Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #2
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:04

The get-out clause can be found under the Terms and Conditions on the BST site:

Terms of Use

Please read the following disclosures, notices, disclaimers and terms and conditions prior to utilizing this web site.

Restrictions on Use

Materials and content on this web site are intended to be viewed by customers, prospective customers, and employees of Front Gate Tickets and members of the general public. Use of such materials and content is limited to evaluation of the technologies and products described on this web site for purposes of considering the purchase of products of Front Gate Tickets or other relationships with Front Gate Tickets. No license is granted or intended with respect to use of any of the content or materials on this web site by any user or any third party. Any copies made or any materials used on this web site must clearly state that such materials originated with Front Gate Tickets and must clearly display the copyright notice set forth above.

By accessing the materials and content on this web site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation United States export and re-export control laws and regulations.
No Warranties; Limitation of Liability

THE MATERIALS AND CONTENT ON THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. FRONT GATE TICKETS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEB SITE CARRIES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES AS TO ACCURACY, TIMELINESS OR APPROPRIATENESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FRONT GATE TICKETS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE OR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF SOFTWARE OR DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES THAT MAY BE CAUSED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY BY ANY USE OF THE MATERIALS AND CONTENT ON THIS WEB SITE, AND FRONT GATE TICKETS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH ANY USER'S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEB SITE, EVEN IF FRONT GATE TICKETS IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL FRONT GATE TICKETS BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OF THIS WEB SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT OR MATERIALS INCLUDED HEREIN, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE. FRONT GATE TICKETS ALSO SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL CONTAINED IN ANY WEB SITE THAT MAY BE REACHED BY ANY USER FROM ANY LINK CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.

Front Gate Tickets reserves the right to revise or withdraw any or all of the materials and content on this web site without notice.

All offers for a refund are probably just bones thrown by Mr. Hallett, Esq. By the looks of those terms and conditions they would be in no obligation to do so???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 15:08 by Topi.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:09

Topi

All offers for a refund are probably just bones thrown by Mr. Hallett, Esq. By the looks of those terms and conditions they would be in no obligation to do so???

I believe that frontgate is just the agent and the place of trade and is not responsible for errors made by AEG & Rob. So they put on the web whatever their principal (AEG) is setting up. So you can't sue frontgate but AEG.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:10

Okay now I have just finished reading all the 13 pages. First of all: Thank you very much, Guillaume, for starting this thread! It is so kind and somehow close to "paternal" what you and many others did by writing to BST, AEG, the newspapers and so on. As I already mentioned in another thread I bought 2 tickets for Tier 2 on Thursday because my interest was to get tickets that beware you from waiting for hours in front of the entrance to get a nice view and - more important - tickets that beware you from running and fighting against others to come close to the stage. Maybe this would have been what some here are calling "rock and roll" but in my opinion it is an absolutely inhuman experience that I already watched on some iPhone release days in front of the Apple stores. Never want to be a part of such an action, same for my 62-years-old father who still is a giant fan since 1965.

Concerning this map mess we are absolutely with all of you complaining, making noise and not being satisfied with that way we are treated. For sure, Tier 2 fulfills our expectations (seperate entrance and so on) but the position in the park is definitely unacceptable.

Again, many thanks to all of you! Yesterday we booked our flights from Stuttgart to London and back - LAST Rolling Stones concert for us, no matter what is going to happen this fall. Unbelievable how much the economy and those promoting companies are able to ruin.....

Edit: Why isn't it possible to mention a well-known smartphone by its name here? Gets censored automatically...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 15:14 by maradona.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:11

Wait until they announce that the security for the gig is being managed by the local chapter of the Hell's Angels.

Hey, hey people, sisters, brothers and sisters, brothers and sisters, come-on now!
That means everybody just cool out!

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:21

gotdablouse
@ MRambler - thanks, saved and added to the first post.

I think there is a double rip-off actually :
- False description of Tier 1/2/3 locations, we've been over that
- Inducing people to get the "Unwind Backstage Bar" for an extra £100 by NOT MENTIONING "The Garden" where the same services, reserved to T1 and T2 ticket holders as well, as those provided in the "Unwind Backstage Bar" are available according to the current map, at least the essential ones like toilets, a food court and drinks (for a charge naturally). Not mentioning "The Garden" could only lead potential buyers to believe that no such services came with the standard T1/T2 tickets and that they would have to walk miles to get them. To add insult to injury, the "Unwind Backstage Bar" is actually located FURTHER away than "The Garden" !

Fellow fans: it turns my stomach.
Makes my cynical as well.
Paying money to go to an area where you can go to a toilet?? For which you probably have to pay...
Paying money to go to an area where you can BUY food and drinks??
Very strange that they let you buy a ticket without first having to buy access to the website that is actually selling the tickets...

Is it allowed to bring your own drinks and food to the 95 pound GA section...?
If not; how do you survive those 6 hours or so??? How do you keep your place?
When payed 95 pounds do these people also have to pay to be able go to the area where there are toilets and pay again for access to the toilet??

Why do you have rights and laws outside the venue if you pay lots of money to go inside where there are no laws or rights at all??
I mean: AEG should be in jail for this...you have no rights at all while they can do anything!
At the same time: it's a free market...
Is it?
For who??

Date: April 6, 2013 15:28

Food and soft drinks are permitted inside. Alcohol is not. I think the GA/Tier 3 toilets and concession stands are located way back. At least based on the virtual tour of the area as posted previously (the link to the BBC site)

Posted by: Rincewind ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:28

Hi AEG, Hi BST-Hyde park,

I do not think there is confusion, this is what I think happened:

- Rolling Stones sold a part of their band\guest\hospitality tickets to Viagogo\getmein\... ( again )
- Ticket prices on the Viagogo\.. sites go rocket high
- Public opinion ( social media, newspapers, fans) turn against the Rolling Stones ( and the ticket prices at viagogo\... )
- The Rolling Stones are irritated by the bad press and demand tier3 ticketholders in Front Of Stage area.
- AEG has to change the stage-plan\seat-plan
- Now tier1 and tier2 ticketholders are furious, they don't get what they want and paid for.

Mick wants to see the white of the eyes of the tier3 ticketholders.
Tiers1 and Tier2 ticketholders want (and paid) to see the white of the eyes of Mick.

As the Rolling Stones caused the problem, they should be a part of the solution:
Build a little stage in "The Garden" area. Ask the Rolling Stones to do a 30 minute intimate acoustic\showcase gig for the tier1 and tier2 ticketholders playing old\special\rarely played songs. Fans will regard this as great value.

Most of these ticketholders are the most loyal Stones-fans, most of them for many and many years, travelling from concert to concert, buying the cd's and merchandise. Don't let them down.
It will also generate great publicity and help to sell the July 13 tickets.

The full refund or downgrade you offer is no solution. We already made hotel reservations and bought flight-tickets.
Are you going to refund them too?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Best Regards,

Date: April 6, 2013 15:35

Bon Jovi discussion:

[drycounty.com]

Poor guys have no idea about the "circle" locations. =(

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:38

Maybe we sould enter the forum and tell them about the current situation.
If two fan groups put pressure on the organizers our chances are better.

Date: April 6, 2013 15:45

Could be.

I failed to find any other Bon Jovi fan forum with recent discussion about Hyde Park. It does appear the circle configs are indeed in place for other Bon Jovi shows.

And: [barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com]

Bon Jovi - Fri 5 July
General Admission – access to the main spectator area

Gold Circle – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission

Diamond (SOLD OUT) – access to the area directly in front of the stage

Still.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 15:46 by Topi.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:46

Topi
Bon Jovi discussion:
Poor guys have no idea about the "circle" locations.

Maybe the circle location for Bon Jovi is still as it was announced.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: peters318 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:48

Hi I have been watching this thread with interest. I haven't bought a ticket for Hyde Park yet. I saw the gig at the O2 last year, have tickets for Glasto and I'm holding out in the hope they add a second Hyde Park gig, as I can't make the first. My observations are this. I suspect that AEG / BST festival were intending to use the same stage set as Bon Jovi, and then the Stones camp have decided they didn't like it, so it is now being changed because the band want GA to be able to get to the front. Or there was some miscommunication between AEG/BST and the Stones camp. I also think the set up for Bon Jovi may be as advertised, ie different from the Stones. I also think blowing this up out of proportion and going to the press can only hurt the Stones reputation and ourselves. Cool it guys. It seems to me that AEG are now trying to put things right as best they can. Come on guys, its a gig, not the end of the world. If you are not happy take a refund. It will be a great gig, it always is.

Peter

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:48

It is intresting that on Bon Jovi tickets on BST site there is still same descriptions as before (diamond, gold and ga).

Stones tickets were named differently from the very beginning (Tiers) BUT the descriptions were excatly same as they are on Bon Jovi tickets.

I don't knkow what the hell is going on here?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 15:52 by MRambler.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 6, 2013 15:49

[drycounty.com]

"Viz mags top tip

SIMULATE a Rolling Stones gig by watching your grandad strum a guitar from a distance of 3km & burning your life's savings."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 15:57 by His Majesty.

Date: April 6, 2013 15:53

Rolling Hansie

Maybe the circle location for Bon Jovi is still as it was announced.

I don't believe that for a second, sorry. Not anymore. What would exactly be the point in changing the setup overnight?

They just duped both us AND the Bon Jovi fans. The Bon Jovi fans took less of a financial hit though.

Date: April 6, 2013 15:54

Now I thought that on the BST site, the Stones tickets were described as "Circles" on Wednesday still? At the time of the announcement?

It was, indeed, changed to "Tiers" later on.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:32

I'm pretty sure that it was Tiers from the very beginning. That's why I was worried that Tier 1 and 2 could be actually pretty large and Tier 3 at the end of Hyde Park. Obviously that worry turned out to be wrong...

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:40

MRambler
Any idea how the tickets are devided between 3 Tiers?
There is 65 000 tickets, how many of them are in Tier 1 and Tier 2?

"Access to an enclosed area with an excellent view of the main stage and plenty of space, allowing you to come and go as you please"

we know nothing about the number of tickets, the area dedicated to each tier (do they change the area if they upgrade/downgrade people ?)

how high is the stage ? probably higher than in the O2, regarding the "green" surface for T3. being front row, too close, is not the best place. I already can feel the pain in my neck...
I don't want them to give us a stripe along and nearly below the stage !!! I want to see Charlie !!!

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:54

straycatuk
lmatth8461
straycatuk
I know exactly how they can get out of this -

Set up the Diamond and Golden circles exactly as we were expecting them - Like the regular Bon Jovi set up which incidentally has a small walkway between diamond and golden sections.

To satisfy the claim that the earliest GA attendees will have the oppotunity to be front of stage, give upgrades to Diamond to the 1st 100 - 200 through the gates. Fair ? Good - sorted !>grinning smiley<

To think, I used to think Michael Colh was the devil !

sc uk

Doesn't sound fair to me, SC...I went for the £95 option, but if I had tier 1 or 2, I would assume something like the BJ layout. I certainly hope to be one of the first through the gate, but I wouldn't expect access to an area I had not paid for.

I'm afraid the Stones have developed form in this respect, they want to extract as much as they can from any given tour, and if people are prepared to pay, then so be it. I just happen to think that a top price of four hundred quid for the O2 compared with £150 five years earlier is OTT, as is two or three hundred quid to stand in a field. I was happy enough with my hugely discounted ticket last November, courtesy of Seatwave, and if the current plan of the Hyde Park layout proves to be correct, I'll be happy with that too, it's just a question of learning how to play the game.

Fingers crossed weather wise; two or three open air gigs lined up for the UK this summer...let's just hope the rain stays away.

Lee

I got T1 tickets in the pre-sale when there was no mention of T3 getting to the front of stage, but because of the ridiculous tweets at the time of the general sale, they have committed to this option. I was suggesting a way out. If someone had queued up for hours to be let in the Diamond FRONT OF STAGE area, I wouldn't resent standing next to them.

sc uk

Fair enough..as you have a tier 1 ticket and I have a tier 3 ticket, sounds to me like you're taking the point of view that I should be taking, and I'm taking the point of view you should be taking! If I had shelled out £300, I wouldn't care how long somebody queued, I would expect the better position.

Oh for the days before all this crap where you got a good seat by queuing overnight for a gig! Still, now I'm 50 it might not be so great for someone like me!

I can't help but wonder if someone screwed up issuing the message about early arrivals getting to FOS, or whether it was planned this way from the outset?

Lee

Date: April 6, 2013 16:58

TooTough
Imagine the smal black line as a fence to GA3:

This does rather bring it into perspective more than the map does.
What a stitch-up.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 6, 2013 17:10

Such a fuss. Most sane people don't get this worked up planning their own weddings and funerals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 17:11 by tatters.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: April 6, 2013 17:12

tatters
Such a fuss. Most sane people don't get this worked up planning their own weddings and funerals.
thumbs up

Date: April 6, 2013 17:21

Topi
Food and soft drinks are permitted inside. Alcohol is not.

Apart from the miniatures of vodka I'll be pouring into my half-empty bottle of orange juice obviously.

It's easy to understand why this rule is in place. They need to make a load of money on the marked-up, watered-down beer because they can't possibly turn a profit on the low entry price they have put on the tickets. eye rolling smiley

Lee

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 17:25

BV was right, and I don't recall any map on the official BST website for the Stones show either. The only map layout I could find before the 5th was on the viagogo website.
I'm laughing hard because this is a good lesson to scalpers.
I'm also sad for the Stones fans who got misleaded and I would happily help them.
A better lesson would be a class action by all of the Rolling Stones fans who were misleaded by viagogo, etc., even if they didn't buy through them but got actually misleaded by the map they showed.
As Mick said, he's very much against the secondary ticket market.
[www.chicagotribune.com]

Think of it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 17:44 by FolkyFireKitten1.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 6, 2013 17:34

lmatth8461
TooTough
Imagine the smal black line as a fence to GA3:

This does rather bring it into perspective more than the map does.
What a stitch-up.

It does doesn't it...where did that come from again? Is that an actual fence or just happens to look like one. It does look like it could be the spot of the T3/T1 separation based on Rob's latest map, wow that sucks.

As for the scenarios on how that "train wreck" occurred, could be that it happened like some have posted, price/Stones/T3...but why wasn't the O2 "Tongue" setup a "problem" for the "Stones camp" and won't be in the US, I don't get it. Is it because the tickets are the same price as the floor/1st level and only has the most dedicated fans (as in getting lucky during a presale, having access to Shelley Lazar"s "band tickets", paying extortionate amounts to scalpers)?

@maradona - you're quite welcome, thanks for the kind words! Let's hope things get sorted so that The Stones don't leave a bad taste in our mouth as they currently do at least as far as I'm concerned. For the past 30 years, any mention of The Stones got my attention/got me excited, even the smallest one, since yesterday, it makes me "cringe". Dunno...maybe that's the "event" that we needed to realize that our "blind"/unconditional support needed to come an end...a "F*ck Off" tour alright!

re: Bon Jovi, I registered over there to warn them to be on their guards and it's messed up as I can no longer access the linked page "you do not have permission to access this page"!

Have those who "pinged" the press heard anything back? AEG and The Stones deserve all the bad press they will get from this. It's obvious that the "Stones' Camp" was involved in the brainstorming that occurred yesterday afternoon to clean up the mess, at what level, dunno, but I doubt it wouldn't have been run by Mick at some point and he ok'd the die-hard fans in T1 and T2 getting "shafted"...possibly saying something like "if they're such die-hard fans they can get T3 and run to the stage" while sipping some champagne. Hopefully he won't come to regret it if things get out of hand when the unsuspecting masses in T1 and T2 on the 6th blow a fuse!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 17:44 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 6, 2013 18:22

The fans over at the Bon Jovi site are in denial. Whoah.

[drycounty.com]

Posted by: bobdylan1258 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 18:24

The Bruce picture from Hyde Park. I was there (a terrible miserable experience, but in context that doesnt matter. and was a ticket agent for the show. The entire show was GA, no fences, no pit, to Tier 1 or 2. So although you make avalid point and locationwise are spot on you are imagining a fence. There was no fence.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 6, 2013 18:36

Upfront for hours and hours, what do people do when they need the toilet?

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 6, 2013 18:52

It seems that those that bought Tier 2 for 299 GBP + fees , like me, were ripped off. Who is to blame ? AEG or The Stones. I cannot imagine The Stones Inc. not aware of the location plan.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 6, 2013 18:58

His Majesty
Upfront for hours and hours, what do people do when they need the toilet?

Hmmmm .... No wonder why there always seems to be so much "mud" at these things!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1931
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home