Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 26, 2015 01:42

Aquamarine
71Tele
"Value" for the masses who populate these shows means hearing the hits and seeing the poses, and being able to say they were there. Nothing more.

How about enjoying the music, even if it's not adventurous? Sometimes that's what folks are in the mood for.

By all means, go for it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 26, 2015 01:49

Stoneage
Naturalust
Stoneage
I wonder which is the highest price anyone has paid for attending a Rolling Stones concert? Not taking in account the black market.

Knew a guy who lost his wife cause he snuck to a Stones show with a girlfriend and was caught by some of her friends. But the highest was surely, Meredith Hunter, who paid the ultimate price at Altamont.

peace

That's correct, Naturalust. I'll rephrase it then. Which is the highest amount of money anyone has paid for a Rolling Stones concert ticket? Secondary market excluded.

The highest I've seen were 2 seats first row Keith's side in SD for $4777 each, not there anymore so someone probably bought them.

peace

Re: The Thrill is Gone..
Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 26, 2015 02:04

24FPS
I thought they were slowing down considerably when I saw them in 2005 and again in 2006 in Los Angeles. I was very excited to get to see them on the opening night in L.A. in 2013. There was maybe 4 moments worth being there for: Emotional Rescue, because it's rare, Midnight Rambler, because Mick Taylor was there, the choir for You Can't Always Get What You Want, and Keith's opening chords to Jumping Jack Flash. (The only glimpse of what we think of as the real Rolling Stones). But all the rest just went blurring by, and quite frankly, except for Mick Jagger, it could have been just about any band playing up there.

Having said all those negative things, I'm glad there are people out there that still want to see them, and will have the opportunity. If they want to see the same thing over and over again, for ever increasing prices, that's their business. And if I want to see the 'real' Rolling Stones, I have a DVD player that can take me to almost any point in their long, storied career. And the Marquee show is almost hear!

I hope everyone has a blast this summer seeing the Stones. I'll be in my basement room, with a DVD, and a 'shroom....

Well, I last saw them in Atlanta in 2006 and my ticket then was twice as much as Lucky Dip this time in Atlanta. So, it's not "over and over" again for me.

Re: The Thrill is Gone..
Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 26, 2015 02:07

24FPS
I thought they were slowing down considerably when I saw them in 2005 and again in 2006 in Los Angeles. I was very excited to get to see them on the opening night in L.A. in 2013. There was maybe 4 moments worth being there for: Emotional Rescue, because it's rare, Midnight Rambler, because Mick Taylor was there, the choir for You Can't Always Get What You Want, and Keith's opening chords to Jumping Jack Flash. (The only glimpse of what we think of as the real Rolling Stones). But all the rest just went blurring by, and quite frankly, except for Mick Jagger, it could have been just about any band playing up there.

Having said all those negative things, I'm glad there are people out there that still want to see them, and will have the opportunity. If they want to see the same thing over and over again, for ever increasing prices, that's their business. And if I want to see the 'real' Rolling Stones, I have a DVD player that can take me to almost any point in their long, storied career. And the Marquee show is almost hear!

I hope everyone has a blast this summer seeing the Stones. I'll be in my basement room, with a DVD, and a 'shroom....

Well, I last saw them in Atlanta in 2006 and my ticket then was twice as much as Lucky Dip this time in Atlanta. So, it's not "over and over again" for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-26 02:08 by tonyc.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 26, 2015 03:16

71Tele
Ticketing for any big act like this is a market-driven phenomena. What will the market bear? That's the only criteria that really goes into these decisions. It has nothing to do with what's "fair", any more than pricing a BMW does. Don't think you're getting value for the money? Don't buy a ticket. That is what I have chosen to do. "Value" for me meant including Mick Taylor and doing something at least a little more musically adventurous. "Value" for the masses who populate these shows means hearing the hits and seeing the poses, and being able to say they were there. Nothing more.

Exactly correct 71Tele...I was reluctant too. Didn't think I'd spend big money for another show of 18 greatest hits...without Mick Taylor...but then they decided to play IN MY BACKYARD! So...I knew I'd regret it if I didn't see them one final time. So..I will be in Section 4 of the Marcus Amphitheater here in Milwaukee HOPING that they play an extended show with extra special deeper cuts for the smaller amphitheater crowd.

Just wondering....have the Stones ever played any other amphitheaters other than Alpine Valley (Wisconsin) and upcoming Milwaukee Marcus Amphitheater?

The June 23rd will be my 8th.

Hope to see (& meet) some of you IORRers there!

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-26 03:17 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 26, 2015 05:50

Naturalust
Stoneage
Naturalust
Stoneage
I wonder which is the highest price anyone has paid for attending a Rolling Stones concert? Not taking in account the black market.

Knew a guy who lost his wife cause he snuck to a Stones show with a girlfriend and was caught by some of her friends. But the highest was surely, Meredith Hunter, who paid the ultimate price at Altamont.

peace

I feel terrible that I laughed at that.>grinning smiley<
Carolyn G

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-26 06:40 by tauk.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 26, 2015 05:57

[/quote] Just wondering....have the Stones ever played any other amphitheaters other than Alpine Valley (Wisconsin) and upcoming Milwaukee Marcus Amphitheater?

Hope to see (& meet) some of you IORRers there![/quote]

The Hollywood Bowl for one..

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 26, 2015 14:19

MisterDDDD
Just wondering....have the Stones ever played any other amphitheaters other than Alpine Valley (Wisconsin) and upcoming Milwaukee Marcus Amphitheater?

And again on 6th & 8th November 2005

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 26, 2015 15:09

TM rearranged some seats for the Columbus concert.

I have a section c ticket. It was right against the catwalk. I was pretty excited. Even showed the seat to my brother on the "Choose Your Seat". Hovered over the seat and it displayed my ticket info. My bro even commented that the catwalk looks like a dick.

Being pretty excited over this ticket, I'd check it out on TM every so often. Then yesterday morning, being in a very Stones mood. I checked my seat again. Now my seat is on the aisle bestween c and b. Like what the @#$%&? Kind of pisses me off.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 26, 2015 15:16

That sounds like something you should check out with a live TM employee on the phone. Hope it clears up.
It just goes to show how many troubles can be avoided on both sides by simply taking the GA route for the floor tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-26 15:17 by Nikkei.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 26, 2015 21:50

MisterDDDD

Hope to see (& meet) some of you IORRers there![/quote]

[/quote]

Where's this book come from? I'd love to see it.

Date: April 26, 2015 22:13

Here is a link with photos and sale info..

[www.rollingstones1966photos.com]

Date: April 26, 2015 23:22

sweet neo con
71Tele
Ticketing for any big act like this is a market-driven phenomena. What will the market bear? That's the only criteria that really goes into these decisions. It has nothing to do with what's "fair", any more than pricing a BMW does. Don't think you're getting value for the money? Don't buy a ticket. That is what I have chosen to do. "Value" for me meant including Mick Taylor and doing something at least a little more musically adventurous. "Value" for the masses who populate these shows means hearing the hits and seeing the poses, and being able to say they were there. Nothing more.

Exactly correct 71Tele...I was reluctant too. Didn't think I'd spend big money for another show of 18 greatest hits...without Mick Taylor...but then they decided to play IN MY BACKYARD! So...I knew I'd regret it if I didn't see them one final time. So..I will be in Section 4 of the Marcus Amphitheater here in Milwaukee HOPING that they play an extended show with extra special deeper cuts for the smaller amphitheater crowd.

I sincerely hope you have a great time, and by all means, I wish that for every single person who goes. I have probably seen my last Stones show, but having always felt slighted that my first show was 1975 (first tour witout Taylor) I got to finally see them with Taylor, which despite his limited role, was a thrill. I can die happy...I have an all-access pass for The Replacements tour happening now, so I can travel to four or five Replacements shows for the price of one Stones show, and hear (in my opinion) more compelling rock & roll, so I am very happy. Looking forward to the eyewitness reports and videos of the Stones.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 27, 2015 00:26

sweet neo con

So..I will be in Section 4 of the Marcus Amphitheater here in Milwaukee HOPING that they play an extended show with extra special deeper cuts for the smaller amphitheater crowd.

advice you didn't ask for: don't hope for that because you will be disappointed. They don't do that (they did on a tour that featured different shows for different arenas -- Licks). The fact that the audience will be a little smaller than other venues doesn't mean anything, they will do their '15 tour setlist. You should look forward to that, don't set yourself up for inevitable disappointment.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 27, 2015 00:31

Yeah, for the smallest show of the Asian tour, in Singapore they played a shorter show!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 27, 2015 00:33

OTOH, I can hold out a little hope that you may be right, if even just a small bit, sweet neo con. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 27, 2015 00:39

I'm pulling for you to be right if even a little bit as well, neocon..

I'm also hoping for the same thing in Quebec City... as well.
smoking smiley

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: April 27, 2015 01:21

71Tele
sweet neo con
71Tele

I sincerely hope you have a great time, and by all means, I wish that for every single person who goes. I have probably seen my last Stones show, but having always felt slighted that my first show was 1975 (first tour witout Taylor) I got to finally see them with Taylor, which despite his limited role, was a thrill. I can die happy...I have an all-access pass for The Replacements tour happening now, so I can travel to four or five Replacements shows for the price of one Stones show, and hear (in my opinion) more compelling rock & roll, so I am very happy. Looking forward to the eyewitness reports and videos of the Stones.
Replacments compelling in 2015??, there just as much a nostalgic band as the stones! true alot cheaper but also alot less history

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-27 01:22 by Ket.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 27, 2015 01:22

Congratulations to the complaints thread. More than 25,000 views and 1,000 complaints so far...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 27, 2015 17:26

This one... if you are not happy with ticket prices...

Bjornulf

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 27, 2015 17:51

Rokyfan
sweet neo con

So..I will be in Section 4 of the Marcus Amphitheater here in Milwaukee HOPING that they play an extended show with extra special deeper cuts for the smaller amphitheater crowd.

advice you didn't ask for: don't hope for that because you will be disappointed. They don't do that (they did on a tour that featured different shows for different arenas -- Licks). The fact that the audience will be a little smaller than other venues doesn't mean anything, they will do their '15 tour setlist. You should look forward to that, don't set yourself up for inevitable disappointment.

realistically i know you are correct Rokyfan. i am sure i will get caught up in the excitement no matter what they play....but I am looking forward to seeing what songs they rehearse etc... Loved the setlists from 1989-1999. And of course the Live Licks Stadium/Arena/Club setlists...even though I was not able to attend.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: April 27, 2015 18:09

Ket
71Tele
sweet neo con
71Tele

Replacments compelling in 2015??, there just as much a nostalgic band as the stones! true alot cheaper but also alot less history

That part is true, but there are many more surprises and setlist variations during any given show.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 27, 2015 18:40

Is it too late to complain about the ticket prices for the 1978 tour?
I mean c'mon am I made of money?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 27, 2015 19:19

Some say they are offended by me saying this is the complaints thread. To me it is like being married for 40 years and then starting to complain about how your partner is kissing, talking, thinking or eating. Really. Then start thinking about a divorce. Old people don't change.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 27, 2015 19:29

bv
Some say they are offended by me saying this is the complaints thread. To me it is like being married for 40 years and then starting to complain about how your partner is kissing, talking, thinking or eating. Really. Then start thinking about a divorce. Old people don't change.

My friend and I were fishing the other day and he told me he was thinking about divorcing his wife. I asked why and he said "She doesn't talk to me anymore, We haven't talked in months" ...I replied "You should reconsider, a woman like that is hard to find". winking smiley

peace

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 27, 2015 19:53

All these complaints about tickets prices and here I am offering to give away two sets of tickets! lol

Just goes to show, no-one trusts a freebie... Hell, even I don't trust a freebie!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 27, 2015 19:56

Trust me I'd be there in a heartbeat if i could afford to cross the big pond smoking smiley

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: April 27, 2015 19:58

Nikkei
Trust me I'd be there in a heartbeat if i could afford to cross the big pond smoking smiley

To quote McConaughey, "All right, all right, all right!"

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 27, 2015 19:58

Naturalust
bv

My friend and I were fishing the other day and he told me he was thinking about divorcing his wife. I asked why and he said "She doesn't talk to me anymore, We haven't talked in months" ...I replied "You should reconsider, a woman like that is hard to find". winking smiley

peace

Where can I buy one? Is there a platinum VIP package that comes with a cookbook and laminate?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-27 20:00 by josepi.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 27, 2015 20:04

EddieByword
MisterDDDD

And again on 6th & 8th November 2005

Top price ticket for the 1966 show: $4.50
Top price ticket for the 2005 shows: $450.00 (face value)

Jagger even made a comment about it during the show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home