Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Mick Taylor's role on the 2013 Tour ? More ?
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 3, 2013 17:03

Since he's involved from the get go and with the HP anniversary, methinks he's going to be a lot more involved...all the songs he played on originally would make sense !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: Mick Taylor's role on the 2013 Tour ? More ?
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 3, 2013 17:05

As long as they bust out Can't You Hear Me Knocking, that's all that really matters.
(of course Sway, Midnight Rambler, and his sweet lead runs on Dead Flowers wouldn't hurt either)

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 3, 2013 17:07

his role will be to find out which show(s) 71tele goes to and then avoid those.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 3, 2013 17:08

love it..Taylor back ...

good time to be Mick Taylor

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 3, 2013 17:08

gotdablouse
Since he's involved from the get go and with the HP anniversary, methinks he's going to be a lot more involved...all the songs he played on originally would make sense !

"...all the songs he played on originally would make sense !"
It would make a lot more sense if Bill was invited.
They really don't play better with MT as a 3rd guitarist but it sure adds something special.
But they really play a lot better with Bill...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-03 17:09 by Dreamer.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 3, 2013 17:11

GRNRBITW
his role will be to find out which show(s) 71tele goes to and then avoid those.

Now you're just being mean.

Date: April 3, 2013 17:17

Dreamer
gotdablouse

They really don't play better with MT as a 3rd guitarist but it sure adds something special.

Bill was useless at the O2 and he's been whining ever since, and even said they could p&€&€& off for Glasto, he can get lost!

Ah Mick talking about Taylor in Planet Rock now!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 3, 2013 17:32

Soooo happy for Mick T. Really looking forward to seeing him.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 3, 2013 17:43

gotdablouse
Dreamer
gotdablouse

Bill was useless at the O2 and he's been whining ever since, and even said they could p&€&€& off for Glasto, he can get lost!

gotdablouse, what did Mick say?

Date: April 3, 2013 17:51

proudmary
gotdablouse
Dreamer
gotdablouse

Mick said Bill was useless...

Date: April 3, 2013 17:55

...was useless at the O2 and he's been whining...!

Are you sure your not mixing Bill with Keith??

Date: April 3, 2013 17:55

Dreamer
proudmary
gotdablouse
Dreamer
gotdablouse

Mick said Bill was useless...

Really? winking smiley Come on, gimme a glimmer

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: April 3, 2013 18:12

I hope Mick Taylors role in a 2013 tour is none! These days Ron Wood is the better guitar player of them. And Bill was pretty useless.

Date: April 3, 2013 18:22

proudmary
gotdablouse
Dreamer
gotdablouse

Not much unfortunately but it almost sounds like he's back in the band the way Mick and Keith talked about him!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 3, 2013 18:24

talkcheap
I hope Mick Taylors role in a 2013 tour is none! These days Ron Wood is the better guitar player of them. And Bill was pretty useless.

Throw him a bone though...Ronnie B Good doesn't even have to leave the stage...

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 3, 2013 18:26

Great news to see Mick Taylor back!!

Date: April 3, 2013 18:39

I bet all they do is bring him out every night for Midnight Rambler. Which is fine with me, i never have seen him. it sure seems like they are using him to bring something different.
But you know, who knows who he is anyway? He hasn;t been a member in almost 40 years.
If you only know the Stones from 1989 till now, i mean surely some people know, but the casual concert goer, who's never seen the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-03 18:44 by Donkey Girl Scout.

Date: April 3, 2013 18:39

I love that Taylor is back! Gives me an excuse to pay for the sure to be high ticket price. Could it be that Taylor is there to cover for Keith? I know Keith was good at the Dec15th show but for a tour longer with all that goes on with that (travel, parties and distractions) and his frail appearace that this was needed?? Its a win win in any case.

Ronnie is my era of the Stones but hands down Taylor was in the best version. Again a win win!

Date: April 3, 2013 18:41

gotdablouse
proudmary
gotdablouse
Dreamer
gotdablouse

Not much unfortunately but it almost sounds like he's back in the band the way Mick and Keith talked about him!

This is exactly what I thought when I've read a GRRRegory's tweet just a few minutes before the announcement: #StartMeUpWednesday @MickTaylorInfo is rrrrrrrready!
Btw, I think that Bill's bitterness is largely due to the success of Taylor's performances - his one song drew a hundred times more attention than Bill's two. Almost all the newspapers that mention now the December gigs write about Taylor along with other star guests - and not a word about Bill.

Date: April 3, 2013 18:45

Donkey Girl Scout
I bet all they do is bring him out every night for Midnight Rambler.

Doubt it, first we got the hints that Taylor dropped recently, then today (twitter, PR, radio), he's back for a lot more most likely and this is fantastic! Still remember the thrill when he came out on the 25th!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 3, 2013 18:49

Bill was great at O 2, saying he wasn't is nonsense. True he's been talking tough since the reunion and that's a bit slimy but to turn that into a slam on his great playing is wrong. Mick has no use for Bill, it seems that Jagger wants a more wholesome legacy for his band as they make history in the 21st century. Would fans prefer Bill? Perhaps, but he's not exactly a stage presence plus that's a full share they'd have to hand over.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 3, 2013 19:09

Why put down Bill for not wanting to go all over the world just to play
1 or 2 songs..

At his age i really don't blame him...And all he said is he would have liked to play on a few more
songs. Not just 2..

It would have been great to showcase both Mick and Bill with a lot longer set..
Not just 1 song for Mick and 2 songs for Bill...Both could have added to the overall
sound to the Stones.. More then anyone one else could have.

Love Having Mick back but we shouldn't put Bill down for wanting more!!

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 3, 2013 19:19

talkcheap

Perhaps, but they are very different players. We've seen what the current line up can do and granted they were great last year, better than when last seen, but there in an envelope of range we should be pretty familiar with for decades at this point.

Granted the Stones don't necessarily "need" a "3 guitar attack" but give it a chance. This has the possibility to open up a whole new band creatively, one we haven't seen before - ever. And, at this late date, that would really be something to savor.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 3, 2013 19:22

talkcheap
did not go to the shows huh!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 3, 2013 19:40

Donkey Girl Scout
I bet all they do is bring him out every night for Midnight Rambler. Which is fine with me, i never have seen him. it sure seems like they are using him to bring something different.
But you know, who knows who he is anyway? He hasn;t been a member in almost 40 years.
If you only know the Stones from 1989 till now, i mean surely some people know, but the casual concert goer, who's never seen the Stones.

"but you know,like who knows who he is anyway....."

yeah ya know like just some guy who played a few notes on a couple of tours and records that arent really important to the band now,i mean like it was a long time ago so who cares,ya know

and bill... was "useless" and hes "whining"- bill wyman has never ever been "useless" the entire sound of the band has an immediate upgrade the minute he begins playing with them.if you cant hear that you just dont know the stones and their music,plain and simple.

none of bills statements about the rolling stones have ever been him "whining "about anything.he states his opinion in a straightforward manner.
he's asked a question,he answers it.people who are used to todays media savvy phonies probably do have a problem with a guy who doesnt consult with a publicist,a lawyer and three advisors before he says something.

Date: April 3, 2013 19:48

SweetThing
talkcheap

Perhaps, but they are very different players. We've seen what the current line up can do and granted they were great last year, better than when last seen, but there in an envelope of range we should be pretty familiar with for decades at this point.

Granted the Stones don't necessarily "need" a "3 guitar attack" but give it a chance. This has the possibility to open up a whole new band creatively, one we haven't seen before - ever. And, at this late date, that would really be something to savor.

I agree. I hope - naively, perhaps - that it may awaken in them the a creative spark

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 3, 2013 20:19

"but you know,like who knows who he is anyway....."

yeah ya know like just some guy who played a few notes on a couple of tours and records that arent really important to the band now,i mean like it was a long time ago so who cares,ya know
This a hall of fame post,

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: April 3, 2013 21:24

M.T. should hire a personal trainer to get in better shape and to fit in the band.Go for some salads Mick. His playing ist still fantastic. For me it is more important to have M.T. back rather than Bill and on top that there will be no whining thereafter.

Posted by: elpibe230 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 01:12

Regarding Bill, this is very recent (forgive me if it's been posted already):

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 01:39

Donkey Girl Scout
I bet all they do is bring him out every night for Midnight Rambler.

Don't say that!!! I would feel SOOO ripped off. They need to take full advantage of his availability and presence and finally play the Taylor era songs the way they should sound.

AlmostHearYouSigh
I love that Taylor is back! Gives me an excuse to pay for the sure to be high ticket price.

I am also thrilled to death about this. Otherwise I would not even consider going for the same old thing. As a huge Taylor fan, he is the selling point of this tour.

andrewt
As long as they bust out Can't You Hear Me Knocking, that's all that really matters.
(of course Sway, Midnight Rambler, and his sweet lead runs on Dead Flowers wouldn't hurt either)

Now you're talking. Let's not stop there...Love in Vain, YCAGWYW, Winter, TWFNO...what else??

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1141
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home