Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour - announcement Wednesday
Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: April 1, 2013 22:14

bye bye johnny
Rolling Stones Expected to Announce Tour on Wednesday

They've been counting down to 'Start Me Up Wednesday' since late last week

The Rolling Stones billboards in Las Vegas.

By Andy Greene
April 1, 2013 11:25 AM ET

The Rolling Stones are expected to make a big announcement on Wednesday, and it's presumably about their long-rumored American summer tour. Billboards stating "Start Me Up" and other song titles alongside the Stones' tongue logo have gone up around the country, and their Facebook, Twitter and official app have been counting down to #StartMeUpWednesday for a few days.

The group is already confirmed for the Glastonbury Festival on June 29th, and their other tour plans have been just about the worst-kept secret in rock. Late last month, Rolling Stone reported the band had signed on with AEG for an 18-date North American run. They will receive between $4 million and $5 million per show, meaning top tickets will cost about $500 to $650. Those numbers may be eye-popping, but they're actually slightly less than the top-tier seats from the band's brief 2012 tour.

It's unclear how the tour will be announced on Wednesday. Many of the Stones' past tours were announced with gigantic press conferences, but their 2012 dates were announced by press release.

The Rolling Stones are going to play London's Hyde Park this summer and will probably add other European dates, but it seems likely this will be a significantly smaller tour than the marathon outings of the past. "Are the Stones going to do anything after this? I doubt it," an industry source told Rolling Stone. "Look, anything's possible. But it's Mick and Keith's show, so we don't know."

[www.rollingstone.com]

I'm more interested in that KISS poster bottom left!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 1, 2013 22:16

Grison
Who's Driving Your Plane????
And how did you think about those Dates?

Dates were posted at Shidoobee and have since been disseminated widely.

No source was cited, and "maybe" isn't exactly business-speak, but this much is certain - Pitbull and Ke$ha will be at MGM Grand Arena on June 15, not the Rolling Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-01 22:19 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 1, 2013 22:25

bye bye johnny
Grison
Who's Driving Your Plane????
And how did you think about those Dates?

Dates were posted at Shidoobee and have since been disseminated widely.

No source was cited, and "maybe" isn't exactly business-speak, but this much is certain - Pitbull and Ke$ha will be at MGM Grand Arena on June 15, not the Rolling Stones.

Now that gets me tingly

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: April 1, 2013 22:30

Ke$ha website says MGM Grand Arena, but if you click buy tickets it sends you to ticketmaster and lists the venue as the Mandalay Bay events center, not the MGM Grand Arena. So 6-15 at MGM is a possiblity

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 1, 2013 23:12

dhinkle555
website says MGM Grand Arena, but if you click buy tickets it sends you to ticketmaster and lists the venue as the Mandalay Bay events center, not the MGM Grand Arena. So 6-15 at MGM is a possiblity

Some people are speculating the Ke$ha tour isn't selling anything and is in seriousl jeopardy. And you can get up to 8 floor tix together for the Las Vegas show.

Date: April 1, 2013 23:19

Rolling Stones in Boston?

By Jed Gottlieb / Boston Herald

OK, first Paul McCartney announces a Fenway Park show. Now, Stones lips and "She Comes in Colors" are flashing on the video tower outside the Boston Convention Center. Are Mick and Keef coming to Boston? Probably.

The Stones are expected to announce a summer tour on Wednesday but have kept mum on the dates and locations. They have however hinted with lips and lyrics on billboards across the country -- "Start Me Up" near the San Francisco Bay Bridge, "Satisfaction" on La Brea Boulevard in Los Angeles, and a scattering of others.

A few weeks back, Rolling Stone magazine reported concert promoter AEG had put together an 18-date summer jaunt through the States and Canada. Rumors are this will be a slightly smaller event than past tours -- this likely means TD Garden, which is small for the Stones. The magazine also revealed the band was making up to $5 million a gig so don't expect $25 nose-bleed seats.

Details to come Wednesday...

[bostonherald.com]

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 2, 2013 00:16

Boston - sweet!

Date: April 2, 2013 00:57

Add Toronto to the billboard list:

Rolling Stones expected to unveil summer tour plans Wednesday

Billboards sporting the British band’s famed tongue logo have popped up around town promising a “surprise”

By: Ben Rayner Pop Music Critic, Published on Mon Apr 01 2013

The Rolling Stones have a surprise coming for us on Wednesday morning. Sort of.

Billboards sporting the Stones famed tongue logo, choice song titles from the band’s catalogue and a portentous “WEDNESDAY” went up in selected cities in North America on Monday afternoon — including two in Toronto off the Gardiner expressway at Kipling Avenue and another at the Gardiner and Park Lawn Road.

All of this, one suspects, means that the aged British rock ‘n’ rollers will finally be making an official announcement about the 50th-anniversary summer tour that everyone has been assuming would happen for months now. Nevertheless, publicists for the Rolling Stones were still playing coy about the matter on Monday.

“They’re just really a tease saying we’ve got news coming,” said one Stones spokeswoman of the billboards.

News of a summer tour by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood and the rest of their present-day touring band has, as RollingStone.com put it, “been just about the worst-kept secret in rock” for some time now. The magazine reported last month that the Rolling Stones had signed on with American concert-promotion AEG Live for an 18-date North American tour, while a June 29 date at the U.K.’s Glastonbury festival is already in the books. It’s doubtful the Rolling Stones machine would rev up once again for just one or two dates when there’s significant money to be made out there.

Another Rolling Stones road swing is always of note to Toronto because the band has used this city as its rehearsal base prior to previous world tours, and has also staged “surprise” gigs here at such venues as the Horseshoe Tavern, the Phoenix Concert Theatre and the Palais Royale as a thank-you to the town before departing. Keep your eyes open, then, Toronto: there might be a Keith sighting in your future.

[www.thestar.com]

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: April 2, 2013 01:45

maradona

Nice tour dates, found that list on Jos' aka UrbanSteel Facebook-Wall today. However, I don't know why they might start at West Coast, then moving to the east and afterwards go back to L.A. etc. Additionally I thought MSG was closed the next months due to renovations. Anybody with further information?
MSG closes after the last game (NHL and/or NBA) for the summer til late September, theorically that could be mid June with both the Knicks and Rangers in the playoffs (as of today). Realistically, is another story smiling smiley

I assume (if dates are accurate) the reason why LA is so late, is currently Staples Center would be hosting playoff games for 3 teams through May and mid June. So the teams woudl have a lot of "hold" dates throughout those months where nothing else can be scheduled

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-02 01:56 by OneHourPhoto.

Date: April 2, 2013 01:50

The number of "maybes" on that list makes it somewhat dubious. Announcement is in two days, so doubtless the tour itinerary's been finalized.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: April 2, 2013 02:03

Date: April 2, 2013 02:18

Looks like the OP nicked his "information" from a jamband fan forum, and reposted it sans caveat.

"AttyatLoew" posted one version yesterday, and another today.

speculation...

5/2 Key Arena, Seattle, WA (or Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC)
5/4 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA (or HP Pavilion at San Jose, San Jose, CA)
5/6 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA (or HP Pavilion at San Jose, San Jose, CA)
5/9 United Center, Chicago, IL
5/11 United Center, Chicago, IL
5/14 (or 19) Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON
(maybe) 5/15 TD Garden, Boston, MA (or 5/16 XL Center, Hartford, CT)
5/17 TD Garden, Boston, MA (or 5/18 XL Center, Hartford, CT)
5/19 (or 30) Verizon Center, Washington, DC
5/21 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
5/24 Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
5/27 Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
5/30 (or 6/5) Phillips Arena, Atlanta, GA
6/1 American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL
(maybe) 6/(5 or) 6 American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
6/8 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV
6/10 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
6/12 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
6/14 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV
6/29 Glastonbury Festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, UK
7/6 Barclayscard presents British Summer Time, Hyde Park, London, UK
7/13 Barclayscard presents British Summer Time, Hyde Park, London, UK
(maybe) 7/20 or 27 Plains of Abraham, Quebec City, QC

Revised

5/2 KeyArena, Seattle, WA
5/4 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA
5/6 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA
(maybe) 5/14 (or 19) Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON (or Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA)
and/or
(maybe) 5/16 Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA (or 5/15 TD Garden, Boston, MA)
5/18 XL Center, Hartford, CT (or 5/17 TD Garden, Boston, MA)
5/30 (or 19) Verizon Center, Washington, DC
(maybe) 6/4 (or 5/30) Time Warner Cable Center, Charlotte, NC or 6/5 (or 5/30) Phillips Arena, Atlanta, GA
and/or
(maybe) 6/6 AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX or American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
6/(10 or) 11 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
6/(12 or) 13 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
6/15 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV (or 6/14 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA)

[phantasytour.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-02 02:29 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 2, 2013 02:44

If they only play one show at MSG, I suspect it will be a very hot, expensive ticket. Broker Heaven.

Date: April 2, 2013 03:58

bye bye johnny
Looks like the OP nicked his "information" from a jamband fan forum, and reposted it sans caveat.

"AttyatLoew" posted one version yesterday, and another today.

speculation...

5/2 Key Arena, Seattle, WA (or Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC)
5/4 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA (or HP Pavilion at San Jose, San Jose, CA)
5/6 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA (or HP Pavilion at San Jose, San Jose, CA)
5/14 (or 19) Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON
(maybe) 5/15 TD Garden, Boston, MA (or 5/16 XL Center, Hartford, CT)
5/17 TD Garden, Boston, MA (or 5/18 XL Center, Hartford, CT)
5/19 (or 30) Verizon Center, Washington, DC
5/30 (or 6/5) Phillips Arena, Atlanta, GA
(maybe) 6/(5 or) 6 American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
6/10 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
6/12 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
6/14 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV
(maybe) 7/20 or 27 Plains of Abraham, Quebec City, QC

Revised

5/2 KeyArena, Seattle, WA
5/4 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA
5/6 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA
(maybe) 5/14 (or 19) Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON (or Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA)
and/or
(maybe) 5/16 Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA (or 5/15 TD Garden, Boston, MA)
5/18 XL Center, Hartford, CT (or 5/17 TD Garden, Boston, MA)
5/30 (or 19) Verizon Center, Washington, DC
(maybe) 6/4 (or 5/30) Time Warner Cable Center, Charlotte, NC or 6/5 (or 5/30) Phillips Arena, Atlanta, GA
and/or
(maybe) 6/6 AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX or American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
6/(10 or) 11 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
6/(12 or) 13 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
6/15 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV (or 6/14 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA)

[phantasytour.com]

Looks like Vancouver's on the bubble

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 2, 2013 04:05

I just wonder... What kind of vehicle they will use this time. For sure it must be something hated by Charlie. This put horses aside. So what are we left with?

Date: April 2, 2013 05:25

ironbelly
I just wonder... What kind of vehicle they will use this time. For sure it must be something hated by Charlie. This put horses aside. So what are we left with?

Segway's perhaps?

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: April 2, 2013 05:50

Fingers are crossed for Vancouver (nothing against Seattle of course)thumbs up

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: April 2, 2013 10:07

Nothing about Europe than in Glastonbury ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-02 10:08 by Stone601.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 2, 2013 10:47

Stone601

Patience! I don't recall them ever releasing US and EU dates simultaneously. They have usually been treated as separate events.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 2, 2013 12:20

i have a strong feelinh, Hyde park WILL be announced also tomorrow !!!

ps Easy Jet tickets from Amsterdam to London E 50.

Jeroen

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 2, 2013 12:40

Have we considered for a moment that tomorrow's announcement might be nothing more than them saying they have nothing particular to tell us at this moment in time, and furthermore ......... that it has been brought to their attention that the TELL Me message board on IORR.ORG is failing in its duty to fill up this particular thread with 50 (and counting) pages of pure bollocks, one of each of their years in the business to date ?

This is very disappointing people .... we need to improve, and do so immediately !!

Who knows nothing ? You ? Excellent, well don't keep it to yourself, selfish idle bastard ..... POST IT HERE !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 2, 2013 12:46

paulywaul
Who knows nothing ?

Now what if somebody knows really something, but is not allowed to say it ? Should he/she post that he/she knows really something, but is not allowed to say it ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: April 2, 2013 12:49

Glam Descendant
Stone601

Patience! I don't recall them ever releasing US and EU dates simultaneously. They have usually been treated as separate events.

Yes it's true, but it never happened that announce a single date, Glastonbury, before a tour .... I begin to have doubts
hope I'm wrong

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 2, 2013 12:57

Rolling Hansie
paulywaul
Who knows nothing ?

Now what if somebody knows really something, but is not allowed to say it ? Should he/she post that he/she knows really something, but is not allowed to say it ?

What are you not allowed to say, Hansie ?

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 2, 2013 13:13

paulywaul
Have we considered for a moment that tomorrow's announcement might be nothing more than them saying they have nothing particular to tell us at this moment in time, and furthermore ......... that it has been brought to their attention that the TELL Me message board on IORR.ORG is failing in its duty to fill up this particular thread with 50 (and counting) pages of pure bollocks, one of each of their years in the business to date ?

This is very disappointing people .... we need to improve, and do so immediately !!

Who knows nothing ? You ? Excellent, well don't keep it to yourself, selfish idle bastard ..... POST IT HERE !!
Well, for what it's worth, I know something about nothing, but nothing of note about something that someone might know about.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 2, 2013 13:15

Paulywaul I was missing your comments, but you did not pick up the last days. As you may see it is still your responsibility to push the fan community to the 50 pages and counting hot smiley

For now I am interested about the time of the announcement. Will it be Pacific Time, or Eastern Standard or even Midwesttime or do we have to know the time in Nunavut to ensure that we are the first reading the announcement ????eye rolling smiley

Date: April 2, 2013 13:49

chriseganstar
paulywaul

Well, for what it's worth, I know something about nothing, but nothing of note about something that someone might know about.

Well that makes two of us at least then, that know nothing of any worth or significance. I mean to say, I DO actually know that they will be playing Glastonbury on 29th June, but this neither of any great value nor of significance. Why ? Because (a) it's going to piss down with rain like it ALWAYS does and f**k it all up for everybody, and (b) I ain't gonna be there anyway. And that's about it really.

So how's THAT for real actual news, not an unsubstantiated rumour or malicious gossip ?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 2, 2013 14:00

paulywaul
chriseganstar
paulywaul

Well that makes two of us at least then, that know nothing of any worth or significance. I mean to say, I DO actually know that they will be playing Glastonbury on 29th June, but this neither of any great value nor of significance. Why ? Because (a) it's going to piss down with rain like it ALWAYS does and f**k it all up for everybody, and (b) I ain't gonna be there anyway. And that's about it really.

So how's THAT for real actual news, not an unsubstantiated rumour or malicious gossip ?

But do you know that this was your 6868th post in IORR??? So it you did not know, now you know. And I think this information is of significance substancewinking smiley

It may rain in Glastonbury, but she will smile sweetely in Hyde Park during sunset ....tongue sticking out smiley

Date: April 2, 2013 14:09

Grison
paulywaul
chriseganstar
paulywaul

But do you know that this was your 6868th post in IORR??? So it you did not know, now you know. And I think this information is of significance substancewinking smiley

It may rain in Glastonbury, but she will smile sweetely in Hyde Park during sunset ....tongue sticking out smiley

Fame AT LAST. 6868 (6869 now) posts of mostly complete nonsense !! Thank you for pointing this out, I had overlooked that !!

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: April 2, 2013 14:17

boston, toronto, las vegas, nyc, LA, san francisco, London...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home