Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: 71 TELE Are you there? free ticket tonight/ I have a few more!! Where are the Taylor fans!!!!
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:14

gotta love the spirit of Stones fans !

Re: 71 TELE Are you there? free ticket tonight
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:15

Blackdog, I have just sliced that old drawing out of the old sketchbook where it's been for the last 31 years. I've packed in cardboard and a sturdy envelope!

Oh yeah!

Re: 71 TELE Are you there? free ticket tonight/ I have a few more!! Where are the Taylor fans!!!!
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:16

Have fun schillid!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:19

Hey Blackdog,

You are one cool cat.
Live is sweet, and you deserve some enormous karma tonight.
Well done, my friend.

Enjoy everyone!
I'll be watching on TV and wishing I was there with ya!

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:28

Schillid,

your good for the other.

I have two more!!!

Where are the Taylor fans!!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:28

This is great

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:29

71Tele
Turns out I traveled all that way for a Taylor-less show. Had a great time anyway. Cheers!

You aren't the only one. It was a blast. I have to admit the Taylor thing got me motivated to get out there but no regrets. peace

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:32

Lovely!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 16, 2012 01:57

Blackdog, unfortunately I am in Toronto but I will gladly take a rain check from you! Feel free to buy me a ticket if they ever come here again! tongue sticking out smiley

Date: December 16, 2012 02:11

71Tele
Have fun schillid!

THANKS TELE!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 16, 2012 02:34

Blackdog
My response was directed to Max.

Tele,

When they come to LA I will be in touch.

That would be great. Not sure if my email is hidden. It's jpc58@msn.com.

Have a great show!

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 16, 2012 02:52

The coolest thread ever, reaffirms my faith in the decency of human beings.

I hope you had a legendary night....

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: December 16, 2012 03:24

Great gesture!
Hope you all have a great show. As a Taylor-Stones lover I'd have loved to throw my hat in the ring too. But being in old Europe . .
Have fun!

Date: December 16, 2012 07:32

great show!

Blackdog... so generous of you... Thank you!

Hope you enjoy that drawing! I'm happy to have given it to you!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-22 21:36 by schillid.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 16, 2012 12:45

Absolutely Fabulous !!!

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 16, 2012 16:27

Great all this! Can we expect another great Rambler-video from you on YT, Schillid? You absolutely deserved that ticket! Well done, Blackdog!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 16, 2012 16:33

Way to go! cool smileythumbs up

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:01

Hello,

Just to pat the OP on the back, as it were, and say good on you!

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: December 16, 2012 18:21

Kleermaker, I did not record any video last night... It was much easier to enjoy & focus on the show without doing that. Besides, I was too busy setting up my easel and all my drawing materials at my seat. winking smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:26

schillid
Kleermaker, I did not record any video last night... It was much easier to enjoy & focus on the show without doing that. Besides, I was too busy setting up my easel and all my drawing materials at my seat. winking smiley

Well, I can understand that very well Schillid. Still enjoying your MR video from the 13th. Thanks again for that one. We'll be seeing your drawings later on herecool smiley

Date: December 16, 2012 18:31

schillid
great show!

Nice drawing! Really dig it! peace

Date: December 16, 2012 18:44

Thanks, Naturalust.

Some details...

*Original is from a sketchbook, approximately 6" x 9".
*The Spectrum (where I saw my first 2 Stones concerts) and Veterans Stadium are both visible, directly behind the stage... (The Spectrum, Veterans Stadium and JFK Stadium have all been torn down since then.)
*Clusters of balloons are tethered along edge of the stadium...
*2 helicopters flying in the sky, to the right of the Vet...
*In the distance, the skyline of Center City with the tiny lettering "Philadelphia" on the left side; on the right side is one of the bridges over the Delaware River (small lettering on the river: "Jersey/Pennsyl"
*The music is "drawn" too... shown as waves wafting out into the crowd (over the "Rolling Stones" lettering...)
*Drawn with pencil and pen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 23:15 by schillid.

Date: December 16, 2012 18:54

Thanks for the details. There are loads of things I love about the drawing.

-The shadows and texture changes in the audience.
-The correct angle on Bill Wymans bass.
-Jagger dancing

etc, etc

One question, what song are they playing? peace

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:32

schillid
great show!

I have seen this drawing for many years and loved it! I have been to JFK a few times and clearly remember the day of those shows. Sorry Schillid for being in a hurry just after I gave you the tickets. The concert was getting ready to start. Happy a Stones enthusiast enjoyed the show. I will keep you in mind for any extras in the future.

Date: December 16, 2012 23:27

Naturalust
One question, what song are they playing? peace

Interesting question... It was done so long ago that I couldn't remember which song. What is likely is that it was done over the course of a long, hot afternoon with several opening performaers in our lousy seats at the back of JFK Stadium! For the record: that concert in 1981 was one of the worst single performances i have ever seen by the Stones... sloppy playing... several total train wrecks all afternoon.

But it was more than made up, several times over in fact -- by the events of the last few nights!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:34

Ace drawing!

Date: December 17, 2012 00:05

Blackdog, that drawing is a bit fragile... Suggest that you take that little drawing to a frame shop for a professional matte and frame job. You might already be planning do this ... Cheers, ds

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-18 21:34 by schillid.

Date: August 27, 2014 02:23

kleermaker
schillid

Well, I can understand that very well Schillid. Still enjoying your MR video from the 13th. Thanks again for that one...

A pleasure! This was shot two nights before I met the generous Mr. Blackdog.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 27, 2014 02:54

I didn't see that unique drawing first time round, schillid. Do I understand correctly that you have also produced drawings of other shows? I think a trick has been missed here - meaning that you should have been employed all along as their official artist!

Date: August 27, 2014 04:59

Just that one drawing, Beast. I gave the drawing to Blackdog that amazing night when he gave me -- a total stranger -- 2 tickets to see the Stones on Saturday Dec. 15, 2012 in Newark, NJ.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2354
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home