Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Clapton To Stop Touring In 2015
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 2, 2013 02:11

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-02 02:27 by tatters.

Re: OT: Clapton To Stop Touring In 2015?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 2, 2013 02:16

Its about time.

Date: March 2, 2013 02:17

Hopefully The Who dirty ole Uncle Petey and company will follow his lead.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 2, 2013 02:17

I seem to remember him doing a farewell tour in 2001.

Date: March 2, 2013 02:19

tatters
I seem to remember him doing a farewell tour in 2001.

One of many "farewell tours".

Re: OT: Clapton To Stop Touring In 2015
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 2, 2013 02:40

The Who must hold the record though, first farewell tour was in 1982 and Mick couldn't stop talking about it in the early 80s and like the Stones would never announce one...so far so good ;-)

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 2, 2013 07:05

Not trying to be on an ego trip, but I've seen Eric on a few occassions while on tour walking around hotel grounds for a morning stroll...never once saw him holding a bottle of Tide or asking the front desk for change.

And yes, I've had him do the stare thing into my eyes. It's a "yes, I am who you think...please leave me alone" gaze.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 2, 2013 07:09

Can you remind me in 2014. Just in case I forget.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 2, 2013 08:47

Weird, that the same people wishing Clapton, Daltrey, and Townshend into retirement want The Stones to carry on forever.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 2, 2013 09:03

stonehearted
Weird, that the same people wishing Clapton, Daltrey, and Townshend into retirement want The Stones to carry on forever.

It's not weird on a Stones fan site.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: March 2, 2013 13:44

Max'sKansasCity
Hopefully The Who dirty ole Uncle Petey and company will follow his lead.

Saw the Who a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the best concerts I've seen. Hope they continue touring.

Pete may be old but he ain't dirty.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 2, 2013 17:10

The Who are fine as they are (although the should probably change their name)...and Clapton won't retire. He's been up to this too long.

Besides I have to see him a couple ore times before I'm done.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 2, 2013 17:25

Munichhilton
The Who are fine as they are (although the should probably change their name)...and Clapton won't retire. He's been up to this too long.

I must say that I was impressed with Clapton at 121212, not so much the Who. I'd seen Clapton in the 80s and it was a quite dull affair, I think he had Mark Knopfler on guitar....I know, this should have been great.

Date: March 2, 2013 17:33

treaclefingers
Munichhilton

I must say that I was impressed with Clapton at 121212, not so much the Who. I'd seen Clapton in the 80s and it was a quite dull affair, I think he had Mark Knopfler on guitar....I know, this should have been great.

Sounds like we have had similar experiences.
I have soundboard recordings of the 5 or 6 shows I saw him at in 1980-1988(?) and they are pretty dull.

Mark Knopfler hiding from Dire Straits. Phil Collins hiding from whatever Phil hides from...Eric was just mind numbingly uneventful and safe. It was at a time when SRV was out there scaring the crap outta all us...

121212 was a great shot of Eric doing good things. I had never heard 'Gotta Get Better In A Little While" before that night. Dunno why.

Bring him on...what the heck

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: March 2, 2013 17:38

He did his first Goodbye tour with Cream 1968...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 2, 2013 17:50

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton

I have soundboard recordings of the 5 or 6 shows I saw him at in 1980-1988(?) and they are pretty dull.

Mark Knopfler hiding from Dire Straits. Phil Collins hiding from whatever Phil hides from...Eric was just mind numbingly uneventful and safe. It was at a time when SRV was out there scaring the crap outta all us...

121212 was a great shot of Eric doing good things. I had never heard 'Gotta Get Better In A Little While" before that night. Dunno why.

Clapton from 1990 onwards is a different Clapton than Clapton before that. He was drinking heavily in the 70s and 80s.

Want to hear a good Clapton show......apart from Derek & The Dominoes; then try a 90s show, or a 2000s show; for instance Belfast 2004 or Budokan 2001.
Clapton is gettin so much bad rap on IORR; just due to the limited knowledge/interest among the crowd here, not because of Clapton. The same way people without any knowledge of Rolling Stones would diss them just because of Emotional Rescue, the Start Me Up video, Jagger's solo career, etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-02 17:56 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 2, 2013 17:53

Erik_Snow
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton

Clapton from 1990 onwards is a different Clapton than Clapton before that. He was drinking heavily in the 80s and 90s.

Want to hear a good Clapton show......apart from Derek & The Dominoes; then try a 90s show, or a 2000s show; for instance Belfast 2004 or Budokan 2001.
Clapton is gettin so much bad rap on IORR; just due to the limited knowledge/interest among the crowd here, not because of Clapton. The same way people without any knowledge of Rolling Stones would diss them just because of Emotional Rescue, the Start Me Up video, Jagger's solo career, etc

I love you, man.

EC here in two weeks. There's electricity in the air. I'm not sure, but I think I see certain stars in the sky beginning to sparkle in ways I've never seen before.

Date: March 2, 2013 17:55

Hey Munich; download one (or both) of these 2 torrents;

Budokan 2001: [www.hungercity.org]
Belfast 2004: [www.hungercity.org]

and then shut your whiney ass up

Oh, that sounded really rude I suppose. Well....you deserve it; for sure, he he

Date: March 2, 2013 17:58

Erik_Snow

I'm incensed at your insensitivity...I had to live through Eric and PHIL COLLINS for the love of all things sacred. I whine with authority...

Date: March 2, 2013 18:05

Erik_Snow
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton

Clapton from 1990 onwards is a different Clapton than Clapton before that.

True, he got a lot worse...butchering this classic:

One of the posts under this call this the more 'practical version'...I think that may be the main problem with it.

Date: March 2, 2013 18:13

treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton

One of the posts under this call this the more 'practical version'...I think that may be the main problem with it.

Clapton takes chances and does what he feels like, unlike the money-polished Rolling Stones touring company; so of course there's some bums now and then. If you used Dylan as a kicking doll (you use that word in English?) you can find MUCH worse examples of bad attempts at a song, than that Layla there. Doesn't make Dylan an irrelevant artist or a bad performer. The good attempts speaks for themselves. I don't diss Rolling Stones because of the awful A Bigger Bang album either. Sticky Fingers is something else.

Eric Clapton is often being dissed by people who don't play guitar I have noticed.

Date: March 2, 2013 18:19

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton

Clapton takes chances and does what he feels like, unlike the money-polished Rolling Stones touring company; so of course there's some bums now and then. If you used Dylan as a kicking doll (you use that word in English?) you can find MUCH worse examples of bad attempts at a song, than that Layla there. Doesn't make Dylan an irrelevant artist or a bad performer. The good attempts speaks for themselves. I don't diss Rolling Stones because of the awful A Bigger Bang album either. Sticky Fingers is something else.

Eric Clapton is often being dissed by people who don't play guitar I have noticed.

On the other hand, I've noticed God disses him so at least that brings us back to some sort of equilibrium.

AND, if this is the sound of EC taking chances, I'd be interested in what he sounds like when he's playing it safe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-02 18:21 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 2, 2013 18:19

I love the acoustic Layla - took a chance and delivered. Also like the "jazz" version with Marsalis. EC is GOD. He truly is.

Date: March 2, 2013 18:22

This is getting outta hand...there is no God but God...
God wouldn't play with PHIL COLLINS...

sorry. it still hurts.

Date: March 2, 2013 18:24

GRNRBITW
I love the acoustic Layla - took a chance and delivered. Also like the "jazz" version with Marsalis. EC is GOD. He truly is.

If that's the case, I take a chance most Friday nights with pizza...I also have it delivered.

Date: March 2, 2013 18:25

Damn I miss this guy...instead of going to see him for the umpteenth time this weekend all I have is a statue....treat Stevie well God...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 2, 2013 18:37

The original version of layla rocks. Great hook, it's an exciting piece of rock pushed WAY up at the end by Duane Allman.

How anyone can not hear the Unplugged version as elevator music in comparison is beyond me.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: March 2, 2013 18:41

Munichhilton
Erik_Snow

I'm incensed at your insensitivity...I had to live through Eric and PHIL COLLINS for the love of all things sacred. I whine with authority...

Just have to add....that "he he" looks stupid, but I had to include it so that I won't be banned again

Date: March 2, 2013 18:43

treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton

On the other hand, I've noticed God disses him so at least that brings us back to some sort of equilibrium.

AND, if this is the sound of EC taking chances, I'd be interested in what he sounds like when he's playing it safe.

Download one of the concerts in the link then
But I bet you won't. It always feel neat to have somebody to put down; for some people. People putting people down.....what a great thing.

Date: March 2, 2013 19:00

Erik_Snow

Download one of the concerts in the link then
But I bet you won't. It always feel neat to have somebody to put down; for some people. People putting people down.....what a great thing.

You damn Norwegians are so cynical...I'm actually downloading EC now...right in the middle of an Eagles weekend!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home