Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 56
Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour - announcement today!!!
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 24, 2013 21:26

This thread was started February 24, 2013, and closed when the 2013 tour was announced on April 3 at 9:15am EST (US East Coast) i.e. 15:15 CET (Central Europena) time.

This is the original contents - please read on for the historic references ...

-----

In less that four months from now The Rolling Stones are expected to be doing Part Two of their "50 and Counting" 50th anniversary tour. There are rumours about arena shows on the US west coast as well as several festival prospects.

Update March 30: The Rolling Stones are announcing the following on Facebook:

The Rolling Stones
#StartMeUpWednesday

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-03 16:45 by bv.

Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 24, 2013 21:30

US?

What about the rest of us?

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: February 24, 2013 21:36

Are there any STRONG rumors?

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: February 24, 2013 21:37

Thanks BV for this Info .... So we will stay tuned ....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 24, 2013 21:37

Please tell me they will be coming to the US east coast again...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 24, 2013 21:38

There are rumours about arena shows on the US west coast

In other words, a couple of shows in LA, where there are plenty of people who can afford the $2,450.00 tickets.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-24 21:39 by tatters.

Date: February 24, 2013 21:51

There are rumours about shows in North America June and later in the summer of 2013, also rumours about South America late 2013, also other parts of the world. I have many dates and rumours, but I will not publish anything until I get the information from at least two different and independent sources. Right now it looks like they are collecting bids and keep options open. I don't think there will be a lot of shows, and I don't think they wilkl announce many shows. Probably just a few at a time, like they did with the five shows in London, Brookluyn and Newark. But don't worry. They may not find the time to visit every corner of the world, not every country, but if you save some time and money, you are up for some great fun in just a few months time.

Bjornulf

Date: February 24, 2013 21:53

Money and time BV, those elusive twin goals. Ah well, we can't take it with us, so I'll scrounge the money up and find the time. Life's too short to leave out the fun.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 24, 2013 21:54

YEAH!!! Bring it on! again!
When the Stones are on tour it is like Christmas every week!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-24 21:55 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: February 24, 2013 21:56

latebloomer
Money and time BV, those elusive twin goals. Ah well, we can't take it with us, so I'll scrounge the money up and find the time. Life's too short to leave out the fun.

We can't take it with us, but we can give it to our children...I'm at the age where I have to think about things in those terms. I could have spent about $700.00 to go to Newark and see the show...but sometimes it's just not realistic.

Hat's off to those who can do it though!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 24, 2013 22:02

I've got time. But how much money I'll need is the question. If they charge stupid ticket prices again. I won't bother spending the money. They better get realistica and charge more reasonable prices in line with current big acts.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 24, 2013 22:09

MrMonte
latebloomer

We can't take it with us, but we can give it to our children...I'm at the age where I have to think about things in those terms. I could have spent about $700.00 to go to Newark and see the show...but sometimes it's just not realistic.

Hat's off to those who can do it though!

Hat's off to you MrMonte for your priorities, you sound like a very good father. I need to think about the money too, but I don't plan to leave it to my kids, that's what life insurance is for. I've made a lot of financial sacrifices for my children so I don't feel guilty about spending some on myself. But, to each his own, everyone makes their own decisions about how to spend their money and everyone's situation is different.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 24, 2013 22:14

So, No Europe ????????
jeroen

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 24, 2013 22:16

bv
There are rumours about shows in North America June and later in the summer of 2013, also rumours about South America late 2013, also other parts of the world. I have many dates and rumours, but I will not publish anything until I get the information from at least two different and independent sources. Right now it looks like they are collecting bids and keep options open. I don't think there will be a lot of shows, and I don't think they wilkl announce many shows. Probably just a few at a time, like they did with the five shows in London, Brookluyn and Newark. But don't worry. They may not find the time to visit every corner of the world, not every country, but if you save some time and money, you are up for some great fun in just a few months time.

Hi BV - what about Europe?

Date: February 24, 2013 22:22

For most Stones fans in the world it is now 6-8 years since they got the chance to see The Rolling Stones live on stage. Within the next nine months we will have the chance to see them live at least one more time. It is not clear what the ticket prices will be. May be they will do some shows, like the Rio show, free. Who knows. May be they will charge 500 dollars or so, like last year.

If you divide 500 dollars with 8 years it is 60 dollars per year. If you can't afford 60 dollars per year to see the Stones live one more time in your life then I am sorry. But please do NOT spread your economical frustrations about ticket prices or life in general here. It is not interesting. It is debated to death. and... There is a separate thread about ticket prices. Please use that one if you want to complain. See link below.

We are grown up people. We do not need a zillion "tickets are too expensive" posts spread all over this board. So feel free to use the thread below - if you want to complain about yet unknown ticket prices. Then the rest of us can use this thread for more interesting talk about the shows and the upcoming tour.

Thanks!

The ticket prices complaints thread
[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 24, 2013 22:28

sweetcharmedlife
I've got time. But how much money I'll need is the question. If they charge stupid ticket prices again. I won't bother spending the money. They better get realistica and charge more reasonable prices in line with current big acts.

Hello - less shows with a big arrangement, less difficult it is to make breakeven. For the last many tours, it takes quite some shows to have paid the expenses / to reach economic breakeven before there is any earnings.
Remember, it is quite expensive to build a stage, to carry the stage around Worldwide, to transport all the circus around the World inclusive workers etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-24 22:51 by mtaylor.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 24, 2013 22:29

Im very curious to see if they keep the pit and walkway, or go back to the standard set up, and hopefully the center stage. I love that center stage, it turns the crappy not-so-good floor seats into AWESOME seats for 3 songs smiling smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 24, 2013 22:40

GravityBoy
US?

Yeah...like what about Texas?
Wha'ppen?

Date: February 24, 2013 22:44

I would expect them to do the arena shows with the tongue & pit stage, probably in places like MGM Las Vegas and Staples LA, then probably a totally different concept with the festival shows and larger crowds. They have the world's best people working for them in staging and promotion, so no worries.

Bjornulf

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 24, 2013 23:25

Munichhilton
GravityBoy
US?

Wha'ppen?

Yeah... Texas... the Lobe Star Staight.

Them as well.

Weirdos.

Date: February 24, 2013 23:37

GravityBoy
Munichhilton
GravityBoy
US?

Wha'ppen?

Yeah... Texas... the Lobe Star Staight.

Them as well.

Weirdos.

Danger. Mouse.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 24, 2013 23:39

BV,so at the moment no shows in Europe...Maybe in early 2014 in small place or there is some chances for this year in stadium?!Are there news about a possible new album or 1-2 new tracks?!

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: February 25, 2013 00:12

tatters
There are rumours about arena shows on the US west coast

In other words, a couple of shows in LA, where there are plenty of people who can afford the $2,450.00 tickets.

Tatters —

Was expecting a link somewhere to this. Front row center, under the arm pits? An event package?

Seriously, could please add a link to where this is from? Not a complaint, more curious as to the coming price structure. May need to call my mortgage broker.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 25, 2013 00:36

I'm interested more in what the configuration of the band is more than where they're going to be. They needed those guest stars and former members to get any excitement going. On the PPV they just shuffled along until guest stars goosed them up a bit. I've had enough of the lineup they've had from Voodoo through a Bigger Bang. They have to shake it up or what's the point? I've seen them close up. I've seen them on good night and bad nights. If it's just going to be warhorses and one or two 'rarities' with Chuck & Daryyl, I think I've had enough.

Date: February 25, 2013 00:42

I never said anything about Europe. In fact, as far as I know, The Rolling Stones performed in Europe less than three months ago. And I have to say one thing very clearly. Don't expect them to stop on your doorstep. If you live in Europe, then London is less than two hours flying with a budget airliner ticket. I would not say that was your last chance, in Europe, but don't save your money until all the shows are all over. There might not be hundreds, there might no be dozens. Some for sure, but not every city every country.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 25, 2013 01:00

...And what about a new album or a couple of new tracks, do you think that are there any possibilities about it?!

Date: February 25, 2013 01:22

a couple of new tracks?

damned if they haven't thought of that a few times...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 25, 2013 01:26

Well I guess a little vacation in California will have to be looked into then, that's ok ;-)

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: February 25, 2013 01:42

/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-25 07:54 by Tonstone.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 25, 2013 01:54

Tonstone
Jeezuz BV

Bjornulf is a great guy, but that is really too much credit.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2011
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home