Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick asked for setlist help...perhaps it's easier to say which songs you don't need to hear live again
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:10

For me, songs I don't need to hear live again,....

Tumbling dice......please no....not again
Sympathy for the devil
Start me up
Miss you,
Ruby Tuesday
Bitch
Wild horses
All down the line
Dead flowers
Live with me
Street fighting man
Let's spend the night togethor
You can't always get what you want
And....probably not even Satisfaction..........
Lastly, even though I do ike it, I still reckon 'You got me rocking's had it's day too.................

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 02:47 by EddieByword.

Re: Mick asked for selist help...perhaps it's easier to say which songs 'you' don't need to hear again live......
Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:13

Miss You, You Got Me Rocking and Sad Sad Sad

Re: Mick asked for setlist help...perhaps it's easier to say which songs 'you' don't need to hear again live......
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:22

I'm not alone regarding Tumblin' Dice. Except I do tolerate it in Las Vegas, for obvious reasons. (Love them in Vegas, too.) At least let's not hear it on anymore live albums.

Re: Mick asked for selist help...perhaps it's easier to say which songs 'you' don't need to hear again live......
Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:31

slew
You Got Me Rocking

Re: Mick asked for setlist help...perhaps it's easier to say which songs you don't need to hear again live......
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:33

At this point, it doesn't really matter so much what they play--because you know it's going to be greatest hits for the many casual fans and first-timers--but merely that they play well.

Re: Mick asked for setlist help...perhaps it's easier to say which songs you don't need to hear again live......
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:48

PLEASE, skip MISS YOU!! You can also skip Satisfaction, Tumbling Dice, & Sympathy, as long as you add some really deep cuts. As far as I'm concerned, I would be thrilled with most tracks on EXILE. Shine A Light, my dream song, Let It Loose, Sweet Black Angel, Ventalator Blues, and Moonlight Mile off of SF. Thanks!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:06

I love Tumbling Dice, its a show highlight. But, yeah, no hard core fan likes Miss You, as far as I can tell. How can you list Ruby Tuesday? RT is one of their best songs ever and they don't play it that much. All Down the Line and Live With Me are good tracks, but they've been played enough on stage, considering all the great songs gathering dust in the wings.

Posted by: jackdog ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:30

Start Me up, Brown Sugar, Honky Tonk Woman and Miss You.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:33

......Miss You??...really???...pipe dream...Miss You is as big as the biggest of their hits...Some Girls sold 11M copies...forget it.

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:34

I'm a diehard fan who's seeing them for the first time in Toronto and I'd be fine with them not playing Miss You, Wild Horses, and the awful Start Me Up.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:42

Please, no Satisfaction, no Miss You, no Time is on my Side, no Brown Sugar (unless it's played in the correct way) and nothing, absolutly nothing from ABB.

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:08

Are you guys assuming it's gonna be a similar set to last year's shows?

1. Cloud
2. Last Time/Wanna Be Your Man
3. Only R+R
4. Paint It
5. Gimme
6. Horses
7. Cover
8. One or two random songs
9. Doom and Gloom
10. One More Shot
11. Miss You
12. Honky Tonk
13. Before They Make Me (or other Keith song)
14. Happy
15. Midnight Rambler
16. Start
17. Tumbling
18. Sugar
19. Devil

20. Jack Flash
21. YCAGWYW
22. Satisfaction

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:15

You Got Me Rocking
Rock And A Hard Place
Any of those blues numbers they do with "special guest" guitarists. Boring.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:25

Send It To me
I love Tumbling Dice, its a show highlight. But, yeah, no hard core fan likes Miss You, as far as I can tell. How can you list Ruby Tuesday? RT is one of their best songs ever and they don't play it that much. All Down the Line and Live With Me are good tracks, but they've been played enough on stage, considering all the great songs gathering dust in the wings.

For me some songs have found their place never to be bettered, I agree it hasn't been done that much since 1989/90 but I think that even when it has been it's never been done better or better placed in a setlist than when Mick sung it in that romanticised 18th century dandy 3/4 coat complete with cuffs and frills then.
Same with Heartbreaker and Monkey man, to me they found their place in the Voodoo Lounge setlist, brilliant and never bettered in terms of playing and placement in a setlist since.
Anyway, that's how, Ruby Tuesday of Steel wheels/Urban jungle was perfect in time and context.
Sometimes it seems to me that setlists (up to 2003 when I think about it) seem like trains with all the carriages linked togethor and when it moves the whole thing flows but since then they seem a bit like lots individual carriages all lined up one after the other but not joined.
Maybe just a matter of perception ....I remember people shouting for Ruby Tuesday at Knebworth, in 89/90 they finally got it.......(it's not that I don't like it......great song......

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 01:10 by EddieByword.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:28

Wouldn't like to see "All Down The Line" be discarded.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:37

Omit:

Let It Bleed
Miss You
Infamy
Sympathy

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:07

crumbling_mice
no Time is on my Side

Time was played at one show in 98 I think, and apart from that hasn't been played since 81-82. Before that, they hadn't played it since 66. It's hardly been worn out.

I always love Dice. Could really do without Miss You and especially Sympathy.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:15

Agree on Tumbling Dice, Brown Sugar, and Honky Tonk.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:56

I would love to hear reworked versions of some of the warhorses. Basically, I'd like to hear Sympathy, Satisfaction and IORR done in a manner that is loyal to the studio versions. That would be amazing

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 8, 2013 02:03

For The Hype Park gig it would be nice if they could play "I'm free". It is a great song, fantastic groove when the set up is an outdoor concert.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Date: April 8, 2013 02:24

DrBryant, I completely agree.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 8, 2013 02:40

Skip Sympathy, Miss You and Midnight Rambler, and if yer gonna play hits from before 1968, see to the same lightness of touch as the studio versions, please!

Date: April 8, 2013 03:30

Agree re "I'm Free"...a crowd pleaser, I think.

Re: Mick asked for setlist help...perhaps it's easier to say which songs you don't need to hear live again
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 8, 2013 03:53

It probably doesn't matter. I speak the unspeakable and say 90% of the people going are fans only in the sense that they like the Stones songs they know from being endlessly looped on pre-formatted corporate radio networks for the last 20 years, since those stations became ubiquitous.

So might as well play Miss You.

But they really don't have what it takes to do justice to Sympathy and YCAGWYW as set pieces anymore so they should just give up on those.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 03:56 by andrewt.

Re: Mick asked for setlist help...perhaps it's easier to say which songs you don't need to hear live again
Posted by: steini ()
Date: April 8, 2013 10:16

Are you kidding ...of cource not come to think of it many of the fans on this site find it easy but surprisingly entertaining to be negative, so best way was to turn the question aroundsmiling smiley.
There is one thing you should remember and that is if the band will play like they pleyed on the last show in december 2012 the set list doesn´t matter and also if the band is not ON then set list looking good on computer screen will at the show likely do no justice.
But one last thing... "You got me rocking now" is a deadsin.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 8, 2013 11:02

Skip Midnight Rambler? Blasphemy! Its their best guitar song!

Date: April 8, 2013 11:07

For people, who find it entertaining to be positive, there are also three threads, just in case they haven't noticed yet:

SetList for Glastonbury
Set list: Mick Jagger says, he's open to our suggestions. Any ideas? (For people without Twitter) - not Glastonbury specific
Set Lists and Song Requests for Mick Jagger - the same, not Glastonbury specific

I wouldn't mind, if they left off "Tumbling Dice", "Brown Sugar" and "Honky Tonk Women".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 8, 2013 15:43

stonesrule
DrBryant, I completely agree.

smileys with beer

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: April 8, 2013 16:10

Those two new ones.

Posted by: erde ()
Date: April 8, 2013 17:22

You can play anything BUT DO NOT FORGET :

MIDNIGHT RAMBLER (with Mick Taylor)

You can't always get what you want (with the choir)

Gimme Shelter

In fact you can play the all LET IT BLEED !

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home