that they sounded awesome tonight.

My $85.00 ticket experience was a good one. I was in the Premier section, which included a VIP entrance and a very mellow bar with an outdoor patio. Even better, the seats were excellent and the sound was great.

Everyone: check yourself when you feel the need to complain. This ride with the Stones is going to end soon. Please enjoy it to the max. Please. Life is short.

We must have been in the same sectiondrinking smiley

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 12:36

NICOS

Genius noodling, Ron. It suits the song. Weeks of rehearsals and practise do the trick.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: May 4, 2013 12:53

hey what's wrong with Gwen's performance?
she's much better than Cui Jian's trial at the Bigger Bang tour which totally sucked
...anyway she's still a fu**in' hot chick spinning smiley sticking its tongue out and even wearing a tongue shirt cool smiley

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:02

It's probably been said already but I can't be bothered to search through the whole thread....Did Lisa F do vocals on Gimme Shelter??

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:03

yes, sounded great.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:22

sonomastone
yes, sounded great.

Cheers. Thank God

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:26

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1639
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home