Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Informal opinion poll: Out of the five shows, what was your favorite performance wise?
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:43

From people who were there at these shows and/or viewed them from videos that have been posted, I'm very curious to get people's take on what they considered to be their best show/shows performance wise? Was it indeed last night's pay per view?

Re: Informal opinion poll: Out of the five shows, what was your favorite performance wise?
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:52

second show at the O2

Re: Informal opinion poll: Out of the five shows, what was your favorite performance wise?
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 16, 2012 16:01

Was at the 8th and 13th. BOTH were GRRReat!

I think the 13th comes out slightly on top. I had better sound at the first Newark show.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:06

MingSubu
Was at the 8th and 13th. BOTH were GRRReat!

I think the 13th comes out slightly on top. I had better sound at the first Newark show.

From all the videos I have seen so far, performance wise, I would cast my vote for the show on the 13th as well.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:09

The second show at the O2 and the 13th. Very good shows. I was pleasantly surprised; mostly by Keith.
And some songs from yesterday. PIB, GD, DF, WDYL, D&G, MR.
Now they can continue in 2013.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:15

Brroklyn because I was there!!!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:26

And as I said in another thread Lisa is the best for GS; not Blige or Gaga or Welch...

And again, really the choice for the minimalism is a very good choice: the stage, the light, the guitar sound back in front, some of the videos, some songs on the setlist, all or most of the arrangements. Everything is back to basics. The power of that is a highlight in itself. They deserve credits for daring to do that. Well done you showers of shit!

Now change the setlist into something more interesting; just three of four really exciting songs like TLT, A&A, GOOMC and IWBYM is not enough. Too many warhorses! But they play them very good this time especially SFTD and also Miss You surprised me the last two times.
And why not Taylor & Wyman together on two well chosen songs...that would be all the minimalistic highlight we really need. Sway, CYHMK, Moonlight Mile...stuff like that is a better choice than MR for Taylor to play in.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:29

I think "song highlights" for me have been - in this order ....

1 - Rambler with MT in Newark on 13 December
2 - Rambler with MT in London on 29 November
3 - Dead Flowers in Newark on 15 December
4 - Shelter with Florence Welch in London on 29 November

But hey .... so many songs, so many shows, so many vibes, so many different sentiments, memories, treasured moments, hard to choose.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:41

Brooklyn was great but is seems like musically, last night Newark 15th was the best. peace

Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:05

I was at the Brooklyn show and watched the PPV last night. I thought the Stones were so much better on the PPV. Better sounding, tighter, and Keith was ready to go from the start.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:37

Every first tracks of the shows
- I wanna be your man
- Get Off Of my cloud
- The last Time
- It's all over now
- Paint It black
- Lady Jane
- Around and Around

Some with the guests

- Gimme Shelter ( with Lady Gaga mostly for the fun)
- Champagne and Reefer (with Clapton)
- Going Down ( With J.Mayer and Gary Clark Jr)
- Who Do You Love ( with the Black Keys not the best I've heard but they did it)
- Midnight Rambler (from the first show in Newark)
Special mention
- Respectable (with John Mayer)
- YCAGWYW (with the Choir)
Honorable mention
- IORR and HTW because of Bill (it was good to see him back)

HMN

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:48

paulywaul
I think "song highlights" for me have been - in this order ....

1 - Rambler with MT in Newark on 13 December
2 - Rambler with MT in London on 29 November
3 - Dead Flowers in Newark on 15 December
4 - Shelter with Florence Welch in London on 29 November

But hey .... so many songs, so many shows, so many vibes, so many different sentiments, memories, treasured moments, hard to choose.

Gosh, forgot these two, now I'm going to have to re-juggle the order. O well f**k it, can't be bothered to do that, but certainly other astonishing highlights have been:

5 - Champagne & Reefer with Clapton in London on 29 November
6 - Respectable with John Mayer in Newark on 13 December

I have to stop reading this thread now, otherwise I'll just end up adding more and more to the list as I get reminded of things from looking at what other people post.

Glad I've seen all five of these shows, they were ALL special in their own ways, each had major highlights. Regardless of what is to come (or perhaps not - Jagger is being particularly cagey about "the future" when interviewed), I think these five shows have been outstanding and truly memorable. If they never ever hit a stage again and Newark New Jersey on 15 December 2012 turns out to have been the proverbial LAST TIME (aaaaaagh shriek), I can at least be happy happy happy that I saw all five of these extraordinary 50th anniversary shows !!

WHAT a band !! hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: RockinBud ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:07

claremont29
I was at the Brooklyn show and watched the PPV last night. I thought the Stones were so much better on the PPV. Better sounding, tighter, and Keith was ready to go from the start.

AGreed, I was at Brooklyn show in $300 seats with a pair of 6+footers standing in front of me. I loved the show and the band was fantastic, last night on my flat screen w Bose surround sound was really like having the best seat in the house. Would I have preferred to be there ? probably, but I saved $1600 and didnt have to drive. last nights show was really a cut above all else. The PPV was fantastic the sound was par excellance

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 17, 2012 22:32

I think Brooklyn would have had a chance to be #2 ( behind the PPV Event) BUT NO MICK TAYLOR! The sound of those guitars was incredible...loud enough, powerful without being painful. The entire band put forth a concentrated effort, and it paid off in spades. a really marvelous night!

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: December 17, 2012 23:30

London 29th because I was there ;-)

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 18, 2012 00:29

Having seen the two Newark shows, I'd have to agree with Pauly's "Midnight Rambler", both
that I saw, especially Dec. 13th, the first one in Newark.

I'd also have to say "Around and Around", from the pit on Dec. 13, and "Going Down" from a close
side seat on Dec. 15, and finally, from the videotapes shown here, for sheer entertainment, Florence
on "Gimme Shelter" in London, Nov. 29th.

Of the two I saw, I'd go with the first, Dec. 13th.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-18 00:31 by angee.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 18, 2012 05:00

Right. Why not Wyman and Taylor together?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 18, 2012 05:03

London 29th .... knocked me ...just a like good show should .... ACE!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: December 18, 2012 09:31

O2 #1

Date: December 18, 2012 10:10

I only catched the first O2-show live, but judging from YT-clips and PPV, I'd say show 1, 2 and 5 were the best. I got a feeling the second O2-show was the best, although the PPV-show was really good as well.

However, the first was special since I was there - and Keith looked sharper on this show as well.

Posted by: jack73 ()
Date: December 18, 2012 10:11

London 29th because I was there ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2181
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home