Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #3
Date: April 8, 2013 00:46

nobodyimportant
I've already explained my position and I'm not going to defend myself again, not that there is anything to defend.

But your suggestion was much better:
it fitted to the original description / situation and everybody could be satisfied
Why do you now favour marquee`s suggestion ( which is not what fits to the point of sale situation AND is not as good for tier 2 ticketholders)

Don´t understand....it´s getting even more of a mess....

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:50

Christ, this place this scary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 01:03 by Sixsixseveneight.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:01

Sixsixseveneight
If you can use T1 and T2 tickets to enter GA, I don't see the problem.

You should apply for a position at AEG. You would fit in perfectly there.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:07

sjs12
Oh seriously though. People should be fundamentally against the whole concept of tiers. It as about as un-rock.n roll as you can get. If you realise that they are doing away with the idea of corporate hospitality and VIP I font understand why you are not rejoicing. Or is it that money is so important that it trumps rock n roll? In which case, perhaps you need to rethink what is most important in life. Seriously, the whole concept of tiers is very wrong when it comes to rock n roll. If you want to get to the front you can queue with us riff raff, instead of relying on your wealth.

I'm against lying and fraud. That's what this thread is about. Your argument should be in a separate thread. They sold different tiers - and lied - that's what this is about.

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:08

IGTBA
Sixsixseveneight
If you can use T1 and T2 tickets to enter GA, I don't see the problem.

You should apply for a position at AEG. You would fit in perfectly there.

Ah god, forget it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 01:22 by Sixsixseveneight.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:12

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:19 by His Majesty.

Date: April 8, 2013 01:16

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:19 by His Majesty.

Date: April 8, 2013 01:19

His Majesty
ThroughTheLonelyNights
nobodyimportant
I've already explained my position and I'm not going to defend myself again, not that there is anything to defend.

it fitted to the original description / situation and everybody could be satisfied
Why do you now favour marquee`s suggestion ( which is not what fits to the point of sale situation AND is not as good for tier 2 ticketholders)

Some GA 3 tickets were sold with the knowledge that they would have access to front of stage.

...GA 3 would have the possibility to access to FOS (those who are early and run...) as they get a wristband for the tier 1/2 section that would be located in circles FOS (Bon Jovi layout)

Posted by: marquee ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:26

My son has sent the following to Rob Hallet including a better drawing:

Dear Mr. Hallett,

I guess in the past days you have recieved several mails from many Stones fans complaining about the layout of the Hyde Park for the Rolling Stones concert. This one is not supposed to be a complaining one but a helping one.

On Thursday, I have ordered two tickets for the Tier-2 area, expecting to be close to the stage, somewhere at centre house. This is, what
Tier-2 ticket holders could expect after reading the "closer to the stage than General Admission" description on the BST-website.
Unfortunately, the layout as it was published on Friday did not represent this statement. The new layout caused big concerns with many fans of the band especially in the well known iorr.org fan forum. Many of them have not only purchased a ticket but also booked flights and made hotel reservations.

Personally, I support your decision of giving Tier-3 (GA) ticket holders the possibility to come all the way up front, but I cannot accept to be pushed aside like it has been done with the Tier 1 & 2 ticket holders.
Many of those have chosen these areas because they wanted to be as close to the band as anyhow possible, not to have access to a comfortable restroom. If this layout would have been published prior to the sale, many Stones fans would have purchased the normal GA tickets. They wanted to have a reserved place in front of the stage without having to be at Hyde Park at noon to run for the front row. Therefore a downgrade is not an option.

For most of them, a simple refund is not an option, either. They want, what they have ordered. In order to satisfy both, the Tier 1/2 and the Tier 3 ticket holders, we have created a layout which would allow access to the front row for Tier 3 but also set up the Tiers 1 & 2 as it could have been expected.
We have come up with a design that devides the main area between the sound/light towers and the stage into a Front of Stage area and a Tier
1/2 area. Please see the attatched image for more details.

This suggestion has been posted at iorr.org and many people, mainly
Tier-2 ticket holders, have expressed their appreciation for this design because it would satisfy everybody, no matter what kind of ticket they have purchased. Please see page 22 of the pinned "Seating Chart"-thread for all responses.

If the aim of the layout is supposed to bring the "real fans" up front, our suggestion would be a good way to do this, simply because there will be real fans in all sections.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Everybody else with another suggestion should send it to Rob Hallet, too.

Marquee

Date: April 8, 2013 01:26

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:18 by His Majesty.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:27

Curious what AEG will propose tommorrow.
Mr. Hallett promised to get back to me on Monday.
I don't have any excpectations though.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:28

ThroughTheLonelyNights
nobodyimportant

I don't think I was the first person here to suggest it, to be honest.

But Marquee's design is simpler to implement. It does away with the need for wristbands for T3, they can be left to their own devices.

As for T2, it would be good enough for me - as I said earlier, I really don't mind where anybody else is as long as everybody in T2 gets a view of the stage that isn't compromised by being at a bad angle.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:30

marquee
My son has sent the following to Rob Hallet including a better drawing

You can be proud of your son smileys with beer Give him a beer, cheers.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:33

marquee

Dear Mr. Hallett,

I guess in the past days you have recieved several mails from many Stones fans complaining about the layout of the Hyde Park for the Rolling Stones concert. This one is not supposed to be a complaining one but a helping one.

On Thursday, I have ordered two tickets for the Tier-2 area, expecting to be close to the stage, somewhere at centre house. This is, what
Tier-2 ticket holders could expect after reading the "closer to the stage than General Admission" description on the BST-website.
Unfortunately, the layout as it was published on Friday did not represent this statement. The new layout caused big concerns with many fans of the band especially in the well known iorr.org fan forum. Many of them have not only purchased a ticket but also booked flights and made hotel reservations.

Personally, I support your decision of giving Tier-3 (GA) ticket holders the possibility to come all the way up front, but I cannot accept to be pushed aside like it has been done with the Tier 1 & 2 ticket holders.
Many of those have chosen these areas because they wanted to be as close to the band as anyhow possible, not to have access to a comfortable restroom. If this layout would have been published prior to the sale, many Stones fans would have purchased the normal GA tickets. They wanted to have a reserved place in front of the stage without having to be at Hyde Park at noon to run for the front row. Therefore a downgrade is not an option.

For most of them, a simple refund is not an option, either. They want, what they have ordered. In order to satisfy both, the Tier 1/2 and the Tier 3 ticket holders, we have created a layout which would allow access to the front row for Tier 3 but also set up the Tiers 1 & 2 as it could have been expected.
We have come up with a design that devides the main area between the sound/light towers and the stage into a Front of Stage area and a Tier
1/2 area. Please see the attatched image for more details.

This suggestion has been posted at iorr.org and many people, mainly
Tier-2 ticket holders, have expressed their appreciation for this design because it would satisfy everybody, no matter what kind of ticket they have purchased. Please see page 22 of the pinned "Seating Chart"-thread for all responses.

If the aim of the layout is supposed to bring the "real fans" up front, our suggestion would be a good way to do this, simply because there will be real fans in all sections.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Everybody else with another suggestion should send it to Rob Hallet, too.

Marquee

Good work!
I could live with that.
Tier 2 ticket holders like myself will probably be a bit farther away from the stage than first expected, but still a great compromise for all parties.

Date: April 8, 2013 01:33

marquee

Well done, both of you! Let's hope he gives it serious consideration and does the right thing. smiling smiley

Date: April 8, 2013 01:35

@Rolling Hansie

Many thanks.
Beer is too expansiv, he already got the ticket. ;-)

Marquee

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: April 8, 2013 01:39

I had an AEG microwave once. It was shite.

Date: April 8, 2013 01:45

vertigojoe
I had an AEG microwave once. It was shite.

Oh, this AEG was very good known in Germany with the following:

Auspacken - Einschalten - Geht nicht

Unpacking - Switch on - No function

Good night
Marquee

Date: April 8, 2013 01:51

nobodyimportant
ThroughTheLonelyNights
nobodyimportant

But Marquee's design is simpler to implement. It does away with the need for wristbands for T3, they can be left to their own devices.

As for T2, it would be good enough for me - as I said earlier, I really don't mind where anybody else is as long as everybody in T2 gets a view of the stage that isn't compromised by being at a bad angle.

Okay, but I still think this would be the better solution:

tier 1 (diamond): FOS
tier 2 (golden) : closer - with FOS on the sides
tier 3(the rest): early access with wristbands for tier 1/2 (FOS)
+ extra possibility FOS on the sides

The wristband thing for early, running fans was common in the early days of a seperate Front of Stage section for gereral admisson - before they "invented"special FOS tickets.

Date: April 8, 2013 02:07

ThroughTheLonelyNights
The wristband thing for early, running fans was common in the early days of a seperate Front of Stage section for gereral admisson - before they "invented"special FOS tickets.

Still the usual procedure with some artists (eg Springsteen), with fans waiting in line to earn admission to the pit.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 8, 2013 02:29

I'm probably being stupid but AEG is why I don't want to see the Stones at Staples Center.

I'm not blaming them for Michael Jackson's death but the way they've handled that entire situation from beginning to the tragic end makes me sick.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 8, 2013 02:29

OMG Marquee, has AEG offered you an executive position yet? They should , you appear to have more common sense than most of their current administrators.

Like the other poster, I am confused as to what I actually am getting for my money now. As it has been for more than 35 years, my primary concern in the beginning was where I would be in relationship to the stage at the start of the show. I have never bought a package deal, the extras don't concern me. I have used every other trick in the book to get where I want.

But this time, constrained by travel cost and time off from work, I bought a ticket described as FOS with all the bells and whistles, the most expensive available. It wasn't an easy decision, in fact Beast and I discussed our general disgust at the idea, and agreed because it was a simple solution that came with a guarantee. Along with Pauly, we got ip front with access to the backstage bar.

Now for our money, we are not up front? Unless someone like Marquee can get the powers to be to see some common sense, nope.

The "Unwind Bar " no longer exists? So now for the extra money that was paid for a unique, though not necessarily sought after, experience is also flushed down those expensive toilets? Everyone going to the garden gets the same? Don't misunderstand, I am not an elitist, an egalitarian wastrel I'll get drunk with anyone. But I just paid an extra 100 GBP ? Is that what I now understand?

Ok , born in the USA, living in NZ, with my best friends in London, I just have to say that paying over $600 for a ticket that does not allow me access to an area promised, that gives me access to a bar that does not exist, for the privilege of flushing a toilet that I share with a few thousand people seems somehow, well, UN AMERICAN lol. Unless you consider people like Bernie Madoff, and at least they end up in jail.drinking smiley

These past few days have been some of the longest in my life filled with a controversy I realistically cannot affect with profound and direct effect on my whole summer vacation , which was to be planned around Stones shows. Luckily for me, while the shows are important, they have been an always will be an excuse for me to get together and spend time with some of the best people I know in life. No matter what happens, I am committed to making the best of it with you Pauly and Beast!

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: April 8, 2013 02:49

bv
Are the correct numbers of tickets sold for the Hyde Park show published somewhere? I see 55,000 and 65,000 total so I just wonder. And how many of these are T1, T2 and T3 GA?

As far as I know 65,000 is the maximum tickets that can be sold for a concert in Hyde Park at this time due to restrictions and I doubt they will sell less.

T1 + T2 I saw quoted as being combined 5000 tickets in total sold.
Quote was on a website press release I dont remember which one but pretty much saying stones are sorry for confusion over 5000 tickets sold to G1 and G2 but they want G3 FOS and this was always their intention for Hyde Park.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 8, 2013 03:36

That's interesting, where did the Stones comment about that, it has to be a recent article, look up your browser's history!

Marquee's design seems reasonable enough (I have a T1 so it's easy for me to say but T2's who've commented so far have said they were ok with it too) even though there are probably more T2's than T1's so the separation should be closer to the stage but that's a detail. I wonder if bv could "push it" to his contacts within the Stones camp? I'll link it from the first post. BTW, I see it's now a sticky, thanks bv!

Suddenly that gives me a bit of hope that this can be sorted to the satisfaction of all parties involved!

@kahoosier - you're right, along with an acceptable revamp like Marquee's, a refund should be offered for the "Unwind Backstage Bar" for those who want it now that we know that T1/T2 have access to "The Garden" with the same essential services, toilets, food, drinks. Unless they add something of interest to the "Unwind Backstage Bar".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 03:38 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 8, 2013 03:47

"Unwind Backstage Bar"

The bar that was never backstage and now doesn't even exist... The whole thing is unwinding!

Date: April 8, 2013 04:06

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:18 by His Majesty.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 8, 2013 04:08

mattleeuk
"Unwind Backstage Bar"

The bar that was never backstage and now doesn't even exist... The whole thing is unwinding!

Well if you look at Rob's map shown in the first post or here [bst-hydepark.s3.amazonaws.com] is there...just completely useless compared to the newly appeared and free to T1/T2 "The Garden" especially since it's further away!

BTW I'll soon be in touch with something that will cheer up if you're caught in this T1/T2 mess as well ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 04:11 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 8, 2013 04:13

@mattleeuk smiling smiley and I will be looking for you bank card in hand since nothing else has worked, I hope you have one of those handy things on your smart phone that lets me just swipe right there.

This whole thing has really put me off about taking anymore time off for this "tour" . Not that at $1000000 a piece per show, Mick, Keith, Ronnie or Charlie give a damn what I do.

IN watching Gimme Shelter, I am cognizant that the Stones, though hidden behind promoters, agents, lawyers, are more aware of what is going on than what we give them credit for many times. And have we not been told many times that micro manager Mick pays attention to all the details from beginning to end for several tours now? To say that they created this controversy is too damning, to say that they are unaware is too flippant, to say that they don't care probably too true.

In the end, like an addled Ronald Reagun saying even if unaware, he was culpable for the actions of his administration , they Stones to some extent are responsible for the way things are handled by the people they chose to run things. To not aknowledge at least that much takes being a fan to the level of being a syncophant. I will be there, but to say I should shut my mouth and quit complaining , I just cannot make myself kiss that much ass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 04:22 by kahoosier.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 8, 2013 06:45

ThroughTheLonelyNights
nobodyimportant
ThroughTheLonelyNights
nobodyimportant

I too prefer the circle map with number of Tier 3 let in. Because in the description TIer 2 was promised to be closer the stage than Tier 3.
My original plan was to get on the right side of the circle so I can be on Keef's side of the stage and now it seems impossible and that is the biggest issue to me.

About the Facebook/twitter announcment for Tier 3 to get FOS.
That can't be ignored at this point BUT buyers should be able to trust on the information provided on the site they are buying the tickets.
And they told this Tier 3 FOS thing after the presale..

Posted by: vdkf ()
Date: April 8, 2013 08:35

MRambler
ThroughTheLonelyNights

I too prefer the circle map with number of Tier 3 let in. Because in the description TIer 2 was promised to be closer the stage than Tier 3.
My original plan was to get on the right side of the circle so I can be on Keef's side of the stage and now it seems impossible and that is the biggest issue to me.

About the Facebook/twitter announcment for Tier 3 to get FOS.
That can't be ignored at this point BUT buyers should be able to trust on the information provided on the site they are buying the tickets.
And they told this Tier 3 FOS thing after the presale..

That was my intention, too!

But if you look at those circles then there's enough space to the sides which would grant FOS access to T3 ticket holders. And there seems to be some kind of exit alley that is separated from the security alley in front of the stage to get to those wonderful toilets and bars. So the Bon Jovi layout would be the best thing for AEG to do. But that's just my 2ct.

Maybe the Stones just want to see who bought all those expensive tickets. We have to get louder and louder so they realize that REAL FANS (usually Tier3 ticket buyers and FOS crazy) bought T1 & T2 and let them get back to the original layout (as seen on ticketmaster or seetickets etc).

~~~ Keef rulez! ~~~

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1431
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home