Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Salt of the Earth - Crossfire Hurricane
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 9, 2013 20:01

I was watching this last night and kept rewinding it because it sounded so nice.

Is this available on any boots? It's an outtake, Keith working through the vocals, by no means a finished song, but so pretty.

Thanks!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Re: Salt of the Earth - Crossfire Hurricane
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 9, 2013 20:04

Sounds like same backing recording no? but with lay down the rough melody vocals.

They should have a soundtrack album for this poorly done DVD/film.

Date: March 9, 2013 20:07

His Majesty
Sounds like same backing recording no? but with lay down the rough melody vocals.

They should have a soundtrack album for this poorly done DVD/film.

Hi H.S. Yes, I believe the music was the same, just Keith's raw vocals though.
There were a couple of nice clips in that film that I hadn't seen before though. Overall, it made me excited about the Stones, reminded me why I love them. Would be great for a new fan, which is who it seemed to be created for (with the exception of things like SOTE which is for US).

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 9, 2013 20:09

CindyC, check your email, I just sent you the Keith vocal. smiling smiley

Date: March 9, 2013 20:10

CindyC

There were a couple of nice clips in that film that I hadn't seen before though. Overall, it made me excited about the Stones, reminded me why I love them. Would be great for a new fan, which is who it seemed to be created for (with the exception of things like SOTE which is for US).

That's true! thumbs up

Date: March 9, 2013 20:13

latebloomer

NO WAY!!! Thank you! Where is it from?

Date: March 9, 2013 20:16

CindyC
latebloomer

I can't take credit, just passing it along from Robberbride who sent it to me because I liked the Moonlight Mile outtake.

Sometimes things just work out for you, eh? smiling bouncing smiley

Date: March 9, 2013 20:18

latebloomer
CindyC
latebloomer

I can't take credit, just passing it along from Robberbride who sent it to me because I liked the Moonlight Mile outtake.

Sometimes things just work out for you, eh? smiling bouncing smiley

Yes Indeed. Well let me also extend my gratitude to Robberbride as well. IORR rocks!

Can I haz a copy of the No Expectations heard on the film? grinning smiley

Is it different take from the outtake which is already on some bootlegs?

Posted by: with sssoul ()

His Majesty
CindyC
There were a couple of nice clips in that film that I hadn't seen before though.
Overall, it made me excited about the Stones, reminded me why I love them.
Would be great for a new fan, which is who it seemed to be created for
(with the exception of things like SOTE which is for US).
That's true! thumbs up

Hmp well maybe. I had an extra copy of the dvd that I decided *not* to donate to my University Library for New Fans -
Totally leaving out Klein taking over their whole pre-71 catalog disqualifies the film as an overview of what the band's survived.
And of course the Department of Historical Accuracy takes a dim view of the way they played around with super-familiar footage -
but indeed, some of the previously unseen snippets are very nice, and so is some of the audio

HM, you've got email :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-09 20:19 by with sssoul.

Date: March 9, 2013 20:21

His Majesty

Don't have that one HM, but I'll be glad to send you what I do have, just send me your email address.

Date: March 9, 2013 20:21

with sssoul

Replied via gmail account. thumbs up

Date: March 9, 2013 20:22

latebloomer
His Majesty

Don't have that one HM, but I'll be glad to send you what I do have, just send me your email address.

Thanks!!

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-09 20:30 by His Majesty.

Date: March 9, 2013 20:23

with sssoul
Hmp well maybe. I had an extra copy of the dvd that I decided *not* to donate to my University Library for New Fans -
Totally leaving out Klein taking over their whole pre-71 catalog disqualifies the film as an overview of what the band's survived.
And of course the Department of Historical Accuracy takes a dim view of the way they played around with super-familiar footage -
but indeed, some of the previously unseen snippets are very nice, and so is some of the audio

with sssoul, i love the Department of Historical Accuracy! Do you think they would know the name of the girl Keith is seen kissing in his underwear (or is that bathing suit?) You can see her in the back seat with him as well in another scene, and then getting on the plane later near Mick. I'm thinking she's a b/u singer?

Date: March 9, 2013 20:35

CindyC
with sssoul

with sssoul, i love the Department of Historical Accuracy! Do you think they would know the name of the girl Keith is seen kissing in his underwear (or is that bathing suit?) You can see her in the back seat with him as well in another scene, and then getting on the plane later near Mick. I'm thinking she's a b/u singer?

The consensus seems to be that it is a very young Jolie Jones, daughter of Quincy Jones. Funny that Keith doesn't mention her at all in Life...couldn't have anything to do with her being only about 16 at the time, could it? grinning smiley

Date: March 9, 2013 20:38

latebloomer
The consensus seems to be that it is a very young Jolie Jones, daughter of Quincy Jones. Funny that Keith doesn't mention her at all in Life...couldn't have anything to do with her being only about 16 at the time, could it? grinning smiley

Really? She didn't look that young. It's funny that she made it into so many shots. I guess I'm obliged to say, no no, bad Keith!

Date: March 9, 2013 20:41

CindyC
latebloomer

Really? She didn't look that young. It's funny that she made it into so many shots. I guess I'm obliged to say, no no, bad Keith!

Here's the thread Cindy, with more pictures of lovely Jolie and Keith. Keith really did have the most beautiful women...

[www.iorr.org]

Date: March 9, 2013 20:46

CindyC
latebloomer

The legal age of consent in UK is 16.

When in Rome and all that, but anyway.

Date: March 9, 2013 20:52

His Majesty
CindyC
latebloomer

The legal age of consent in UK is 16.

When in Rome and all that, but anyway.

I wasn't serious HM. I just think it's funny that Keith, who prides himself on not being a womanizer, conveniently left out his very young extra curricular girlfriend from his book. winking smiley

Date: March 9, 2013 20:57

latebloomer

I wasn't serious HM. I just think it's funny that Keith, who prides himself on not being a womanizer, conveniently left out his very young extra curricular girlfriend from his book. winking smiley

He also left out that not long after hooking up with Anita had a wee thing with Uschi in Germany during 1967 European tour.

What a bunch of sluts those stones were. grinning smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 9, 2013 21:15

latebloomer
CindyC
with sssoul

maybe he decided not to mention her because it would get in a conflict with his high moral position from which he denounced Jagger in his ill-treatment of women.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 9, 2013 21:25

proudmary
latebloomer
CindyC
with sssoul

maybe he decided not to mention her because it would get in a conflict with his high moral position from which he denounced Jagger in his ill-treatment of women.

His high moral position didn't have anything to do with it...he left lots of stuff out of the book...put a lot into it too...

Date: March 9, 2013 21:34

...he left lots of stuff out of the book...
yep, about himself

...put a lot into it too...
absolutely - about stuff of the others

Date: March 9, 2013 21:35

Life is an ace book. Bullshit, hypocrisy and all.

Tis so very human.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 9, 2013 21:36

proudmary
...he left lots of stuff out of the book...
yep, about himself

...put a lot into it too...
absolutely - about stuff of the others

Wait. That's exactly what I said. I just said it with more authority and conviction. You seem hesitant.

Date: March 9, 2013 21:38

Munichhilton
proudmary
latebloomer
CindyC
with sssoul

His high moral position didn't have anything to do with it...he left lots of stuff out of the book...put a lot into it too...

Of course he did, and I'd love to see what got cut. I don't think he did any moralizing in regard to Jagger and his women, more bemused amusement.

Keith was no saint on the road, but none of them were. That's part of their bad boy charm, isn't it?

Date: March 9, 2013 21:39

His Majesty

Tis so very human.

yes, Richards is very human. The problem is that he does not like when others are human too. Especially if they are human not like him, but on their own way

Date: March 9, 2013 21:40

Who they are is vital to the music.

Date: March 9, 2013 21:41

latebloomer
Munichhilton
proudmary
latebloomer
CindyC
with sssoul

Of course he did, and I'd love to see what got cut. I don't think he did any moralizing in regard to Jagger and his women, more bemused amusement.

Keith was no saint on the road, but none of them were. That's part of their bad boy charm, isn't it?

you can't be serious, right?

Date: March 9, 2013 21:42

proudmary
His Majesty

Tis so very human.

yes, Richards is very human. The problem is that he does not like when others are human too. Especially if they are human not like him, but on their own way

Let those who are actually involved worry about it, for us it's just part of their story.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2025
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home