Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 26
Re: LA Rehearsals
Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 18, 2013 14:20

Rolling Hansie
henrik87
Here is what they rehearsed last night

Thanks for letting us know.

...and how exactly would he know what they rehearsed?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 18, 2013 14:24

treaclefingers
Vocalion
gotdablouse
Yes, I can't believe the drivel that makes up 90% of this thread, some people really have no shame...I admire bv's patience!

Anyway, thanks for that picture, pretty much impossible to use it as a clue though unless someone's been to that exact place before. I'm still in SF for three days so technically a round trip to LA is possible...

Well, if you see that KansasCityDude posting in a thread, you know it's gonna be a long line of quoting with no info at all. He needs the qoute back to confirm he matters around here.

You're opening yourself to a world of hurt Vocalion...I'm going to stand back now and watch the fireworks.

Thanks treacle, but as you can tell by the nonsense posts it makes, that poster is not worth the effort. Maybe if their posts made some sense, but they usually dont. They are just one of these random goofs who show up out of the blue, when the Stones make the news and start screaming for attention with their blah blah "look at me" nonsense BS (see above), and it is not really worth the key board strokes.

Date: April 18, 2013 14:26

Sixsixseveneight
Rolling Hansie
henrik87

He is there listening.

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 18, 2013 14:28

Max'sKansasCity
Sixsixseveneight
Rolling Hansie
henrik87

He is there listening.

Wow, talk about creepy...

Date: April 18, 2013 14:29

Or helpful, depending on your attitude.

Date: April 18, 2013 14:30

I appreciate the people who are there letting us know what going on. smileys with beer

Date: April 18, 2013 14:34

thumbs up

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 18, 2013 15:11

Credit to Dan (ijwthstd) for the list. Didn't include it here, but did elsewhere:

4/17 Rehearsal

Thanks to henrik87 for reposting.

Date: April 18, 2013 15:13

bye bye johnny
Credit to Dan (ijwthstd) for the list. Didn't include it here, but did elsewhere:

4/17 Rehearsal

Thanks to henrik87 for reposting.

cool cool. Thank You Stones Fans over at Rocks Off, much appreciated.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: April 18, 2013 15:26

liddas

Or I Heard It Through The Grapevine with an extended solo section as was done by CCR. I Heard It Through The Grapevine is one of my fav songs ever!

Maybe John Fogerty will join them for the California sets.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 18, 2013 15:29

Yeah thanks for posting. Great to some great Sticky Fingers stuff. Taylor made for the 50th shows! What I would give to see Mick Taylor on Can't You Hear Me Knocking, and hopefully Ronnie and Keith play the heavy rhythm in tandem.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: April 18, 2013 15:40

Let's hope they play Moonlight Mile often on this tour. It was great in 99 and they rehearsed it heavily in Paris last year. It could be the perfect song for Mick Taylor.

Date: April 18, 2013 16:48

A couple of nods to MT yesterday. Will be nice to see what's rehearsed once he arrives.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 18, 2013 17:07

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Vocalion
gotdablouse
Yes, I can't believe the drivel that makes up 90% of this thread, some people really have no shame...I admire bv's patience!

Anyway, thanks for that picture, pretty much impossible to use it as a clue though unless someone's been to that exact place before. I'm still in SF for three days so technically a round trip to LA is possible...

Well, if you see that KansasCityDude posting in a thread, you know it's gonna be a long line of quoting with no info at all. He needs the qoute back to confirm he matters around here.

You're opening yourself to a world of hurt Vocalion...I'm going to stand back now and watch the fireworks.

Thanks treacle, but as you can tell by the nonsense posts it makes, that poster is not worth the effort. Maybe if their posts made some sense, but they usually dont. They are just one of these random goofs who show up out of the blue, when the Stones make the news and start screaming for attention with their blah blah "look at me" nonsense BS (see above), and it is not really worth the key board strokes.

Ahhhhhh...yer getting soft...where's the fire Max...the FIRE I've seen before?

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: April 18, 2013 17:20

Fool to Cry + Memory Motel
and Midnight Rambler + CYHMK with Mick Taylor...
I just can't find a better setlist with those 4 songs!!!

Benjamin.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 18, 2013 17:25

There's no point in getting excited over songs they've rehearsed when we all know that they most likely won't be playing any of the interesting songs come show time.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: April 18, 2013 17:30

Don't forget Sway.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 18, 2013 17:32

GumbootCloggeroo
There's no point in getting excited over songs they've rehearsed when we all know that they most likely won't be playing any of the interesting songs come show time.

I'd venture that CYHMK is a sure bet, but some others will most likely end up being one-offs during the first few shows and then dropped. That's usually how it goes.

I sure hope since Paul McCartney is rehearsing next door he ends up guesting at one of the LA shows.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 18, 2013 17:33

It'd be great to see Taylor play on tracks recorded after he left the band. Imagine him soloing on "Some Girls" or OOControl...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 18, 2013 17:34

benstones

Star Star?? With Taylor... Could be fun!

Date: April 18, 2013 17:45

gimmelittledrink
Don't forget Sway.

I never liked Sway in live... Because for me, the best version is and will always be the original. One time would be good but not every night!

Benjamin.

Date: April 18, 2013 17:47

flacnvinyl
benstones

Star Star?? With Taylor... Could be fun!

Yes, of course, but only if I have MR and CYHMK!!! With Mick T. those two songs are one of the best (I even want to the THE BEST songs).

Benjamin.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 18, 2013 17:54

benstones
gimmelittledrink
Don't forget Sway.

I never liked Sway in live... Because for me, the best version is and will always be the original. One time would be good but not every night!

never? NEVER? All those HANDFUL of times?

ok...i agree it didn't work live...but I assume the band would unleash taylor this time? you ever hear the live version of done by taylor with carla olson and ian mclagan? OMG! it's known affectionately in my circle of stones friends as "mick taylor's revenge on the stones."

Date: April 18, 2013 18:00

From drummer Abe Laboriel Jr:

It isn't everyday that you leave a McCartney rehearsal & stumble into a Stones rehearsal! #angie #startmeup #donthate : ) >

[twitter.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:30

andrewt
GumbootCloggeroo

I'd venture that CYHMK is a sure bet, but some others will most likely end up being one-offs during the first few shows and then dropped. That's usually how it goes.

I sure hope since Paul McCartney is rehearsing next door he ends up guesting at one of the LA shows.

Highly doubtful, McCartney's tour starts on the 4th in Brazil.

Date: April 18, 2013 18:33

Suggested Mick Taylor mid-show set...Rocks Off, Star Star, Can't you hear me knocking, Time Waits for No One, Rambler.

How about that?

Date: April 18, 2013 18:38

MCDDTLC
I-E-Mailed one of Taylor's friends out here in LA

Might Mick's friend have an ETA?

Date: April 18, 2013 18:39

He only plays rhythm on Star Star. Good version on Brussels, though.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:50

Taylor this and Taylor that, he aint that great anymore even if some of you think he is god. I aint one of those, now let's see whos going to attack me first?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 18, 2013 18:51

JumpinJeppeFlash
Taylor this and Taylor that, he aint that great anymore even if some of you think he is god. I aint one of those, now let's see whos going to attack me first?

MOFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 26

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home