Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
What was your biggest "Stones"-Disappointment?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: February 7, 2005 21:07

I mean---Music---Private--or something else.

Music??---I really was disappointed when i Heard "EXILE" for the first time in 1972. I liked--Aftermath and Around and around. I liked their R&b. I like their "Singles" from Tell me --Brown Sugar.
Almost 3 years later i begun to Like this Album, but 1972 i thought the Stones-time is over.

Re: What was your biggest "Stones"-Disappointment?
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 7, 2005 21:11

The first time I heard Might As Well Get Juiced.

My thoughts were "oh no, the Stones are trying to do a techno song. What's next rap"

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 7, 2005 21:33

MAWGJ is an updated blues song, if you ask me. And a good one. But no one is asking me.

The biggest disappointment must be the fact that a fantastic guitar player like Ron Wood has become a terrible guitar player.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: February 7, 2005 21:38

I was also shocked when I first listened to Exile. I thought: "OK, 2 or 3 nice songs but a bit overrated".
That is 3 years ago and now I really love it.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: February 7, 2005 22:08

Ron---terrible--guitar player?
cant agree

Posted by: Deidre ()
Date: February 7, 2005 22:11

1. Earls Court 1976, compared with Wembley 1973.

2. Stones not playing UK after the '78 US tour.

3. Stones performance at Wembley '82 (still death), compared to the promising Still Life.

But uphill mainly since then.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: February 7, 2005 22:12

- Wait for listen a song in live for years...... and when the moment come... the stupid Jagger keep sleeping (Monkey Man on Ahoy)

- Spend lot of money and time in fly from Malaga to London for see 1 show, and check in the papers than Sir Mick was ill..... (show was on saturday.... but they played next day -sunday-..... of course, I has work monday and I wasn´t able of keep here.......)

Still so..... I´m sure they will @#$%& me still more on the next tour!!! No doubts about this!!! ".... but I like it..."

be HAPPY

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: February 7, 2005 22:16

Dirty Work

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: February 7, 2005 22:19

1. The single "Have you seen your mother, baby, standing in the shadow
2. The bad attendance on their last concert in Oslo (98)
3. Live Licks

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: February 7, 2005 22:21

Other than ticket prices...and waiting for an album for 8 years...it is an easy one.

The 2nd Wembley show in 1999...hands down the worst Stones performance I have ever seen & certainly hope to never see one so bad again.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: February 7, 2005 22:29

no studio lp in 1982------no tour in 1986-----no lp in 1987-88---no tour in 1991-2-3------no lp in 2000-01-01-03-04....no new album in almost eight years --very depressing...

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: bartman ()
Date: February 7, 2005 22:39

Stones concert in Groningen 1999. We drove for about 3 hours to get there. It's in the top of Holland. It was their firts show in Holland of the No Security tour.
I was so hoping to hear Some Girls, Get off My Cloud and You got The Silver. Instead of that the turned back to the BTB Setlist. On the B stage we heard LARS. From that moment we knew there was no place for those rare wich we never hear again live on stage ( At least, that's what I think)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-08 21:01 by bartman.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: February 7, 2005 23:18

i met bill wyman before the rhythm kings-show in austria 2001
and asked him to sign the ya ya's-cover, but he did'nt. then i
asked him why not?
and he replied: "because i'm not a rolling stone!"
very funny -sad smiley

Posted by: Tor ()
Date: February 7, 2005 23:26

It's still pissing me off..
Why don't they release Ladies & Gentlemen on soundtrack.
Or any of the those killer shows from 72'-73' remastered
and sounding like it should...
It's time!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2005 23:49

Not being able to have a conversation with Keith, while shaking his hand as he swayed towards the Licks B-stage. A two second grin, a look into his eyes then gone....so close and yet so very far away.

ROCKMAN

Date: February 8, 2005 00:04

Rockman, well you got to connect for a moment anyway with Keith..I feel sure he knew how much that meant to you. To him as well!
hello from Duke Danko I got Voodoo Stew!

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 8, 2005 00:06

1. Cleveland '78.

2. The set list for the 40 Licks stadium shows.

3. The set list for the BTB tour.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 8, 2005 00:13

Howdy Duke...Do ya like the Stew? Was the search worth it?

Yeah I know what ya mean by connection but the feeling of being so close yet not being able to talk to the lad....

I might add that I got to shake his hand at three Licks Shows, pushing me close to needing a Triple Bypass.

ROCKMAN

Date: February 8, 2005 00:17

Hearing "Undercover" a few times and realizing I had no choice but to file for divorce from the band I'd known and loved for 12 years.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: February 8, 2005 00:22

yeah! much more interesting, to me, than'residue'...looking for more rehearsal/outtakes boots. if you have any recommendations?...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 8, 2005 00:35

1. The UK tour being postponed in '98 for a year

2. The Stones breaking the promise they made when the above tour was postponed to play "10-12 small gigs around the entire country" to make up for the inconvenience. Instead they added 7-8 stadium gigs around Europe. Personally, I've never forgiven them for that.

3. Not playing Belfast since 1965! My final concert wish as a Stones fan is to see them play in my hometown.

Those were single, instantaneous disappointments - the third one isnt a disappointment as such, just an aspiration. And it could happen. Who knows.

The biggest has been a gradual one - which is the fact that in the last 6-7 years they've become little more than a cashpoint machine treating their fanbase and their own legacy with equal contempt in the pointless pursuit of amassing sums of money they'll never spend should they live to be 400.

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: February 8, 2005 00:39

Waiting for a studio album since 1997 is more than a normal fan can take. If there had not been multiple orgasm highlights like Vredenburg club gig 2003 I would be really pissed off.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 8, 2005 00:50

Menace:

Agree with you. Although I think UC has held up better than other more recent releases (DW, SW, B2cool smiley - UC was the first inkling that the "magic" was fading if not gone. Up to that point I had been totally enthralled with all their albums.

For the live stage - yeah, my first indication that the glory days were behind them was in '89 - hated (still do) the canned/stock arrangements and it started becoming clear that something was wrong with Ronnie.

Still love 'em, though, yes I do!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 8, 2005 01:09

Definitely, The Stones not playing in Milan in 1998 due to Mick's ill throat (or whatever else...): I spent the whole night in the train from Napoli to Milan, got off the station, took the tram to the venue, and right in front of it I was informed by a scalper that the concert would not take place!

I'm also very disappointed by Ron Wood's guitar playing on the European leg of the Licks tour.

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 8, 2005 01:18

Mick's nasty nature,...at times...

And after Mick said, "You don't want to meet your idols/role models, you'll be disappointed, I was disappointed in meeting Chuck Berry,..."

Then he turns out the same way.

Btw. I have met Chuck Berry and found him to be very nice, and he kidded around with me, but maybe that's because I'm from the same territory, I don't know winking smiley

Posted by: mark ()
Date: February 8, 2005 01:28

Easy....their sound systems. Every band I have seen does sound better. They may have pioneered loud but like most pioneers they rarely perfect their contrabutions..

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 8, 2005 01:33

1) Knebworth 1976: so bad that even the planned encore, with the clowns and dancers, was shelved. At times the performance bordered upon the embarrassing.

2) Bercy, Paris, 2003: my first licks gig of the tour and from where I was sitting it was absolutely terrible. I would honestly rate it as one of the top five worst gigs of my entire life.

3) Missing the Stones at Liverpool Empire, March, 1971, because my older brother couldn't be bothered to stand in line for a ticket for me, after insisting that he would.

I still love the Stones though...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 8, 2005 02:29

Demon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> Btw. I have met Chuck Berry and found him to be
> very nice, and he kidded around with me, but maybe
> that's because I'm from the same territory, I
> don't know
)

I hope you werent using his restrooms just before you met him!! smiling smiley

Posted by: SatanicFlowers ()
Date: February 8, 2005 04:16

I'm most disappointed that Mick and Keith
can't share a microphone TOGETHER anymore.

It's sad sad sad.......................

- Thru our past darkly...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 8, 2005 05:28

Gazza wrote:
"I hope you werent using his restrooms just before you met him!!"

No, I was at Blueberry Hill where Chuck plays once a month, (talk about a man devoted to his music) and when I'm up front, I dare not leave, not to even use the Loo winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-08 08:54 by Demon.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home