Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Lady Gaga - Sadly Not OT
Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 15:21

Re: Lady Gaga - Sadly Not OT
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: December 10, 2012 15:25

nice

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: December 10, 2012 15:26

Bruce and Lady Gaga. Great! Good choice.

What songs could they play together?

Bruce: Street fighting man?

Lady Gaga: Wild Horses or Live with me?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 10, 2012 15:26

Check here [www.iorr.org]

Date: December 10, 2012 15:27

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 10, 2012 15:32

still I think in the History of the Rolling Stones chapters the London shows have been awarded with the better guest selection. This has not to do with quality, but in relation to the Stones.
As far as I can remember the old NMEs and MelodyMakers also Beck was once named to replace M. Taylor.

Bruce Springsteen is not a bad act in its own, mind you by no means, but I cannot imagine any Midnight Rambler or other song he could outline himself and bring his image into the Stones Music.

Lady Gaga is sure fancying to test Jagger on stage. I just wonder what she will wear? tongue sticking out smiley

Date: December 10, 2012 15:41

Grison
still I think in the History of the Rolling Stones chapters the London shows have been awarded with the better guest selection. This has not to do with quality, but in relation to the Stones.
As far as I can remember the old NMEs and MelodyMakers also Beck was once named to replace M. Taylor.

Bruce Springsteen is not a bad act in its own, mind you by no means, but I cannot imagine any Midnight Rambler or other song he could outline himself and bring his image into the Stones Music.

Lady Gaga is sure fancying to test Jagger on stage. I just wonder what she will wear? tongue sticking out smiley

Hm, I think an acoustic or pretty stripped down Wild Horses would be something Bruce could pull off nicely.

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: December 10, 2012 16:48

I love Bruce Springsteen and the Black Keys. I think than they they are very good choices in term of quality. Bruce could do some slow number (wild horses, Dead flowers, beast of burden) or a classic rocker (route 66).

I bet that the blues of the night is going to be performed with the black keys (I'm going down).

Lady Gaga...., good marketing choice.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 10, 2012 17:29

What is wrong with Lady Gaga? I watched her MSG performance on a flight sceen recently, and I thought it was intersting. If people can post threads here about pussy and food then why not Lady Gaga? Let's see how it is working out before we judge.

Bjornulf

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 10, 2012 17:30

more food for thought, for sure

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: December 10, 2012 17:31

How much was Florence critisized and then everyone liked her...

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 10, 2012 17:35

I can see it working. Probably more so on Miss You than Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 17:36

Everybody's acting like this is a Lady GaGa concert... It's one song and she is a very talented singer/songwriter.

Come onnnnnnnnnn.

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 17:42

Gaga Talented? She is a bad rip-off of Madonna!!
Lose the guests PLEASE!!!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 10, 2012 17:43

GAGA?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!

NO!

Stupid decision.

Mick you're bigger than this crap.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 10, 2012 17:46

custom55
Everybody's acting like this is a Lady GaGa concert... It's one song and she is a very talented singer/songwriter.

Come onnnnnnnnnn.

Agree. I admit when she first came on the seen, I was skeptical because she seemed to be just all show business. But custom55 is right, she has a lot of talent. Doesn't mean I like all her songs, but she has earned her spot at the top of the charts and will bring excitment from the young crowd. My daughter is begging me now to get an extra ticket to the concert for her.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 10, 2012 17:51

GravityBoy
GAGA?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!

NO!

Stupid decision.

Keith has officially lost his %51 ownership...Mick is steering that night towards the rocks now...or the pops...or the poprocks...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:06

We are in Trainwrecksville.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:08

Ga Ga can actually sing and play piano but is pure kitsch pop. She has ZERO business being on-stage with the Stones. This is just a money grab.

Bruce is alright. Aside from his political junk, he is ok. I just have never been impressed with his songwriting. He will bring a solid energy at the least.

The Black Keys - YYYEEEESSSS. Make it happen. Its about time. Two Stones fans who have put out some of the best blues around. BAM!

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:10

custom55

Come onnnnnnnnnn.

Oh yes, she is talented and far better than most people think. Personally I hope she'll be doing Gimme Shelter with them. Her voice is made for a song like this.

Oh people, if I only could afford a ticket for this show and the flights and on and on...:-(

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:13

I like Lady Gaga. While I don't own her records, I like some of her songs and I think she's talented.
This is a brilliant marketing ploy since now all of the teeny-boppers (aka Little Monsters) will get turned on to the Stones...and that's not a bad thing!
In the words of my 14 year-old daughter, Chillax people. smoking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:14

Munichhilton

Keith has officially lost his %51 ownership...Mick is steering that night towards the rocks now...or the pops...or the poprocks...

>grinning smiley< Reminds me of the time around 1991 when Axl Rose wanted to push original member Izzy Stradlin to a backseat (and on a salary too...)

Watch out Keith! You're Axl Jagger's sideman now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 18:15 by dcba.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:16

Or the poop-rock? grinning smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:41

bv
What is wrong with Lady Gaga? I watched her MSG performance on a flight sceen recently, and I thought it was intersting. If people can post threads here about pussy and food then why not Lady Gaga? Let's see how it is working out before we judge.
There is nothing wrong with Lady Gaga and I think it can be as funny as Miss you with Justin Timberlake. I am sure she has style in her performances, but I doubt if she always sings live in her shows.
For Bruce I would say it's a gesture for the US.
Iam sure they all do fine, it is just that I think the choices for the Rock and Roll HIstory was a better one in London, at least so far.
As I said the quality is always something to argue.
I am pretty sure that all convertgoers will have an awesome night.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:47

memphiscats
I like Lady Gaga. While I don't own her records, I like some of her songs and I think she's talented.
This is a brilliant marketing ploy since now all of the teeny-boppers (aka Little Monsters) will get turned on to the Stones...and that's not a bad thing!
In the words of my 14 year-old daughter, Chillax people. smoking smiley

I like her too. I also like many other artists that have absolutely nothing to do with anything the Rolling Stones have done in 50 years, and no relationship with them except for their use in a cynical bid to sell more PPV broadcasts to people who know or care nothing about the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:48

Munichhilton
GravityBoy
GAGA?

NO!

Stupid decision.

Keith said one month ago that he LOVED Lady Gaga and that she was very very rock'n'roll!

Benjamin.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:50

bv

BV, in all due respect......I'll take the pussy and food over Gaga any day of the week........

Date: December 10, 2012 18:52

1cdog
bv

BV, in all due respect......I'll take the pussy and food over Gaga any day of the week........
BV, with all due respect, you did mean pussy-cats? Right? I'd hate it if you to have to ban yourself winking smiley

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:57

Jeez. What is the matter with some of you people??

Beck, Clapton, Blige, Clark, Florence, GaGa, Springsteen, Black Keys.... these are all mega selling artists (like it or not) in their own right. They have all jumped at the chance at playing with the Stones - who wouldn't?? I'm sure if Mick asked some of you lot with crappy bar bands out there, pretending you're Keith on a Friday night to try and give yourselves the credence to call yourself a 'musician', to play, you'd jump at the chance too...

Like it or not, these artists have fans who might not be that into the Stones and it offers a chance to gain a few more fans along the way. Plus, it's only for a couple of songs. Stop getting your knickers in a twist about everything that YOU don't like. The is the STONES' 50th anniversary - not yours! Let them do what they want and STFU.

And if it doesn't live up to your incredibly high expectations, or they aren't as good as when you saw them for the 38th time back in 1973, then tough SH!T. Time to follow a different band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 19:07 by riffhard72.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:00

riffhard72
Jeez. What is the matter with some of you people??

Beck, Clapton, Blige, Clark, Florence, GaGa, Springsteen, Black Keys.... these are all mega selling artists (like it or not) in their own right. They have all jumped at the chance at playing with the Stones - who wouldn't?? I'm sure if Mick asked some of you lot with crappy bar bands out there, pretending you're Keith on a Friday night to try and give yourselves the credence to call yourself a 'musician', to play, you'd jump at the chance too...

Like it or not, these artists have fans who might not be that into the Stones and it offers a chance to gain a few more fans along the way. Plus, it's only for a couple of songs. Stop getting your knickers in a twist about everything that YOU don't like. The is the STONES' 50th anniversary - not yours! Let them do what they want and STFU.
thumbs upthumbs up

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1706
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home