Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 71 TELE Are you there? free ticket tonight/ I have a few more!! Where are the Taylor fans!!!!
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 27, 2014 05:22

Talk about heartwarming! What a great guy Blackdog is.

Re: 71 TELE Are you there? free ticket tonight/ I have a few more!! Where are the Taylor fans!!!!
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 27, 2014 07:22

True kindness is when someone makes a gesture like this to a person he or she does not even know. Even though I was not able to take blackdog up on his offer, it warmed my heart that it was made.

Date: August 27, 2014 08:39

Lovely!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 27, 2014 13:04

schillid
Just that one drawing, Beast. I gave the drawing to Blackdog that amazing night when he gave me -- a total stranger -- 2 tickets to see the Stones on Saturday Dec. 15, 2012 in Newark, NJ.

That's a great way to repay a great kindness! Rolling Stones fans are the best [sometimes]..!!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 27, 2014 17:14

BTW. Re-reading this nice thread, - what happened to "Max K.City" ?

Date: August 27, 2014 20:23

CousinC

Our dear friend Max (my old sparring partner) left us a while back. Still not sure why. Although we often disagreed (sometimes passionately) I believe we developed a mutual respect and affection over time. I wish him well.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 27, 2014 22:34

CousinC

He polluted a show thread with numerous posts containing nothing else than emoticons, beer-shaking graphics and the like and was subsequently banned. Furthermore, he showed little to no respect to people with different opinions who he used to call "whiners" all the time.

I must say that there are other people who I miss considerably more here than Max. Erik. Stones Tod. His Majesty. Good people. Knowledgeable people. Lots of humour, too. Always good for interesting and informative discussions. Max? Not so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-27 22:38 by alimente.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 27, 2014 23:00

alimente

I must say that there are other people who I miss considerably more here than Max. Erik. Stones Tod. His Majesty. Good people. Knowledgeable people. Lots of humour, too. Always good for interesting and informative discussions. Max? Not so.

What has happened to Erik Snow???eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 27, 2014 23:12

Keeping this on topic...
Expressing my thanks to Mr. Blackdog, who quickly became a friend of mine.
And y'all got it right: B is one cool dude smoking smiley.
Cheers, mate... smileys with beer maybe we'll get together again one of these days...

Date: August 27, 2014 23:47

alimente
CousinC

He polluted a show thread with numerous posts containing nothing else than emoticons, beer-shaking graphics and the like and was subsequently banned. Furthermore, he showed little to no respect to people with different opinions who he used to call "whiners" all the time.

Yes, miss Erik and especially StonesTod...I didn't often agree with Max, and he had a hard time handling any criticism of the Stones, but it is better to make peace if you can.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 28, 2014 08:09

71Tele
alimente
CousinC

Yes, miss Erik and especially StonesTod...I didn't often agree with Max, and he had a hard time handling any criticism of the Stones, but it is better to make peace if you can.

Making peace...well, there was no war, so "making peace" is not exactly required...it's just that one likes certain posters more than others, and this has not necessarily to do with if one shares their opinions or not...more with their attitude, if they are at least able to accept different opinions and don't insult people with different opinions or viewpoints as "whiners" - like Max.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home