Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Time Waits For None in setilist
Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: April 12, 2013 04:05

So what does everyone think? I think adding this classic to the setlist with Mick T would be awesome!!! Do it boys!!!

Re: Time Waits For None in setilist
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 12, 2013 04:18

Moonlight Mile

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 12, 2013 04:43

On IORR that would be controversial, as the keyboard playing figures prominently in the song's final minutes.... So how do you think Chuck will handle the Nicky Hopkins part? It won't sound the same, even with Mick T on board.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: April 12, 2013 07:27

Fine with me if it "works" to play it live. Some good songs just never really lift off. Some songs surprise by being better when done live, like Out of Control, I would also recommend Can you hear the music and Luxory in more of a reagge style like when they played it in 1975. And i would love to hear Through the Lonely Nights followed up with 100 Years ago.

Date: April 12, 2013 10:35

stonehearted
On IORR that would be controversial, as the keyboard playing figures prominently in the song's final minutes.... So how do you think Chuck will handle the Nicky Hopkins part? It won't sound the same, even with Mick T on board.

He did pretty good on She's A Rainbow on the B2B-tour, but he needs a REAL piano. I just can't stop stressing that!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 12, 2013 11:30

flacnvinyl
Moonlight Mile

And/or a bunch of Exile tunes? ADTL and Rocks Off for the arenas, and the lesser-known Ventilator Blues and "SBDown" for the club(s)?

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: April 12, 2013 11:41

dcba
flacnvinyl
Moonlight Mile

And/or a bunch of Exile tunes? ADTL and Rocks Off for the arenas, and the lesser-known Ventilator Blues and "SBDown" for the club(s)?

For what clubs?? Did I miss something?

Date: April 12, 2013 11:42

dcba
flacnvinyl
Moonlight Mile

I really like Rocks Off, but when it's sung an octave down, like on recent tours, it just isn't that exciting, imo.

Posted by: CalGonz ()
Date: April 12, 2013 12:01

stonehearted

Agreed...Nicky Hopkins contribution is key to the final stages of the track.

The moment when his piano moves into the foreground is one of the finest moments in their entire canon.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 12, 2013 13:33

I'd like Stop Breaking Down - especially knowing after Jerry Hall's book what a special place this song has in Mick's heart

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 12, 2013 14:00

DandelionPowderman
stonehearted

He did pretty good on She's A Rainbow on the B2B-tour, but he needs a REAL piano. I just can't stop stressing that!

I've never understood why with the large production budget the Stones have there isn't a concert grand on stage, even if it only gets used on a couple of numbers.

Posted by: CalGonz ()
Date: April 12, 2013 14:07

Indeed. It's absolutely baffling. The only explanation is that Chuck Leavell is a bell-end.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 12, 2013 16:17

stonehearted

I have no doubts Chuck could play that. Whether he could have come up with it in the first place is another question.

All he needs to do his turn his volume and treble knob down and it will be ok..

He is talented.

He's not a Rolling Stone though :-)

Date: April 12, 2013 16:20

andrewt
I've never understood why with the large production budget the Stones have there isn't a concert grand on stage, even if it only gets used on a couple of numbers.

It's in case Elton John turns up... "Sorry Elton, no can do...."

Date: April 12, 2013 16:21

CalGonz
Agreed...Nicky Hopkins contribution is key to the final stages of the track.

The moment when his piano moves into the foreground is one of the finest moments in their entire canon.

Totally agree.. it's a beautiful passage.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 12, 2013 16:26

DandelionPowderman
stonehearted

That's a fact.. Even the crummy indie bands have real pianos. Chuck is Mr. Piano, stick a Steinway in the truck...

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: April 12, 2013 18:01

stonehearted

Many songs sound different from the records, that's what concerts are all about.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 12, 2013 19:53

Brilliant,hope to hell they play TWFNO, Taylor's masterpeice. So poignant too,

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 20:04

I'm not so sure this song would work live. There's only one way to find out I suppose.

Posted by: MickyG ()
Date: April 12, 2013 20:06

stargroover
Brilliant,hope to hell they play TWFNO, Taylor's masterpeice. So poignant too,
Could not agree more, got to go with this guys.This really could be spectacular!

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 21:43

I love Keith, but I'd rather hear Taylor doing Time Waits for No One
Than hear Keith doing Tom Waits for No One Knows I'm Gone.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 12, 2013 21:59

I love this place when a tour is on, and when I have tickets! I just want to amen what everyone is saying. DandelionPowderman is right about Rocks Off. The best versions were back in 72 and I don't see them returning to that style any time soon.

And man, I wish Chuck would play a real piano. Sure its a pain to move and tune, but they sound so good and we the fans would love it! I think attitudes might change...

Ballads are not what we are clamouring for though... Sway, CYHMK, Star Star, She's So Cold... We want the rockers that don't get played to death at every show.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: April 12, 2013 22:19

Don't know about the US shows but as far as Glastonbury goes there's no chance. I'd hazard a guess and say about 95% of that audience wouldn't know that song if it bit them in the arse. 80% at Hyde Park!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 22:34

I'd rather gimme shelter done well than time waits for no one done badly. That assumes it won't be great live which we can only guess about right now. Maybe its best left as an album track.

Posted by: fredlynn19 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 22:55

this song live would be worth a lot more than the price of a ticket

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 12, 2013 23:05

The thing about the prospect of doing TWFNO live is that, on this tour with MT aboard, it might actually happen.

It would fit in with the "something we've never done before" ethos Mick likes to apply regarding the performance of obscure songs in concert.

Because, to date, I don't believe they've ever played that one in concert. And pulling it off well would be a real challenge--and if successful, it could be a concert highlight and really infuse the remainder of the show with great enthusiasm from the band.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 13, 2013 01:05

DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman
stonehearted

That's a fact.. Even the crummy indie bands have real pianos. Chuck is Mr. Piano, stick a Steinway in the truck...

There is no substitue for a real piano. I have to use a yamaha at my gigs, and even though it's decent enough, it's not the same AT ALL. It's like comparing a digital drumkit to a real one.

If Muse, Coldplay, Paul McCartney, Deathcab for Cutie can do it... why not Chuck? I'm sure his over-all playing sound would be much, much better; even the biggest Chuck-haters wouldn't be able to argue that.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 13, 2013 01:28

No, no and no again.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: April 13, 2013 01:48

Listened to Time... Today. It would be great, mick on acoustic, maybe another acoustic or two weaving electrics. Mick T. Would be great. I think the challenge is in the singing. I am no judge, but that seem like a tough song to sing. The recorded version is a real testament to MJ outstanding and,I think, singing abilities. Try it guys.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2013 02:20

camper88
I love Keith, but I'd rather hear Taylor doing Time Waits for No One
Than hear Keith doing Tom Waits for No One Knows I'm Gone.

genius

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1682
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home